Team Goddess - Volume 11. Rocking 2012 Goddess Style!

Lisa. GG are on. Are you watching? popcorn::

:laughing: of course you are!

Kelly - pizza last night. I thought of you as I tracked. My final tally was not quite record breaking, but ohmygoodness did I rack up some points yesterday :eek:

Lisa - I don't know if this is exactly the same one that she has, but this is what it looks like:

http://www.amazon.com/Omron-Fat-Loss-Monitor/dp/B004W5P69Y

LOVE your GG party plans! I adore Ricky Gervais! I won't get to see the whole show as tomorrow night we are going to be at the theatre. We're seeing Memphis.

We're leaving in just a few minutes to go ice skating. :eek: Yeah. Just a *tad* scary! And C-O-L-D! ohmygoodness it's cold out. I guess that's to be expected being that it's winter and all :laughing: And, it's an outdoor rink. yikes. Dinner with friends afterward, so that will be fun - but FAST! I have to get home to watch my Patriots whomp the Te-bow outta Denver :thumbsup2

oh - how was the b-ball game?

Okay, LOVED being back at the Air Canada Centre - felt very blessed. And walked both ways - ended up to be 45 minute each way. BUT game was a snorefest. :rotfl2: Indiana and Toronto - SNOREFEST. Sorry Amiee. :goodvibes

Pacers won. BOO!

Oh and the walk there I took off my hat and mitts. On the way back - BEYOND FREEZING. So strange.

I want to hear about Memphis - how was it? How was your night?

HI All, Remember me, Holy Cow 6 pages in.

First you all know I can't get on DIS at work. So that leaves the night time and weekends.

Today was very busy will a visit with a good friend., We had a blast, got to say good bye twice, due to a misplaced hand bag. :rotfl2:

WELCOME RHI:welcome: Sorry about your DNF.

Karen, I need to talk to you about autograph books,
You know how to make them? We are going in Sept as a family, I was going to bring the girls back books when I come back from the princess. But I would love to make them instead, I just dont know how.

HI Jo!!! :goodvibes

Lisa, TOTALLY get it was a compliment. I get it a lot, it's the height. I am so glad I'm tall, it helps me carry a heavier weight, but I've been this way since I was a kid, so maybe I really DO have heavy bones? :laughing: At my lowest weight (as an adult) of 180, I was totally "normal" size, I could wear a medium and felt great, so I just have a higher weight on the scale...wish that would make me feel better, but usually the number gets to me anyway! Ooops, ramble for Lisa! ;)

]

Karen I spent YEARS on here complaining about my body type. YEARS. :lmao: And now I'm okay. You here would have helped. :rotfl2:

Here is me at 215-220??????

101_0992-2.jpg

101_0487-1.jpg

YOU HERE WOULD HAVE SPED UP THE PROCESS. :rotfl2: Amy is like this as well but she's much smaller boned than me. But she really was a godsend for me getting over it all.

Lisa - I loving your GG spread. PB M&Ms and wasabi peas!

Jo - is it blocked, or just a good idea? I use the DIScreet setting (lower left in the window). Just a thought.

Nancy - Ice skating sounds like fun. I'd generate heat trying to stay standing. Played pond hockey as a kid. I wanted skates and got figure skates for Christmas. Very pointy. Not good. Your Pats are bringing it.

Karen - good job on the run!

I'm sitting with Gus in a recliner at DGF's mother's home. We got in late last night. I am getting over a cold and was banned (by DGF) from spending too much time with her mom. I showed her the Mickey medal and race shirt and left. She's doing pretty well, but needs some time and encouragement to build her strength. Gus, her dachshund, is a great carrot.

I did some little house things... new flapper in the toilet, new closer on the storm door. We reconnected for lunch. I went to visit my folks. It was a tech afternoon with them. New print cartridges, more iPod Touch classes and changed iTunes from my Apple ID to hers. She also wanted Google Earth on her laptop.

Laughing right now... watching football and saw the WW for Men ad. "Seriously, when you need to buy new underwear, you've lost some weight. "

With that, I'm done.

Ronda

Ronda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm on CHROME. :love: And not only is my multi-quote working - it has upped the speed of my internet and we only have a lowly one. THANK YOU to you and Kat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, happy to hear about Sue's mom - forgot to say that awhile back.

Lisa. GG are on. Are you watching? popcorn::

:laughing: of course you are!

Kelly - pizza last night. I thought of you as I tracked. My final tally was not quite record breaking, but ohmygoodness did I rack up some points yesterday :eek:

GG was a snorefest in my opinion. Hopefully, the SAG awards is better.

KAT!!! RONDA!!! I'm so thankful. Chrome is wonderful. It's made such a difference and it's only been an hour. :rotfl2: Thank you. :flower3:

Lisa said:
KAT!!! RONDA!!! I'm so thankful. Chrome is wonderful. It's made such a difference and it's only been an hour. Thank you.

Look out people. She's back!

Ronda

I want to hear about Memphis - how was it? How was your night?

Mephis was AWESOME! Amazing show. Fabulous message. And of course, so, so appropriate as we celebrate Martin Luther King's b-day today. Really - there is NO room in my life for any kind of hate. Or intolerance. Or ignorance.

And the red coat! I LOVE THE RED COAT! I was thinking about that photo just the other day! I love, love, love that picture. :love:

Look out people. She's back!

Ronda

:lmao: :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm still tracking, still training, still struggling with my water :rolleyes1 Why is it, that I can hit the gym h.a.r.d., kick butt in my workouts, eat right, avoid alcohol, but I find it so difficult to drink water? Really - I'm 100% sure it's my last key here, and if I would just DRINK IT every day I'd see some real results!

Really. I don't get me :sad2:

Oh. And it's snowing. Becca (who has her drivers permit. Have I mentioned that at all? :confused3) anyway - Becca got her first taste of driving in the snow tonight. :eek:<----that was me ;)

Lisa! It's like you're my sister from another mister! I could have used you a few times, I've never really met anyone with my body type! I love the red coat btw! :lovestruc

Day days until Disney and I'm freakin' out! Money is super tight and I had to fix yet another something on the Durango wo we can make it there. The next 10 days better be easy going now b/c if anything else happens, I may not have the gas money to GET to Disney! :eek:

Nancy, I HAVE to add lemon juice to my water, then I'm good and drink tons of it, but plain water is...well, plain. :p

Oh, oh, just weighed and I'm down 2! I'll lose a bunch just to gain it right back at WDW. Makes total sense. ;)

Oh and another thing! (can you tell this is a quiet day for me with nothing on the calendar?!!?) ;)

I have Plantar Fasciitis, or a mild case of it. Right now you are saying to yourself..."is there anything NOT wrong with Karen?" BUT, this may sound crazy, I'm actually glad! Well, not glad that I'm having heel pain, but it was REALLY nice to actually start searching for a reason for pain and find the answer! MUCH better than trying to find out what is causing pain and not finding anything or any way to fix it. So, it was really nice to see that other people have had this pain and find stretches and shoe recommendations to help! My shoes are about ready to be replaced, so after the trip I'll get some new ones that help support my arch better. I am thinking of doing some yoga on off days, haven't done it in a couple years...but thought that yoga and running weren't a great mix. Any opinions on that? :confused3

HA! Beat THAT ramble Lisa...I know you can, C'mon, don't make me talk to myself like a fool here. ;)

Yoga and running are a great mix. Coming from the avowed non-hippie over here, too.

I also very much appreciate that you used "really nice" instead of "real nice". :love:

I need to stop weighing every day (Hi Lisa!) but I am down almost 12 lbs since Jan 4th. Gotta love the getting rid of water weight effect!

My leg is a lot better and I am hoping to start walking again sometime late this week.

Yoga and running are a great mix. Coming from the avowed non-hippie over here, too.

I also very much appreciate that you used "really nice" instead of "real nice". :love:

I need to stop weighing every day (Hi Lisa!) but I am down almost 12 lbs since Jan 4th. Gotta love the getting rid of water weight effect!

My leg is a lot better and I am hoping to start walking again sometime late this week.

Yay for the leg getting better! :goodvibes AND, congrats on the 12 pounds! Wow! Who cares WHAT kind of weight it is, it's poundage and I'm sure not all water! :thumbsup2

oh and I went to look up how to pronounce Plantar Fasciitis and when I told my son he laughed and laughed, saying he could make up words too. It does sound pretty funny when you say it out loud. :p

I'm clearly procrastinating this morning. I don't want to clean! :ssst:

Oh and another thing! (can you tell this is a quiet day for me with nothing on the calendar?!!?) ;)

I have Plantar Fasciitis, or a mild case of it. Right now you are saying to yourself..."is there anything NOT wrong with Karen?" BUT, this may sound crazy, I'm actually glad! Well, not glad that I'm having heel pain, but it was REALLY nice to actually start searching for a reason for pain and find the answer! MUCH better than trying to find out what is causing pain and not finding anything or any way to fix it. So, it was really nice to see that other people have had this pain and find stretches and shoe recommendations to help! My shoes are about ready to be replaced, so after the trip I'll get some new ones that help support my arch better. I am thinking of doing some yoga on off days, haven't done it in a couple years...but thought that yoga and running weren't a great mix. Any opinions on that? :confused3

HA! Beat THAT ramble Lisa...I know you can, C'mon, don't make me talk to myself like a fool here. ;)

My boyfriend has plantar fasciitis, and he was told two things that could help him out- those silly looking Strassburg socks (which he said no to, based on cost-- but I don't think he wanted me making fun of him) and using a foam roller. He'll roll his leg muscles and when he's sitting down watching TV or playing video games, he'll put it under his foot and roll the bottom of his feet. He says the foam roller has really helped over the few months he's been doing it.

I swear by a combination of Biofreeze (the original, not the new stuff you get at expos) and foam rollers for just about anything.... it's seriously my duct tape. But that might be why all these other random things are popping up.

I'm starting over new. I'm going back to my higher protein and lower bad carb diet (just the bad ones, keeping the good ones). I'm sick of feeling dizzy and like I'm living outside of my body. That's what my insulin issues do to me. I hate it and I am angry at myself for getting back into my old habits. I went so long without having issues and now, it's almost daily. Turning over a new leaf, don't even care what the scale says. I just want to have energy again.

Waahoo! I've gotten reservations for the Wishes Dessert party for my upcoming spring break trip! My brother and I are again taking his two kids, 10 and 8 to WDW over spring break. I did the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert party last weekend and was sold! Reservations for March finally opened up today!

Not having to defend a seat is going to be fantastic!

Ronda

EE - go with what makes you feel good. Knowing what IT is gives you a huge advantage.

Ronda

oh and I went to look up how to pronounce Plantar Fasciitis and when I told my son he laughed and laughed, saying he could make up words too. It does sound pretty funny when you say it out loud.

Oh Karen. I had P.F. before and I wouldn't wish that on anyone! Painful only begins to describe it. Here are some things that I had to do as part of my therapy.

Foam rollers are great, but you can also roll your foot on a tennis ball or, even better, a frozen water bottle.

Put a small towel (like a hand towel or a dish towel size) on the floor and using your toes "scrunch" the towel in toward you.

Take advil to reduce the inflammation.

Before you get out of bed in the morning, take a few moments to wiggle all your toes, roll your ankle and just generally get a decent stretch going on before you stand up.

Shoes. Probably the most important! Good shoes are a must. Insoles help a ton! I didn't end up with custom orthodics which can be super pricey. I use some by New Balance.

Also - with shoes. Avoid flip-flops, clogs, etc - anything that doesn't have a back to it. Whether you realize it or not, your toes are "gripping" putting more stress on your ligaments.

I'm starting over new. I'm going back to my higher protein and lower bad carb diet (just the bad ones, keeping the good ones). I'm sick of feeling dizzy and like I'm living outside of my body. That's what my insulin issues do to me. I hate it and I am angry at myself for getting back into my old habits. I went so long without having issues and now, it's almost daily. Turning over a new leaf, don't even care what the scale says. I just want to have energy again.

:hug: I want you to feel better too, EE!

Waahoo! I've gotten reservations for the Wishes Dessert party for my upcoming spring break trip! My brother and I are again taking his two kids, 10 and 8 to WDW over spring break. I did the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert party last weekend and was sold! Reservations for March finally opened up today!

Not having to defend a seat is going to be fantastic!

Ronda

Awesome Ronda! :yay: That's so exciting!

Wait. When in March are you going to be there?:confused3

Thanks Nancy! I have been doing some exercises, and stretched before getting out of bed, but still hobbling around. It's actually WORSE when I'm inactive? I guess b/c the ligaments are tightening up? Anyway, I don't feel it much when running, although I can feel my calves are tight, which is strange and new, maybe I need new shoes or something? Not sure what has changed to bring on the PF, but I have run outside more than normal (used to only train on the TM)? Maybe that is changing how I'm running and causing it. :confused3

OMG, 9 days until Disney! I don't even know what to do with myself! :laughing:

Karen - good luck with the PF. Does it bother you when walking? They say the worst is when your feet first hit the floor in the morning. Keep moving. Are you going to do a live TR?!!?

Nancy - we'll be there 3/18-24. Is Becca tripping then? I'm also planning to book the Beachcomber Shack at Typhoon Lagoon. Shade for Aunt Ronda makes the day last longer. I slipped up last year. We didn't get the water parks and more with their hoppers. WHAT A DEAL! They loved TL and BB will be open this year, too. DNephew was so bummed about BB being closed for refurb last year. Bro and I may play golf, too. Surely they'll rent clubs?

Ronda

Ronda, yes, it hurts walking and lots in the morning. The more I keep moving, the better it is! I ran 3 miles on the TM this morning and I was a little sore, but WAY more sore after sitting in the car on the way home, not moving. So I guess I could just keep moving indefinitely! :laughing:

I will most likely do FB updates and pics throughout the trip, but the BIG TR will come when I get back! There's just not enough time for me to ramble on about the trip during the trip! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter