Talk DVC with the Dis Dads

Here's my timeline for those that are considering purchasing resale.

Gives you a good idea of how and when things happen.

5/15/2013 Offer made

5/16/2013 Offer Accepted

5/22/2013 Contract Received, Signed, Faxed Back

5/24/2013 Sent to Disney for ROFR

6/17/2013. Received Email from Sharon - Passed ROFR

6/20/2013 Received Email from Contracts Department Agent - Passed ROFR.

6/27/2013 Received Closing Docs via Email

6/27/2013 Overnight-ed signed Closing Docs with Funds.

6/28/2013 Closing Company received closing docs.

7/2/2013 Contract Closed.

7/8/2013 Deed recorded on Orange County Comptroller Website

7/15/2013 Call to DVC Member Accounting - received Member # and booked first stay!!

2 months to the day from Offer to first Booking. :thumbsup2

Here's my timeline for those that are considering purchasing resale.

Gives you a good idea of how and when things happen.

5/15/2013 Offer made

5/16/2013 Offer Accepted

5/22/2013 Contract Received, Signed, Faxed Back

5/24/2013 Sent to Disney for ROFR

6/17/2013. Received Email from Sharon - Passed ROFR

6/20/2013 Received Email from Contracts Department Agent - Passed ROFR.

6/27/2013 Received Closing Docs via Email

6/27/2013 Overnight-ed signed Closing Docs with Funds.

6/28/2013 Closing Company received closing docs.

7/2/2013 Contract Closed.

7/8/2013 Deed recorded on Orange County Comptroller Website

7/15/2013 Call to DVC Member Accounting - received Member # and booked first stay!!

2 months to the day from Offer to first Booking. :thumbsup2

Thanks Scott for posting that. I could probably search thru my stuff, but that sounds about right. TSS emailed their contracts, and they used Magic Vacation Title, which sent us stuff before we got official deed. But, even if they were a little faster, this sums up the process really well.

When we added thru Disney, the points were in our account before I got the contracts to sign. But, I was already a DVC member at that point.

Ultimately, we paid a lot less thru resale on our BWV Contract and glad we did that. Since we only did a 75 point add on at BLT, it was almost worth it. But, if we had done a resale, we could have got another 20 points or so for the same price, which translates to 1 more studio night. One more night at Disney would be much better.

This thread has been quiet for a while....

First off thanks to Norm, Stopher, and all the other DVCers with you knowlege and insight. I read through this entire thread last night and this morning.

Congratulations SCOTT!! I didn't know you pulled the trigger! :thumbsup2

After our stay at AKL DW & I are seriously thinking we NEED not want DVC.

QURSTIONS:::

So since you can have 5ppl in a studio or one bedroom, does that mean you can have 10 in a 2 BR? Wondering about future trips with friends/family.

Can you book a room 11/7 months out with no available points? Say my UY is Feb and I want to book a room in March. 7 months prior I've already used my points for the current year.

How many years can you bank/borrow points?

The cons of having two member #s and UY (like I do) is keeping up with different banking/borrowing windows. The pros are that since we like to take trips twice a year, I never have to use my points in the last four months of a UY, avoiding holding point complications..
Can you explain 'holding'?

After our stay at AKL DW & I are seriously thinking we NEED not want DVC.

QURSTIONS:::

So since you can have 5ppl in a studio or one bedroom, does that mean you can have 10 in a 2 BR? Wondering about future trips with friends/family.

Can you book a room 11/7 months out with no available points? Say my UY is Feb and I want to book a room in March. 7 months prior I've already used my points for the current year.

How many years can you bank/borrow points?

Can you explain 'holding'?

You can only have 5 in the studio if a child is under 3. All studios are 4 only. The VGF is the only studio for 5. The 1 BRs at AKV, BLT, and OKW sleep 5, and the 2 BRs there would sleep 9. The 10th could be there if a child under 3.

The other 1 BRs still only sleep 4. There is floor space for extra mattress, but that would be against Disney rules and they wouldn't get a KTTW card if not registered. The difference is a "sleeper chair", which the other resort rooms do not allegedly have the floor space to include. I would have to look at VGF for numbers.

As for banking/borrowing, you borrow whatever number of points needed at time of booking. As for banking, you have to bank points at end of 7th month. Once you do the transaction, then you can't undo.

AT maximum, you can use three years of points at once - bank 2013 forward, 2014 points, borrow 2015 points. In that scenario, if you unbooked the vacation, you would still have to use all the banked/borrowed points in 2014, or they would expire. You could still bank your 2014 points forward. There are also once yearly, one time usage additional point purchase (up to 25 points) to fill out the number needed, but you can only do that at 7 month reservations.

If you cancel a trip within 30 days prior to arrival, those points become "holding points" which means you can't bank or borrow them, would expire at the end of UY, and can only be used to book a reservation 2 or 4 months (?) before the actual arrival date. As long as you make changes before the 30 day arrival date, then there are no holding points. I think this may happen at waitlists, unless you do the 30 day option.

In your question above, if you had used all your Feb 2014 points and wanted to stay in March 2014, then you would borrow from your Feb 2015 points to stay in March 2014.

If you had used all your Feb 2014 points and wanted to stay in Jan 2014, then you would not have any points to borrow as the UY doesn't start until Feb.

Thanks for the answers. So basically since we are now a family of5, when the baby turns 3 and we wanted to stay in a studio, we'd have to stay at AKL, BTL or OKW?

Trying to figure out what resort is 'right' for us.

Thanks for the answers. So basically since we are now a family of5, when the baby turns 3 and we wanted to stay in a studio, we'd have to stay at AKL, BTL or OKW?

Trying to figure out what resort is 'right' for us.

Once the baby turns 3, you'll only be able to stay in a studio at Villas of Grand Floridean.

At age 3, you'll have to stay at a 1 BR at AKV, BLT, OKW, & VGF. And, that would be AKV at Kidani, not Jambo house.

The pros for staying at a 1 BR at BLT and AKV Kidani is that you get two bathrooms.

Once the baby turns 3, you'll only be able to stay in a studio at Villas of Grand Floridean.

At age 3, you'll have to stay at a 1 BR at AKV, BLT, OKW, & VGF. And, that would be AKV at Kidani, not Jambo house.

The pros for staying at a 1 BR at BLT and AKV Kidani is that you get two bathrooms.
Another DVCer told me that you can stay in a studio with 5. It is a DVC secret. I wonder if that person is messing with me because he is my nemesis.

Melody is most interested in the 1BRs but I was thinking studios would be better to save some points on shorter trips.

Another DVCer told me that you can stay in a studio with 5. It is a DVC secret. I wonder if that person is messing with me because he is my nemesis.

Melody is most interested in the 1BRs but I was thinking studios would be better to save some points on shorter trips.

5 people are not being booked in the studio (other than VGF), unless one is a child under age 3.

I have figured out how to bypass that rule as well, but we aren't allowed to post how to bypass the Disney rules in the boards. I imagine many do it, and the worse thing that could happen is they make you leave or forfeit your contract? I don't know, but I don't plan on worrying about it on vacation or trying to take on Disney's legal team.

I only have a family of four, so that is not applicable to me. DW said that she remembers, as a child, her dad telling her to lie about her age so he could get the kids meal price at restaurants. We decided not to be that guy.

5 people are not being booked in the studio (other than VGF), unless one is a child under age 3.

I have figured out how to bypass that rule as well, but we aren't allowed to post how to bypass the Disney rules in the boards. I imagine many do it, and the worse thing that could happen is they make you leave or forfeit your contract? I don't know, but I don't plan on worrying about it on vacation or trying to take on Disney's legal team.

I only have a family of four, so that is not applicable to me. DW said that she remembers, as a child, her dad telling her to lie about her age so he could get the kids meal price at restaurants. We decided not to be that guy.
I wasn't trying to circumvent the system I was just trying to get clarification. Disney has made their system for families of 4. Once you are a family a 5 your options are slim or very pricey. I will have a child under 3 for 2 more years. After that we might just pick straws or play rock, paper, scissors to determine who we leave behind. :scratchin

I wasn't trying to circumvent the system I was just trying to get clarification. Disney has made their system for families of 4. Once you are a family a 5 your options are slim or very pricey. I will have a child under 3 for 2 more years. After that we might just pick straws or play rock, paper, scissors to determine who we leave behind. :scratchin

Agreed. The all star suites and new AoA were Disney's attempt to solve that family of five thing, but I think it still fell a bit short. On the DVC side, I can't understand how an entire extra room can be added to create 1 BR units, and they still only sleep 4. That makes no sense to me at all. But, it doesn't seem like Disney's business plan is hurting. :lmao:

And, I'm not accusing or condemning, just posting DVC rules. There is another one out there, "walking a DVC reservation" that I hate, but it is a legal possibility.

Agreed. The all star suites and new AoA were Disney's attempt to solve that family of five thing, but I think it still fell a bit short. On the DVC side, I can't understand how an entire extra room can be added to create 1 BR units, and they still only sleep 4. That makes no sense to me at all. But, it doesn't seem like Disney's business plan is hurting. :lmao:

And, I'm not accusing or condemning, just posting DVC rules. There is another one out there, "walking a DVC reservation" that I hate, but it is a legal possibility.
Once again Norm, thanks for answering my questions... now here are a few more. Please don't feel obligated to answer as I will take a response from any other poster following this thread.

1) In a 1 BR, does the BR always have just one bed? I've been reading tons of threads and it seems that the 1BR always consists of a king size bed. If this is true, what is the point to rent a 1BR? I want to be able to get the kids to sleep in a room while DW & I relax, watch some TV, do laundry, get all of the next days supplies together- Not have them sleeping on a pullout couch in front of the TV that I want to be watching.

2) Once you bank your points you have lost access to them till the next use year? Say (for this questions sake) I have 100 points for Feb UY 2013. I book a room in September 2013 for 75 points. I bank the remaining 25 points. In December I decide I want to take a weekend trip in January 2014. So those 25 points I banked are unavailable. Would I be borrowing from my 2014 to book the Jan. room?

3) I know what date we will be vacationing....say December 1, 2014. My home resort is AKV but we want to stay at BLT. Can I book my home resort AKV in January then in April (7 months out) change my reservation to BLT? Are there any penalties to do this. Is this a common practice?

4) If buying resale, are there advantages to buying a contract by use year. Does it really matter when the UY is?

5) We stayed at OKW marathon weekend 2013 and we really liked it there. I see a resale contract that is 300 points @$60pp. I'd love to jump on that due to the amount of points and the price which I'm sure could be negotiated for a few $ less per point. What I cant wrap my head around is buying OKW with an expiration on 2042. I'll 'only' be 65. Why would I want my DVC to expire when I hit retirement age. Should I want to be able to bring my grandkids with us? How do the current OKW 2042 get turned into the 2057 (or is it '54?) Is that even possible? Or are these new expiration date contracts 'brand new' contracts being sold by Disney?

6) Does your UY points get 'loaded' on the first day of that month?

7) is there a site that compares the asking price of a DVC contract to the sale price? Just searching for some numbers...

Sorry for all the questions... just trying to get a grasp on everything.

I'll give Norm a break and answer a few.

1) In a 1 BR, does the BR always have just one bed? I've been reading tons of threads and it seems that the 1BR always consists of a king size bed. If this is true, what is the point to rent a 1BR? I want to be able to get the kids to sleep in a room while DW & I relax, watch some TV, do laundry, get all of the next days supplies together- Not have them sleeping on a pullout couch in front of the TV that I want to be watching.

Yes, only a King. A very comfortable King. Why a 1BR? Space, full size kitchen, laundry machines in the room… You have your own TV in the BR so you can crash out there for the night. Depending on how deep your kids sleep, you can also do laundry and go to the kitchen for snacks, beverages etc. At that age, the Pirate Princess usually was a heavy sleeper and if I didn’t bang things together, I could come and go while she would sleep through the night. The bathrooms can be isolated so if you want to take a bath or use the turbo toilet, you can without bothering the kids.

2) Once you bank your points you have lost access to them till the next use year? Say (for this questions sake) I have 100 points for Feb UY 2013. I book a room in September 2013 for 75 points. I bank the remaining 25 points. In December I decide I want to take a weekend trip in January 2014. So those 25 points I banked are unavailable. Would I be borrowing from my 2014 to book the Jan. room?

Once banked, they cannot be used until the banked use year starts. Under your scenario, yes, you would be borrowing from the next year. Not a problem if you make sure you; 1. Take the Jan. vacation and 2. Use (or rent) the banked points in the following year. In all my years of DVC I only lost 2 points because I changed an accommodation with borrowed points and the new room required less points.

Actually did not lose them because I extended a day and used the one time option to rent the points from Disney.

3) I know what date we will be vacationing....say December 1, 2014. My home resort is AKV but we want to stay at BLT. Can I book my home resort AKV in January then in April (7 months out) change my reservation to BLT? Are there any penalties to do this. Is this a common practice?

Very common practice and no penalties. By taking advantage of the 11 month window, you are guaranteed a room for when you want to go. At 7 months, you can then try to change (or wait list) at another resort. I used this strategy many times with success unless it is a very busy time of year. Not always, but most of the time. If it doesn’t work out, you still have the original reservation.

4) If buying resale, are there advantages to buying a contract by use year. Does it really matter when the UY is?

When I added on, I got the same use year as the first contract just to keep things simple. To me, I really don’t think the UY date matters but I know others believe differently.

5) We stayed at OKW marathon weekend 2013 and we really liked it there. I see a resale contract that is 300 points @$60pp. I'd love to jump on that due to the amount of points and the price which I'm sure could be negotiated for a few $ less per point. What I cant wrap my head around is buying OKW with an expiration on 2042. I'll 'only' be 65. Why would I want my DVC to expire when I hit retirement age. Should I want to be able to bring my grandkids with us? How do the current OKW 2042 get turned into the 2057 (or is it '54?) Is that even possible? Or are these new expiration date contracts 'brand new' contracts being sold by Disney?

Since I will be dead and gone or too feeble to go to WDW long before my contract espires, I didn’t care if the kid could keep going. There was a brief period where they offered an extension of the expiration date at OKW. To my knowledge, they no longer offer it (and did not extend the offer to other resorts) so unless the contract is already extended, you do not have that option. It should also be reflected in the price of the contracts. A resort that expires in 2042 should be less expensive (all things being equal) than those expiring later. If it is an issue with you, then go with a resort that expires later but you will probably be paying more per point.

6) Does your UY points get 'loaded' on the first day of that month?

Yep. June 1, I get my full compliment of points.

7) is there a site that compares the asking price of a DVC contract to the sale price? Just searching for some numbers...

Sure there are but since I never bought resale, I don’t know of any. NORM?

Sorry for all the questions... just trying to get a grasp on everything.

Can't you tell we hate answering questions about DVC?

I'll give Norm a break and answer a few.
Thanks CJ... I think I was wearing Norm down. :rotfl2:

Yes, only a King. A very comfortable King. Why a 1BR? Space, full size kitchen, laundry machines in the room… You have your own TV in the BR so you can crash out there for the night. Depending on how deep your kids sleep, you can also do laundry and go to the kitchen for snacks, beverages etc. At that age, the Pirate Princess usually was a heavy sleeper and if I didn’t bang things together, I could come and go while she would sleep through the night. The bathrooms can be isolated so if you want to take a bath or use the turbo toilet, you can without bothering the kids.
I see your point.... just wish the 1BR had queens. But I guess it would be nice to have the bedroom to ourselves.

Once banked, they cannot be used until the banked use year starts. Under your scenario, yes, you would be borrowing from the next year. Not a problem if you make sure you; 1. Take the Jan. vacation and 2. Use (or rent) the banked points in the following year. In all my years of DVC I only lost 2 points because I changed an accommodation with borrowed points and the new room required less points.
I'll assume when you bank points that when you book the next year those banked points automatically get used first... or do you have to specifically have to chose banked points vs UY points?

Actually did not lose them because I extended a day and used the one time option to rent the points from Disney.
One time as in one time ever or one time a year?

Very common practice and no penalties. By taking advantage of the 11 month window, you are guaranteed a room for when you want to go. At 7 months, you can then try to change (or wait list) at another resort. I used this strategy many times with success unless it is a very busy time of year. Not always, but most of the time. If it doesn’t work out, you still have the original reservation.
That's good to know. Makes sense to me but I didn't know if it was a common practice. Guess we have to plan our trips much further ahead than we have been.

When I added on, I got the same use year as the first contract just to keep things simple. To me, I really don’t think the UY date matters but I know others believe differently.
Cool. :thumbsup2

Since I will be dead and gone or too feeble to go to WDW long before my contract espires, I didn’t care if the kid could keep going. There was a brief period where they offered an extension of the expiration date at OKW. To my knowledge, they no longer offer it (and did not extend the offer to other resorts) so unless the contract is already extended, you do not have that option. It should also be reflected in the price of the contracts. A resort that expires in 2042 should be less expensive (all things being equal) than those expiring later. If it is an issue with you, then go with a resort that expires later but you will probably be paying more per point.
This is narrowing down my decision of what resort... I'm thinking AKL might be the way for us go.... :scratchin

Yep. June 1, I get my full compliment of points.
Cool!

Sure there are but since I never bought resale, I don’t know of any. NORM?
There is a thread here on the DIS but I didn't know if there was another list somewhere.

Can't you tell we hate answering questions about DVC?
Yea, looks like I was pulling teeth to get some answers.

Congratulations SCOTT!! I didn't know you pulled the trigger! :thumbsup2

Thanks Tim - yeah we bought back in May on the resale market.

We're excited to take our first trip as DVC Members in April. It won't be our first BLT stay, but it's the first one as owners there.

Getting back to the family of 5 discussion - I've read that DVC is pretty flexible on the party of 5 in a 1 bedroom even at the resorts that don't have a true 5 person accommodation. I believe at the resorts that are 4 person one bedrooms, they will add a 5th person to your reservation but only if you realize that they will not be providing bedding for that person. In other words, bring yourself an extra set of sheets and maybe an air mattress and you'll be all set at those resorts.

Probably not a resort you'd want to be owners at, but an option nonetheless.

I see your point.... just wish the 1BR had queens. But I guess it would be nice to have the bedroom to ourselves.

I'll assume when you bank points that when you book the next year those banked points automatically get used first... or do you have to specifically have to chose banked points vs UY points?

One time as in one time ever or one time a year?

That's good to know. Makes sense to me but I didn't know if it was a common practice. Guess we have to plan our trips much further ahead than we have been.

Cool. :thumbsup2

This is narrowing down my decision of what resort... I'm thinking AKL might be the way for us go.... :scratchin

Cool!

There is a thread here on the DIS but I didn't know if there was another list somewhere.

Yea, looks like I was pulling teeth to get some answers.

No need to worry about asking questions.

The 1 BR has the king in bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the living room. The ones that have 5 have the sleeper chair in the living room as well. On this last trip, I woke up at OKW in the 1 BR before everyone else and would just sit on the deck outside. I did miss having the coffee as I didn't want to wake anyone. I could have moved the pot outside on the table the previous day.

When I booked online, it prompted me to use my banked points first. Before that, when I called MS, I asked them to use the banked points first - no problem. I have done the opposite of your scenario - borrowed points for a longer trip, shortened a day, had to keep the borrowed points for that trip, and banked the one day to the next year.

As for the one time a year usage points, you can do them once a year, every year (until it changes), but only at the 7 month window.

As CJ said, many book at 11 month and then switch at 7 month. That is a great way to try new resorts. If you like split stays, you don't have to change the whole reservation. If you have 7 days at AKV, then you could keep 4 at AKV and go for 3 at BKT. No fees.

As far as the UY, many people say it doesn't make sense as your life will change overtime. For example, we have gone every October school Fall Break for 5 years. We have a September UY. We have to bank points by the of April (our banking window). This is ideal for us, because if something happened in October or in April Spring Break, we could cancel the trip and bank points forward. If there was holding points, we have all summer to use those points on vacation. 10 years from now, when my dds are out of school, it may not be an issue.

The best advice with UY is to select the one based on the time you think you will travel most often in the first six months.

As far as the home resort, my advice is to pick the resort you want to stay in, or the one you are OK with staying in. We initially bought into SSR, and while it is a nice resort, we really don't like the "resort" style with everything spread out so far, having the long outside walk to the main area, and having the multiple bus stops in the resort. We really like the hotel style of the Boardwalk, BLT, AKV. So, we sold SSR and bought into BWV and are much happier there.

Thanks Tim - yeah we bought back in May on the resale market.
That's awesome. I'm looking resale as well. I hope I can find something for us in a the next few months. We have a cruise planned in September and were thinking of staying deluxe for 4 days after. For the price for the 4 days I could be paying my DVC dues and have money left over. :teacher:

We're excited to take our first trip as DVC Members in April. It won't be our first BLT stay, but it's the first one as owners there.
I know you were talking about looking for a 200 point contract. Is that what you ended up getting?

Getting back to the family of 5 discussion - I've read that DVC is pretty flexible on the party of 5 in a 1 bedroom even at the resorts that don't have a true 5 person accommodation. I believe at the resorts that are 4 person one bedrooms, they will add a 5th person to your reservation but only if you realize that they will not be providing bedding for that person. In other words, bring yourself an extra set of sheets and maybe an air mattress and you'll be all set at those resorts.

Probably not a resort you'd want to be owners at, but an option nonetheless.
This sounds like what Barry was telling me. I think to be safe we have to look at resorts that allow 5 to own at.

No need to worry about asking questions.

The 1 BR has the king in bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the living room. The ones that have 5 have the sleeper chair in the living room as well. On this last trip, I woke up at OKW in the 1 BR before everyone else and would just sit on the deck outside. I did miss having the coffee as I didn't want to wake anyone. I could have moved the pot outside on the table the previous day.
I guess I could just stick 3 kids in the bedroom and Melody and I could sleep on a pull out sofa. :rolleyes2

When I booked online, it prompted me to use my banked points first. Before that, when I called MS, I asked them to use the banked points first - no problem. I have done the opposite of your scenario - borrowed points for a longer trip, shortened a day, had to keep the borrowed points for that trip, and banked the one day to the next year.
Oh that's good to know too. :thumbsup2

As for the one time a year usage points, you can do them once a year, every year (until it changes), but only at the 7 month window.
How many points are you allowed to purchase? At what price?

As CJ said, many book at 11 month and then switch at 7 month. That is a great way to try new resorts. If you like split stays, you don't have to change the whole reservation. If you have 7 days at AKV, then you could keep 4 at AKV and go for 3 at BKT. No fees.
Oh cool. That's not a bad idea either. So we could do like a studio for 3 days at AKV say, then move to a 1BR for 4 days and save on some points that way.

As far as the UY, many people say it doesn't make sense as your life will change overtime. For example, we have gone every October school Fall Break for 5 years. We have a September UY. We have to bank points by the of April (our banking window). This is ideal for us, because if something happened in October or in April Spring Break, we could cancel the trip and bank points forward. If there was holding points, we have all summer to use those points on vacation. 10 years from now, when my dds are out of school, it may not be an issue.

The best advice with UY is to select the one based on the time you think you will travel most often in the first six months.
Good to know. I think buying resale, I have to look at the resort, amount of points, and price before I concentrate on UY. If the stars aligned and I could get like August that would be awesome.

As far as the home resort, my advice is to pick the resort you want to stay in, or the one you are OK with staying in. We initially bought into SSR, and while it is a nice resort, we really don't like the "resort" style with everything spread out so far, having the long outside walk to the main area, and having the multiple bus stops in the resort. We really like the hotel style of the Boardwalk, BLT, AKV. So, we sold SSR and bought into BWV and are much happier there.

I think we are leaning toward AKV for a few reasons:
1) the longer expiration of the contract
2) allow 5 ppl in room
3) some of the cheaper $ per point
4) we truly love the resort and if we got 'stuck' staying there we wouldn't mind
5) we rent a car most of the time so the distance doesn't bother us

downside
1) distance from parks/no monorail
2) some of the highest maintenance fees
3) rooms seem a little 'dark' with all the wood

Taken from the DIS.....

I am starting a new thread for following ROFR. I will do second half of 2013 (July-Dec) and I want to do it a tad differently. I want to list: price/pt, total cost (include price/pt plus closing you pay, mf you pay and admin fee if you pay for a grand total), number of points, resort, use year (UY) and how many '11, '12, '13 and '14 points it comes with...then post when it went to ROFR and when you get results (come back and post date and result...like on the other thread).

Example: Lovin'fl---$60-$3325-50-HHI-Aug-0/'11, 0/'12, 0/'13, 50/'14-sent 6/14, passed 7/9 (cut and paste this to your post and change to your own info...please).
Price/pt-total cost (see above paragraph)-# of pts-resort-UY-pts it comes with-when sent, when passed or taken

You may include other details in your post, more specific details, if you like. But, also, please cut and paste the above example and then input your own data. I will copy to list in this first post. I am looking for any folks who, either, went to ROFR or got results on ROFR in the month of July and forward even if you are in other thread already (just re-post here if you like). I will update (almost) daily.

Here is a link to old thread's list (and even older data is on 1st page of that thread): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3001288&page=161

PASSED :)
AKV:
geniegirl---$72-$14,850-185-AKV-Dec-185/'12, 185/'13, 184/'14-sent 6/6, passed 7/8
MickeyT---$76-$13,547.20-160-AKV-Dec-79/'11,160/'12, 160/'13, 160/'14-sent 6/14, passed 7/9
RobynPrincess---$65.25-$18000-320-AKV-Dec- 85/'12 320/'13 320/'14- sent 7/23, passed 8/5
tlh---$74, $??, 150-AKV-Sep-100/'12, 150/'13, 150/'14- sent 7/9, passed 8/5
jowsley---$60-$16,077.37-250-AKV-April-106/'13, 250/'14-sent 7/17, passed 8/12
StaciMay---$76-$16,839-200-AKV-Sept-125/'12, 200/'13, 200/'14-sent 7/21, passed 8/13
monty2376---$67-$??-175-AKV-Mar-175/'13, 175/'14- sent 7/15, passed 8/13
emilyebarnes- $71-$17750-250 AKV- Dec- 34/'13- 250/'14-sent 7/21, Passed 8/13
puppytrainer---$74-$12,724.18-154 AKV-Dec-154/'13, 154/'14-sent 7/25, passed 8/20
POTCfan---$68.18-$15725-220-AKV-Feb-220/'13, 440/'14 -sent 8/11, passed 9/9
RapunzelsGoodMom---$68-$12,451-160-AKV-Dec-158 /'12, 160/'13, 160/'14- Sent 8/13, passed 9/9
NicoleLarson---$88 - $5280 - 60 - AKV - Sept, 7 '12, 0 '13, 60 '14-sent 8/17 Passed 9/16
Belle & Ariel---$76-$13,015.22-160-AKV-June-67/'13, 160/'14-sent 8/22, passed 9/17
hardis5---$65-$11,335-160-AKV-June-156/'13, 160/'14-sent 8/20, passed 9/16
wrighter---$70-$12,777.83-160-AKV-Dec-320/'12, 160/'13, 160/'14-Sent 8/29, passed 9/23
LKMang---$81-$13485-160-AKV-Feb-46/'13, 166/'14-sent 9/3, passed 10/10
kydisneyfan---$71-$11900-160-AKV-Dec- 19/'12, 160/'13, 160/'14-sent 9/10, passed 10/8
sndral--$71.875-$12,170.63-160-AKV-Dec.-160/'12,160/'13,160/'14-sent 9/27, passed 10/23
GiantsNiners11---$67-$17,000-250-AKV-Dec-250/'12, 250/'13, 250/'14-sent 9/25, passed 11/1
Darbry---$65-$11,084?-160-AKV-Dec-120/'12, 320/'13, 160/'14-sent 10/11, passed 11/4

SO using this data it seems that I could buy a contract at AKV for around $70-$73 a point....

For my thought of 250 points that would run me $17,500- $18,250 not including closing costs/fees. Dues are $5.68 which will cost $1420 yr. Do you know what percentage of the dues are taxes?

That's awesome. I'm looking resale as well. I hope I can find something for us in a the next few months. We have a cruise planned in September and were thinking of staying deluxe for 4 days after. For the price for the 4 days I could be paying my DVC dues and have money left over. :teacher:

I know you were talking about looking for a 200 point contract. Is that what you ended up getting?

This sounds like what Barry was telling me. I think to be safe we have to look at resorts that allow 5 to own at.

We ended up going with a 210 point contract....only because the contracts were becoming harder to come by.

We ended up paying $90 a point. No dues and half closing costs.

We bought from Fidelity and didn't run into any issues with them.

Good conversation. Sounds like Tim and I are in the same boat with the family of 5. Except I've been waitng for almost a decade to do this!

Taken from the DIS.....

SO using this data it seems that I could buy a contract at AKV for around $70-$73 a point....

For my thought of 250 points that would run me $17,500- $18,250 not including closing costs/fees. Dues are $5.68 which will cost $1420 yr. Do you know what percentage of the dues are taxes?

I follow those threads too. I'd take it with a grain of salt. Only a small percentage of buyers post the specifics of their deal here and you can't count on getting those kind of deals. Then again maybe I'm bitter because BLT prices haven't come down much. The good news is that the ROFR activity has chilled out quite a bit and inventory is definitely on the rise.

We ended up going with a 210 point contract....only because the contracts were becoming harder to come by.

We ended up paying $90 a point. No dues and half closing costs.

We bought from Fidelity and didn't run into any issues with them.
I've been on Fidelity's site quite a few times (as well as others). Many people on the DVC board have used them.

$90pp is a very fair price for BLT from what I've seen. Did you negotiate with the seller of was that the listed price?

Good conversation. Sounds like Tim and I are in the same boat with the family of 5. Except I've been waitng for almost a decade to do this!
:rotfl2:

Melody & I have been throwing around the idea of DVC and buying a house for a few years. I think we lost our opportunity to buy our Florida house for a while but DVC is less of an 'investment' and less work than a owning a rental home.

I follow those threads too. I'd take it with a grain of salt. Only a small percentage of buyers post the specifics of their deal here and you can't count on getting those kind of deals. Then again maybe I'm bitter because BLT prices haven't come down much. The good news is that the ROFR activity has chilled out quite a bit and inventory is definitely on the rise.
I was thinking that some of those ppl are full of crap. :rotfl2:

If those prices are close to what they paid then, I should be close to a target price of $70-$73($75) dollars. I feel that would be a fair deal. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter