Team Goddess - Volume 11. Rocking 2012 Goddess Style!

Yes - as Ronda asked - where Ms Paula?

Or just hanging out?

Great on the maintain. HIGHLY underrated. If we all respected it more......

I'm here. Just got wrapped up in trying to get everything done before my vacation. Add in a little job stress and you get one crazy Paula.

Before I get myself into trouble again for disappearing I am telling you all now that posts from me will be scarce in the week ahead. I am off to Florida to visit some relatives and then to hop on -a Disney Cruise!!!!! It was a last minute thing thanks to my aunt's planning but it is happening. I really don't want to buy the Internet package on the ship (I'll end up working if I do) so no real posting until I get back.

I promise a full trip report and pictures when I get back.

I'll check in when I can.

Karen - love the pic. Safe travels!

Lisa - glad Frankish is doing well

Paula! Have a wonderful trip!!!! :goodvibes

Liz, I think it's a great idea, I think you should go for it! :lovestruc

Today is the day! Lots to last minute pack and I even have mid-day petsitting before packing up the car, waking up Rey, and taking off! He's sleeping all day so he can drive all night, we should be there sometime late morning tomorrow!!!! :woohoo:

I'm here. Just got wrapped up in trying to get everything done before my vacation. Add in a little job stress and you get one crazy Paula.

Before I get myself into trouble again for disappearing I am telling you all now that posts from me will be scarce in the week ahead. I am off to Florida to visit some relatives and then to hop on -a Disney Cruise!!!!! It was a last minute thing thanks to my aunt's planning but it is happening. I really don't want to buy the Internet package on the ship (I'll end up working if I do) so no real posting until I get back.

I promise a full trip report and pictures when I get back.

I'll check in when I can.

Karen - love the pic. Safe travels!

Lisa - glad Frankish is doing well

:lmao:

No, I meant "where Paula?" as in "Where are you going on vacation?". :rotfl2:

But I got my answer anyway. :dance3: Yeah for you. Have a wonderful time. I'm always off tech - like you - on vacation. This last time I had to log on to put in starting weight and first week for BL and it was strange.

I'm just going to say something short about Frankie. He's not okay. I'm home (and my vet said wasn't necessary - thank God I am). It's a nightmare and I'm about to break. But staying strong. He was sent home - without a follow-up call - found out the vet office went to a conference and didn't let me know - no vets - no pain meds were sent - got a vet the hour before she left by telling them I demanded to (not mine though but same office - mine went right after surgery and never let me know) and she starts on with "maybe he has a blood clot - or hints that maybe a stone was missed - you need to see another vet somewhere" (he's suddenly crying in litter). It's a bloody emotional nightmare. He's being seen by a vet today to make sure it's that he needs pain meds. She told us (ours) he didn't need any b/c he has 72 hours worth in him.

Okay onward.

YEAH FOR TODAY - Karen. :goodvibes Today is the day..... so happy for you. Have a wonderful time. :yay: Like I said can't wait to see the photos from YOU. :love:

Liz - wow. Can not wait. Must go back and see dates. I think that's fabulous. I have more to say later....

Nancy - I will write you. Ummm, is it 10 or 15 you want? If it's ten then you are 36% of the way there already. And there's this guy from Entourage that lost a lot. He said he was only losing a pound a week at the most and it just added up and VOILA.

I will say that there is great research about two hours of high or med- high intensity can be stressful to the body and not the best for some. And that it can produce cortisol and therefore the body says "I'm hanging on". I know althletes and BL contestants do it all the time but we can't compare to us - they are getting all their nutrients (vitamins/minerals etc) done for them to a "T" and massage and food done etc. I'm not talking hours of walking or recreational biking or lower heart rate activities. That's just wonderful life. Only talking more than an hour of high or med-high heart rate/intensity. I am big believer in maximum of an hour when I'm working out working out (not walking or having fun like tennis and such). And certainly never in high intensity. And even if I wasn't against it - no one can keep up for life with that and once again I'm a big believer in not doing anything to any extreme - or that one can't keep up - because the body will react big time when it changes. AND congrats on the loss. Truly. Even maintaining is great underrated.

Hi everyone. :love:

I'm down 1.2. Nancy this gives me the green light to write you about HR discoveries. Not scientific - just Jean and I discovery watched over more than a half a year. So of course many would argue - as always about HR and intensity - but hey we're here. :rotfl2:As soon as I get some relief with everything.

Karen - Have a great trip!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1: are you posting here or on FB or both?

Paula - enjoy every second and we will "see" you when you get back!

Lisa - I am so so so sorry about Frankie. I can't believe these vets - just to leave like that without follow up -this is their patient! I hope the next vet is compassionate and skilled and can help Frankie ASAP.

Nancy - I think Lisa is right. Water, yes, but also you are working so hard you body is probably like ***? I know I don't lose if I am too intense - the body likes a little slacking. You forget how hard you work, what level you are at. You're not some soccer mom!

Lisa - on the 1.2! YAY!!! :cool1:

I bought a new scale. Tiny little thing, can travel if need be. Oh, yes, this is coming to my 10 day WDW extraganza. I am staying on track - enjoying my life means making good choices! Anyway, new scale weighs me .5 less than 12 year old scale...do I believe new scale? Loving it right now!

I bought a new scale. Tiny little thing, can travel if need be. Oh, yes, this is coming to my 10 day WDW extraganza. I am staying on track - enjoying my life means making good choices! Anyway, new scale weighs me .5 less than 12 year old scale...do I believe new scale? Loving it right now!

Oh so jealous of your new scale. :rotfl2:

Mine is about to go and one can only hope to be so blessed. :lmao:

Thanks Liz. :hug:

Nancy - since I'm so off I want to make sure you know that I am not talking about not doing high intensity - I know how much you love it. And I certainly won't give it up. I was only talking that if so you have to not extend duration with it at all. I know you know all this - and I should ask you first about where/how your high intensity is fitting in right now.

And I'm certainly not talking about our lovely marathoners. Laughing.

I can't wait to sit down and talk heart rate findings. :3dglasses

Lisa - email me if you need to.

It took probably a week before Trinity wasn't crying in litter. They said blood in the urine was normal for a few weeks as they had to stitch up inside as well as out. She was on pain meds on the 2nd day as the ones they gave her lasted 24 hours, and on antibiotics for a full month after each surgery. Also coned and confined to a bathroom for 10 days until stitches came out. This worked out well as we bought a small box and therefore she didn't associate big normal box with pain (BAD for cats, you might have to switch boxes and litter placement).

We stayed home for 3 days with her after each surgery - planned it for Thurs and one of us took Fri off then we had the weekend. Checked her every hour while awake and up every 4 hours to check at night.

I should have told you this before. :sad1:

SOO sucks on the vet though. I shopped 4 vets before I found a good one. Best to go with one that has attached ER hospital if possible.

I can't wait to sit down and talk heart rate findings. :3dglasses

I have lots of thoughts on all this too! But not tonight - it's been a long day at the end of a long week. I'm ridiculously tired and need to get to bed. Tomorrow is another run day for me.

THEN we'll talk. :thumbsup2

In the meantime, I hope you and Frankie are getting along better tonight :grouphug:

Good morning!

Just checking in! Weigh in day and then I am off to walk 8 miles. Somehow, 8 doesn't seem that far when I am planning on 60 in October! :lmao: Perspective!

LOVE the new scale! It says I have a loss of 3.8! Woo!

Of course I am like, do I trust it? And N offered two suggestions: 1. Weigh yourself at the gym and see what the medical scale says or 2. Take it and move on, because you are talking a pound or less difference.

Moving on, moving on!

I would totally take it and move on! :thumbsup2 Especially since my scale and I aren't exactly seeing eye-to-eye today :headache:

I'm heading out for a planned 5 miles. It's a relatively warm morning here -about 32*- so I'll get some "outside" time in today.

Lisa - email me if you need to.

It took probably a week before Trinity wasn't crying in litter. They said blood in the urine was normal for a few weeks as they had to stitch up inside as well as out. She was on pain meds on the 2nd day as the ones they gave her lasted 24 hours, and on antibiotics for a full month after each surgery. Also coned and confined to a bathroom for 10 days until stitches came out. This worked out well as we bought a small box and therefore she didn't associate big normal box with pain (BAD for cats, you might have to switch boxes and litter placement).

We stayed home for 3 days with her after each surgery - planned it for Thurs and one of us took Fri off then we had the weekend. Checked her every hour while awake and up every 4 hours to check at night.

I should have told you this before. :sad1:

SOO sucks on the vet though. I shopped 4 vets before I found a good one. Best to go with one that has attached ER hospital if possible.

Thanks everyone! AGAIN. :hug:

It's been he!!. I have no idea what I did for hours on end and days on end - truly. And I have no issues with confrontation when needed and I have LOADS to say to the practice who operated on him but I have to keep some of it back right now b/c his stones are gone out for research and that info is critical for Frankie. And it will go to them. They called yesterday - the receptionists and said "Lisa we are phoning because the vet (the blood clot one I don't know) asked you to have all information on Frankie sent to us so we know how he is and what they said. And we want to know how he's doing". Whatever. I obviously am ignoring.

____________________________-

He's doing better. :woohoo: This vet gave him Valium to soothe his urethra since she felt it's been put through well....

It's really made a huge difference.

Antibotics for seven days and pain killers. He had a slight fever.

She was surprised - but didn't criticize the other vet ;) - that he had neither. Kept asking us if they were sent home with us in case she misunderstood. :rolleyes1 And explained that Frankie was given a 72 pain killer shot. :rolleyes1 And that they don't do that at their practice and sometimes it wears off way early.

She did things to Frankie that no one did - I won't go into it. But thankful and suggesting any constipation might be because he's old and certain positions might be difficult (arthritis) and I would never had known b/c they are stoic.

They phoned right away next morning as they said they would. Another vet at the practice as she was off. He told me what to look for with bad reactions to meds. PHONED US. Insert big sarcastic rage filled smiley. Nice!

So I'm exhaling. And hopeful for him. I could tell by his eyes and let me tell you - he was staring at me. :sad2:

He's sleeping and literally hasn't done that since he came home. He would close his eyes and then get up and get up and get up.

Kat, I ignored the mad at vet "oh no no one needs to be home" and stayed regardless. We had told her we were before we asked about an engagement (we wanted to cancel) we had this weekend and she looked surprised. Whatever part deux.

Your post helped me exhale. Thank you SO much Kat. I'm so sorry Trinity has gone through this so many times.

And to all you mothers - sighing loudly - love to you all - I don't know how you breathe when your little ones are/were really sick - especially at ages where they can't communicate.

I went into the hospital under the age of one for something - and during those ancient years :rotfl2: - mothers were told to leave their children there with the professionals. It wasn't a time that parents stayed with their children. My mom has told me that she went to pick me up well she got a phone call that I had caught something and couldn't be released and she remembers holding my pink jacket and crying (she NEVER cries by the way). I can't imagine how helpless you feel.

Big love to you Erika.

Glad that they got him on antibiotics and pain meds. We had some in a syringe that we put in her mouth, and she was totally high for a while after. Like meowing at herself in the sliding glass door high. They warned us that is normal.

She didn't sleep much either for the first few days. I put lots of blankets and pillows and such in the room that we confined her to.

Her biggest issue by about day 4-5 was the blood on her stitches that she couldn't clean due to the cone of shame. Ah, little miss priss. We would wipe her down with a wet cloth and she would purr.

Also, she is/was in so much less pain within 10 days after the surgery than before it. The first time we had no idea what her issue was and let it get to the point that she was crying in the litter box *before* surgery, as well as blood in the urine, etc. I guess the little buggers are pointy.

Constipation - she hates wet food, so we were giving her tuna water at least once a day to try to get in extra fluids. Just drain the can of tuna and let him drink the water. If that doesn't work, the vet can give you a laxative, or mine told us to use one of the over the counter ones for people. Check with your vet first though as your meds are likely different up there.

Btw, as I was typing this, she got on my lap and is now in her position under the laptop, and gave me a kiss (she just touches her nose to yours) and settled down to sleep. It's so worth it.

I started losing to lose. For praise - on here, at WW meetings, from people who'd run into me. I was the superstar, the example. I never stopped to check in with me and see if I wanted to lose more. I just kept going.
"

First, I wanted to say that I think this is both intelligent and brave to say. And also you are far from alone. Even Oprah - yes our personal friend :rotfl2: - said she realized just a few years ago that her early big weight loss was all about this feeling of "look at me".

And another plus for your journey. I know I can't shut up Liz but I don't know I'm just very excited.

Also, this entire post was written brilliantly. Seemed like a magazine article. Hint. Cough. HINT HINT and let me see HINT.

It reminded me of this article written by Lance Armstrong's first wife. They were in the middle of a conversation and she said she loved something. He said, "What? What are you talking about? You don't love that." And in that moment she became clear - realizing that she was lost - didn't suddenly know herself and she became an extension of him and wondered when the he!! that happened. The brave and intelligent insight and the writing reminded me of it.

And lastly - reading your thoughts - well this is going to sound totally Pollyanna - oh the eff well :rotfl2: - I think I've learned that I often (not always but often ) went the opposite way with mine. And that's not okay either.

I was it's nothing - don't see it - don't see me for so long. AND there are times I go "wow she lost a lot and she kept it off for quite awhile" about some public figure or disboard posting. And it takes me ages - if I remember at all :sad2:- that I've done the same. So lessons all around.

Btw, as I was typing this, she got on my lap and is now in her position under the laptop, and gave me a kiss (she just touches her nose to yours) and settled down to sleep. It's so worth it.

:love:

Sighing to how much help you've been.

Hi Kelly,

Nancy, I am doing OK with WW, the points do rack up fast,

Liz, I think that is great you doing the 3 day! :worship: :worship:

Jo. Hi! :lovestruc

I'm missing your posts.

Liz, I think it's great too. A local friend of mine did this recently and her FB posts about it seem to indicate she enjoyed it (well as much as you enjoy walking 60 miles!).

However, it's a huge commitment from a training perspective.

Trucking along here. I had a 200lb cut and highlights reward planned that might have to get moved to a 205lb reward, as I would really like to have it done before the Princess. My hair is really, really long right now and I'd like to get a few inches knocked off.

Pictures please. Are you one of those where your hair grows like a weed? My sister and niece are like that and I used to be very jealous. Now I appreciate my slacker of a head - it helps with colour.

Good morning!

Just checking in! Weigh in day and then I am off to walk 8 miles. Somehow, 8 doesn't seem that far when I am planning on 60 in October! :lmao: Perspective!

LOVE the new scale! It says I have a loss of 3.8! Woo!

Of course I am like, do I trust it? And N offered two suggestions: 1. Weigh yourself at the gym and see what the medical scale says or 2. Take it and move on, because you are talking a pound or less difference.

Moving on, moving on!

First congratulations on the loss. :yay:

And N's (I have to do that? :goodvibes ;)) door number two sounds good. :thumbsup2 I love men they kill our irrational minds in two seconds flat. ;)
I need one. :rotfl2:

And I'm confused. Are you WW online this time instead?

I would totally take it and move on! :thumbsup2 Especially since my scale and I aren't exactly seeing eye-to-eye today :headache:

I'm heading out for a planned 5 miles. It's a relatively warm morning here -about 32*- so I'll get some "outside" time in today.

HELLO. What the eff are you doing on the scale missy? :lmao: :love:

Pictures please. Are you one of those where your hair grows like a weed? My sister and niece are like that and I used to be very jealous. Now I appreciate my slacker of a head - it helps with colour.

I'll be sure to do before and after.

Yes, I am. When you are 70%+ gray, this is not a good thing. I should touch up every 3-4 weeks (although I am lazy, usually, and let it go to more like 5-6).

My hair is now past the bra strap in the back. For someone who is 5'8", that is definitely long. It's scraggly on the ends, though, and could use a few inches off.

Anytime. My kitties mean an awful lot to me, and if I can help at all, I am glad. :hug:

More than. :love:

Today I forgot to tell the vet Frankie had one cry still - and then I went " wait doesn't matter if I told him - any words he said have no more merit than Kat's - she's LIVED it - means more". :goodvibes

I'll be sure to do before and after.

Yes, I am. When you are 70%+ gray, this is not a good thing. I should touch up every 3-4 weeks (although I am lazy, usually, and let it go to more like 5-6).

My hair is now past the bra strap in the back. For someone who is 5'8", that is definitely long. It's scraggly on the ends, though, and could use a few inches off.

That's right. You told me Kat. I remember - mushy brain I have these days.

Me too. Mine's way too long. And more layered than I had - straggly at times as well.

It just became long - I wasn't actually going after it.

Well that sounded like some kind of drunken sentence. :rotfl2:

Nancy - I came on here to finally type out Jean and my findings (that literally fell in our lap) about our bodies and HR. But now I've rambled so much I'm wiped.

I have all my SAG goodies bought. I swear they better entertain me this time. :3dglasses It's good to exhale. For sure.

More than. :love:

Today I forgot to tell the vet Frankie had one cry still - and then I went " wait doesn't matter if I told him - any words he said have no more merit than Kat's - she's LIVED it - means more". :goodvibes

Oh yes, I definitely have. The first one was awful. Leaving her there for the surgery left me a bawling mess. We worried about every little thing and watched her like crazy and got up to give her meds so she got them exactly on the dosing schedule. We still worry about her a lot - always keeping an eye out for anything a little off.

D is as much in this as me, though - he loves them dearly.

That's right. You told me Kat. I remember - mushy brain I have these days.

Me too. Mine's way too long. And more layered than I had - straggly at times as well.

It just became long - I wasn't actually going after it.

Well that sounded like some kind of drunk sentence. :rotfl2:

Haha! I am drinking a sugar free frozen appletini, but it's my first drink so not drunk.

Mine's too long for the same reason. It just got there - don't get around to getting it cut as often as I should, I guess.

I hardly ever wear it down (maybe 1-2 times a month), and get really surprised at how long it is when I do. It's so humid here and I am frizzy/wavy and just don't want to bother with the hair dryer and flat iron, usually. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter