Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report - 1,500 pictures, dining reviews, and DISmeets!

Did ya ever notice with the pics you have taken at CSR-- where are the people= in almost ALL your photos there are no people in the background--lovely

Did ya ever notice with the pics you have taken at CSR-- where are the people= in almost ALL your photos there are no people in the background--lovely

I'm glad someone else noticed that. And did you notice that NOT ONE OF THEM has a suit on?????

Hi Alan Sooo Day 2 begins !! :cool1:I showed the girls your pix of WCC and they definately want to go !! See Alan you are doing it again !! Rosies ressies are influenced by the Renfroes !!!:rotfl2:
I have tarted posting pix on my TR !! Yes I finally gt them onto PB!! I stalled on Day 1 till I had them ready !!So tomorrow I had better get to Day 2 !!:rotfl:

Great update...the suspense is killing me....I bet you had a great day at DHS judging from the beginning of the day!!! Update soon!!! Please!!!! :):):)

I'm SO glad I subed to this thread! Great trip report, can't wait for the rest. I'm glad I'm not the ONLY one who after we drive 10 hrs was BRAVE enough to make ressies for another resort. After reading your report, I've bumped mine up 2 hrs!! BTW, we're staying at the WLV's so I LOVED your pics! :banana:

Thanks, soulmates. I think bumping up dinner is a good idea. (Of course, now you just have to make sure you can make it there on time on your arrival day!)

Hurray for a beautiful start to the day!

Thanks, Lessa! Day 2 is gonna be a good one.

Great update Alan!!

Thanks Pooh's-Honey-Pot! New update is on the way.

I LOVE your trip report! You don't see many CSR reports - and were going for 14 nights this September - I can't wait :banana:

Did you find being on the DDP at CSR ok? I'm a bit worried about getting confused with what is considered a dessert and a snack credit!

You know, you have an excellent point - you really don't see a lot of CSR reports. We just LOVE CSR. I've got lots more pictures to share.

No, the DDP at CSR wasn't confusing at all. The cast members really were knowledgable about what constituted a snack credit vs. a dessert and stuff like that. I was impressed. (Of course we didn't eat at CSR very often.)

Ohmygoodness,ohmygoodness....looking at the photos of your family brings back such wonderful memories of our family trips when our were young....now have a grandbaby, so in a few years we'll begin making new memories.

This fabulous TR and pics ...well....I can almost smell WDW...the resort smell...the MGM smell....sigh...wonderful, just wonderful. :goodvibes

Thanks so much, Alan! :goodvibes

I know that this time in life (having a 12-year-old and a 9-year-old) doesn't last long, and I am determined to make the most of it! That is one of my "Clark Griswold" characteristics. These are special times in our lives right now.

Cool! I love the comment about "smelling" WDW. That's why we have 1,500 pictures! I know a lot of them are just random pics, but I really wanted to capture a sense of actually being there in my report. Also, it helps me remember exactly what we were doing at any particular time.

Looks like it really was a beautiful day, can't wait to read about what you rode at DHS :goodvibes

DHS was a blast! We ended up going there on our first full day and our last.

Can't wait to get started at DHS!:cool1:

Update is on its way!

Exactly!!! That is one of the things we love so much about CSR....at times it feels like you have to place to yourself!! It is very quiet and serene. I think that is why some people may not like it. If you want the full-on Disney experience 24/7, you might find CSR to be a little too quiet. However, we think it totally fits with the landscaping, the hammocks, etc. Did I mention that I LOVE CSR? :love:

I'm glad someone else noticed that. And did you notice that NOT ONE OF THEM has a suit on?????

Good call, Kathy. We did see a few suits headed to convention activities...but we only felt sorry for them; they were there to work and we were there to PLAY!! Conventioners do not bother us in the least. For the most part, they seem to be envious of the vacationers and sort of let them have priority. When I took one of the pictures of the kids, there was a man in suit walking towards us, behind the kids as we were about to take the picture. He came by and said, "let me hurry by you so you don't have some creepy bald-headed conventioner in your family photo!" (We thought that was pretty funny!) :laughing:

I noticed that too, right on!!:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

I just wanted to say that I am loving your trip report!!

Thanks very much! The next chapter is coming up next.

Hi Alan Sooo Day 2 begins !! :cool1:I showed the girls your pix of WCC and they definately want to go !! See Alan you are doing it again !! Rosies ressies are influenced by the Renfroes !!!:rotfl2:
I have tarted posting pix on my TR !! Yes I finally gt them onto PB!! I stalled on Day 1 till I had them ready !!So tomorrow I had better get to Day 2 !!:rotfl:

Hahaha....nice to know I have such influence on you, Rosie! I will get over to your report and check out those pictures.

Great update...the suspense is killing me....I bet you had a great day at DHS judging from the beginning of the day!!! Update soon!!! Please!!!! :):):)

Yep...a GREAT day!

Day 2 had begun. We were up and ready, and now we were awaiting the rope drop at Disney's Hollywood Studios at 8am for the Extra Magic Hour. Here's the plan: Wil & I are going to line up on the right side of the street so that we can high-tail it down Sunset Blvd to ride Rock n' Roller Coaster and the Hollywood Tower of Terror. Elizabeth and Juliana line up on the left side with ALL of our keys to the world cards. They are going to head to Toy Story Mania, pick up FastPasses for all of us, then ride in the standby line. Then, we can all meet up later to ride Toy Story Mania together.

02-017.jpg

02-019.jpg

The rope drops and Wil & I head to Rock N' Roller Coaster.

02-039.jpg

We were among the first ones in line!

02-040.jpg

02-041.jpg

02-042.jpg

By the time we finished the pre-show, we were some of the first in line. In fact, I think we were on the 3rd coaster of the morning. Gotta love Extra Magic Hours mornings! :thumbsup2 Also, it is now official....Rock N' Roller Coaster is my FAVORITE ride in all of Disney World! You've got Aerosmith, darkness, loops, speed....it doesnt' get any better!

We finished riding and walked over to the Tower of Terror. Our wait was less than 10 minutes.

02-044.jpg

DSC00801.jpg

The Hollywood Tower of Terror is probably my 3rd favorite ride in all of Disney World. So you can see why we love DHS so much. It has most of our favorites! Anyway, we decided to head over to Star Tours.

DSC00809.jpg

After Star Tours, Wil & I decided to call the girls. They had gotten our FastPasses, but we still had time to go back and ride Rock 'N Roller Coaster one more time.

02-045.jpg

02-046.jpg

It wasn't even 10am yet, and Wil and I had already riden Rock N' Roller Coaster twice, Tower of Terror, and Star Tours! Our plan worked beautifully! Now it was time to go meet up with the girls.

Coming up next, the first two hours in the park with the girls....and then we all meet back up for Toy Story Mania. Also, later, lunch at Sci-Fi.

I LOVE that you have such explicit plans of attack for the morning! :laughing: SUCH good DIS'ers. And sounds like the plans worked perfectly. Doesn't it *almost* make you feel sorry for the poor suckers who don't plan?

Can't wait to hear about lunch at Sci Fi. I'm thinking that is on my list for next time. :thumbsup2

I too am a fan of DETAILED plans. Otherwise, you miss SO much of the parks by not making use of your time. You can tell you guys are Dis Vets! :thumbsup2 I say, if I gotta spend alot of money on my Disney trips, than I WILL see it all and do it all!!:woohoo:

Wow you managed to get some rides in, great planning :thumbsup2

I'm hoping my DD will ride RnR with me again this year, last year she hated it :rotfl:

Okay, what time were your fast passes and did DW and DD get to ride TSM? How long was their wait in the standby? I'm trying to plan but we ALL love RNRC so we can't "send" someone with the keys. We love DHS too! Our favorite rides are their also. We always take two days for DHS. Sounds like fun. Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

I have to ask if Elizabeth and Julianna had a comment about the ctowd rushing to TSM? I have to say rope drop and heading to that ride was my most un Disney like feeling we had all week. I kept thinking what was the rush? The park is open for the next twelve hours. :confused:

We did get to ride it twice. That ride was AWESOME!:thumbsup2

Enjoying the TR!! Cannot wait to read more on your day at DHS!! It is hard to believe when looking at the pics that we were there 2 weeks ago. Wish I was still there....

We had the same basic morning plan of attack at DHS as you guys. Even the rope drop crowd pic could have come from my camera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter