Team Goddess - Volume 11. Rocking 2012 Goddess Style!

Oh Nancy, you would miss him! Thanks for the legs reminder. It makes me understand that I need to quit complaining.

Made it most of my work day without cheating. I'm not a meal planner either.

The legs reminder is a good one! I complain far too much about pain, Dallas & I were talking about what motivates us the other day when we ran together and he said that other people motivate him, that if they can overcome and do it, he can push himself to do more and go farther...then I ran stunned for a few minutes that my 16 year old son was so insightful. :lovestruc

Lisa, your kitties are adorable!!! I always used to think I was a dog person(I mean, I'm a petsitter after all!) but in recent years I've really become just as attached to my cats. :love:

Hi Kim! Welcome back! I've only been around about a year, so it's nice to "meet" you! :goodvibes

Hi Kim!!! Good to see you back. :goodvibes

Oh Lisa, I couldn't feel you more on the kitty. My almost-11-year-old has had three bladder stone surgeries so far and a removed fecal impaction. I generally joke that I should just sign one month's pay over to the vet every year and be done with it. That and if you scratched her hard enough, there would be gold underneath. I love love love her, but it's so hard sometimes. Of course, then I go into tears even thinking about losing her, too.

So so sorry you won't be with us. :(

Nancy, next year you will just train to walk in the back with us. Walking. 15-16mm. Period. :laughing:

Unfortunately, though, I may not get to make the Princess this year. FIL is not doing well at all, and we expect to get the end-is-near call any time in the next weeks, months at the most. At least Southwest will give me credit back for my tickets.

:hug:Kat

Well, I made it through diet day 1. I'm grouchy and I want a Nutty Bar. :laughing:

I have a plan for day 2 though.

Hi Kim. I just missed you! Welcome back.

Kat - +1 :grouphug:

Lisa - We recently had Flick treated for hyperthyroidism. Yeah, that's a couple house payments. Worst part is while radioactive he was confined at the vet's. Isolation. He howled! They were glad to see him go. Cuddle your little guy.

Nancy - you should write personal ads.

Ronda

For Lisa :goodvibes

goofyfan-12 - aka Paula. I am a fan of Goofy and have been since I was a kid. Getting a picture with him at WDW is a must do for me.

Height: 5'-3" sigh...
Weight: 270. really sighing...
Personal Stats: Comng off of a crazy six months at work where we did the equivalent of 14 - 16 months of work in six. I am a construction project manager. Now I am just trying to ease back into normalcy.
Live in: Upstate, NY near Albany
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom!
But I am a sucker for: Toy Story Mania baby
Passions: cycling, knitting, baking (100 doz cookies every Christmas get baked)
Important to know: I may not win the race, but I will do my best to finish. I am slow and am ok with that. I really stink at managing stress. I took to eating my way through it this last six months and well...
Weight loss plan and goals: Following Jenny Craig (or Jenny as it is now called). Lost 80 pounds, gained back 50 and now working to get back to the 80 pounds lost so I can move on to the 100 pounds lost mark.

Where to start?

Lisa - sending you hugs for your kitty cat. I know how hard this can be. Hang in there.

Kat - you too. Hugs are on the way for peace.

Hi to all of the old friends and the new ones. I feel a bit like both given that I haven't been here much in the past year. My workaholic nature took over and the results have not been all good. I am trying to find some balance in my life again and I am going to need all the help I can get.

Karen - I feel your pain on the PF. My heels are killing me at the moment. Lots of rolling on a ball, new shoes and stretching. It is getting better but still not where I want it to be. Have fun on your trip and safe travels.

Rhi - welcome to the group. These are an amazing bunch of ladies.

He's home for now. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were beyond blessed and lucky. They said no - he hasn't peed. And it was at closing. We came just to check again. Just got involved in the ins and outs of decisions with a vet - got talking and someone came flying out and said -

He peed!!!!!!!!!! And that meant home for the night.

So one last test result - procedures done for now - and should know more tomorrow - and possible surgery but he's home.

Thank you everyone. And Kat and Ronda - we all know it's not about money but I can tell you - with an open heart - that it DID help to vent and share around it all. Truly. Thank you.

Kat, both issues for him that you mentioned with your lovely - both - he's 13 and before today had been blessed with great health.

Where to start?

Lisa - sending you hugs for your kitty cat. I know how hard this can be. Hang in there.

Kat - you too. Hugs are on the way for peace.

Hi to all of the old friends and the new ones. I feel a bit like both given that I haven't been here much in the past year. My workaholic nature took over and the results have not been all good. I am trying to find some balance in my life again and I am going to need all the help I can get.

Karen - I feel your pain on the PF. My heels are killing me at the moment. Lots of rolling on a ball, new shoes and stretching. It is getting better but still not where I want it to be. Have fun on your trip and safe travels.

Rhi - welcome to the group. These are an amazing bunch of ladies.

So happy to see you here again. :love: And I was getting my begging all prepared.

Everyone - lots to comment on but wiped. Love to all.

For Lisa :goodvibes

goofyfan-12 - aka Paula. I am a fan of Goofy and have been since I was a kid. Getting a picture with him at WDW is a must do for me.

Height: 5'-3" sigh...
Weight: 270. really sighing...
Personal Stats: Comng off of a crazy six months at work where we did the equivalent of 14 - 16 months of work in six. I am a construction project manager. Now I am just trying to ease back into normalcy.
Live in: Upstate, NY near Albany
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom!
But I am a sucker for: Toy Story Mania baby
Passions: cycling, knitting, baking (100 doz cookies every Christmas get baked)
Important to know: I may not win the race, but I will do my best to finish. I am slow and am ok with that. I really stink at managing stress. I took to eating my way through it this last six months and well...
Weight loss plan and goals: Following Jenny Craig (or Jenny as it is now called). Lost 80 pounds, gained back 50 and now working to get back to the 80 pounds lost so I can move on to the 100 pounds lost mark.
'

OMG, I totally missed this Paula. SO THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lovestruc

Huge smile came across my face.

Paula- :hug: glad you are trying to find some balance, it's hard! My PF is worse today after running, not sure if I should stop running for a bit or just push through the pain? :confused3 I was icing last night, that helped while sitting there, but walking...not so much.

Lisa! I'm so glad he's home! So, being the nosy petsitter that I am, will you tell me his symptoms? Urinary/bladder issue with no peeing? I'm sure they have tried special food and stuff, do you give him bottled water or tap? I had to get my kitties a fountain, it was the only way to get them to drink enough water. They love it though! I have no idea what your kitties issues are though, I'm no vet, I just like to play one. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry you won't be making it to The Princess Kat. :hug:

Paula- :hug: glad you are trying to find some balance, it's hard! My PF is worse today after running, not sure if I should stop running for a bit or just push through the pain? :confused3 I was icing last night, that helped while sitting there, but walking...not so much.

Lisa! I'm so glad he's home! So, being the nosy petsitter that I am, will you tell me his symptoms? Urinary/bladder issue with no peeing? I'm sure they have tried special food and stuff, do you give him bottled water or tap? I had to get my kitties a fountain, it was the only way to get them to drink enough water. They love it though! I have no idea what your kitties issues are though, I'm no vet, I just like to play one. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry you won't be making it to The Princess Kat. :hug:

It's not for sure either way yet Karen - just the distinct possibility that the call we don't want to take will happen just before I am ready to leave. Or worse, during. He could rally again, too. We've been here with him before, and he has come back, but with stage IV congestive heart failure, eventually there will be no coming back. His symptoms are pretty bad this time, but who knows.

Kitty - Trinity has had bladder stones 3 times, and had them removed 3 times. She also has a kidney stone that they cannot remove, and occasionally has UTIs that put her into kidney failure, but a week or two of fluids and she has rebounded. The fecal impaction has happened 3 times as well. The first time we took her to the vet, and the other two, we have handled ourselves (she is a good kitty).

We have her on special food (and have since the first surgery), and we use DISTILLED water in her pet fountain as well as the carbon filter, etc. The vet was very specific about distilled as it will contain no impurities at all.

Of course, my other cat just drinks from the toilet! :laughing: Usually with one paw in it...

Kat said:
Of course, my other cat just drinks from the toilet! Usually with one paw in it...

Mine, too. He leaves wet pawprints on the seat. No one else to blame ; )

Ronda

Checking in for day 2. I'm better prepared today, so I'm not ready to hurt anyone. :) Breakfast was 3coffee cups of coffee and an oatmeal with splenda.

Rhianna, did you decide on the Princess?

Man, work has been busy this week-- just as I get to my desk I think I have time for stuff and I'm back in the lab. Sigh. I have about a hundred emails to get back to as well. I've popped on in small spurts, but haven't had time to catch up.

I was able to find someone to split a room with, but then had things decided for me as far as whether I'd be running/walking. Sadly, I will not be participating. I'm still on the fence about driving up there to be a spectator.

Long story short, what I thought was dehydration on marathon weekend was actually a combination of dehydration and a potential heart problem. My symptoms still aren't gone almost two weeks after running the race, and sometimes it borders on the comical (being completely disoriented out of nowhere, not knowing what I was doing and walking away from cooking dinner to go upstairs and take a shower). The doc says if it turns out to be atrial fibirllation and not just some weird one-time coincidence, it could either regulate itself or I'll have to be on meds/possibly surgery. I'm in the process of scheduling appointments and such to try and narrow this down.

I think the hardest part of all this is that I have to remain stress-free. I can't exercise. I have to limit beer intake. I have to watch out for tingling in my limbs and garbled speech. I've never experienced this before so I'm confident that whatever it is, it's been caught early and I'll be able to fix the problem. It's just disappointing that my life is put on hold-- even if it's for a good reason and only for a few months.

If I can get someone to drive up with me from WPB, I'll likely go as a spectator. If not, I think the 2-hr drive might be a bit more than I would want to do alone. You know, just in case I think it's a good time to stop and take a shower or something. :)

Nancy - you should write personal ads.

:laughing: I'm sure I'd get no takers ;)

My PF is worse today after running, not sure if I should stop running for a bit or just push through the pain? :confused3 I was icing last night, that helped while sitting there, but walking...not so much.

I know you have been making good progress with your running Karen, but STOP IT! Really. Stretch, advil, get rid of that inflammation. Running is only going to aggrevate it, and darn it sister you have a trip to Disney in a week!!!

Of course, my other cat just drinks from the toilet! :laughing: Usually with one paw in it...

:laughing: All 3 of mine do that. Drives Stephen nuts!

Mine, too. He leaves wet pawprints on the seat. No one else to blame ; )

and muddy! :headache:

Long story short, what I thought was dehydration on marathon weekend was actually a combination of dehydration and a potential heart problem. My symptoms still aren't gone almost two weeks after running the race, and sometimes it borders on the comical (being completely disoriented out of nowhere, not knowing what I was doing and walking away from cooking dinner to go upstairs and take a shower). The doc says if it turns out to be atrial fibirllation and not just some weird one-time coincidence, it could either regulate itself or I'll have to be on meds/possibly surgery.

:hug: I'm sorry that you won't be able to make it to the Princess!

I also wanted to say, that my father has a-fib. If that's what it turns out to be, I'll gladly share his story with you if you want. Just know that there are a number of "types", and different treatment options depending upon your particular case. :flower3:

Today is Thursday. Which means weigh in day for me. And the results are:

down .8

Yes, thats ZERO point eight. <sigh> Just under a pound. The scale is ever so slowly inching downward. I don't WANT "inching". :headache: I want FREEFALL :upsidedow

I know, I know, Lisa. I know. :lovestruc

Oh. and I made brownies tonight. Yummy, chocolatey deliciousness in a pan. :cloud9: Yep. That's why I'm hiding in the other room :laughing: Honestly, my ears hear the calling of chocolate from miles away.:listen: I think I need to get me one of those wristbands with "WWEE" on it. You know - "what would Erin Eat" :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Oh did I mention that she's pregnant? Erin I mean. Great. The little fireball is multiplying :eek::rotfl2: Ah well, it will only be a couple of months before I can out-run her :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter