• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Target.com and discount

SW-Ont-family-of-5

SW Ont Family of 5
I just went on the US Target website and did a mock purchase of Disney gift cards using my Cdn Target Red Card (MC) and the discount applied. I did not complete the purchase so am not sure that it would necessarily go through with a Cdn billing address but a US shipping address. If someone has tried and can report back, that would be helpful to those of us living close to the border. I know that we can not use our Cdn Red Cards in the US stores for the discount but have to apply for a separate US card. Thanks!

I just went on the US Target website and did a mock purchase of Disney gift cards using my Cdn Target Red Card (MC) and the discount applied. I did not complete the purchase so am not sure that it would necessarily go through with a Cdn billing address but a US shipping address. If someone has tried and can report back, that would be helpful to those of us living close to the border. I know that we can not use our Cdn Red Cards in the US stores for the discount but have to apply for a separate US card. Thanks!

I've used my Cdn. MasterCard Red Card in the States no problem and was given the discount. For shipping, if you live near the border, then shipping to a postal/shipping facility should only cost you about $5.

Any savings will most likely be offset by foreign currency exchange rates and related fees that banks apply to credit card transactions.

The best way for Canadian's to save when vacationing in the US is to apply for and get a US dollar credit card from one of the Canadian banks. The amount of savings on credit card currency exchange rates and fees will be well worth it.

There are a few different places in Port Huron to ship for $5. Target.com will take a Canadian billing and US address. Not sure about the Canadian shipping - always just cheaper for me to pay the $5 then once taxes etc are added.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter