Tasty Planning Time with ZeBrook! A 2 for 1 PTR - 12/24 - All our bags are packed

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by brookelizabeth, May 14, 2009.

1. moparop

moparop DIS Veteran

I think QSDP is going to rock, especially with Pepper Market! And to save some bucks too -- AWESOME!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. blessedby3

blessedby3 Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna

We had the QSDP on our last trip this past March and Loved it. We actually couldnt eat all the food since you get dessert at each meal and then 2 snacks per day!! We had over 20 snacks left on our card at check out and we took home lots of rice krispy bars to share. You will get to try lots of different snacks! We even used some snack credits for yummy things to have a breakfast so we wouldnt have to pay oop!

4. BellaSoleil

BellaSoleil Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

I don't know how or why, but I just realized that I'm not subscribed to this PTR. Boy, did I have some catching up to do.

A September trip.

SHUT UP!!!!

Can I be Henry's big sister?

5. Lamping3

Lamping3 Mouseketeer

:cool1:I am so excited for you! Another trip! :woohoo: I love how things just work out!

6. Lovemy3babes

Lovemy3babes Is always in need to get herself and her children

Saving money is always a good thing my dear! Congrats on the new plan. :)

7. KathyRN137

KathyRN137 ...and the greatest of these is Love

Good for you, Brook!! :thumbsup2 Way to stick to your guns!!

(Besides, you're gonna need that $$ for the NYE trip... everything is sooo much more expensive during holiday season!) :eek:

Kathy

8. tiggrbaby

tiggrbaby <font color=deeppink><marquee>We must work harder

Great work, Brook! The more you save, the more you can do!

9. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

What location did you stay in? (Do I recall correctly that you said you requested Casitas?) We were a bit torn between Casitas and Cabanas, but are leaning toward Cabanas because of the sandy beach/multiple hammocks - that is Joe's ideal.

I can't wait to read about how you enjoyed CR for a couple nights! :goodvibes

I was a bit shocked when I looked at the prices of the Pepper Market, but it's really nice that they take the DDP and that even includes the 10% tip.

The AP rates are GREAT. I think it was around $60 for a Value, $89 for a Mod and $139 for a Deluxe (WL or AKL)! Our room only would be 501, with with QSDP, $802. Cheapppppp!

Thanks! I'm really excited about them and keep dreaming of the details!

The room pictures look absolutly amazing! I love the colors and the style.

I'm very happy to be the guinea pig! I'll bring back a full review - the good, the bad, and (hopefully none, but...) the ugly. I'm thinking it's going to be a lot of food with the 2 snacks and dessert every meal, but I won't be complaining! :laughing:

And yes, I DO accept American Express. :lmao:;) (glad I can help with the info! I've learned SO much on the DIS!)

I've heard very few poor reports of CSR - I'm very much looking forward to it!

10. brookelizabeth

:rotfl2: Oh, that is probably true, esp since I started thinking of a souvie list today!

:rotfl: That's funny! Maybe if you let him buy a DVD player, or a fancy remote to go with that big screen TV he would be more partial to the Fuzzy Disney Math. ;)

When I saw the prices at the Pepper Market, PLUS the 10% gratuity, it just made more sense to pay for the QSDP - I think it will work out great!

oh that is GREAT to hear! I hadn't really thought of using a snack credit for breakfast-that is an excellent idea. Joe and I did that on the regular DDP back in 2006, we'd grab a muffin or a bagel for breakfast along with filling up our mugs with the "coffee". It worked well. So, now we'd get to do that AND have a regular snack in the park. I'm likin' this more and more! :goodvibes And bringing rice krispys home?! Oh yes. Yum!

He he he! Hiya Soleil!
    Yes, you can be Henry's big sister!!!!! :goodvibes

Me too!!! It was just such a good deal, we couldn't pass it up! (which is exactly Disney's intent with those discounts! :rolleyes:)

Yes! I am really excited about saving the money! It gives us more room to breathe.

You are VERY right. And I think we should just move that $200 right into a savings account for the NYE trip...

Thankfully we will still have our APs and are planning on doing most meals in the room. However, even pricing a rental car, from Dec 26-Jan 1, for a large van, over $500!!!! :sick:

Exactly!!! It gives us room to breathe now, and money to save for later. :thumbsup2

11. brookelizabeth

In the switching of arrival days and dining plan, I've revised The Plan, so in keeping with my geekdom, I now present to you The Plan 1.1.

I'm listing some of the CS meals I have tucked away in the back of my mind...not comitting to any, but, will "gently steer my touring party" in that direction. ;)

Wednesday, September 2:
    Arrival (well, technically it will be the 3rd when we arrive on property, but...)
    SLEEP
    Floss, I recall you and C eating a bit of something when you arrived at the Poly late night on your last trip, what time did you arrive, and what was open? I am thinking we might want a bit to eat (esp. Henry) before we go to bed. I might have to just buy some granola bars or the like at the airport......

Thursday, September 3:
    Wake up in WDW!!
    Animal Kingdom
    (CS lunch - Flametree BBQ)
    MK for Spectro and/or Wishes
    (CS - CASEY'S! hello my pretty corn dog nuggets!)

Friday, September 4:
    Crystal Palace breakfast with Pooh & friends!!
    MK
    (CS lunch in mind - CHH, tuna sammich, drool)

Saturday, September 5:
    Breakfast at the Main Street Bakery. Oh yes.
    Monorail to Epcot
    (CS lunch - Sunshine Seasons, Tangerine Cafe, haven't tried either!)

Sunday, September 6:
    DHS
    Sci-Fi lunch
    (If we are around for dinner, Studio Catering Company or Starring Rolls, SCC chicken=yummy!, SR delish looking sammiches)

Monday, September 7:
    Departure day

And since we do plan to get to the parks early (as close to RD as possible), we should have our evenings free-so we'll squeeze in DTD at somepoint. And when we do, I'll be snacking at Goofy's (pretzel rods!) and dining at either EoS or WPE.

I need to make a Desired Snack List, a Souvie List, and a packing list. (shoe update coming soon!)

I also need to make a countdown calendar for Henry....(and well, it's as much for Joe and I as it is for Henry! :laughing:)

12. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

I think you're gonna like Sunshine Seasons! It's one of our very favorite counter services.

13. Donald is #1

Donald is #1 DIS Veteran

I vote for the Tangerine Cafe. :love:

14. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

The Tangierine Cafe was my favorite CS of the entire trip! :goodvibes

15. lazydoxy66

lazydoxy66 Live, love, and laugh!

I think a lot of people are going for the QSDP. It really is such a hassle to make and keep all the ADRs.
    My next trip with my DH should be very interesting as I have vowed to do it without the DDP. I want to find the restaurants that serve a full menu at their bars. No ADRs required.

Your plans look great.

16. IluvXU

IluvXU DIS Veteran

Cafe Rix was open in the main building until Midnight (last week). It has some quick service stuff.

The meals look great we are big CHH fans and had a fantastic meal at WPE and EoS last week!

17. mickeysmyboy

mickeysmyboy <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Your new plan looks great!!

I can't believe you didn't jump at the chance to switch when Joe mentioned it!! I would have jumped at that chance!!! Your are a wonderfully strong women!!!!!

BTW!! Your NOT a Geek!!! ;)

18. brookelizabeth

I've wanted to eat there since the first trip, but it has never worked out. All the food looks delish - and that strawberry dessert has been calling my name for a LONG while now!

The food here looks so good too-and SO MUCH of it! I could easily split with Joe or share with Henry. Problem is, I don't know if Joe will go for it.

I've always heard such rave reviews of it all - I look forward to seeing what was on your plate! I haven't even browsed their online menu yet...

Ooooh, I LIKE that idea of the full menu at the bars! :thumbsup2 I believe quite a few places have this available.

Thank you! That is GREAT to hear. I have a feeling we'll quite a bit at CSR too. CHH, WPE and EoS are some of my favorites...I love the chinios chicken salad at WPE.

:rotfl: I was tempted for a half second-but we've stayed at both, and I REALLY want to try a new resort, and keeping this as a budget trip just makes me feel so much better about it all.

Trust me...I'm a big computer geek. For a girl anyway. Joe takes the cake of all computer geekiness. He and one of his close friends, oh Lordy...NERDS! :laughing:

19. IluvXU

IluvXU DIS Veteran

Pepper Market is a great deal on the dining plan too. We had some fantastic food there!

20. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

Your plans look great! What a fun, quick trip! :yay::yay:

21. teruterubouzu

teruterubouzu DIS Veteran

I'm a big fan of both Tangierine Cafe and Sunshine Seasons. At Tangierine, I usually get the veggie plate. I eat food like that here at home quite frequently, but I don't get to listen to Morockin' while I'm doing it.

Sunshine Seasons has a great variety. Last trip, I got the vegetarian stir fry with tofu. I went with a pork chop on the previous trip and was really happy with it. They also have a lot of tempting desserts in their bakery case.