• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tanya & Dan's VR DCL!!!Dec 4, 2009 MK & Epcot Photoshoot Pics Posted

The other issue I'm facing (well I have many!! :rotfl: ) is about my hair.
I normally wear it in a cute little pixie cut, so it is usually really short. I decided to try and grow it out for my VR, so it is a mess right now. I just want a small tiara and no veil. I don't know if I should cut it back off, let it grow, or get a wig!! :lmao:
This is the way it normally looks:
tanya20252.jpg

Suggestions?

Hi!! Your invitations are so cute! good luck getting your contract down to a managable price!!

Your little FG dress is so adorable!!

Wow Tanya!

I just got all caught up on your PJ. You have done so much so far. Everything looks great. I love your dress choices, good luck finding the perfect one.

You do have a cute pixie cut. I wonder if you are able to grow it out just a little if you'd be able to add bouncy curls around it - think Christina Applegate in Samantha Who and a short version of Kathryn Heigl's newer cut???? I'm sure you will come up with the perfect style/look for the VR.

I hope to be able to help with information regarding the Swan. Like Michelle said, your best bet is to probably cut down your contract to the bare minimum and then add on later. Their packages are very customizable.

I did not stay at the Swan, but keep checking their page and the discount page here on the Dis. They are always offering various discounts on their rooms.

Your kids are adorable!!

Lisa

Hi!! Your invitations are so cute! good luck getting your contract down to a managable price!!

Your little FG dress is so adorable!!

Thank you! I have another version of my invites that doesn't have the hidden mickey's behind them. I am so indecisive about things, so I pick like at least 2 of everything! :laughing: I've got to catch up on your PJ as well. I love that you are doing a VR too!

Wow Tanya!

I just got all caught up on your PJ. You have done so much so far. Everything looks great. I love your dress choices, good luck finding the perfect one.

You do have a cute pixie cut. I wonder if you are able to grow it out just a little if you'd be able to add bouncy curls around it - think Christina Applegate in Samantha Who and a short version of Kathryn Heigl's newer cut???? I'm sure you will come up with the perfect style/look for the VR.

I hope to be able to help with information regarding the Swan. Like Michelle said, your best bet is to probably cut down your contract to the bare minimum and then add on later. Their packages are very customizable.

I did not stay at the Swan, but keep checking their page and the discount page here on the Dis. They are always offering various discounts on their rooms.

Your kids are adorable!!

Lisa

Thanks so much! I am a compulsive planner. I want to get everything done way in advance so I don't worry about it.
Also, thanks for the hair advice. I have let it grow since that picture was taken. (It grows at a snail's pace) It's now down to just below my ears. I can probably get it about shoulder length by the ceremony. That's the way it was when I 1st got married, and there was enough for an updo and curls. I'll probably cut it all off again afterwards though!!:lmao:

School has started back for me, and I should be doing my homework, plus processing a foreclosure (I am a Realtor, as well as a photographer, and a full-time student.) Yet, here I am, enjoying the boards. :goodvibes
Both Randy Chapman and Michele from Justmarry got back with me today. The date that I want is open for both of them. I also found out that the deposits required for both is half of the contract price. Not too bad. I just paid a bunch of bills, including tuition and books, so it is going to be another month before I am able to book. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I'll still get my date!!!
With paying for school and the state of the economy, I am still nervous about booking everything. Dan, my DH, and I have talked about all of our options:
A VR on the cruise line sounds like a lot of fun, and we would get a vacation along with the VR for about the same price as the Swan. But I don't think that anyone would come with us. My mom could probably come along with her DF, and possibly Dan's sister and her DF. That would be it. We want to share the experience with others. So we go back to the Swan.
Then we could do a DFTW, but we would have to do an Escape package with the bare minimums, and that's not what I want. If I add in all the extras, we probably would have to do it in 2010 or 2011. Is it worth the wait? Can I justify spending that much money on a VR? People are losing their homes and their jobs, and I want to get married again? I feel like I am being really selfish!! At the same time, my DH and I never get to do anything for ourselves. We didn't even take a vacation last year. So we think that we should do this for ourselves, but maybe scale it down a bit. So again we come back to the Swan. It's on Disney property, and it can still be magical. And I still have the possibility of a castle shoot.
There is also the Shades of Green. I think that we are going to use it as a back up. The pics I have seen are really beautiful, and it is a lot less money, but there is no castle shoot. (We could do it in regular clothes, but that's not as fun!!) We would also have to do everything ourselves, and I think that I would rather pay the wedding planner to do some of it. I really want it to be pretty. So we are back to the Swan.
I guess I will just have to keep planning for now, and see what the next month brings us. We have 6 weddings booked to photograph already for the next couple of months(that's a lot for our area), plus our tax return coming. So I think that I will be okay. I might even have enough for a horse drawn carriage. We get a ton of stuff for the money, and I feel that it is a value. Especially compared to the very little we get with a DFTW. But this is a VR. So should I go all out?

So after much debating with my DH and family, we have decided to do a VR on the Disney Cruise Line. It will most likely be just myself, my DH, my DD & DS. I don't think that any of our family will be able to make it. So we are going to have a simple church ceremony when we get home with a dinner party afterwards. That way all of our family and friends will be with us to witness our vows, and we still get to do our dream wedding.
This whole thing started off with us being barefoot on the beach, and then we decided for the money we would spend on that, we would rather it be something worthwhile. So then we decided that we wanted to do it at Disney, but we can't afford the price tag of the DFTW. So then we went over to The Swan. But they have not been the nicest to me. Michele from Justmarry has been wonderful, but The Swan has not been helpful in anyway. Also, my DH and I do not like the locations that much for the ceremonies for our size group. Then I found out the amount of money it would be for something we really aren't excited about!! :eek: I want it to be what we imagined, not what I have to settle for.
Then there was the issue of the castle shoot. We want this so badly, and DPS said they would offer it to us, but only if we had our ceremony at the Swan, and only if we also stayed at the Swan. Then that turned into us also using them for the ceremony photography! Then they said that if we didn't book it soon, they might revoke their offer! I am not too happy with them at the moment. I don't want to put a huge deposit down on a location that I don't like for a photo shoot that I may not get!!! :scared1: I was planning on using Randy Chapman. But since I can't take him with me on the cruise, I might just book a session with him after our MK shoot.
So here is my new plan:
A short - probably 3 day cruise in Dec of 09 or Jan of 10 with a VR ceremony
I am hoping to get to do the ceremony on Castaway Cay.
I want to do a MK photo shoot when we return, along with breakfast at Chef Mickey's - ( I am determined to go there in my dress!!)
Possible photo shoot with Randy that same day
A couple of days at Disney for a little vacation - not a real Disneymoon with the kids
Then have a Cinderella themed at home ceremony when we return.

:banana: DCL is such a great option!! I'm so very excited for my VR on the beach! Yup, barefoot on the beach is the only way to go!! Your kids are going to love it! And compared to DFTW and S&D, it's such a deal!! :thumbsup2

Well....the 3 night on 12/10/09 is booked but you can call Cathy and see what other days will be available for your VR!

:banana: DCL is such a great option!! I'm so very excited for my VR on the beach! Yup, barefoot on the beach is the only way to go!! Your kids are going to love it! And compared to DFTW and S&D, it's such a deal!! :thumbsup2

Well....the 3 night on 12/10/09 is booked but you can call Cathy and see what other days will be available for your VR!

My DH & I are really excited now that we actually made a decision!! I have so many questions for you other DCL VR ladies!! But I will get to them eventually!

My SIL text message me today and said she would go with us!!!!:banana: I am so excited! I might be able to talk a few more people into going as well.
I am so glad we made this choice. I wish I could book it like now!! But we just got our WDW annual passes today!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: I am so excited - we are going to MK next week.

So it will have to wait for a month before we can book anything. I am hoping to do the three day cruise for Dec. 3-6. Hopefully, it won't get booked all up before we have the money to reserve it. But we are flexible on our dates.

Also, my DH wants to be really formal - tux with tails, etc. So I think that we will do it on deck 7 and save the extra $1,000 for our MK shoot. I don't know yet. I'll have to see how much money we make in the next couple of months, and what we get back on our tax return.

Here are some pictures of projects we've been working on...
bpo023.jpg

These are some of the things I got on sale after Christmas at Wal-Mart. The little bags I got for favors at $0.25 a piece. I got bows for decorations, but they will have to be for our church ceremony. These are the Mickey ornaments I am making for favors. I still have to tie bows on them and a loop for hanging.
bpo009.jpg

bpo010.jpg

Here is the first RB pillow I made. I don't really know how to sew, so the ears are a little lopsided on this one! :lmao: I think that it's going to end up going to my daughter. My DS said he wouldn't carry a pink pillow anyway.
Here is the second one I made:
bpo005.jpg
Bottom
bpo007.jpg

side view
bpo008.jpg

bpo003.jpg
Pew bows with larger mickey ornaments
My cake topper I scored for $20 - It's in my china cabinet with all my stuff from our 1st wedding
bpo001.jpg

My fabulous shoes!!!
bpo013.jpg

bpo015.jpg

bpo018.jpg

bpo022.jpg

If we do our VR on the beach, I'll get some flip flops too.
This is a stainless steel ring I found on ebay for CHEAP for my DH. He's going to wear it on his right hand. I am getting a small diamond anniversary band.
bpo057.jpg

Well, I better get back to work..:rolleyes1

LOVE LOVE LOVE the shoes!! And the pillows are so cute!!

WOW Tux with tails!! How handsome! i hope it's not to hot though! 12/3-6 is great! You can hurry back and tell me all about it before i go! :lmao:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the shoes!! And the pillows are so cute!!

WOW Tux with tails!! How handsome! i hope it's not to hot though! 12/3-6 is great! You can hurry back and tell me all about it before i go! :lmao:

Thanks! :goodvibes Ebay is my best friend at the moment!!
I think it's funny that my DH and I are exact opposits. I think cruise VR with a beach ceremony and barefeet, and he thinks tux with tails! LOL :rotfl: We are opposite in everyway, but it is a good match for us.

We live in South FL, so we are unfortunately used to this horrible hot weather. Even I won't venture out to the mouse's house in the summer!! But it is usually really pleasant in Dec., so I think we will be ok. Plus, there are usually no hurricanes at this time either. It's usually in the upper 60's to low 80's this time of year. Much better than the 100+ that it gets in the summer.
I feel for all those brides at SBP in June and July!! :lmao:

And adorable children. I love all of your ideas and plans. That blue ring pillow is something!

The other issue I'm facing (well I have many!! :rotfl: ) is about my hair.
I normally wear it in a cute little pixie cut, so it is usually really short. I decided to try and grow it out for my VR, so it is a mess right now. I just want a small tiara and no veil. I don't know if I should cut it back off, let it grow, or get a wig!! :lmao:
Suggestions?

I think you shoudl grow it out just a bit to curl it... you can always cut it before the wedidng if you dont like it :)

My fabulous shoes!!!
bpo013.jpg

This is a stainless steel ring I found on ebay for CHEAP for my DH. He's going to wear it on his right hand. I am getting a small diamond anniversary band.
bpo057.jpg

Well, I better get back to work..:rolleyes1

WHERE did you get these shoes from??? Ilove shoes and I love changing shoes so I was considering a blue pair for the church!

The ring is wonderful I have to show this to DF

Your crafts are wonderful and so fun by the way!:thumbsup2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderelliT
The other issue I'm facing (well I have many!! ) is about my hair.
I normally wear it in a cute little pixie cut, so it is usually really short. I decided to try and grow it out for my VR, so it is a mess right now. I just want a small tiara and no veil. I don't know if I should cut it back off, let it grow, or get a wig!!
Suggestions?

Mrsdisneyb2b I think you shoudl grow it out just a bit to curl it... you can always cut it before the wedidng if you dont like it

Good call, you have a few months to play with it and decide, also you could alway keep with a beachy theme and just put an orchid or another exotic flower in your hair. I think it will beautiful whatever you decide!

Love the pillows, so cute! Your kids are so sweet, they are probably more excited then you guys for a disney cruise and wedding huh?:thumbsup2

Good call, you have a few months to play with it and decide, also you could alway keep with a beachy theme and just put an orchid or another exotic flower in your hair. I think it will beautiful whatever you decide!

Love the pillows, so cute! Your kids are so sweet, they are probably more excited then you guys for a disney cruise and wedding huh?:thumbsup2

My kids are way too excited!!!! They keep talking about going to see Cinderella's castle, and my daughter keeps asking when we get to be princesses. It is so sweet. I am very happy to be able to do this with them. It is very meaningful.

Thank you to everyone for your kind words. I am getting really excited about everything, and it's still a year away! LOL! :rotfl: I don't even have a date anymore, since I have to wait to book. But I'm flexible.

As for my hair...I should post another picture. :lmao: That last pic was taken in Oct. for my pageant head shot, and I have been letting it grow since then. It looks really awful at the moment, but I'm going to hang on for a few more months, and then it will be close to a bob.

My shoes came from ebay - the seller is from the UK. Their ebay name is footwear-studio. The title of my shoes is Turquoise blue satin lace wedding bridal shoes

The ring came from ebayer - salsboutique
It is a little thinner than I expected, but it's great for the price.

We are going to the Mouse's House on Tuesday!!! I can't wait!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

School and work have kept me busy for most of this week. Plus I got to go to the Magic Kingdom this past Tues. princess: It was like the coldest day of the year hear in FL, and it was more than this FL girl could handle. I will have to post some pics soon, b/c we did get some really cute ones of the kids with many characters. We pretty much spent the whole day meeting characters. I could have used some pixie dust, b/c I was plagued by anxiety and panic attacks the whole day!!! :sad2: I was hoping to stay for the fireworks, but I could not do it - between the cold and feeling so sick, we decided to just go home. I think that we are going to try to go again next week, but my DH wants to go to MGM - or Hollywood Studios - whatever they call it now.
I am going to have to Xanax myself and really watch what I eat when we go again. I feel like I totally spoiled the day for my family.

On another note - My mom called today and said that she is getting married on Valentine's Day!!! It's like 2 weeks away, and she wants me to help plan her wedding, plus I have 4 weddings to photograph between now and then!!!! :crazy2:

I did also get a stuffed Mickey and Minnie that are in wedding attire for the cake table. However, they are kind of big, so I may not take them on the cruise with me.
I also got postcards to use as my RSVP's for the invites. I have a total of 12, and I am going to need about 12 more.
That's about it for now. I have a wedding in Ft. Myers to shoot tomorrow - which I am very excited about - and then hopefully enough money to book my cruise. Here's to wishingpixiedust:

pixiedust: Hope you hear from DFTW today about available dates!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter