Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report - 1,500 pictures, dining reviews, and DISmeets!

The addition of TSM has added a challenge to us Dissers !!My first morning at DHS I got the FP and rode later didn't bother with the standby line the second time I got FP and the got in line . By the time I got off standby it was time for the FP ! Soooo lesson learnt someone has to be in line on standby while you get the FPs which is impossible when you are solo!!:rotfl2:

We have always avoided parks that are having EMH so have never tried. I think it might be worth it sometime to try early EMH. We did the similar thing called Magic Morning in CA and it was amazing how much we got in the first hour. Do you find that park to be pretty full all day as a result of the EMH?

You are starting to sell me on this "get up early" thing on vacation...WOW. You still have the whole day to hit the shows, wander the streets and all! :thumbsup2

I'm almost convinced...I really treasure my sleep! Though, an afternoon nap NEVER EVER happens in my world, so that is another plus for the "get up early" plan. Hmmmmm.....:laughing:

Alan, I am sooo glad that someone else enjoys DHS as much as I do! It seems to be everyone's least favorite park and least must do! It is on the top of my list! I think this year I will drag myself out of bed and do some morning EMH's! DHS still looked MOBBED in your pics though!!

Glad you had fun, looking forward to your review on Sci-Fi!

The food looks so yummy at WCC-we'll have to try this one!

It looks like y'all had a blast at HS EMH! Can't wait to hear those Sci Fi reviews.

BTW-love your Buffett shirt. :love:I am listening to RadioMargaritaville right now-I rotate between that & DisRadio. :thumbsup2

We've never tried the early extra magic hours. We always do the evening ones. Looks like we may just have to give the a.m. ones a try.

We've never tried the early extra magic hours. We always do the evening ones. Looks like we may just have to give the a.m. ones a try.

It's always so nice to read what each family enjoys! We do early morning, but rarely evening (too crowded for us) ~ especially in the summer, we enjoy morning, Sometimes in early December we'll try morning and evening, but we're definitely morning folks. :)

This TR has been so much fun, Alan. It really is the next best thing to being there and has been like a mini-vacation. Brings back so many wonderful memories of when my adult children were the ages of your munchkins! :goodvibes

Thanks again! :thumbsup2

Thanks again for the continuing story.
Also, Happy Anniversary to you and your wife. I had to laugh when I read about your celebration. I thought I was the only one stretching it ;) 'cause dh and I will be celebrating the 19th anniversary of our 1st date on our trip in Sept. :woohoo: Why not?

Keep the awesome TR coming!

We've been gone on our (non-Disney) family vacation so I just found you and caught up! We had a great time in the mountains (I'm a fly-fishing widow now ;)) but I still miss our May Disney trips. So keep the report and photos coming - I'm living vicariously thru you til our Oct. trip! :laughing:

I'm anxious to hear how the rest of your DHS day went. Great plan for EMH - but I, too, have always avoided those parks out of concern for crowds later in the day. Maybe you'll change my mind...

I LOVE that you have such explicit plans of attack for the morning! :laughing: SUCH good DIS'ers. And sounds like the plans worked perfectly. Doesn't it *almost* make you feel sorry for the poor suckers who don't plan?

Can't wait to hear about lunch at Sci Fi. I'm thinking that is on my list for next time. :thumbsup2

Hahaha....yeah, I'm not a "Disney Nazi" or anything like that...but I do like to get a jump on things. Our plan is to get to the parks early, ride as much as we can, then leave after lunch.

What a great morning! I love it when you can bang out rides like that very quickly. :thumbsup2

Oh, me too! There's just SO much to do at Disney World, I feel like I need to get a good jump on it in the mornings.

I too am a fan of DETAILED plans. Otherwise, you miss SO much of the parks by not making use of your time. You can tell you guys are Dis Vets! :thumbsup2 I say, if I gotta spend alot of money on my Disney trips, than I WILL see it all and do it all!!:woohoo:

I agree. ALL of us get tired in the afternoons, so we do everything we can in the mornings and spend the afternoons just chillin'.

Wow you managed to get some rides in, great planning :thumbsup2

I'm hoping my DD will ride RnR with me again this year, last year she hated it :rotfl:

I hope your DD will ride with you this year! I LOVE RnRC!!

Okay, what time were your fast passes and did DW and DD get to ride TSM? How long was their wait in the standby? I'm trying to plan but we ALL love RNRC so we can't "send" someone with the keys. We love DHS too! Our favorite rides are their also. We always take two days for DHS. Sounds like fun. Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

The FastPasses were for around 10am I think. Maybe it was 9:30am that morning. More on DW & DD riding TSM in a moment. ;)

great morning plan!! we love the extra hour in the parks as well:cool1:

I like the early extra morning hours because we fully intend to LEAVE that park after lunch.

Great plan and it looks like nice weather as well.

Oh yeah.....nice weather ALL day that day.

I have to ask if Elizabeth and Julianna had a comment about the ctowd rushing to TSM? I have to say rope drop and heading to that ride was my most un Disney like feeling we had all week. I kept thinking what was the rush? The park is open for the next twelve hours. :confused:

We did get to ride it twice. That ride was AWESOME!:thumbsup2

Yeah, that crowd can get out of control heading to TSM. They got a little distracted along the way....more on that in the next post.

Enjoying the TR!! Cannot wait to read more on your day at DHS!! It is hard to believe when looking at the pics that we were there 2 weeks ago. Wish I was still there....

Me too.

We had the same basic morning plan of attack at DHS as you guys. Even the rope drop crowd pic could have come from my camera.

Hahaha...that's cool, Myst! I have now been to DHS 4 times and after 10:30am you just cannot get on Rock n' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, or Toy Story Mania without a HUGE line. I'm not a morning person AT ALL....but I prefer mornings over long, hot lines.

I can't wait to read more of your trip report.... however that is going to have to wait because we leave in less than 12 hours for Pensacola and we will be in Disney in 5 days!!!!!

The addition of TSM has added a challenge to us Dissers !!My first morning at DHS I got the FP and rode later didn't bother with the standby line the second time I got FP and the got in line . By the time I got off standby it was time for the FP ! Soooo lesson learnt someone has to be in line on standby while you get the FPs which is impossible when you are solo!!:rotfl2:

Absolutely. I will elaborate more on that on our last day of the trip report.

We have always avoided parks that are having EMH so have never tried. I think it might be worth it sometime to try early EMH. We did the similar thing called Magic Morning in CA and it was amazing how much we got in the first hour. Do you find that park to be pretty full all day as a result of the EMH?

I can definitely see why you would avoid the parks with the EMH. If I intended to stay in the park all day long, I would probably avoid them to. But, I swear, we get soooo many rides in by 11am, it is worth it! When you can just get on and off Tower of Terror over and over again for the first hour...that's just so cool! You feel like you're getting away with something!

That being said, once lunchtime arrives, the crowds become really heavy....so we usually call it a day soon after lunch, (as you will see throughout this report.)

Clear and beautiful pictures! And a good TR too!!!

Awww..thanks!

You are starting to sell me on this "get up early" thing on vacation...WOW. You still have the whole day to hit the shows, wander the streets and all! :thumbsup2

I'm almost convinced...I really treasure my sleep! Though, an afternoon nap NEVER EVER happens in my world, so that is another plus for the "get up early" plan. Hmmmmm.....:laughing:

Hey, I am no morning person...believe me....but it sure does beat standing in long lines. Every afternoon that I am taking a nap or sitting by the pool, I always think to myself, "I could be at the park right now...but I've already riden everything!"

Alan, I am sooo glad that someone else enjoys DHS as much as I do! It seems to be everyone's least favorite park and least must do! It is on the top of my list! I think this year I will drag myself out of bed and do some morning EMH's! DHS still looked MOBBED in your pics though!!

Glad you had fun, looking forward to your review on Sci-Fi!

DHS is my FAV! I could just ride those three rides over and over again. It is such a small park, that I really love the EMH mornings there. You can do all the fun stuff then leave! This year, we scheduled DHS for our FIRST day and our LAST day.

The food looks so yummy at WCC-we'll have to try this one!

It looks like y'all had a blast at HS EMH! Can't wait to hear those Sci Fi reviews.

BTW-love your Buffett shirt. :love:I am listening to RadioMargaritaville right now-I rotate between that & DisRadio. :thumbsup2

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! I'm a huge Buffett fan. I'm a musician and Buffett is my idol.

If you have park hoppers, I would go to the am EMH, then hop after lunch.

It's always so nice to read what each family enjoys! We do early morning, but rarely evening (too crowded for us) ~ especially in the summer, we enjoy morning, Sometimes in early December we'll try morning and evening, but we're definitely morning folks. :)

This TR has been so much fun, Alan. It really is the next best thing to being there and has been like a mini-vacation. Brings back so many wonderful memories of when my adult children were the ages of your munchkins! :goodvibes

Thanks again! :thumbsup2

Thanks very much! I love doing this! Fortunately, I've got enough pictures to keep me busy for awhile!

Thanks again for the continuing story.
Also, Happy Anniversary to you and your wife. I had to laugh when I read about your celebration. I thought I was the only one stretching it ;) 'cause dh and I will be celebrating the 19th anniversary of our 1st date on our trip in Sept. :woohoo: Why not?

Keep the awesome TR coming!

Thanks very much! We celebrated our actual wedding anniversary last week. (Can you say sushi?) Congrats on your upcoming "anniversary" also! I think the celebration of a relationship is pretty cool.

We've been gone on our (non-Disney) family vacation so I just found you and caught up! We had a great time in the mountains (I'm a fly-fishing widow now ;)) but I still miss our May Disney trips. So keep the report and photos coming - I'm living vicariously thru you til our Oct. trip! :laughing:

I'm anxious to hear how the rest of your DHS day went. Great plan for EMH - but I, too, have always avoided those parks out of concern for crowds later in the day. Maybe you'll change my mind...

I'll do my best to keep everyone entertained!! :laughing:

We got out of DHS before it got TOO crowded, but more on that later.

Great trip report so far. I look forward to the rest.

Thanks! Next chapter is on the way.

looking forward to your Sci Fi review...this is one of our choices for xmas trip, but am kind of worried how my 3 1/2 year old will be!! can't wait to read all about it!!!!

Hahaha...that's cool, Myst! I have now been to DHS 4 times and after 10:30am you just cannot get on Rock n' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, or Toy Story Mania without a HUGE line. I'm not a morning person AT ALL....but I prefer mornings over long, hot lines.

Amen to that! Den can attest to my serious dislike of mornings. :rotfl: At Disney though I have no problems with them. Of course we didn't have to be there for EMH since we weren't on site. We did the avoid the emh but hit the big attractions first plan.

I love ToT and RnRC!!!! We have never made RD at DHS but every time we are there in the morning, the wait shows about 30 minutes and it's usually a walk on. So don't be fooled by the wait times posted - especially anytime before about 1pm.

Looking forward to your take on Sci Fi - we were there in March.......

Hey, I am no morning person...believe me....but it sure does beat standing in long lines. Every afternoon that I am taking a nap or sitting by the pool, I always think to myself, "I could be at the park right now...but I've already riden everything!"

That half sentence alone I think is going to make getting up early worth it. We always have to squeeze pool time in at night (or on a non-parks day), and Joe is always wishing we had more of it-and had time to explore the resort more/take advantage of what they offer.

And the bonus of having already ridden everything! :thumbsup2

I hope this method holds out true during Premier Week!!!! :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter