Tasty Planning Time with ZeBrook! A 2 for 1 PTR - 12/24 - All our bags are packed

I know it, I can't believe how quickly it's all coming together. These spur of the moment trips are kinda fun!

THANK YOU MeMom for the advice! This is GREAT to know. I didn't realize Movies was in need of a refurb. I recall your stay at Movies (was it at Christmas time?) and now LL's TR, it really does look like a fresh and pretty resort. I think we'll aim for that!!

We were at Music at Christmas year before last and at Thanksgiving this past year.

The good thing is, you are right in the middle of the three All-Stars, so you can just walk across the parking lots on either side and go and see all the great decor at all of them. All-Star Movies has the best icons for the kids, but the rooms are nicer at Music, and Music has the nighttime movies on the big screen at the pool.

Here are a few pictures for you.

P1130127.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney210.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney207.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney203.jpg

Oh yes, I have been thinking about that, too!! :thumbsup2

Your sisters trip is in January, right?
Not sure if I could convince Joe to go back quite so soon. :rolleyes1 Wouldn't that be a blast though? Hitting RD and just going for it allllll day long. Half the fun would be recording it, the wait times, the pictures and all!

We were at Music at Christmas year before last and at Thanksgiving this past year.

The good thing is, you are right in the middle of the three All-Stars, so you can just walk across the parking lots on either side and go and see all the great decor at all of them. All-Star Movies has the best icons for the kids, but the rooms are nicer at Music, and Music has the nighttime movies on the big screen at the pool.

Here are a few pictures for you.

P1130127.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney210.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney207.jpg

disneypicssssssdiney203.jpg

Thank you for the pictures!! Henry would love that Dut Dut fountain in the pool.

I think it's ironic that Music plays the movies on the big screen at night, but Movies doesn't. :laughing: I suppose it's because they are in the middle and everyone can easily filter in from Movies or Sports?

Remember when I posted my trip's agenda and the last comment was "everything is negoitable"?

Well...an AP rate came out the other day and it's a good one!

Joe even said, "I wouldn't mind staying at the Wilderness Lodge again."

To which my eyes about popped out of my head, I covered my ears with my hands and sang "La la la la la"

He just laughed at me.

NO-RESORT-SWITCHING!

I want to stay at CSR. Reallyyyyy want to. I :lovestruc the WL, but no, no, no. This is a budget trip and that is THAT! The more we can save the better.

So, back to that AP rate. It brings at Moderate room down to $89 per night, a $60 per night savings.

Room only-all nights at CSR (no moving! :thumbsup2)=$501.

That's half of our current price tag (which, in all fairness does include dining and a 1 day ticket).

Much number crunching later, and we have determined our new Plan:

* Room + Quick Service Dining Plan.

* We are keeping the ADRs for Crystal Palace and Sci Fi only.

And here is how we came to that conclusion:

*All meals OOP + mugs + snacks
(OOP meals are the two TS above, the rest CS)

*Quick Service Dining Plan (which from here forward will be known as QSDP, because seriously...:rolleyes:)
QSDP + 4 meals OOP (2 TS above, plus 2 CS to make it 3 meals a day)
The cost of the 2 options above were nearly identical.
BUT, with the QSDP we get 2 snacks a day each.

That means more Iztakadoozies people!!!!! :yay:
And more Mickey Rice Krispies!
And more Mickey Ice Cream bars!

I am not a teensy bit heartbroken over the canceled ADRs. I'm actually quite relieved. This will allow us to roll-with-it a bit more, we are only tied to two things - which is much more ideal with a toddler....and just the "stop and smell the roses" style of touring we enjoy more.

Plus we are saving over $200!

I'm THRILLED with these changes. Toddler Friendly Touring + saving money, can't beat it!

(plus, more Itzakadoozies! :woohoo:)

Yay Brook! :cool1:You are SO good with this Disney budgetting thing!! I'm very impressed!!!:thumbsup2 This is going to be a FAB trip!! Can't wait to hear more!!!!:goodvibes

Thank you for the pictures!! Henry would love that Dut Dut fountain in the pool.

I think it's ironic that Music plays the movies on the big screen at night, but Movies doesn't. :laughing: I suppose it's because they are in the middle and everyone can easily filter in from Movies or Sports?

Yeah, probably because it is in the middle.

Even if you don't stay there, you can take Henry over to Sports. There are dut-duts in the Tennis area.

P1100792.jpg

P1100795.jpg

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for saving money.

I will be curious to hear how you liked the QSDP. With young adult guys, I don't know if they'll really like TS that much...so you can be the guinea pigs for me....thanks...;):thumbsup2

I guess I can also do a search....meh....

Woo Hoo for saving money!! :woohoo:

I think the QSDP sounds like a great idea with a toddler, I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about it too.

You can never have too many Itzakadoozies, now can you! :thumbsup2

So Brook...exactly how do you feel about itzakadoozies? :rotfl:

I think the plan is a great one! I do enjoy TS but it can sometimes feel like you are planning your vacation around them. QSDP will give you a trip where you can roll with it!

Yay Brook! :cool1:You are SO good with this Disney budgetting thing!! I'm very impressed!!!:thumbsup2 This is going to be a FAB trip!! Can't wait to hear more!!!!:goodvibes

Thanks! It's kinda fun to hunt out the discounts and crunch the numbers and see how we can save. I enjoy not having to worry about the budget as much-and having a budget enables us to go again and again! :goodvibes

I can't agree more. Just wait until you add another baby/kid into the mix!

:rotfl: I cannot even imagine! :faint: Aren't things so much more enjoyable when they are happy?

Yeah, probably because it is in the middle.

Even if you don't stay there, you can take Henry over to Sports. There are dut-duts in the Tennis area.

P1100792.jpg

P1100795.jpg

Those are SUCH cute pictures of Brooklynn with the Duts! That is really sweet-Henry would be excited about the tennis balls on the building and the baseball ball too! It would be fun to go over there and explore.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for saving money.

I will be curious to hear how you liked the QSDP. With young adult guys, I don't know if they'll really like TS that much...so you can be the guinea pigs for me....thanks...;):thumbsup2

I guess I can also do a search....meh....

:laughing: Reading TRs is much more enjoyable anyway!

Hurray for saving more money!!! I also am looking forward to what you think of the QSDP! :thumbsup2

Now lets see if I can still keep that $200 in my pocket versus spending it on something else Disney related. :rolleyes:

I hope the QSDP works as well for us as I think it will. I haven't ever read any reviews on it-or any TRs with it, so we'll see!

Wow, that is a great rate!

I was really surprised! AKL and WL also had great rates, but I had to resist and ignore Joe! Besides, I do want to try CSR (and every other resort. ;))

Woo Hoo for saving money!! :woohoo:

I think the QSDP sounds like a great idea with a toddler, I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about it too.

You can never have too many Itzakadoozies, now can you! :thumbsup2

I think the flexability of CS meals will be really nice. There are SO many CS choices with everything from pizza and burgers, to baked chicken and schwarma! Plus, if we eat at CSR we won't be charged the 10% gratuity from the Pepper Market. ;)

Never too many Itzakadoozies! YUMMMMM!

So Brook...exactly how do you feel about itzakadoozies? :rotfl:

I think the plan is a great one! I do enjoy TS but it can sometimes feel like you are planning your vacation around them. QSDP will give you a trip where you can roll with it!

Me and Itzakadoozies :love:

And Henry likes 'em too! :rotfl2:

I did feel like we were planning our entire trip around TS, which isn't so bad when it was just Joe and I-we LOVED all our sit downs during our honeymoon - and I think we'll like 'em more again when Henry isn't so antsy in a chair. :rolleyes1

I go away.. and now you are headed to CSR. It is so pretty, we had a good location and I imagine it is less walking than SSR. Quick service would be great... especially at Pepper Market, it is a pricey quickservice, but good. Great rates.... wow!

Toddler friendly touring, saving $ and more snacks?! What a great combo. I'm going to have to go check out those AP rates... :rolleyes1

I'm glad that you stuck to your guns and are staying at CSR! I've heard so many good things about the re-model, I think you'll really enjoy it. Now, about the QSDP, DH and I are struggling with this or TSDP. We've done the TS in the past, and have really enjoyed it. The problem (that you correctly mentioned) is that you are kinda tied to those TS ADR's. You definitely have much more flexibility with QS. So, as Jordanyosh said, you can be the guinea pig!:goodvibes I'm going to stay with the TS we have booked right now and complete ADR's, and can always switch when we find out the details in your September TR! I'm telling you, your TR and PTR have given me sooo much information, I feel like I should be paying you for planning my trip!:lmao::lmao: Do you accept American Express?:rotfl2:

WOO HOO for saving money! I love Fuzzy Disney Math....just love it. It makes me so happy. Marc...not so much. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter