Tangled

I wonder if all the comparisons to the 1990's "classics" are related to Glen Keane's involvement in this, his first Disney Project since 2003.

I just got back from seeing this, it destroyed my expectations in the best way thinkable.

I can't really say anything bad about this, I personally rank it up there with Little Mermaid. :eek:
This is EXACTLY how I felt today after watching Tangled! Three generations of my familys' girls went today and we all loved it. Great humor, action, characters, animation and yes, I even liked the music.

Very PLEASANTLY surprised by this movie and I agree with other posters, up there with The Little Mermaid, except for the songs which were just below LM's caliber. Great movie, can't wait to get it on blu-ray!!

My boyfriend and I are college kids and we went to see spontaneously in 3D. I confess that we went in with low expectations but came out totally in love with the movie. The lantern scene was breath taking!! I definitely cried during some parts.
I didn't feel it was an instant classic yet it it was endearing in its own way.

I loved the 3D - seeing the depth it added to the screen, and that magical moment when the two lanterns were floating right in front of your face and everywhere in the theater I could see these little hands reaching for them (I read about that in a review earlier, so I was watching for that part, so precious to hear all these little voices laughing and see those hands reaching, pure Disney magic).

There is also a scene where a butterfly appears to fly from behind you as you are watching, and into the screen to land on Flynn's face. My daughter was totally impressed by that, and when it happened this little toddler behind me just laughed.

3D is totally the way to go with this movie, IMHO.

This is really my point in saying that 3d was a waste - those were the only two scenes in the film that gave the viewer the "wow 3d is cool" thought. The lantern scene was admittedly made for 3d - the butterfly one just seemed like a gratuitous additon for 3d and only lasted a few seconds. Our family discussed it after the film and even the kids (their first 3d film other than the shorts you get at WDW) weren't impressed. These were the only two scenes we could think of where 3d added anyting.

For me, for 3d to be worth the extra ching, I want to have the feeling that 3d added an incredible element to the film (Avitar) rather than having a few memorable moments.

I saw it on Thanksgiving with my BF, sister, and our friend and we all loved it. It was my sister's second time seeing it. On black friday I went out and bought all three colors of the Pascal doll at the disney store because I absolutely loved him. My BF and I laughed hysterically when Maximus shredded the paper with his teeth. :rotfl: LOVEDDDD it!

Most of the children like to watch animated movies & I think new released movie TANGLED is surely liked by Everyone. It's one of the best animated movie of this year..!!! :cool1::cool1:

This is really my point in saying that 3d was a waste - those were the only two scenes in the film that gave the viewer the "wow 3d is cool" thought. The lantern scene was admittedly made for 3d - the butterfly one just seemed like a gratuitous additon for 3d and only lasted a few seconds. Our family discussed it after the film and even the kids (their first 3d film other than the shorts you get at WDW) weren't impressed. These were the only two scenes we could think of where 3d added anyting.

For me, for 3d to be worth the extra ching, I want to have the feeling that 3d added an incredible element to the film (Avitar) rather than having a few memorable moments.

No, there were a couple of amazing 3D moments, but the entire film had such depth in 3D. I don't think it was a waste, and enjoyed the 3D every moment.

But that's just my opinion :)

I saw it for the first time yesterday and I loved it. I really want to go back and see it again.

I agree with the people saying that the songs aren't up there with the likes of BatB, Little Mermaid etc but I can honestly say it didn't matter all that much to me (Even though I am really into my disney songs) I felt the film had enough charm and humour to carry it, I enjoyed it that much I hardly thought about how good the songs were lol

I loved Pascal & Maximus, they were brilliant. I also loved Flynn but for me Rapunzel was my favourite. She is so sweet and almost child like as she left the tower. When they got to the kingdom she reminded me of me during my 1st visit to WDW, full of excitement whilst trying to take in all the sites around me.

This film most deffinately ranks among my top 10 Disney films. I'd say one of the best they've done in a while :love:

I thought it was a classic Disney...

they are slowly bringing back the old Dis style ... Princess & The Frog... Tangled (Rapunzel) its good.... they need more musical Disney movies so that they dont loose the magic they have had for many years... as much as i love Pixar i think they need to make a good Dis classic too...

Tangled was brill and ive seen it 2 already dont think its been a massive success in the UK in gerneral not heard many people that have seen it... popcorn::

I went to see this on Friday - it was brilliant!! It wasn't what I was expecting at all and I was crying buckets at the end of it - definately worth going to see if you haven't already seen it!!

I loved this film. I can't wait to see it again. It was so cool meeting them at WDW last year

It is such a wonderful movie !!

The songs are brilliant and I cried at some scenes.....

By the way....I´m really proud to have this:

:thumbsup2

Seeing it FINALLY for the first time today, thanks to my DBF!
It was released here in November, but I got really sick on opening weekend, which I had slated I was going to see it. Well that put a damper on my plans and I haven't had the chance to see it... UNTIL NOW!

It is such a wonderful movie !!

The songs are brilliant and I cried at some scenes.....

By the way....I´m really proud to have this:

:thumbsup2

That is amazing! Is it autographed by the animators? May I ask how you came to own it?

That is amazing! Is it autographed by the animators? May I ask how you came to own it?

Thank you. :)

Yes it´s autographed by a lot of persons who works at the movie. Animators, producers... :worship:

How I came to own it? A long story:

My other hobby beside Walt Disney is Bruce Springsteen. I am one of three people who run the Bruce Springsteen Fan Club in Germany with a quartely magazine. We are a non profit fan club by fans for fans. :thumbsup2

I interviewed some people and meet quite a lot at concerts and tours all over the world. :thumbsup2

One of them was a animator who works for Disney and she still does. We became friends over the music of Springsteen and sometimes she sends me some drawings or autographs like this one. :scared1:

We are good friends.....:hug:

This one is amazing animation movie, I really enjoyed it. It has fantastic plot and what a creation by Nathan Greno, Byron Howard. They Both have done great job.

Definately an enjoyable movie and one I intend to buy when it comes out here on DVD. I loved Maximus especially his expression when Flynn said he bought "most" of the apples.

So I saw Tangled on New Year's Eve with my friend Steph before heading over to my grandma's to watch the ball drop, and I must say that movie had me laughing almost the entire time. It was funny, adorable, and very enjoyable ;) and this is coming from an 18 yr old girl who is not ashamed of her love for disney cartoons :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter