1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Target 5% back--does it work with Disney gift cards?

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by jennybdis, Jan 17, 2013.

1. leebee

leebee DIS Veteran

OTOH... if I reach my limit on the debit card and they will approve another form of payment and still give me the 5% discount, I could use my Disney VISA card and accumulate rewards points there!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. pennygirlj

pennygirlj Earning My Ears

I was wondering if anyone has tried to use the 10% off entire purchase coupons? I am thinking that it would work because the 5% pharmacy coupons work but I don't want to get to the register with a bunch of gift cards and then the coupon not come off.

4. andee515

andee515 Mouseketeer

The email I received from disney stated it is not policy to limit and when I called and got past the original cm, the manager was able to do it for me:lmao:

5. mommyof3princess27

mommyof3princess27 What we've got here is failure to communicate

I think I may pay for my trip using the Target 5% off debit card that would save me $250!

6. OurBigTrip

OurBigTrip DIS Veteran

Not sure why some CMs can't understand that two types of payment doesn't mean two gift cards. It could be 100 gift cards and a credit card - still just two types of payment.

7. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 DIS Veteran

True, but again, at that point you will be at the mercy of the store manager who may or may not give you the extra 5% if you use another form of payment.

8. momto2inKC

momto2inKC DIS Veteran

For tickets? That'll be great if they've finally changed that.

9. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

Yes. Disney GC are considered merchandise in their system and will work.

Is this a special 10% coupon? Where did you get it?

10. thorphin

thorphin DIS Veteran

FYI, I was able to buy Special Event tickets by phone using several GC's no problem. The CM didn't even bat an eye.

Well, I say no problem, but the gift card system seems to be half way broken half the time -- it'll show value on the card, but will decline the charge. A bit of massaging and hold time (sometimes with a supervisor) and it always works eventually, which makes me think it's probably the skill level of the CM at play.

In any case, for special event ticketing, definitely okay to use multiple cards via phone. Can't imagine that regular tickets would be any different as long as you get a CM who knows how to do it.

As an aside, using various discounts on our Target GC's, all told, we saved $646 by paying for things using our Target Debit Card!

11. pennygirlj

pennygirlj Earning My Ears

I see them on ebay all the time, I was wondering if it would be worth it to buy one from there and then just buy all my cards at once.

12. Marionnette

Marionnette <font color=deeppink>Wishing On A Star<br><font co

Are these the 10%-off coupons that are sent to people when they get a change of address packet from the post office?

If they are, then the answer is: No, they don't work for Disney GCs or any other GCs.

From a long thread on the Budget Board:

13. Msmissymouser

Msmissymouser Earning My Ears

Just wanted to share-bought 65 GC at Target yesterday using my Red Card & a pharmacy rewards card. Saved $316 ! I called the Target Red Card fraud line before heading to the store to alert them I was making a large purchase. After some of the horror stories I read on here I didn't want any issues! The process at Target was simple & I had no issues. I called Disney today to pay for my trip. Spoke with "Clay" who was AWESOME!!! He was very pleasant & was happy to enter all of the GC. Great experience!!!!

14. anmickey

anmickey Earning My Ears

Is Target able to tell you your spending limit? I had an awkward experience once shortly after I'd gotten the card and now I'm always too scared to buy too much at one time. I'm planning on getting a ton of Disney gift cards too.

15. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

16. anmickey

anmickey Earning My Ears

Hmm. I hope it includes gift cards. Can you use Target GC's to buy Disney GC's? If so, makes the deal even sweeter.

17. sunflare

sunflare Mouseketeer

Yes, you can use Target GCs to buy Disney GC's. I've done it many times.

18. dlhamann

dlhamann Earning My Ears

WHAT?!?!?!? After reading all over the internet and from various people that I could use unlimited gift card to buy my Disney World tickets, I went to Target and bought 27 $50 gift cards, plus I had a $200 gift card for getting my Disney VISA. I called WDW today ready to order my 5 5-day tickets, and the agent told me that I could only use 2 gift cards per person, so 10 gift cards total. I begged and pleaded and she told me that’s all I could use. So then I had a panic attack and started crying because I had already bought $1500 in gift cards, so I asked to speak to her manager. She transferred me to someone in Guest Services who told me I could go ahead and reserve my tickets and then just give my confirmation number at Downtown Disney the night we get there and run my gift cards though there. I’m okay with that but wanted the tickets sooner to see if we would be chosen for the FP+ testing.

So NO, I was NOT allowed to use unlimited gift cards on the phone today to order tickets, but I can use them at Guest Services at the park.

19. yooperfan

yooperfan Hi HO, hi ho, it's off to work we go

Gift cards are supposed to be same as cash, I don't know why they would be able to reject a payment, phone or not. How many cards did Target allow you to buy per purchase?

20. Marionnette

Marionnette <font color=deeppink>Wishing On A Star<br><font co

Vacation packages and room reservations can be paid with multiple forms of payment over the phone.

Ticket orders go through a different department and they only allow 2 forms of payment online or by phonei. Both can be GCs but their total value must be sufficient to cover the entire cost of the ticket(s). If you go to a ticket booth, you can use as many GCs as it takes to pay for your tickets.

21. luvallprincesses

luvallprincesses DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the 20% off coupon from Target is going to work to buy Disney gift cards since they are entertainment cards instead of gift cards?