Target 5% back--does it work with Disney gift cards?

Call back. I had one person that didn't want to type in my BJ's giftcards back in 2011 but when I called back the next person said it was no problem. I've also done multiples on the online system, but that system might have been updated/changed since then.

If you have to call in a FEW and then a few more. Break it up. It's money... they'll take it. HA.

We left part of our giftcards in the room and only took what we figured we needed for the day. Others have had them loaded to their KTTW and used the charging to access their giftcard. Another person on the board has charged to their room, then gone to the desk every so often to "pay off" with their giftcards.

Well, I just got shot down again. Again, it was because it was room only, so it is treated as a deposit, which must be by credit card. She wanted an expiration date. I'll double check at home, but I'm pretty sure there are no expiration dates on GCs. That's illegal now.

This must be a policy change, or they are playing hardball with me. They always say I can pay at checkin. Which just ticks me off. I don't want to carry around all this cash. I'm thinking now I'll cut the cards up, keeping the magnetic stripe intact, and keep the parts separate. I'll have all the numbers elsewhere too. The physical cards are meaningless. They all make it clear if I was doing a vacation package I could use them no problem. So, it really seems they simply don't want me to have the luxury of giving the numbers online because I'm not spending enough money.

Jason

Well, I just got shot down again. Again, it was because it was room only, so it is treated as a deposit, which must be by credit card. She wanted an expiration date. I'll double check at home, but I'm pretty sure there are no expiration dates on GCs. That's illegal now.

This must be a policy change, or they are playing hardball with me. They always say I can pay at checkin. Which just ticks me off. I don't want to carry around all this cash. I'm thinking now I'll cut the cards up, keeping the magnetic stripe intact, and keep the parts separate. I'll have all the numbers elsewhere too. The physical cards are meaningless. They all make it clear if I was doing a vacation package I could use them no problem. So, it really seems they simply don't want me to have the luxury of giving the numbers online because I'm not spending enough money.

Jason

I was able to key in a ton of GC's through the phone system for my room only res this past Feb. I have also had CM's take them over the phone for room only res. Someone is giving you the wrong information. Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So now I am able to order them online. Must be something new because just a few days ago the disney gift cards said not available online. Nice!

I was able to key in a ton of GC's through the phone system for my room only res this past Feb. I have also had CM's take them over the phone for room only res. Someone is giving you the wrong information. Good luck!!!

So you can manually key in gift card numbers through an automated system?

Because online, I get errors too. It can't find my reservation number because it is room only, I've been told.

Jason

So you can manually key in gift card numbers through an automated system?

Because online, I get errors too. It can't find my reservation number because it is room only, I've been told.

Jason

Somewhere in the prompts on the automated system is "make a payment". It took my GC's no problem and gave me my new balance after each card. Now I had to go back to the start of the menu each time, but never had to hang up. Took a while but I didn't mind since I was not holding up a CM.

What phone number? Everything I try ends up at the same operators. I did find one in her ill try tomorrow, that was at least once automated, but during normal hours at least eventually dumps you to the same place. I'll try tomorrow morning before they are live. 714 781 4565

Anyone have a number to the automated system?

Jason

Try this #

407-934-7639

If that doesn't work, I was using the passholder #

This may have already been answered so sorry if I'm repeating (there's pages and pages and pages of responses on this thread!). Can I use my Disney gift cards to make my $200 deposit when I make my Disney reservation or do i need to do that on a credit card and just pay the rest of my trip with my gift cards?

Jw because I read that 2014 packages will be open soon and i have plenty of gift cards saved up!

Does anyone know if opening a Target Debit Card will affect your credit score? I'm trying to be very careful as we're hoping to refinance in the near future. However, I'd really like to take advantage of getting Disney GCs at a discount. My thought is that it doesn't because it's just linked to your checking account so there is no actual credit being issued. But, I could be wrong. Thoughts?:confused3

There is no credit check. They just check your checking history.

So now I am able to order them online. Must be something new because just a few days ago the disney gift cards said not available online. Nice!

You have to check often. They go in and out of stock pretty often. I checked one morning and they were gone but had been replenished that afternoon. You may have to try multiple times a day for a number of days.

Try this #

407-934-7639

If that doesn't work, I was using the passholder #

Well, the Disneyland numbers, every one I could find, don't even let you do anything after hours, they just say to call back.

I know others have done it, and thanks for the suggestions, but it seems like you can't anymore. If someone HAS done it in the last few weeks, please let me know. I really want to get the gift cards spent before leaving the house.

Jason

Well I was able to go back today and buy 40 more.. No problems just had to do 10 at a time & 4 transactions! So now I've bought 75 & paid off our trip with $400 worth to spare for spending money! Ill go back & get at least $500 more when I get another pharmacy reward!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Question...I noticed Disney gift cards at my Lowes the other day. I know they offer a %off when you use your Lowes card. Just wondering if anyone has done it there. We don't have target here but I would happily do it at Lowes and then get online and pay my Lowes card. Seems too easy to save money! Anyone know?!

I personally don't know but maybe you can just go but one and see? Wouldn't it be awesome if there was some place besides Target we could do this at, I love Target but for ppl who don't have them near by.:

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

I know this may have been asked before and I have seen where people have paid for their room with gift cards and people have charged things on their KTTW card and then went down to concierge and used gift cards. My question can I use them at restaurants if I don't want to go down to front desk each day AND lets say we are having drinks around Epcot, can I use a gift card at the drink stands?:scratchin

Question...I noticed Disney gift cards at my Lowes the other day. I know they offer a %off when you use your Lowes card. Just wondering if anyone has done it there. We don't have target here but I would happily do it at Lowes and then get online and pay my Lowes card. Seems too easy to save money! Anyone know?!

This was previously talked about on the budget board and I believe the person said that it did not work for them but I would call or try myself to verify.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter