Tanya & Dan's VR DCL!!!Dec 4, 2009 MK & Epcot Photoshoot Pics Posted

ohh:goodvibes The FG is so pretty! your DD looks adorable!:goodvibes Your flowers look great too! I like the hidden mickeys!

Thanks so much! I do believe that you are the one who gave me the instructions on how to do them! :banana: You've got a lot of great crafts and projects in your pj too. I am going to have to steal some of them!! LOL!

I have been so busy with everything going on, that I really haven't had time to post any updates. I heard from Cathy at DFTW, and she sent me my contract!! :cool1:
I found out that my ceremony will be on December 4th around 4pm in the afternoon - which is perfect. We will be at Nassau in the Bahamas! We are hoping to do it outside on Deck 7.
Cathy has been wonderful in answering all my emails and questions! I must email her like once a day! However, she has not been so nice about the cake options!:rotfl: I keep bugging her for a nicer cake, or at least one with some hidden mickeys or something - and she says no everytime! She says that they can only offer the two versions on the contract.

Ok - so I also asked about a dove release. I know it may sound crazy on a boat, but I really like the symbolism involved in this, and I thought that it was worth the try. She said DFTW doesn't do them anymore b/c of animal rights. But I could call the Bahamas and ask them to do it on shore.

I also found out that the sand ceremony is not conducted by the officiant, but we can still do it at the end of our ceremony.

Pretty much everything else has just been questions about customizing the flowers and such.

:headache: :headache: :headache: We should all band together and work on our cakes with her the same day! :headache: :headache: :headache: Maybe if we all ask at the same time, they will realize these cake options are ridiculious!!!!!

Congrat on getting a date finally!!

:headache: :headache: :headache: We should all band together and work on our cakes with her the same day! :headache: :headache: :headache: Maybe if we all ask at the same time, they will realize these cake options are ridiculious!!!!!

Congrat on getting a date finally!!

Great idea!!! I even told Cathy that I was on the DISboards and I know that they have done favors for other brides, and that the rest of us were unhappy with the choices!

I ordered a different one from the one I previously posted. My DH doesn't agree with my decision, and still wants me to order the first one. (We don't agree on anything!!;) ) He thinks that b/c my DD hair is so short that she shouldn't have spaghetti straps. I like this one b/c the skirt is poofier (is that a word?) It is a little more formal. I want to have her wear gloves, elbow or opera length with it, and I want to pull her hair up in a bun, with a tiara and pixie dust on her hair.
It is too big for her still, since it will be 10 months from now when she has to wear it.
Here she is trying it on in our mess of a room!
Epcot005.jpg

Epcot003.jpg

Your dd is the most adorable baby ever!!!!!!!!!!!<3

Here is what I have been working on.
My mom's rings - This is one of my favorites
MomzSteve2017copy.jpg

A new favorite wedding pic
KatieTom3112.jpg

Some fun pics:
KatieTom3202.jpg

MomzSteve20593.jpg

Here are a few pics from my mom's reception. It was fast and casual and low budget. We didn't do too much to the building. She kept getting on to me for the decorations I did saying they were too formal.

Anyway, she had a beach theme, so we decorated with shell garland, big shells, lights, greenery, and lots of white. We were supposed to sprinkle little shells along the table, but we forgot them, so we used rose petals instead.
I made castle lollipops out of white chocolate. They were great and a huge hit! I also printed out a picture of the two of them, and put "Thank you for celebrating with us." I printed these on white card stock and cut them out in starfish and seashell shapes. The centerpieces were made with silver trays that I scored at the $ store for a dollar a piece. I used canning jars (free) since I had a case in the attic. I put in real beach sand, a tea light candle, and surrounded the candle with shells (free from beach). These cost me just over a dollar to make, and they were really pretty. They could be spiced up with colored sand.
Thought I would post these so anyone looking for ideas might get inspiration!
Momsreception014.jpg

Momsreception009.jpg

Momsreception018.jpg

They both play guitar and they met at a music group. The reception was held in the building where they met and play together. So here is their cake -it's made out of cupcakes - the chunks out of the icing on the side is where they tasted it.
Momsreception021.jpg

I wish she would have let me order chair covers! Those chairs are so ugly! But hey, it's not my wedding! :lmao:
We used those 3m command strips to attach hooks to the walls. They worked great!! We hung up window treatments, tulle, and lights with them. We also hung up Chinese paper lanterns from the ceiling in blues and greens.
For favors, we took large shells and used a silver paint pen to write their names inside the shells. I don't think I got any close ups of these - we weren't there to photograph that day. You can kind of see them on the tables. It was a fun theme. Here is a close up of my castle sucker:
004.jpg

A better shot of the sign in table. We used a photo mat for guest to sign.
Momsreception027.jpg

More decorations- we got table top tiki torches from oriental trading company, & we put flowers in them instead of oil.
Momsreception023.jpg

So, I have been racking my brains to try and figure out where we can have an at home reception. I want it to be fun, but still nice, and most importantly - memorable. I so do not want it in a bland hall with rubber chicken!!!
So I think that I have narrowed it down to 2 locations. Both are fairly close to town. The first is a lovely park with a large gazebo. There is a small stream that goes around the park and a wooden bridge that goes over the stream and into a large grassy opening where the gazebo is. It is very pretty, and we have photographed a lot of weddings there. The only problem is that the gazebo is the only source of shelter, so if it rains or if it is really cold or hot, we are SOL!
Here are some pics - they aren't the best, but they show the location
mikeswedding1160.jpg

mikeswedding1220.jpg

The second is at this place called Soloman's Castle. It is built by an artist out of recycled material. The bottom part of the castle is an art museum with all of his work. The top is his living quarters and a guest room in the tower reserved for honeymooners, etc. There is a moat around the castle, and a boat in the moat that has a restaurant inside of it. It's called The Boat in The Moat restuarant!:rotfl: There is additional seating around the boat that is outdoors. If I have it here, it would be in the evening, so we are the only guests. The guests all get a guided tour of the castle, grounds, and the restaurant will cater a dinner for around $20/person. I think that this is our best bet, b/c if the weather is bad, We can go inside the boat. It's smaller than it looks in the pictures, and it is a not fancy like Disney - the tables are plastic :lmao: but it looks like fun.
Here are a couple of pics we took yesterday-
solomanscastle101.jpg

solomanscastle095.jpg

We would probably do it in March of 2010. This would give us enough time to save up some more $$, and we should still all fit into our wedding clothes!!
What does everyone think???

Ahhh! Cuteness! She looks like I did when I was her age :cutie:

n1514184_30846011_3594.jpg

Gratuitous pic of myself, but I made it a Disney pic! lol

Congrats on getting your date!
I love the flowers you made and the flower girl dress.

As I said in my PJ you totally need to get the blue dress.

I love all your pictures. I see in your profile you have a Nikon. I have a D40 and I just got a second lens the 55-200, there was a major deal on it at Best Buy at New Years. I want to get the Sigma 30mm and was all set to get it, but before I could the price went up, like, a lot!
Anywho since you take professional pics you probably have a better camera than the D40, but I thought I would share.

Ok. More! more! Keep asking Cathy questions so I don't have to :rotfl2:

popcorn:: popcorn::

I love your baby picture! :cutie: I think that my DD looks a lot like you. Your hair is just a touch brighter than hers though. Hers keeps getting darker as she gets older.

I hope you get a green dress! It will just look fabulous on you! I can't wait to be able to go try on dresses. I really want blue, or something with blue in it. My DH wants me to get white. I am going to take him dress shopping with me and try to convince him otherwise:snooty: !

And don't worry about Cathy! I'll keep bugging her about stuff. She will probably be so glad once my ceremony is over!:lmao:

I love all your pictures. I see in your profile you have a Nikon. I have a D40 and I just got a second lens the 55-200, there was a major deal on it at Best Buy at New Years. I want to get the Sigma 30mm and was all set to get it, but before I could the price went up, like, a lot!
Anywho since you take professional pics you probably have a better camera than the D40, but I thought I would share.

Ok. More! more! Keep asking Cathy questions so I don't have to :rotfl2:

popcorn:: popcorn::

I am not a big fan of the D40! Please don't shoot me! I know that a lot of people love it. For the price, it is a great camera, but it is not Nikon's best work. I've had a lot of people tell me that they have had problems with theirs.

In the picture I have a D50. It was one of Nikon's first digital SLR's and all of our equipment from our 35mm Nikon's fits on it. I love it!! It is also our cheaper camera, so it is usually the one we to the parks, etc.

In our studio, I use a D80. Great camera! I usually use Quantaray lenses, because they are a little cheaper than the Nikon ones, and they are awesome! You should check them out. The one in the studio that I use is a 18-200. We also have a Nikon lense that's 55-170, plus a couple of great macro lenses. Some of these are so big, that they are like paparazzi lenses! We can take pics of the moon with them. I would totally love to get some better ones, but I tend to break things - (I have already trashed two lenses with beach sand!) - so I can't justify spending the money on them right now.

I am hoping in about a year to upgrade cameras once again. Maybe a D300. We'll see. It depends on new technology!
Enjoy your camera!

We are thinking of a VR on DCL in 2012 for our 15th anni. We didn't get the wedding we wanted so my plan is to do it then. Keep us posted on how your VR plans go.

This sounds wonderful. 2012 is not that far away, especially once you start planning and realize everything that needs to get done! Congratulations on making it to 15 years! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter