Talk DVC with the Dis Dads

Anyone here do Vero Beach? DW and I are considering a long weekend there at the end of the summer. We're coming up on our 20 year anniversary.

I guess your just getting comments from me. We really liked VBR. We did a split stay there one year for the weekend and then drove into WDW. We were thinking about going back there next year.

They have the feature pool with water slide, and next to it is a mini-golf that cost $2. (Never seen Disney prices that low). We had a blast on it. They also have a green space between the storm/ beach wall and the hotel. You can check out stuff and play there. I think we did croquet and another few games. Then, there is the beach access, and the hotel is right on the beach. The only thing I didn't like about it was that the Inn rooms had a really small balcony, and depending on the season, they wanted you to close the blinds so the turtles didn't get confused during birthing season and go to hotel instead of water.

There used to be a VBR chair thread (pass your chair from one DVC member to the next) or you can rent them on the beach. They have a couple restaurants there, although I only remember eating at the one on the ground floor, with a Donald and Goofy character breakfast in the swimsuits. We are Catholic and went to Mass in town (short drive) and ate at Ocean Grill one night. I had a Florida lobster which was good.

There are all the pool games, community hall, firepit and smores, etc like many of the other DVC resorts.

I guess your just getting comments from me. We really liked VBR. We did a split stay there one year for the weekend and then drove into WDW. We were thinking about going back there next year.

They have the feature pool with water slide, and next to it is a mini-golf that cost $2. (Never seen Disney prices that low). We had a blast on it. They also have a green space between the storm/ beach wall and the hotel. You can check out stuff and play there. I think we did croquet and another few games. Then, there is the beach access, and the hotel is right on the beach. The only thing I didn't like about it was that the Inn rooms had a really small balcony, and depending on the season, they wanted you to close the blinds so the turtles didn't get confused during birthing season and go to hotel instead of water.

There used to be a VBR chair thread (pass your chair from one DVC member to the next) or you can rent them on the beach. They have a couple restaurants there, although I only remember eating at the one on the ground floor, with a Donald and Goofy character breakfast in the swimsuits. We are Catholic and went to Mass in town (short drive) and ate at Ocean Grill one night. I had a Florida lobster which was good.

There are all the pool games, community hall, firepit and smores, etc like many of the other DVC resorts.

LOL...aside from being the F&W snack guru, you apparently are my DISDad DVC mentor!:rotfl2:

thanks for all the details. We figured we have points, we want to just chill in a beach-y sunny place, so decided the VBR sounded like a good option for a 3-4 day excursion sans kids.

Do you all do 1 BR each trip or take family with you? We can get by with the two trips a year if we do studios and rotate in a week every now and then at OKW for October trip and HHI for a Spring Break trip. We prefer HHI to WDW during Easter Week, but tried too late to get it this year.

Now that DD is 11 we usually do a 1br for privecy.

Kevin.

Now that DD is 11 we usually do a 1br for privecy.

Kevin.

That's my worry. Mine are just now 11 & 8. We had been doing two trips a year - either both to WDW or one to WDW and one to the beach (HHI or VBR). They were both in studios. With this one week in the 1 BR and having the extra privacy, space, washer/dryer - will we be able to go back to studios.

That's my worry. Mine are just now 11 & 8. We had been doing two trips a year - either both to WDW or one to WDW and one to the beach (HHI or VBR). They were both in studios. With this one week in the 1 BR and having the extra privacy, space, washer/dryer - will we be able to go back to studios.

We've done 1BR and last trip was 2BR b\c we took my MIL. Since we normally only do 1x year, we are okay with using the points on a 1BR. I know a lot of people that have run into the "We need privacy for a kid." situation.

Once you have the larger kitchen and in some the 2 bath it is hard to go back to a studio.

Kevin

Once you have the larger kitchen and in some the 2 bath it is hard to go back to a studio.

Kevin

We did a 3 night holiday weekend trip at SSR. The 1 BR was amazing. I can only imagine the 2 bathroom would be even better. We managed to return to studios, and had 2 more years of two trips per. I guess that made it better. I'm thinking you will be right after this October trip.

Did anyone do the last webcast and get the new print? I have the three prints now. Eventually, I'll get them framed and hung on the walls.

So I'm back to debating on jumping on a 200 pt DVC contract at BLT for use every other year.

If we used our points for a vacation in either March or April - what would be the best "Use Year" for the contract?

I'm looking a February UY contract.

So I'm back to debating on jumping on a 200 pt DVC contract at BLT for use every other year.

If we used our points for a vacation in either March or April - what would be the best "Use Year" for the contract?

I'm looking a February UY contract.

February will work, if they have one. There are some months that do not have a UY. September would be the furthest back you want to go. Since you could bank at 7 months, that would be end of April. You have to cancel a reservation 30 days before the trip, otherwise the points go into a holding account that have to be used by the end of that original UY. Are you looking to buy a 200 point contract for a 400 point stay every other year?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

February will work, if they have one. There are some months that do not have a UY. September would be the furthest back you want to go. Since you could bank at 7 months, that would be end of April. You have to cancel a reservation 30 days before the trip, otherwise the points go into a holding account that have to be used by the end of that original UY. Are you looking to buy a 200 point contract for a 400 point stay every other year?

OK - I thought I'd be ok with February.

Yes, I'm looking to buy 200 for a 400 pt stay every other year.

Has anyone dealt with Fidelity?

OK - I thought I'd be ok with February.

Yes, I'm looking to buy 200 for a 400 pt stay every other year.

Has anyone dealt with Fidelity?

I think someone recently did, but I don't remember. I have used TimeShare Store for all mine and have been more than happy.

Just made an offer on a 210 pt contract at BLT through Fidelity!

The waiting is torture!

:thumbsup2

I think someone recently did, but I don't remember. I have used TimeShare Store for all mine and have been more than happy.

Any idea on AK villas? I was looking at some 100 point contracts that may be doable. And by doable I mean get permission from Town Hall. Have you stayed there before? TIA

Just made an offer on a 210 pt contract at BLT through Fidelity!

The waiting is torture!

:thumbsup2

Congrats. Was it accepted? You still have a ways to go. Hang in there.

Any idea on AK villas? I was looking at some 100 point contracts that may be doable. And by doable I mean get permission from Town Hall. Have you stayed there before? TIA

Actually, there are some really good prices on AK. WDW (DVD) has been buying up Beach Club and BLT contracts (hopefully, not Scott's) as there are waiting lists to buy points. Usually, there are requests for 50 or so points, so they not ROFR and bust up 210 points.

Back to AK. You have so many options with the AK Villas. Plus, all the 1 BR and above at Kidani have an extra bathroom. There are some Club Level rooms at Jambo I would love to try one day. There are great eating options, cool pools, awesome spray park, decent community hall, and night vision goggles with the animals. We stayed there in a savanna view studio in June. And, while the temp was hot, we had a great time. Parking is underneath the structure (at Kidani) which is really convenient. I think it is a lot at Jambo.

The BLT & BWV areas are still my favorites.

Still don't have an answer yet - not quite 24 hours later. :confused3

I know the wait hurts but try not to think of it.. yea right like one could do that lol. I am sure all will go through and soon you will be the proud owner of your DVC.

Next convention will be party in scott's room

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter