Team Focker Watch: Lucky Number 13!

Hello Ladies!

How is everyone? Apparently I left the DIS tab open too long without actually getting to it, and it signed me out and I had no chance to quote. So.... hope everyone's doing well.

Now much news here, just having a blast with our new kitties. They are actually running around like crazies right now, and I'm hoping they get it out of their system before I actually get to bed.

I'm pretty sure as a Christmas gift we will be getting some plane tickets to New Orleans for a long weekend. I can't wait! Anyone been? Any tips, tricks??

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Hello Ladies!

How is everyone? Apparently I left the DIS tab open too long without actually getting to it, and it signed me out and I had no chance to quote. So.... hope everyone's doing well.

Now much news here, just having a blast with our new kitties. They are actually running around like crazies right now, and I'm hoping they get it out of their system before I actually get to bed.

I'm pretty sure as a Christmas gift we will be getting some plane tickets to New Orleans for a long weekend. I can't wait! Anyone been? Any tips, tricks??

Hi Kat I haven't been to New Orleans in years and to be honest after Katrina not sure what is left!! I know Bourbob Street was VERY interesting and the French Quarters , also the River walk !!I LOVED the Trolley ride to see all the Mansions !!But I honestly have no idea what is still there !!

Sad News the girls did not place in the Competition and were very sad!!:sad2:

Off to work in a few !!Chat tonite !!

Sorry I'm not quoting but hi to everyone :wave2:

Kat one of my panel friends lives in NO so let me know if you want any tips from her :goodvibes

So is anyone applying on Monday?????

It's my semi-final (pronounced semi to rhyme with Demi (Moore) not sem i ;) :rotfl:) tomorrow and I'm getting all nervous and silly. There were originally 64 entrants from all round the county/state so getting to the last 4 pairs is pretty good, yes my head is growing :rotfl2: Anyway my partner has got us winning the whole thing she's so positive I need it to rub off on me! Thing is if we do win tomorrow the final is scheduled for when we're on holiday in a few weeks time and the girls will hate me :eek:

Afternoon everyone. TGIF!!!

Kyle will NOT need surgery.

THat's great news!

Taz said:
I forgot to tell you all my DIL took him to school on the first day. It was a really good thing that she did. They put my 6 y/o special ed 1st grade DGS in a regular ed THIRD grade class. :scared1: She was astonished when they tried to tell her his IEP said he belongs there. Thankfully she got it all straightened out. Kyle of course said that it was OK. He wanted to stay in 3rd grade.

This was all from the spring fair and we'd distributed some books - with that kind of money, we thought we'd stock the new preschool room, and the Title I always feel left out as we usually give to the classrooms only. :rolleyes1

Our fall fair is 11/15-11/19, a week later than usual. :thumbsup2

That's great:goodvibes

popcorn:: So how'd it go??

Not horribly. She terribly embarrassed. She is now on Involuntary Leave of Absemce. If she is found NOT guilty or the charges are dropped she can request to be reinstated,

Yeah, that's like, what? A foot taller than you?

:rotfl:

Hello Ladies!

Hi stranger!

I was thinking about it:confused3

Thing is if we do win tomorrow the final is scheduled for when we're on holiday in a few weeks time and the girls will hate me :eek:

Where are you going?

+++++++++++++++++++++

Happy Saturday everyone. We had a lovely day today. We went to Citizen's Bank Park. They had the Phillie Phanatic Photo walk. Remember the Phanatic statues of Jimmy I posted a while back? Weel, they had all 20 of them on display at the ballpark and you could go in and take pics with them, so we went to get the last 6 he needed. They also had face painting and balloon animals for the kids and the real Phanatic was there too. The best part was they had the 2008 World Series Trophy and the 2009 NL Championship Trophy out so you could get your picture with those too. Hey Angela, I will post a picture of the NL Championship Trophy for you...just so you know what it looks like;):laughing:

After that we went to a place called Chickies's and Pete's for a late lunch/early dinner. It is a sports bar and the food is really good. Got home a little while ago and now we are watching the end of the Phillies game and JImmy is playing on the computer.

Hey, speaking of Jimmy on the computer. does anyone's kids play CLub Penquin?

Hope you are all having a great day. Soccer for us starts tomorrow and then it will be home, laundry, grocery shopping, and getting everything ready for the school/work week. Jimmy starts the Before/After care program this week so we will be leaving a bit earlier than we did last week.

Have a great night everyone:goodvibes

Well I am home at areasonable time tonight !! Not a bad day !!I actually went thru all my mail and did a little filing ( very little:rotfl2:) Broke up a couple of potential fights, got beaten by my sweetie :lmao: just a normal day !!!!!:rotfl2:I have my usual Sunday plans !!!Bargain shopping then work !!!I think ( can be a dangerous act:lmao:) I am totally OFF on Monday unless I forgot to write something down !!!
Ya'll have a Great weekend !!! Hopefully will chat tomorrow !!!

Janet, my kids do Club Penguin, but only the free service. They wanted to do the paid subscription over the summer, but I reminded them that they don't get on the computer much once school gets going, so I got out of it. :thumbsup2

I thought I quoted, but I guess not. :confused:

Jo, good luck with your comp!

Rosie, glad you had a good day!

D just got home, and I'm watching the tennis. :thumbsup2 Oh, and there's wine. :teeth:

Sorry I'm not quoting but hi to everyone :wave2:

Kat one of my panel friends lives in NO so let me know if you want any tips from her :goodvibes

I would love some tips! Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I get to plan a trip to WDW....for some friends. It's not us but it'll do. They know nothing and will probably let me do everything for them. They have a 5 and a 2 year old. I'm excited to plan it for them! Hopefully we will have a planning session this week, as they want to leave in about 2 months!

Tomorrow is the True Blood season finale and we are headed our friend's house for that. Having a visit from Pants on Monday, headed to Costco with friends on Tues and having a date day Wed! It's gonna be a busy week!

Thursday looks like a great day for tea, just sayin:rolleyes1 I see Mel's name alot, but what about K? You ditching him for the weekend:confused3
LOL, she's obsessed with me. :lmao:

Mel and Dawn - :lmao: You know all plans will be ditched upon arrival anyway, right? It's the Great Focker way! :rolleyes:
No kidding! :lmao:

V said:
Mel, how was the hiking in Bryce? Because when I say "hike" in reference to what Gramma, Leo and I might be doing, what I really mean is "stroll leisurely until someone whines that their knees/hips/legs hurt, whereupon we shall sit and eat snacks." :rotfl:
When I first read this, I panicked a little and thought, "Oh, we'd don't HIKE, hike..."
Then I saw we have the same defintion! :thumbsup2

This is what I noticed. They have a welcome center as you drive in from town (which, incidently was really nice and had some very sweet shops to browse). They gave us a map of the park, and the trails were marked with distance and difficulty, along with the type of path (paved, dirt, loose gravel). I think that might be the most important part to pay attention to. The type of terrain matters, when you are coming down a smallish incline and you hit pebbles, it's a bit like being on bb's. :scared1:
Having said that, we just went up the paths to a comfortable distance, then returned down again. I had just had spinal surgery about 5 months prior to the trip, so you know I wasn't moving too fast. It's a gorgeous park, and you'll definitely enjoy it even if you don't do hardcore hiking. My boys would have gladly done much more hiking if we'd had time and ability. The drive out from Vegas is a good one, but that road is HARROWING! You are driving through switch backs and in between huge rock walls. Pretty but stressful driving, with the semi's bearing down on you. Where are you staying in Vegas? We visit about twice a year, though not this year, and we love Mandalay Bay. They have the best pool on the strip (IMHO) which is imperative if you're visiting during summer. Monte Carlo has just recently re-done their pool and now looks to be a fierce contender with Mandalay for best pool. Their prices are a bit better, too. Please feel free to ask any questions about activities with kids. We love to bring the boys with us! :)

See, I'm bored. I COULD clean house, but...
Never that bored......lol

Hi Holy crap, that's cold! :eek:

Our high tomorrow is 64. I'm actually a little glad. The summer was too hot. Maybe not for CA peeps....:rotfl:

This could be Beth Ann---I'll just change the name! Except she's grown out of her cheer uniform and has to be re-fitted. My baby is almost 5 foot 2! All of a sudden! That's like ....super tall for my family!
My baby is 5 foot 2 also! He's just gotten new jeans at Gap. NOT Gap kids. So sad....

TE said:
Good day at the nursing home today! We get to dress in Va Tech wear and jeans every Friday and we had a yard sale/cook out for relay for life. Nana is doing really well---she's gained 15 pounds and looks much better. Her mind is still slipping but physically she's doing better. I've got so close to her---scares me that she'll be 92 next week. 9-19-19 neat birthday, huh?

I'm glad you had a good day and that Nana's doing well. My Nan is hanging right in there, though really sleepy a lot, I guess - not a bad thing, as she's not hurting. :thumbsup2

So glad to hear that, about both Nana's. :hug:

:headache:...well, yeah....pretty much! The annoying thing is she likes to stand near me and say "wow--you're short!" :rolleyes:
Yeah. SD is 6 foot 4 inches tall. I get the "short mama" alot.....

You too.

Sad News the girls did not place in the Competition and were very sad !!
Sorry for the girls, Rosie.

Not bloody likely.

JO said:
It's my semi-final (pronounced semi to rhyme with Demi (Moore) not sem i ;) :rotfl:) tomorrow and I'm getting all nervous and silly. There were originally 64 entrants from all round the county/state so getting to the last 4 pairs is pretty good, yes my head is growing :rotfl2: Anyway my partner has got us winning the whole thing she's so positive I need it to rub off on me! Thing is if we do win tomorrow the final is scheduled for when we're on holiday in a few weeks time and the girls will hate me :eek:
Eh, they'll be upset temporarily, but they'll be proud of you!!!

Have a great night everyone:goodvibes
You too, Janet. Hope the weekend is going well.

D just got home, and I'm watching the tennis. :thumbsup2 Oh, and there's wine. :teeth:

This sounds eerily like MY weekend, lol. Including the wine. ;)

Hello everyone!
Off to walk while Gus and NotBob bike. SD is NOT happy that I'm making him walk 3 miles on his day off tennis. He'll get over it though.
Making enchiladas for dinner tonight. YUM!!!

NotBob leaves Tues for Chicago. I am actually sort of looking forward to the peace and quiet. The beginning of the school year is always nuts and he's just not that "aware" of what I've been doing, the kids have been doing, all that it takes to get everyone where they need to be with WHAT they need to have. I need a break!

It's sunny and 62 degrees out. So nice!!!

Have a great Sunday girls. Talk to you soon!
Mel:banana:

Where are you going?
Center Parcs which is a big activity type place with a large indoor pool with slides etc :thumbsup2

I am totally OFF on Monday unless I forgot to write something down !!!
:rotfl2:

Jo, good luck with your comp!

I would love some tips! Thanks!
She's on her way home from WDW at the moment but remind me in a few days and I'll contact her :thumbsup2

I know most of you have seen but we won today so are now in the finals :yay: I did pretty good, managed to stay quite calm and not let the nerves get to me :thumbsup2 But there is major trouble in my household. First because we won we'll have to come home from holiday (we're going away for 4 days to Center Parcs as the girls have 2 days off school) so I can play the final. And secondly Emma has asked me to go to NYC (she's paying for flights) in December to babysit so Jess has been crying because she wants to go!!! Anyway anyone up for a meet early December? :yay:

Jo I checked and I am off Monday!!:banana::banana::banana:

I am pleased to announce that there are still HONEST people in this world :cloud9:Today somewhere between Dollar Tree and RiteAid I lost my bank card !!:scared1:Hunted High and Low and went back to Dollar Tree !So I quickly headed to my bank that is at the supermarket and was just opening !!The Teller was Just about to cancel my card WHEN .... the other teller came up and saie someone had sli[[ed a card under the door AND guess who's card it was !!!:banana::banana: Can you believe it !!!!!

So tomorrow with my day off I am cooking a Turkey Breast and all the fixings !!Real Food says Judy:lmao::lmao: I'll pick up the fixings tomorrow !!!!
Have a great day Chat later ..like after midnight !!!!

Janet, my kids do Club Penguin, but only the free service. They wanted to do the paid subscription over the summer, but I reminded them that they don't get on the computer much once school gets going, so I got out of it. :thumbsup2

Jimmy asked touse some of his birthday money to do the paid script. We let him do a 6 months, to see if he sticks with it. I will email you his Penguins name so the kids can "look: for each other!

Hello everyone!
Off to walk while Gus and NotBob bike. SD is NOT happy that I'm making him walk 3 miles on his day off tennis. He'll get over it though.

Have a great day!

Center Parcs which is a big activity type place with a large indoor pool with slides etc

Sounds like fun!

And secondly Emma has asked me to go to NYC (she's paying for flights) in December to babysit so Jess has been crying because she wants to go!!! Anyway anyone up for a meet early December? :yay:

Me! Me! Me!:cool1: We wereplanning on trying to come up for a day trip to see the CHristmas decorations and stuff. Ww will just pmove it up a week or 2;) Email or PM me your dates and I will see what I can work out:banana:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Soccer (football Jo;)) was rained out. Jimmy was so disappointed:sad2: Got the grocery shopping done, laundry started and JIm is on the couch watching the Phillies game and getting ready to watch the Eagles game (yippee:rolleyes1). Jimmy is playing club penguin and I am just relaxing and flipping through the channels on the basement TV. OMG, I was watching Bridezillas. I would have to beat the carp our those women:eek:

HAving fried chicken, mashed sweet potatoes, green beans for dinner.

Tomorrow I have the Ultra SOund on the breast that I was telling you all about earlier. I know it is a sebaceous cyst, the doctor knows it is, the radioligist is just looking to make money:headache: So, I have to leave work early to get that done. Jim has an MRI on his shoulder on Tuesday - doctor thinks he may have a small tear in his rotator cuff. Oh well, guess he won't get that contraxt as a starting pitcher with the Phillies:rolleyes:

BBL:flower3:

Afternoon all.

I have had a nice quiet day. No kids :woohoo:. I was supposed to go apple picking with my son and daughter and some of the kids but we have had some rain today and with Kyle in a cast we put if off to next week.

I decided to make a big pot of my homemade spaghetti as a surprise for Jim. He'll think I'm being nice. I look at it as dinner is taken care of for the week. :rotfl2:

Football started so I have lost the TV for the night. I'll just head to bed a little early. We had a block party behind us yesterday and I had to listen to the DJ at full blast for over 9 hours. I am tired.

Have a great rest of the day.

Jo - you are coming to NYC - I had given up on you coming!!!!

I am definately up for a meet!!!!

Rosie - gald to hear that there are still honest folks, unfortunately I think they are outnumbered.

Mel - I just miss NotBob, I'm in Chicago next Monday and Tuesday.

Just having a lazy morning, I am incapable of sleeping late, even on vacation.

Having been lounging in bed watching the news.

I'm off to Aquatica today. I had gotten a 3 park pass (SW, BG, and Aquatica). It is good for 14 days and unlimited visits to all 3 parks. It was a good deal ($110 plus tax). Certainly beats WDW Prices.

Later Fockers

LOL, she's obsessed with me. :lmao:
Riiiight... You've already admitted you were the planner for this trip and you're the one who made allt he ADRs. I think you're obsessed with ME, fool. :lmao:

Mel the Exercise Slave Driver AKA Kimba said:
Hello everyone!

NotBob leaves Tues for Chicago. I am actually sort of looking forward to the peace and quiet. The beginning of the school year is always nuts and he's just not that "aware" of what I've been doing, the kids have been doing, all that it takes to get everyone where they need to be with WHAT they need to have. I need a break!
Yep. They have no idea... It's exhausting. :hug:

Tomorrow I have the Ultra SOund on the breast that I was telling you all about earlier. I know it is a sebaceous cyst, the doctor knows it is, the radioligist is just looking to make money:headache: So, I have to leave work early to get that done. Jim has an MRI on his shoulder on Tuesday - doctor thinks he may have a small tear in his rotator cuff. Oh well, guess he won't get that contraxt as a starting pitcher with the Phillies:rolleyes:

BBL:flower3:
Uh, I'm not sure what to say that doesn't sound weird, so... Good luck with your b000bie!;)

Kirt had an MRI on his elbow Friday. He had a fracture that he didn't know about in his past, and now bone has grown there. They're trying to decide about doing cortisone shots or surgery. I'm hoping to hear by Wed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm dreading this meeting this morning... :sad2: Nothing good can come of mad women confronting a pastor. I'll check in later, but everyone have a HaPpY MoNdAy! :goodvibes

When I first read this, I panicked a little and thought, "Oh, we'd don't HIKE, hike..."
Then I saw we have the same defintion! :thumbsup2
:rotfl2: Yeah, Leo keeps saying "And we're gonna go hiking right?!" And I'm like, "Oh yeah, we'll 'hike' for sure!" LOL!
This is what I noticed. They have a welcome center as you drive in from town (which, incidently was really nice and had some very sweet shops to browse). They gave us a map of the park, and the trails were marked with distance and difficulty, along with the type of path (paved, dirt, loose gravel). I think that might be the most important part to pay attention to. The type of terrain matters, when you are coming down a smallish incline and you hit pebbles, it's a bit like being on bb's. :scared1:
Having said that, we just went up the paths to a comfortable distance, then returned down again. I had just had spinal surgery about 5 months prior to the trip, so you know I wasn't moving too fast. It's a gorgeous park, and you'll definitely enjoy it even if you don't do hardcore hiking. My boys would have gladly done much more hiking if we'd had time and ability. The drive out from Vegas is a good one, but that road is HARROWING! You are driving through switch backs and in between huge rock walls. Pretty but stressful driving, with the semi's bearing down on you. Where are you staying in Vegas? We visit about twice a year, though not this year, and we love Mandalay Bay. They have the best pool on the strip (IMHO) which is imperative if you're visiting during summer.
:worship::worship::worship: THANK you Mel - this is exactly what I needed! We have no idea where to stay in Vegas, though per Tripadvisor, Mandalay Bay was standing out as a possibility. My only concern with the casino-resorts is smoke - so we're considering some of the non-casino places, too. I'm also thinking that after a week in Nat'l. Parks lodging (read: no frills), I'll be more than ready for a little luxury... the Four Seasons is calling me. ;)

I know most of you have seen but we won today so are now in the finals :yay:
Awesome - congrats Jo! :cheer2:
Anyway anyone up for a meet early December? :yay:
:sad1: WHy does NYC have to be so far from FL?!

I'm off to Aquatica today.
I can't wait to hear about it!

I'm dreading this meeting this morning... :sad2: Nothing good can come of mad women confronting a pastor.
Oh boy - hang in there! :hug:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning! Mondays suck. That is all.

But Saturday, Saturday rocked! :banana: We had so much fun with Mo at Busch Gardens! Leo enjoyed being the center of attention, and it was so good to catch up in person again. Thanks again for meeting us Mo! :hug:

And look - we even managed a picture! Call it "Leo-View". :rolleyes:

47114_1578659513791_1454752062_1529508_6552723_n.jpg

What else is new? School's still going well for Leo. I'm still just getting started, but so far, so good. Work is... well, work. ;)

Happy week all!

Good Morning All!!!Remind me to NEVER let the family know I have a day OFF!!!:scared1:Kyle is HOME:scared1:Says he is sick !!Buuut he knew I was home and does not like his teacher sooo I do not have a day OFF!:scared1::sad2:

I do have th e Turkey Breast ready for the oven soon and laundry and dishes done !! So when I have to do my running apound Kyle HAS to come !!!:headache:

Your mission if you decide to accept it :rotfl2:Don't ever let Rosie admit to a day off (except to you guys ):rotfl2:

Jo I will have to look to see if I can swing an early December NYC weekend !!!:banana:

The new Disney Store will be open too! :)

You didn't tell us they were opening a new one! Where? When? Details woman!

Jo - you are coming to NYC - I had given up on you coming!!!!

I am definately up for a meet!!!!

That's four of us (you, me, Katt, and Jo) Who else?popcorn:::banana:

Just having a lazy morning, I am incapable of sleeping late, even on vacation.

Enjoy just relaxing:goodvibes

I'm off to Aquatica today. I had gotten a 3 park pass (SW, BG, and Aquatica). It is good for 14 days and unlimited visits to all 3 parks. It was a good deal ($110 plus tax). Certainly beats WDW Prices.

We looked at a similare ticker when we went to US, but we just weren't able to use the SW portion so it wasn't worth it last year! It is a great price:thumbsup2

Kirt had an MRI on his elbow Friday. He had a fracture that he didn't know about in his past, and now bone has grown there. They're trying to decide about doing cortisone shots or surgery. I'm hoping to hear by Wed.

Keep us posted!

'm dreading this meeting this morning... :sad2: Nothing good can come of mad women confronting a pastor. I'll check in later, but everyone have a HaPpY MoNdAy! :goodvibes[/COLOR]

So, are they paying you for going in on your day off:rolleyes1

:sad1: WHy does NYC have to be so far from FL?!

Road Trip?;)

Morning! Mondays suck. That is all.

Yes, yes they do

And look - we even managed a picture! Call it "Leo-View". :rolleyes:

47114_1578659513791_1454752062_1529508_6552723_n.jpg

:faint: You have broken the curse:worship:

+++++++++++++++++

Morning all. Just a quick drop in. GOt to work late because of a major accident. IT wasn't on the road(s) I take to work, but it completely shut down 676 so ALL those people were shunted off onto my roads:headache:

I have interviews in about 20 minutes. Hope you all have a great Monday:goodvibes

Hey Jo, How about December 4th?:goodvibes

V-Re:Casinos/smoke

Definitely consider Mandalay Bay. They are rare in that you don't have to traverse their casino to get to check in. It's separate from the hotel areas. You will have to walk through to get eat... However, having said that, you will notice that it's not that bad. The best on the strip, IMHO, because they have the best air system, and the highest ceilings. Stay away from MGM, NYNY and TI. You could consider Mirage. The casino is offset from the hotel check-in, but it's more of a "party" atmosphere and not as good for kids. The Four Seasons is gorgeous, and you have the benefit of using the Mandalay facilities. Make sure to visit Shark Reef @ M.B. Also, you should consider getting tickets to a show. We loved The Beatles Love show. It is PERFECT for Leo's age. Do yourself a favor and go for the FARTHEST, nosebleed seats (also cheapest) that are available. This is an AERIAL show, and the losers who pay the most get to watch it with a crick in their neck! LOL
What I would avoid: Circus Circus (skeery), any of the older casinos (flamingo, etc) so smokey!!, and the "Medievil times" thing at Excaliber. Blech!
Worth the extra cash: Cabs, cabs, cabs. Don't try to use the monorail with Gramma and Leo. (Too far to walk between stops (THRU casinos!) and it's stops are so weird. Not really quicker), dinner at The Burger Bar, if Leo likes cars take him to the Wynn's Ferrari Showroom. Soooo pretty! Bonus is a lovely dessert spot for mama in their Wynn Shoppes. Also, dinner at Mon Ami Gabi, at The Paris, overlooking the Bellagio fountains! Gorgeous! (You must stay for a show of the fountains. After, go inside and see the amazing lobby with the Dale Chihuly sculpted ceiling.

Did I ramble on enough? We love Vegas. It's fun with the kids (and without ;)) but you need to plan ahead. (Not a problem for a Focker). Know that you WILL see the nudie cards on the sidewalks in Vegas, however the guys handing them out NEVER approach us when the boys are with us. They usually just ignore us completely when they see the kids. :thumbsup2

Mel:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter