Team Goddess - Volume 11. Rocking 2012 Goddess Style!

Lisa - I'll be back - don't think you can drop the WW bomb and get away with it! :rotfl2:

WT H - did I scare you with goal? :lmao: :confused3 My God - dirty dog was dressed as a mountie the other day.

And I have something I've never told you about my parents. They met in a tea factory. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Lots to say. I'll be back later to do it :goodvibes

For now: It's Monday. Time to push the reset button! Tracking today. And heading out for a bike ride :thumbsup2

Boy, do I have things to tell you. :flower3: One is Jean is on her last weekend of the play and her ego is growing by the minute.

Hi! Checking in since I haven't been around in a bit! Boot camp is going very well. This my 6th week! Still amazed at the changes I have seen in my strength and overall toning. And it is definitely one of the best things I have ever done for my running. My timed mile after a month dropped to 7:59! And the other day we did quarter mile laps in between exercise sets and I averaged 2 minutes on those.

Weight. solidly UP for the first 4 -5 weeks of boot camp . Yet several people asked I had lost weight. Finally last week I had a decent drop to 183. Feeling bloated this week. Probably wont weigh in.

Tracking. Going ok. Could be better. I dropped WW as I wasn't using it enough to justify the cost so I switched to MFP. I like it. Just need to use it on a consistent basis.

I hope to add a couple more workouts in next week. And do better tracking. Thursday starts our annual F and W trip to disney! So excited!

Next up for me is a short mud run on 11/10, then tough mudder on 12/2!

Wow Amy. OUTSTANDING. :cheer2:

WW - I just started. And I'll tell you the money is a HUGE motivator for me. Such a surprise. It never occurred to me that it would. Never. I bet it costs more here - everything does. :crazy2:

So happy and proud of you Amy!

Hi!

Lisa, I miss things because I don't catch them in real time - email me if you can/want to. xoxo

I am back to school, work/internship from my 3 days in Orlando! It was good. Even the dark side! pixiedust:

So sweet. Look at you. I will Liz - it might be a bit but I will.

I'm thinking about you all the time. AND I want to know about this trip. :coffee:

Pipsqueak get back here. I feel like I'm right there with you since I saw this beautiful main street the other day as I woke up - on Today. PRETTY. :lmao:

Oh and Nathan has been released. YEAH. Creatinine has dropped. YEAH. But not enough to be out of the woods yet. BOO. So wait and see - that's all they can do is wait and see. BOO.

Apparently it's because he's young and his immune system is strong. YEAH and BOO. :goodvibes

Hi Denise! Welcome! :wave2:

Just wanted to explain that and tell you to get a cheat sheet for names. It helps.

:rotfl: Definitely!

I'm down 3.7. Let's give a :confused3. And a :rotfl2:. I only post those emotions because every week has been the same but all over the map. I actually talked about only weighing in every two weeks there (but going every week). My leader looked like WT H but whatever it's my journey. But I think I'll update here regardless.

Nice job Lisa!:thumbsup2 How are the meetings? The workouts? What are you doing these days?

Crazytown lives here sometimes. We even have a mayor. :flower3:

Yes. Yes we do. :laughing:

I'm *finally* feeling like I'm getting back to being myself! 4 days in a row of exercise! :cool1: Gosh, it's been MONTHS! Biked on Monday, Tues/Wed I went to the gym and did a little walking and a very little running. Very.Little. It's going to be interesting. The whole running thing that is. My body isn't terribly excited about it :rolleyes1 Today was a beating with Erin's little minion.

Wait. I did tell you Erin had her baby, right?

anyway - feeling much better all around :thumbsup2

Pipsqueak get back here. I feel like I'm right there with you since I saw the beautiful main street the other day as I woke up - on Today. PRETTY. :lmao:

ooooh. Yeah. A lot of ugly for such a pretty little town, eh?:scared:

Oh and Nathan has been released. YEAH. Creatinine has dropped. YEAH. But not enough to be out of the woods yet. BOO. So wait and see - that's all they can do is wait and see. BOO.

Apparently it's because he's young and his immune system is strong. YEAH and BOO. :goodvibes

Glad to hear his is released.

Why is this happening to him anyway?

Hi Karen! :goodvibes

Trip is coming up soon, yes?

How 'bout some pre-trip details. Please? popcorn:: <= that was for Lisa :rotfl2:

Yes! I will post some on Monday and hopefully get to spend some time catching up! Today is Savannah's 12th bday and tomorrow is her big party, so we are crazybusy with cake baking, sugar skull making, and errands! :)

Glad to hear his is released.

Why is this happening to him anyway?

I not sure is you mean in the technical or philosophical sense? :lmao:;):love:

It really is absolutely fascinating if one can take the emotions out of it all. Which I struggle with, of course.

First, I saw him this weekend - I went to a second showing of Jean's play. We were all given orders she wasn't to know when. So that night Nate - his wife Annie (Annie looks so good I forgot she just had the baby) - Tasha (sister/niece) - my sister/partner - my niece (my side who's pregnant again BTW) - my other sister with a friend were all there. It was a blast because it was like "HI!!!" :dance3: even with my sisters. :lmao: And one of her lines is so MAMA. So Mama. It's like Mama lives. Nathan, Annie and Tasha were in hysterics and I knew why - Mama was only that way at home not to anyone else - and it was so HER. Lovely.

Anyway, so I saw him and he looks pretty good.

Okay, here's my best try. When someone gets a transplant they have to go on lifetime drugs to lower their immune system. Sounds counter productive, eh? To lower your immunity when you're building your body back up. Well it's a crucial part. If one has a strong immune system one's anti-bodies will be strong and furious. They will locate the "foreign object" and read it as a threat to the body even though it's a life saver. They think they're so smart that they surround this foreign entity and say GET THE HECK OUT HERE NOW! And they - I don't really know what the word is - attack the foreign object or wear it down. So right now that's what is happening. Why is happening a year a half out? I don't know Jo. I guess it could happen at any time. But they have told him that it's good that it's happening now and not six years out or so. Also, the kidney seems to be a fighter as they are surprised that although the function fell a bit it bounced back and is still strong. And has protected his BP - it hasn't risen - that is intertwined. So they are pleased with the kidney - it's his body that is reading threat. It's a total wait and see. He has to report in for blood every other day.

And Nathan just turned thirty - eats well - is an athlete. So the irony is that if he was a 55 year old man this might not even be happening. It's his strong - youthful - healthy immunity that's doing this despite the drugs attempting to lower it. (He's also been quite STUBBORN around major contact sports/activities - it annoys the he!! out of me - but it's not my choice of course - so hopefully that doesn't have a part - the kidney does not go where kidneys are towards the back - too risky - too deep/intricate - one reason why donors take longer to recover - it goes front of the body down by the groin - God gave us ribs to protect us - obviously a transplanted kidney does not have that *shield*).

And transplants aren't for life for the most part. The average right now - with all that they know - is 15 or 20 years or so. That I always found fascinating - that can hook up so strong and then they don't even know why someone can have only one of their own (from transplant or some from birth one kidney) and do fine but the transplanted one isn't the same. That I find really fascinating but they don't have all the answers. I asked. Laughing. Along with many other God/body questions. So fascinating.

Hi Karen! :goodvibes

Trip is coming up soon, yes?

How 'bout some pre-trip details. Please? popcorn:: <= that was for Lisa :rotfl2:

Good work Nancy. I was right on it.

Nancy, I have SO much to share. But don't have it in me right now. I did an experiment in the last month and a half or two and it's fascinating. Soon.

Yes! I will post some on Monday and hopefully get to spend some time catching up! Today is Savannah's 12th bday and tomorrow is her big party, so we are crazybusy with cake baking, sugar skull making, and errands! :)

Nice Karen!

How is Rey doing?

Can't wait to hear about the trip when you're not swamped.

I had one he!! of a Thanksgiving. :lmao:

First - okay not funny - Nathan calls and he's been hospitalized because all of a sudden his creatinine shot up out of nowhere and they suspect his anti-bodies are surrounding his kidney like it's the devil. :confused3 Time will tell.

And then ten minutes later we're on the highway off to Thanksgiving with my entire extended family out of town. All excited. All of a sudden the car goes nuts on the way and starts to shake - rattle and well no roll!!! Tire blew. I spent an hour on the side of the highway - well up a hill - on a lawn chair - waiting for CAA. Never got to Thanksgiving. :3dglasses Long story. I cried like a baby. :rotfl2:

(But still had Thanksgiving dinner - but out - obviously not the same - was delicious - but not the same as being with loved ones).

And feeling a lot with my brother.

What can you do? NOTHING. :confused:

:hug: Glad Nathan is out now! I think we inadvertently had Thanksgiving with the Canadians this year! Rey decided he just felt like turkey and the boys thought we should add all the fixins, so we had a big turkey dinner as well, not sure if it was actually on your Thanksgiving (I've lost track of any day farther back than yesterday!) :p

Hi!

Lisa, I miss things because I don't catch them in real time - email me if you can/want to. xoxo

I am back to school, work/internship from my 3 days in Orlando! It was good. Even the dark side! pixiedust:

Glad you had a good trip! One of these days when I get over my obsession with WDW, we will head to the dark side! ;)

Hi All :wave2:

I found this thread - okay once I saw Lisaviolet I had to start reading! :coffee: I just said to my friend while walking that I NEED to go back to WW (life member) who has been way out of control the past 5 years! Too many life changes. Okay here goes:

Height: 5'6'
Weight: 40 pounds above goal over the past 5 years grrrr!
Personal Stats: Married - next year will be 25 years, 3 wonderful daughters (2 in college, 1 a senior in high school)
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Important to me: My DH, Family and Friends, traveling I was a travel agent for 10 years so I really got the bug, camping, NFL and building relationships because it seems everyone I meet I learn something new!
Important to know: I am self employed bookkeeper currently with 7 accounts - too many right now working 6 days a week - one account is winding down. :p I love my jobs and the flexibility. So many companies that really only need a bookkeeper on a limited basis once or twice a week - It is nice going to different offices each day learning a lot of different industries~

Weight loss plan and goals: I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT! :scared: It used to be rather easy mentally and I cannot for the life of me get there now! Next year is a big year for me - 25 yr anniversary, DH 50th B.day, 1 DD high school graduation, 1 DD college graduation, trips planned WDW for 10 nights over NYE (and my birthday), Alaska cruise that my mom and dad are bringing the family love mom and dad :thumbsup2, and a trip to Dominican with DH and 10 friends in Oct to celebrate anniversary so I really need to get going here!

I have not had a chance to read the entire thread just found it last night but it will be my weekend reading! Hopefully listening to you all it will start the motivation. Mom just went back to WW and is down 10 lbs so I am hoping to jump on her bandwagon and get going.

Thanks for listening and hope you all don't mind me joining in

Denise

Welcome Denise!!! :goodvibes

I'm *finally* feeling like I'm getting back to being myself! 4 days in a row of exercise! :cool1: Gosh, it's been MONTHS! Biked on Monday, Tues/Wed I went to the gym and did a little walking and a very little running. Very.Little. It's going to be interesting. The whole running thing that is. My body isn't terribly excited about it :rolleyes1 Today was a beating with Erin's little minion.

Wait. I did tell you Erin had her baby, right?

anyway - feeling much better all around :thumbsup2

Glad you are getting back to it! I always forget how different I feel when I'm "ON", vs. "OFF"!

The trip...it's in TWO WEEKS! :eek: I'm utterly not prepared at this point. We just got done with Savannah's 12th bday weekend and I have my first 5K coming up next Saturday, so I keep forgetting we are even going! :laughing: I'm also slightly worried, b/c even though the trip is paid for, we have no money saved up for food/souvenirs. What I had saved, went to a new water heater. :rolleyes: I've got some money coming in, so we won't starve, but we probably won't go crazy either!

Two weeks from today, we'll be getting ready to take off. We arrive Monday the 5th in Orlando, in the afternoon. We're heading to AKL!!! (resisted the banana here!) Dinner at Sanaa, followed by DTD. Tuesday & Wednesday we are spending most of our time at F&W, but Tuesday morning we'll have breakfast at CP and do MK for a bit. We head back home on Thursday. Short trip, but SO excited to be staying at AKL and having time alone with just Rey! :love:

He's doing ok, just got over a cold and missed a bit of work conditioning last week because of it. He's very worried that he won't be able to do the lifting EVER, required with his job. He says he can still feel the disc bulging and pushing on this back and is uncomfortable. I'm not sure what we will do, but I think he's tried to push it too fast (Dr. was pushing too) and he needs to slow down a bit and tell the PT people and the Dr. that he's HURTING. He is so proud and most of the time I don't think they have any idea that he's hurthing.

Sorry about the ramble! I have some pics of Savannah's bday party in my PTR (link in my siggy) if anyone wants to see!

SUPER excited to be running again and doing my first official 5K on Saturday! Dallas is doing it with me, we ran 5K the other day and my feet were pretty sore for the next two days, but it's doable and that's all I care about at this point! I've been waiting SO LONG to do a race, I'm going to do this! Oh, pics of my costume/outfit for the 5K are in my PTR too. Minnie mouse, naturally! ;)

Oh that's just lazy, I can post it here!

KarenMinnie5K053resized.jpg

Hey ladies, things have quieted down a little now so I'm going to try to catch up tonight with everything.

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Hi All :wave2:

I found this thread - okay once I saw Lisaviolet I had to start reading! :coffee: I just said to my friend while walking that I NEED to go back to WW (life member) who has been way out of control the past 5 years! Too many life changes. Okay here goes:

Height: 5'6'
Weight: 40 pounds above goal over the past 5 years grrrr!
Personal Stats: Married - next year will be 25 years, 3 wonderful daughters (2 in college, 1 a senior in high school)
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Important to me: My DH, Family and Friends, traveling I was a travel agent for 10 years so I really got the bug, camping, NFL and building relationships because it seems everyone I meet I learn something new!
Important to know: I am self employed bookkeeper currently with 7 accounts - too many right now working 6 days a week - one account is winding down. :p I love my jobs and the flexibility. So many companies that really only need a bookkeeper on a limited basis once or twice a week - It is nice going to different offices each day learning a lot of different industries~

Weight loss plan and goals: I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT! :scared: It used to be rather easy mentally and I cannot for the life of me get there now! Next year is a big year for me - 25 yr anniversary, DH 50th B.day, 1 DD high school graduation, 1 DD college graduation, trips planned WDW for 10 nights over NYE (and my birthday), Alaska cruise that my mom and dad are bringing the family love mom and dad :thumbsup2, and a trip to Dominican with DH and 10 friends in Oct to celebrate anniversary so I really need to get going here!

I have not had a chance to read the entire thread just found it last night but it will be my weekend reading! Hopefully listening to you all it will start the motivation. Mom just went back to WW and is down 10 lbs so I am hoping to jump on her bandwagon and get going.

Thanks for listening and hope you all don't mind me joining in

Denise

Welcome, Denise! I'm Liz. I live in NJ and am the self-proclaimed mayor of Crazytown! :rotfl:

I did WW a few years ago, lost 80lbs, kept some it off, then gained it back! Boo.

I've done 3 Princess Halfs with these ladies, Team Goddess. I am not a runner or even an exerciser! But there you go.

I'm married with an 8 yr old, I was a book editor in my former life, and now I am working and going to grad school full-time. Oh, and my mom died a month ago - so that might come up.

Glad to have you here!!!

Poor you. :rotfl2::rotfl:;)

Crazytown lives here sometimes. We even have a mayor. :flower3:

The mayor is in the house! :rotfl2:

Ok, so do you really want my messy TR? Some of these ladies had to read it already. I'll post it if you're sure!

So I was going to catch up tonight but it was a mess of a night. My dad fell while walking the dog. The dog took off after a squirrel, my dad didn't see the squirrel and wasn't ready. He was in the yard unable to get up till my mom got home. My uncle is an orthopedic surgeon and says he thinks my dad has torn muscles in both his calf muscles. He's waiting to see if there's any improvement tomorrow but surgery is out either way because his medicine for his heart thins his blood out. Right now my dad can barely walk. Of course he turns to me and says its too bad this happened right before my jog not after. No joke he was really disappointed he didn't get hurt AFTER his jog instead.

Hopefully tomorrow he feels a bit better and I can finally catch up with everyone.

Lisa! So did Jean love performing? Is she going to do another one? Did I tell you Becca is in Cheaper By the Dozen? (the original, not the Steve Martin version). She's the mom. :lmao:

Karen -:cool1::cool1: Trip. 5K. Birthdays. So much wonderful going on!

Meg - Poor dad! Hope he's doing better :guilty:

Me. My life. Dramatic. I think that's how I'd sum up the last week. The super-short story is, after 11 crazy apple seasons, I have left my job at the orchard. There were some personel issues that were really starting to get to me. I had a very honest conversation with my boss about it all - her choice was to not address the issues which meant my option was leave or be miserable. So we decided that parting ways was what was going to have to happen. And there you have it.

More of the taking-care-of-me: I'm back to working out. For real. Thank goodness to, because, well, I've put on a few more pounds :headache:

So I was going to catch up tonight but it was a mess of a night. My dad fell while walking the dog. The dog took off after a squirrel, my dad didn't see the squirrel and wasn't ready. He was in the yard unable to get up till my mom got home. My uncle is an orthopedic surgeon and says he thinks my dad has torn muscles in both his calf muscles. He's waiting to see if there's any improvement tomorrow but surgery is out either way because his medicine for his heart thins his blood out. Right now my dad can barely walk. Of course he turns to me and says its too bad this happened right before my jog not after. No joke he was really disappointed he didn't get hurt AFTER his jog instead.

Hopefully tomorrow he feels a bit better and I can finally catch up with everyone.

I hope your dad recovers quickly! I totally would have said something like that. (wish it had happened after my run)

Lisa! So did Jean love performing? Is she going to do another one? Did I tell you Becca is in Cheaper By the Dozen? (the original, not the Steve Martin version). She's the mom. :lmao:

Me. My life. Dramatic. I think that's how I'd sum up the last week. The super-short story is, after 11 crazy apple seasons, I have left my job at the orchard. There were some personel issues that were really starting to get to me. I had a very honest conversation with my boss about it all - her choice was to not address the issues which meant my option was leave or be miserable. So we decided that parting ways was what was going to have to happen. And there you have it.

More of the taking-care-of-me: I'm back to working out. For real. Thank goodness to, because, well, I've put on a few more pounds :headache:

Sorry about the job, but it sounds like the best option. YAY for working out and taking care of you!! :cheer2:

Lisa, is WW still a go for you? I don't think I ever did WW, but back in my teens, I did Nutrisystem and they had meetings...I was not fond of them, or the weigh-in. :scared:

Oh that's just lazy, I can post it here!

KarenMinnie5K053resized.jpg

So CUTE Karen. And you look fantastic. Good for you!

So excited for your trip and good thoughts sent your way for Rey. Men are so proud, eh. Sighing.

Welcome, Denise! I'm Liz. I live in NJ and am the self-proclaimed mayor of Crazytown! :rotfl:

I did WW a few years ago, lost 80lbs, kept some it off, then gained it back! Boo.

I've done 3 Princess Halfs with these ladies, Team Goddess. I am not a runner or even an exerciser! But there you go.

I'm married with an 8 yr old, I was a book editor in my former life, and now I am working and going to grad school full-time. Oh, and my mom died a month ago - so that might come up.

Glad to have you here!!!

The mayor is in the house! :rotfl2:

Ok, so do you really want my messy TR? Some of these ladies had to read it already. I'll post it if you're sure!

YES!

Post the TR here please and thank you.

She's only the mayor because she's skilled at reigning in crazy. :rotfl2: Denise, I hope we didn't scare you - come back - I'm getting paranoid. I was pleasantly surprised to see you. I was wowed that you are about to have 25 years of marriage and we are practically the same age.

LIZ! oh Liz. I don't know - something's beginning to bother me how you put your weight loss journey out there. I don't know. I don't even know how to explain it. I think you should go back to the beginning of this thread and read what I had to say about you. I don't know if this time of loss puts you as far as what you want around weight but I'll say it again - you have everything you need - when and if you need it. And I wanted to tell you when I started WW but your mother's death put it on hold. My leader has lost 100 pounds. She says it was ELEVEN TRIES. ELEVEN! And now she's three of four years out.

And I thought about you and how you seem to always state the loss and any gain and it makes me grrrr. Once again I can't pinpoint my concern/issue. But you lost all that weight through ups and downs and all arounds (which is awow in itself) and I just know - 100% - you have everything when you want it. I can't follow myself Liz so don't even bother to try to figure it out.

I just felt like putting it out. LOVE to you.

Think about you every single day. :hug:

Much love to your dad as well. (and Emily and Nick - tell me if I'm supposed to use E and N and I'll edit).

Crap Megan.

Men. They kill me. The run. :3dglasses Priceless.

Hope he improves every day. Please let us know.

Nancy!

Wow. I KNOW that you must have taken some disrespect there. For awhile. I know. Oh how I know. Love to you. Smart you for not picking status quo all around and simply swallowing and settling. Smart you.

Jean's in LOVE. So much to tell you. Acting people - although I would be very happy if I meant person. :rotfl2:

Lisa, is WW still a go for you? I don't think I ever did WW, but back in my teens, I did Nutrisystem and they had meetings...I was not fond of them, or the weigh-in. :scared: [/COLOR]

Yes Karen. Been going for a month. I went because things had definitely changed in my mid forties and I needed the accountability. I expected to not follow the program re: tracking but I do track about three times a week - mostly because I respect you all so much and to broaden my brain and what I know or THINK I KNOW. :goodvibes :rolleyes1

Also, it gives me yet another destination walk in life as it is a good 40/45 minutes. I had no interest to go in the past - even just to weigh in - because I have no interest in losing to get into BMI land. But I realized I could get a doctor's note. I swear I could stop right now and feel just fine. I don't want any more than thirty something more and that reads high. Frustrating but I've come to let it go. Kind of! Laughing.

I have so much more to say but wiped. Love to all.

Kelly! Get your a$$ back here. If I've pushed your goal too much I'll shut the eff up. :goodvibes

Oh and we've had such a dismal - gloomy - autumn here. :confused3 I don't where the eff the sun has gone. So strange. It seems to come in for a day and leave. I want my fall money back!!! Laughing. How are you guys? Tomorrow should be seventy. :confused3

Karen- Love the costume! Love it! I honestly love a race I can dress up for. Enjoy the experience of your first 5k, it's great. And after that you'll be so close to your trip, so exciting!!

Liz- I feel the need to paint a picture of me chanting "We want the trip report." just like I'm part of the pirate crew who demands they want a red head.

Nancy- It's always unfortunate when you have to leave a job but I'm glad you're doing whats best for you. And good for you with being honest with your boss about the situation.

Lisa- I've never been great at tracking. I did it for awhile when I first started to keep tabs on my weight but now I know the calories for most of the foods in my life and use the app on my phone when I'm eating something new.

So my Dad... my uncle is an orthopedic surgeon and he checked my dad out. He said he probably tore some muscle in his both his calfs(he had a name or the muscle but I don't remember it). Surgery is out of the question due to his heart and the fact that his heart medication thins his blood so much. My dad pretty much couldn't walk that night, now he's using crutches for a little extra support but he is able to walk without them. My uncle is going to check back in with him Monday. Of course my dad insisted on doing upper body lifting and walked on the treadmill tonight. Stubborn Italian man. My brother and I have both made it clear he has to take care of himself because we leave in 37 days for my sister's wedding/DISNEY and he doesn't want to be injured for it. So I'm hoping it keeps getting better.

Today at work was a mess. I went to boot camp with the mindset that I just wanted to throw myself into my workout. It was the closest I've ever come to throwing up during working out. I'm on the couch half asleep trying to convince myself to get up and go to bed. I'm sure tomorrow I'll be glad I pushed myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter