Team Goddess - Volume 11. Rocking 2012 Goddess Style!

Hi All.
Sorry for the yucky fall Lisa. It was 80 here yesterday but it will be 45 by Saturday. Thanks to YOUR "cool" air :rotfl2:

Meg, WOW 37 days that is coming up fast.
I hope your dad heals quickly.

Just came on to say probably more like 75 here today Jo. And then 40 something early next week. BOO! Better rise again for Halloween. Some years H. night cold and then some H. nights darn right balmy.

Canadians do know that your weather idiots often say cold front coming down from Canada - like Canada is this solid straight equal latitude line where everything simply changes. :rotfl2: The magic place. Laughing. And like fronts are always north south with no variation. :rolleyes1

Still gloomy this morning!!!! Again. Should be sunny today but this is so strange. I don't remember a fall so gloomy. What is going on? :crazy2:

Okay, got to run. Will return later to catch up.

Nancy, thinking about you. I'm sure there's a myriad of thoughts and emotions around it all.

Just came on to say probably more like 75 here today Jo. And then 40 something early next week. BOO! Better rise again for Halloween. Some years H. night cold and then some H. nights darn right balmy.

Canadians do know that your weather idiots often say cold front coming down from Canada - like Canada is this solid straight equal latitude line where everything simply changes. :rotfl2: The magic place. Laughing. And like fronts are always north south with no variation. :rolleyes1

:lmao: Yep!

It's been record breaking warmth here, in the mid-80s, and it's never that warm in mid-mo in late October. BUT, cold front coming in and we'll be in the 40s by the weekend (and my race...blech!).

Have you guys ever run sick??? :sick: I have this cold, thought it would be better, but we're two days out and now instead of just drainage, I'm coughing and hacking. I'm pretty distraught about it, the last race I signed up for, I missed b/c I was VERY ill and I feel like this is almost some crazy psychosomatic unconscious thing. I don't want to run my first race sick and hacking, but I don't want to miss another. I'm just really bummed about it. I figure it's just 35 minutes of my life, certainly I can run/walk and then just recover afterwards??? :confused3

Karen- Love the costume! Love it! I honestly love a race I can dress up for. Enjoy the experience of your first 5k, it's great. And after that you'll be so close to your trip, so exciting!!

Liz- I feel the need to paint a picture of me chanting "We want the trip report." just like I'm part of the pirate crew who demands they want a red head.

Nancy- It's always unfortunate when you have to leave a job but I'm glad you're doing whats best for you. And good for you with being honest with your boss about the situation.

Lisa- I've never been great at tracking. I did it for awhile when I first started to keep tabs on my weight but now I know the calories for most of the foods in my life and use the app on my phone when I'm eating something new.

So my Dad... my uncle is an orthopedic surgeon and he checked my dad out. He said he probably tore some muscle in his both his calfs(he had a name or the muscle but I don't remember it). Surgery is out of the question due to his heart and the fact that his heart medication thins his blood so much. My dad pretty much couldn't walk that night, now he's using crutches for a little extra support but he is able to walk without them. My uncle is going to check back in with him Monday. Of course my dad insisted on doing upper body lifting and walked on the treadmill tonight. Stubborn Italian man. My brother and I have both made it clear he has to take care of himself because we leave in 37 days for my sister's wedding/DISNEY and he doesn't want to be injured for it. So I'm hoping it keeps getting better.

Today at work was a mess. I went to boot camp with the mindset that I just wanted to throw myself into my workout. It was the closest I've ever come to throwing up during working out. I'm on the couch half asleep trying to convince myself to get up and go to bed. I'm sure tomorrow I'll be glad I pushed myself.

Of course your dad insisted on doing upper body lifting and walked on the treadmill!!! :3dglasses Sighing.

I hope he lays off somewhat and he improves soon Megan.

Tracking - I didn't track one moment with the weight I've kept off BUT things have changed for me so I thought I must open my mind (age Megan - you don't have to worry at all there! :goodvibes). So my thoughts have always been do not do a thing that you can't do for life - so three days or so is doable right now. We all know that keeping off is a whole different ball game so that's my rule and I'm always sticking to that.

Honestly, it's the dam! WW etools. I'm totally addicted to all of it - that's the only reason I can track beyond a minute! I love etools. So surprising. I know what it is - I LOVE school. I LOVED report cards. I LOVED tests and exams. I LOVED the feeling of a job done. I even LOVE little stars. Laughign. All of it - so etools makes me happy. :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

:lmao: Yep!

It's been record breaking warmth here, in the mid-80s, and it's never that warm in mid-mo in late October. BUT, cold front coming in and we'll be in the 40s by the weekend (and my race...blech!).

Have you guys ever run sick??? :sick: I have this cold, thought it would be better, but we're two days out and now instead of just drainage, I'm coughing and hacking. I'm pretty distraught about it, the last race I signed up for, I missed b/c I was VERY ill and I feel like this is almost some crazy psychosomatic unconscious thing. I don't want to run my first race sick and hacking, but I don't want to miss another. I'm just really bummed about it. I figure it's just 35 minutes of my life, certainly I can run/walk and then just recover afterwards??? :confused3

Obviously I have nothing to add re: running and recovery. BUT Karen eat some curry (if you like it) - or lots of wasabi with sushi - or kimchi - or some strong Indian food. All will get it moving quickly.

Here's to feeling better pronto.

Can't wait to hear.

Jo - did I miss your race report? Meaning do one for me!! :rotfl2: I must have missed the results on fb - I'm not on all the time so I must go back. But RR regardless.

FORGOT ME! :rotfl: I'm down 2.8 and once again Nancy I'm too wiped to write what's going on around it. So interesting.

Next time I must write to you FIRST and then catch up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course your dad insisted on doing upper body lifting and walked on the treadmill!!! :3dglasses Sighing.

I hope he lays off somewhat and he improves soon Megan.

Tracking - I didn't track one moment with the weight I've kept off BUT things have changed for me so I thought I must open my mind (age Megan - you don't have to worry at all there! :goodvibes). So my thoughts have always been do not do a thing that you can't do for life - so three days or so is doable right now. We all know that keeping off is a whole different ball game so that's my rule and I'm always sticking to that.

Honestly, it's the dam! WW etools. I'm totally addicted to all of it - that's the only reason I can track beyond a minute! I love etools. So surprising. I know what it is - I LOVE school. I LOVED report cards. I LOVED tests and exams. I LOVED the feeling of a job done. I even LOVE little stars. Laughign. All of it - so etools makes me happy. :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

Obviously I have nothing to add re: running and recovery. BUT Karen eat some curry (if you like it) - or lots of wasabi with sushi - or kimchi - or some strong Indian food. All will get it moving quickly.

Can't wait to hear.

Jo - did I miss your race report? Meaning do one for me!! :rotfl2: I must have missed the results on fb - I'm not on all the time so I must go back. But RR regardless.

FORGOT ME! :rotfl: I'm down 2.8 and once again Nancy I'm too wiped to write what's going on around it. So interesting.

Next time I must write to you FIRST and then catch up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay on being down Lisa!!

Quick RR. My offspring is wasting my water bill while they should be in the shower washing rather than playing.

I really did not want to do this race at all but another mom friend wanted to and it would be her first. So we trained together all summer. We had GREAT WEATHER. We ran 2 mins walked 1 min. All was great til mile 12, I hit the wall. I just had no steam left. We finished in 2:49 that is a PR for me sort of.
I do think I was the same pace maybe a bit faster at disney when you take out the stops for pictures (I finished disney 2:56) Plus there are some people on this thread that lie for a whole year and make me think I ran disney doing 2/1 but really it was 2:30 run 30 walk.. But I will not state any names... :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

Okay I did not get a chance to read the entire thread - okay only the last couple pages - and Lisa you are right I need a cheat sheet!:rotfl2: Today was the day I was going back to WW as I said I am a life member, did well for years, but the last 5 have been torture! Its amazing that my "fat" weight from years past now is my goal weight:rolleyes1. Well I start my day getting into 17 year old DD's car because it needs service and I was dropping it off after work. Car is a mess so I decide to grab the coats, sweat shirts and crap from the back seat and what do I discover 2 beer bottles:headache: Oh my blood pressure went through the roof and the car search begins:crazy2: No other incrimenating evidence still steaming though:sick:. Well the car search took a while - missed the WW meeting and had to get to work. Did I say I was crazy mad:mad:? I get to work and vent to my co worker. She sympathises with me and out of the blue says "does your daughter return cans and bottles for you for the money" OMG light goes off:idea: ALL summer/fall she has been getting Gram's bottles and cans along with ours and returning them - garbage bags full of bottles - It now occurs to me that there were a couple of soda cans and a club soda bottle back there too.
When I got home I looked at the bottles again and they were gross sticky, dirty and looked like they were part of Gram's bags full. When DD got home I asked her in a almost calm manner what was she doing with 2 beer bottles in her car "oh those fell out when I brought that last load of cans back for Gram, you know the gross bag of bottles with the spiders in it!":thumbsup2

This kid is aging me much faster then the other 2!;)

I am going to join WW next week - I got my WW "tools" out from the bottom of the closet and I am on day 5 of walking with my neighbor - we are bringing flash lights and doing our hour walk after work:cheer2:

Its a start - you all are inspiring me thank you.

Had a whole long thing typed out about my doctors appointment today but decided to leave it at this... weight, diet and everything looked ok. Have to go get my blood taken in the morning after fasting so they can check my cholesterol. Genetics can be your own worst enemy. (And hey universe, I'm only 30... back off I'm still very young!)

Oh the flip side I stood in my kitchen tonight telling my dad that I need to up my exercise game even more then I already have. Boot camp twice a week is great and running is great but it's time to do more. What that is I haven't figured out.

I'm also going to start looking for a 10k or half to do. I love running 5ks but they've stopped feeling like huge accomplishments. Please don't think I mean any disrespect to those who are starting to do these. I was in your shoes once, I totally remember when I started running them and how every step seemed huge. I really mean no disrespect. Just the last times I've had that high of running and feeling like I conquered something was Tough Mudder or my last half. I think training for something big again might make me step up my exercising.

Ok enough about me time to go back and read about all of you. Thanks for listening.

Karen- Before I tell you about running sick I should warn you that I have some screws loose in my head I think. I find that when I'm sick and I get to the point where I'm coughing I love to run. I might not always be my fastest but the fresh air helps and I just make sure to drink a bit more water during the run. If you get really sick don't run but if its just lingering then I bet you can still kick butt. Just remember your training and remember that you are a kick butt woman who has worked hard and you can do it. Just think when you finish you'll get a hot shower and you can bask in the glory of a good race.

Lisa- My dad is a stubborn Italian man so of course he's going to just keep going, but luckily at least one of his legs seems better and he doesn't need the crutches, baby steps.

E-tools, love them! Love them! I know how much weight I've lost and can keep track yet I still enter it every week just to see it on my phone and to see the little graph they show me. Plus it helps me stay on track. I just can't track as well during the day due to the 17 three year olds who dominate my world daily so I've grown accustom to keep track mentally or just bringing to work food that fits in with what I've allowed myself for the day.

Oh and yay for you being down! Please forgive me for ignoring when you go up. I think that the fact that you are loosing still too far outweighs the weeks when you gain. But it's easy for me to say, it's not my body.

Jo- Gee Jo, who on this thread who possibly tell lies about a race? But great job on getting a great time even if you did hit a wall. And forgetting all that... remember when you were doing your first? And now you're helping people run their first? You've come so far!!

Denise- Welcome!! Disney on NYE is so much fun. It's a bit of a nut house in terms of the amount of people but I think I did two or three trips there for NYE with my family and it was awesome.

Can't wait to hear.

Lisa, you saved me! I LOVE turmeric, just haven't had any lately. As soon as I saw this last night I loaded up on the turmeric (and honey) and I slept so much better last night! I'll have more today, hopefully it will do the trick. :thumbsup2

Okay I did not get a chance to read the entire thread - okay only the last couple pages - and Lisa you are right I need a cheat sheet!:rotfl2: Today was the day I was going back to WW as I said I am a life member, did well for years, but the last 5 have been torture! Its amazing that my "fat" weight from years past now is my goal weight:rolleyes1. Well I start my day getting into 17 year old DD's car because it needs service and I was dropping it off after work. Car is a mess so I decide to grab the coats, sweat shirts and crap from the back seat and what do I discover 2 beer bottles:headache: Oh my blood pressure went through the roof and the car search begins:crazy2: No other incrimenating evidence still steaming though:sick:. Well the car search took a while - missed the WW meeting and had to get to work. Did I say I was crazy mad:mad:? I get to work and vent to my co worker. She sympathises with me and out of the blue says "does your daughter return cans and bottles for you for the money" OMG light goes off:idea: ALL summer/fall she has been getting Gram's bottles and cans along with ours and returning them - garbage bags full of bottles - It now occurs to me that there were a couple of soda cans and a club soda bottle back there too.
When I got home I looked at the bottles again and they were gross sticky, dirty and looked like they were part of Gram's bags full. When DD got home I asked her in a almost calm manner what was she doing with 2 beer bottles in her car "oh those fell out when I brought that last load of cans back for Gram, you know the gross bag of bottles with the spiders in it!":thumbsup2

This kid is aging me much faster then the other 2!;)

I am going to join WW next week - I got my WW "tools" out from the bottom of the closet and I am on day 5 of walking with my neighbor - we are bringing flash lights and doing our hour walk after work:cheer2:

Its a start - you all are inspiring me thank you.

Totally sounds like something I would do! Glad you didn't fly off the deep end on her...that's most likely what I would have done, and then felt like a dummy for accusing before thinking it out. I have no idea why I even both jumping to conclusions with my kids, I'm pretty lucky, they are great kids. Maybe I'm just waiting for them to do something like they are "supposed" to do at this age...

Karen- Before I tell you about running sick I should warn you that I have some screws loose in my head I think. I find that when I'm sick and I get to the point where I'm coughing I love to run. I might not always be my fastest but the fresh air helps and I just make sure to drink a bit more water during the run. If you get really sick don't run but if its just lingering then I bet you can still kick butt. Just remember your training and remember that you are a kick butt woman who has worked hard and you can do it. Just think when you finish you'll get a hot shower and you can bask in the glory of a good race.

:worship: Thank you Megan! I really just needed someone who RUNS to tell me I can do it sick! Rey is being super supportive about it, but I think everyone else thinks I'm nuts. I'm actually more worried about my feet than my lungs at this point b/c it's been over a week since Dallas & I ran 3 miles and since I have been sick and trying not to push it, my feet have tightened up and are sore in the mornings more now. I've been compulsively stretching to try and help with that, but I know that 3 miles is just about my limit right now with the PF, so if they hurt, so be it! I'm going to tape them for the race, that should help too. I'll rest AFTER the race.

Of course we only have 9 days after the race before Disney, but it's just a 2 days trip, certainly my feet can handle that! :p

Oh, did I mention it's going to be about 30 degrees?!?! Guess I'm going to have to put a sweatshirt over my costume. Grph. I know, I'm making such a big deal out of this little 5K...but I know everyone must remember their first race, I'm sure in a few years I will laugh at getting all excited about a 35 minute race, but it's still my first!

Me, me, me. Sorry! :rolleyes2

Hi everyone!

Super quick fly-by from me, I'm still laid in bed. I've been knocked on my a**e by the flu, and I now have a throat infection!

Twoboysnmygirl said:
Oh, did I mention it's going to be about 30 degrees?!?! Guess I'm going to have to put a sweatshirt over my costume. Grph. I know, I'm making such a big deal out of this little 5K...but I know everyone must remember their first race, I'm sure in a few years I will laugh at getting all excited about a 35 minute race, but it's still my first!

Me, me, me. Sorry! :rolleyes2

The reason I'm fly-by posting is this - Karen, don't apologise for being excited and talking about your 5k - it isn't 'just 5k', it's an awesome achievement! Now you go and rock that 5k like I know you can!

Lisa - I promise I will be back, you haven't scared me with goal talk! Hey, what did you think to the picture Meg posted on FB? If I drank I would totally buy that wine!!

I DID IT!!!! :cool1:

35:38 for Dallas & I. There are pics on FB if you are friends with me on there. OMG, it was SO cold waiting for the race, but then it was fine! The HILLS nearly killed me and I was worried that I was slowing Dallas down, but he said he was about to puke twice, so I guess I kept up pretty good with the 17 year old! ;)

Felt fantastic, OMG, why didn't you tell me about the rush of sprinting at the end?!?! That ROCKED! So much fun, I looked at Dallas and said "wanna race?!?!?" and we sprinted in. LOVE IT. :goodvibes

WOOT!!! AND...I placed FIRST in my age division!!! Granted, there were only 10 women in my age group 30-39, but STILL! AND I was the oldest!!! Dallas placed first as well, not many teens running today. ;)

Karen- Congrats on a great run! Finishing first in your age group is awesome! I know you were worried about running and being sick, how'd you feel? Just think in nine days you can head to Disney as the woman who finished her first 5k and was first in her age group.

Karen- Congrats on a great run! Finishing first in your age group is awesome! I know you were worried about running and being sick, how'd you feel? Just think in nine days you can head to Disney as the woman who finished her first 5k and was first in her age group.

Thanks Megan! :goodvibes I was great during the race (once we got started, it was freezing!) only had a runny nose, but after and since, I have a bit of a cough if I breath in deeply. Other than my feet being a bit sore and my right calf feeling sore (I think from all the hills, just not used to using that muscle), I feel fabulous! :yay:

Dallas really liked the race and wants to do more! WOOT! That was really the best part, sharing it with him. I'm trying not to get ahead of myself, I know my feet are easy to flare with the PF, but I REALLY want there to be a Princess in my future! princess: 2014??

I DID IT!!!! :cool1:

Why yes you did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3: :yay::cheer2::thumbsup2

Fantastic Karen!

I ran over here from facebook. I'm going to go run back now. To comment on the pictures.

Also, not only did you get first in your division - YOU LOOK FANTASTIC as well Karen - double yeah! And you can absolutely see that you have great legs. jealous :rotfl2:

But first in your division! The best. So thrilling.

So happy and proud of you and that's lovely that you were able to share that experience with Dallas. And congratulations to him as well.

Will catch up with everyone later. :goodvibes

Kelly - I knew you wouldn't be scared off - I mean dirty dog and mug boy don't even scare you :rotfl2: - I was just getting paranoid. Smiling.

Okay,

I still haven't caught up as yet because I found the most amazing TR EVER this weekend.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2855462

I can't even explain to you all how much joy this TR has given to me - what a beautiful distraction.

I was at Mom and Dad's yesterday and actually had some very lovely moments despite the sadness. Are you ready? I got my 76 year old mother into jeans. :rotfl::lmao::rotfl:.

Wait! You have no idea how hysterical that is - it's only her dementia that it happened. My *mom* would never ever wear them. Or even let me bring them near her for that matter. ;);)

But as I was putting pants after pants on her in the change room - a feat in itself because her brain doesn't always understand what to tell her limbs ;) - I thought WT H they're stretch and will keep her warm and she's open to it. And the smaller size looked absolutely FABULOUS (better than me - we don't want to go to a legs discussion :lmao:) but she wanted more room.

So there is some lovely in dementia.:3dglasses

Will catch up soon.

Love to all.

lisaviolet said:
Will catch up with everyone later. :goodvibes

Kelly - I knew you wouldn't be scared off - I mean dirty dog and mug boy don't even scare you :rotfl2: - I was just getting paranoid. Smiling.

I laugh in the face of fear! :rotfl2:

So goal / gym weight loss - hard to tell so far, as I haven't been weighed! I had the bright idea that I would get weighed when I joined so I had a starting point, then do my workouts as planned and then get weighed after a month - so I'm due to get weighed at the end of next week!

I have noticed a change in body shape / the way my clothes fit so I'm not too worried about the numbers at the minute. I did miss a week at the gym due to a stupid flu bug that turned into a throat infection, which is still lingering. Of course, going to my cousins surprise 21st birthday and rapping along to Jay-Z probably didn't help :rotfl2:

WW and E-tools. LOVE the e-tools. Although, and I think I've said this before, the biggest incentive for me with WW was the fact that I actually have to pay actual money to get weighed - if I'm paying to get weighed you had better believe that I'm getting a good result at the end of it! :rotfl:

MEG - I hope your dad is doing ok!

JO - congratulations on the race!

KAREN - Ah Karen, I KNEW you would rock that race! So cool that you and Dallas came first in your groups! Am I right in thinking that you originally started jogging together?

EVERYONE - Hi!

LISA - I can't believe e I nearly forgot this - The Buble is touring here again next year - a 6 night run in London - tickets go on sale on Wednesday and they are tipping a sell-out! Keep everything crossed for me!

Thanks Goddesses! You girls are an inspiration and kept me going when I was ready to give up in the last year. :goodvibes

Lisa :hug:

Kelly, I started running years ago doing couch 2 5K, but I stopped a couple times for various reasons. Life, no motivation, runner's knee, etc. and started back up about 2 years ago and that is when Dallas decided he wanted to lose weight. He was 15 at the time and really out of shape and unhappy. Once he started, he was a force to be reckoned with! He lost a bunch of weight and has been pretty active, even when I was injured. It was so amazing doing our first race together. :lovestruc I cannot believe it took 2 years to get here though, hopefully we don't have to wait another 2 years for another! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter