Taking Little Miss to Meet the Mouse! ~ A May 2015 PTR ~ Trip Report Link Posted!!

Omg I love these outfits so much especially the first Doc one. Little miss is going to be very stylish. Loving the plans so far.
I have big fun dressing her up. There are times where I am grateful at my lack of ability to sew. Can you imagine what I would have done with That talent in my tool belt! I think my bank account just groans at the thought!:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Finalized Plans- 5/9-Rest Day 1

20150414_155154_zpsooa02ecg.jpg

Little Miss Dinner Outfit- This may have turned out to be one of my favorite of her outfits.

20150414_171746_zpsm0qoqebn.jpg

My Dinner Outfit- This is about as cowgirlish I can get with my wardrobe.:rotfl:

Today being a rest day will be very low-key. We will all sleep as long as we like ( or rather, if I’m honest, as long as Little Miss likes :rolleyes: ) and if things go like they usually do then I will probably wake up first and sneak out of the room early and let the two sleepy heads sleep. If they
aren't up by about 11am I’ll probably go ahead and bring them some breakfast and wake them. We will swim and enjoy lunch at the resort and be sure to get a good nap in.

We will plan on cleaning up and heading out for our dinner at Hoop De Doo Revue about 6pm. Our reservation is for the 8:30pm show but we want to factor enough travel time to get there when we need to as well as have some time to explore the resort a bit. From the sounds of the resort we should have some fun looking around and exploring. The boat ride over to Fort Wilderness from MK should also be big fun for Little Miss. The one thing that gives me some concerns is how late we might end up getting back to the resort but we don't plan on rope
dropping the next day so it shouldn't be too bad of an issue.

Again, such cute outfits. Sounds like a nice relaxing day for you guys. If there is not thing my trip is miss, it's not enough rest :faint:. I've never done HDDR but I've heard great things. Hopefully, the late night won't effect you guys too much especially if everyone sleeps late.

Again, such cute outfits.
THank you!
Sounds like a nice relaxing day for you guys. If there is not thing my trip is miss, it's not enough rest :faint:.
Yeah, on our adult only trip DH and I had 5 park days in a row and no afternoon breaks. We realized by day 3 that on the next trip we would need to build in a lot more rest time. I was very careful to give us as much as possible. Especially with a 2 1/2 year old in tow.

I've never done HDDR but I've heard great things.
Same here! I'm looking forward to it.

Hopefully, the late night won't effect you guys too much especially if everyone sleeps late.
It shouldn't I don't think. From other's I predict getting back to our rooms by midnight. Which for my night owl is not that big of a stretch from her norm. Add in the late morning and nap day of and extra rest morning after and we should be good.

Finalized Plans- 5/10-Mother’s Day- Park Day 3

20150414_145206_zpsnrdsvdn1.jpg

Little Miss- Morning Outfit

20150418_141100_zpsnsmdxsmu.jpg

My Main Outfit- This is another new addition. I’ve been stalking this shirt on Torrid for a while now and they had always been sold out of my size, and then last week out of nowhere they had restocked all the sizes. You bet I quickly snapped up one for myself. While I debated about which day to put this on, I ended up with deciding that it would be only fitting to wear my favorite of the new shirts on Mother’s day.

A little pixie dust and crossing of fingers is needed for this day. While it’s still a little far out for an accurate forecast, the latest model on Accuweather.com is predicting a 60% chance of rain for the afternoon and evening for Mother’s day. While I don’t care much about a wet afternoon since we plan to take a break then anyways, having my evening rained out would be a bummer. Here’s hoping that changes to something dryer between now and then.

Between the fact that this is Mother’s day and that we will have had a late night the night before We will more than likely skip Rope Drop this morning. While I have left the plans in to Rope drop and ride Soarin and Living with the Land, we will more than likely skip that and just start our day at Nemo and the Sea pavilion. This will allow us to get a slower start to our day and take things easy. We may try to hit up some character meets around the world showcase but there is nothing really pressing about our morning. It really is about taking things easy and just enjoying my extra special Mother’s Day. The only hard set time for our morning is to leave the park by 1:30pm for our afternoon break. This crucial so that we can ensure enough time for nice long break, because our more scheduled part of the day will be the evening and with our planned late night we will all want to be rested.

Here is the Schedule for the Morning:
1. Ride Soarin’ on Standby: 9am – 9:25am

2. Ride Living with the Land: 9:30am – 9:45am

3. Potty Break: 9:45am – 9:55am

4. Ride Nemo and Friends at The Seas: 10:05am – 10:15am

5. See Turtle Talk with Crush and Look Around the Seas: 10:20am – 10:45am

6. Ride Figment: 10:50am – 11:30am

7. Try drinks in Club Cool: 11:35am – 11:45am

8. Ride Mexican Boat ride: 11:55am – 12:05pm

9. Eat Lunch and Explore World Showcase: 12:05pm – 1:30pm

10. Grab Strawberry Tarts in France

11. Leave for Afternoon Break.

20150414_155923_zps1nzx3pxg.jpg

Little Miss Evening Outfit

20150414_173319_zpsdipeqjxp.jpg

My back up Outfit

Our evening will be a full one. We saved this days FPs for the evening so that I could get a Wishes FP. On top of that, we also have a Dinner ADR. So for this evening we will arrive by 6pm for our 6pm FP at Mine Train and then, because its Mother’s day we will double up on my favorite ride, the Peoplemover! From there we will have our Dinner at The Plaza and go to the first of our TWO, count them TWO, Anna and Elsa FPs! (I still can’t believe our luck with that!)

After our visit with Anna and Elsa we will take a spin on the Carousel and the Tea Cups and then take a potty break before checking in to our FP for Wishes where we will watch the castle projection show and the fireworks. :hyper:

With Pirates closing for a long rehab the next day we will do our best to get one last ride on it before it closes. Afterwards we will make our way to the Frontierland area and watch the Main Street Electrical Parade before working our way out of the park as slowly as possible.

Here is our schedule for our Evening:

1.Ride Mine Train with FP+: 6:00pm– 6:20pm

2.Ride Peoplemover: 6:30pm-6:45pm

3.RidePeoplemover again : 6:45pm - 7:00pm

4.Eat Dinner @ The Plaza (ADR @ 7:30): 7:10pm - 8:30pm

5.Meet Anna and Elsa in Princess Fairytale Hall W/ FP+: 8:35pm – 8:55pm

6.Ride Prince Charming’s Carousel: 8:57pm– 9:07pm

7. Ride Tea Cups: 9:15pm-9:25pm

8. Potty Break: 9:25pm-9:35pm

9.See Wishes with FP+: 9:35pm-10:15pm

10.Ride POTC: 10:20pm-10:40pm

11.Watch MSEP from Frontierland: 10:45pm-11:30pm

Great plans!!! I think you'll be in luck for POTC I read yesterday they pushed back the referb till June (as long as that's accurate).

Don't worry to much about the weather we are going the week before you and I've been stalking and it's changed 20 times already! Hope we both have amazing weather!

Last edited:
You have the best outfits. I need that Just Believe shirt, where did you get it? Jealous you get two rides on the TTA, that's my favorite MK ride. This should be an amazing Mother's Day. Right now it doesn't look like we will cross paths but who knows, maybe we will run into each other. Also, one of the Disney news places was reporting that the PotC refurb got pushed back until June so you may have another chance to ride it.

My Dinner Outfit- This is about as cowgirlish I can get with my wardrobe.:rotfl:
Not bad!

Today being a rest day will be very low-key. We will all sleep as long as we like ( or rather, if I’m honest, as long as Little Miss likes :rolleyes: )
Definitely looks like a nice, relaxing day. I hope you have a good time at Hoop De Doo.

My Main Outfit- This is another new addition. I’ve been stalking this shirt on Torrid for a while now and they had always been sold out of my size, and then last week out of nowhere they had restocked all the sizes. You bet I quickly snapped up one for myself.
A shirt with the pantsless prince! :rotfl2:

I do like that shirt though. I'm glad you were able to finally get one. And before your trip!

While I don’t care much about a wet afternoon since we plan to take a break then anyways, having my evening rained out would be a bummer.
Yeah, that would definitely be a bummer. Especially with the plans you have for the evening. Hopefully it won't be a wash out. Even if it is a 60% chance of rain, there's 40% that it won't. And this far out it is hard to tell anyway. Chances are that even if it does rain, it wouldn't be a total washout.

Our evening will be a full one. We saved this days FPs for the evening so that I could get a Wishes FP. On top of that, we also have a Dinner ADR. So for this evening we will arrive by 6pm for our 6pm FP at Mine Train and then, because its Mother’s day we will double up on my favorite ride, the Peoplemover! From there we will have our Dinner at The Plaza and go to the first of our TWO, count them TWO, Anna and Elsa FPs! (I still can’t believe our luck with that!)
The plans look great! I really hope you managed to get on POTC before they shut it down.

More amazing plans! How awesome that you get to spend Mothers' day at WDW! That tank top is awesome! What a perfect Mothers' day gift to get to be there with your family AND get two rides on the Peoplemover!! It sounds like a long but fabulous day!

Great plans!!! I think you'll be in luck for POTC I read yesterday they pushed back the referb till June (as long as that's accurate).
Thanks! Is that more than a guess? That would be fabulous if it was.

Don't worry to much about the weather we are going the week before you and I've been stalking and it's changed 20 times already! Hope we both have amazing weather!
Yeah, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I know that the really far out stuff is a tad inaccurate. I'll just keep stalking it till we leave! :rotfl:

You have the best outfits.
:thanks: I'm having fun with them thats for sure. My parents think I'm nuts for putting this much thought into them.

I need that Just Believe shirt, where did you get it?
Unfortunately I'm not sure you will find it. I got it in the clearance section at Old Navy sometime in January. Believe it or not its actually a christmas shirt. (If you look REALLY close those silver dots are actually tiny snowflakes I think?)

Jealous you get two rides on the TTA, that's my favorite MK ride.
Benefit of having DH's blessing to structure the day around what I want to do. I had full choice.

This should be an amazing Mother's Day.
::yes:: One for the books thats for sure! As long as the rain stays away.

Right now it doesn't look like we will cross paths but who knows, maybe we will run into each other.
Who knows, its a small world after all! :rotfl::thumbsup2 (sorry I couldn't resist.)

Also, one of the Disney news places was reporting that the PotC refurb got pushed back until June so you may have another chance to ride it.
Is that actual news? I thought it was only rumor. That will be a good thing if it turns out true. We won't have to push so hard to get our ride in before it closes.

:thanks:
Definitely looks like a nice, relaxing day. I hope you have a good time at Hoop De Doo.
::yes:: I've never been to the Hoop De Doo so it will be nice to experience. I'm looking forward to it.
A shirt with the pantsless prince! :rotfl2:
Shhh! DH hasn't made that connection yet! :rotfl: Besides this price has pants on!

I do like that shirt though. I'm glad you were able to finally get one. And before your trip!
::yes:: I was quite thrilled. I think Little Miss was too when she saw it.

Yeah, that would definitely be a bummer. Especially with the plans you have for the evening. Hopefully it won't be a wash out. Even if it is a 60% chance of rain, there's 40% that it won't. And this far out it is hard to tell anyway. Chances are that even if it does rain, it wouldn't be a total washout.
Keeping my fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

The plans look great! I really hope you managed to get on POTC before they shut it down.
Apparently there are rumors that the referb has been pushed till June.

More amazing plans!
:thanks:
How awesome that you get to spend Mothers' day at WDW!
I know! I am one lucky Momma that's for sure!

That tank top is awesome!
:hyper: Isn't it though! I just LOVE it!

What a perfect Mothers' day gift to get to be there with your family AND get two rides on the Peoplemover!! It sounds like a long but fabulous day!
We will have plenty of rest in the afternoon so it shouldn't be too long of a day. Besides Little Miss can be a bit of a night owl. Its not that far past her bedtime. But it is indeed a perfect Mother's day!

LOVE the rest of the outfits thus far...very cute (and I love your cowgirl look). Plans continue to sound great. The weather that far out will change...trust me. For the longest time it was saying high 80's and a lot of rain while I'm there; then it switched to 94 on the Monday and then mid 80's and no rain. I haven't even bothered to look today.

Let me know the day that we are at the same parks. I've lost all my "DIS" meet notes and don't remember when I'm going to see anyone.

LOVE the rest of the outfits thus far...very cute (and I love your cowgirl look).
:thanks: I'm having fun with them for sure!

Plans continue to sound great.
I think I'm pretty happy with them.

The weather that far out will change...trust me. For the longest time it was saying high 80's and a lot of rain while I'm there; then it switched to 94 on the Monday and then mid 80's and no rain. I haven't even bothered to look today.
I'm sure it will, but I'll keep fingers and toes crossed until then.

Let me know the day that we are at the same parks. I've lost all my "DIS" meet notes and don't remember when I'm going to see anyone.
I'm not sure I remember when you said we would be crossing paths either. :rotfl: We'll just have to keep our eyes peeled then.

Your outfits are perfect! Your Hoop-Dee-Do ones especially are so awesome!!! :thumbsup2

I think it's great that you want to factor in some time to relax and take things slow. I'm sure with Little Miss, that'll pay off immensely! Happy kid = happy parents, right?! ;)

Your outfits are perfect! Your Hoop-Dee-Do ones especially are so awesome!!! :thumbsup2
THank you! I really do love how Little Miss's outfit for that came together!

I think it's great that you want to factor in some time to relax and take things slow. I'm sure with Little Miss, that'll pay off immensely! Happy kid = happy parents, right?! ;)
::yes::::yes::::yes::Absolutely!::yes::::yes::::yes:: Although If I 'm honest that rest time is just as much for us as it is for her! :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Finalized Plans- 5/11-Park Day 4

20150414_152958_zpsjkvfspvc.jpg

Little Miss- Morning Outfit

20150414_172255_zps2cnhqnje.jpg

My Morning Outfit

I think the outfits for today ended up being a top favorite. Due to our late night the night before we plan on skipping Rope Drop again. We plan on getting there about 10am. This is also the day that has given me the most trouble in planning. I am pretty sure I have gone through at least 4 different plans for the day. At one optimistic point I had us Rope Dropping AK park hopping to HS for FPs and then jumping over to Epcot all before afternoon break! :faint: While it might have been do able for an active couple without kids in tow I thought better of the plans and gave up the idea of getting to HS twice this trip. Luckily, with the new hours that got posted last week I have found a way to make it work. Part of me is tempted to park hop at some point to MK just to say I've been in all four in one day. :rotfl:

And one of the more recent revisions for the day came after our last trip to the Zoo when I realized that for Little Miss the idea of a Petting Zoo is the absolute opposite of fun. It then encouraged me to reevaluate our morning at AK and after once again re arranging things found I was able to shave about an hour off of our plans and get us out of the park about an hour earlier. Which is important because we have another late night planned this evening.

Here is how things have settled into place for our Animal Kingdom Morning:

1. Skip Rope Drop arrive at 10am

2. Ride Kilimanjaro Safaris with FP+ : 10:10am – 10:35am

3. Ride Train to Conservation Station: 10:40am – 10:50am

4. Ride Train back to Harambe: 10:50am – 11:05am

5. Potty Break and Snack Break: 11:05am-11:20am

6.Meet Mickey and Minnie w/ FP+: 11:20am – 11:35am

7. Have Lunch Yak and Yeti is near by, Flame Tree is also close: 11:40am-12:35pm

8. Daddy Ride Everest: 12:40pm– 1:00pm

Mommy and Little Miss Ride: Triceratop Spin: 12:40pm - 12:55pm

9. Ride Kali River Rapids w/FP+: 1:10pm – 1:30pm

10. Leave Park

The only thing left about the plans I’m not sure about is our Snack break at 11:05 before our our lunch at 11:40, but I REALLY want to try that jalepeno cheese pretzel! popcorn:::rotfl:

20150414_160906_zps2jxwgg2l.jpg

Little Miss Evening Outfit- I will also have her sophia dress in my bag for her if she want's it later.

My Evening Outfit- Will be a repeat of yesterday's back up outfit. With our FP+ for Kali at AK, I am planning 2 outfits for all of us this day.

This evening we will be dining at Rose and Crown with a later ADR in hopes of scoring a patio table for Illuminations.pixiedust: If we rest up well we may find ourselves at Epcot a bit earlier in hopes of catching a meet and greet or two. After Illuminations we will take advantage of being so close to the international gateway and use the ferry to park hop over to Hollywood Studios for the Extra Magic Hours. I am not sure how late Little Miss and I will stay, but if timing works
we will try to catch the 10:30 Fantasmic and the EMH Disney Junior Dance Party while DH is getting his extra rides of TOT and Star Tours in.

Part of me is tempted to park hop at some point to MK just to say I've been in all four in one day. :rotfl:
DO IT!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

And one of the more recent revisions for the day came after our last trip to the Zoo when I realized that for Little Miss the idea of a Petting Zoo is the absolute opposite of fun.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Trust me, you won't be missing anything. Just a few goats.

I am not sure how late Little Miss and I will stay, but if timing works we will try to catch the 10:30 Fantasmic and the EMH Disney Junior Dance Party while DH is getting his extra rides of TOT and Star Tours in.
Oh wow. I hope she can make it that late. She'll LOVE the dance party. We took our kids there in 2012. DD was half asleep when we got there and we had her in her pajamas, but they both danced around and had a blast!!! I mean it was probably dirty and disgusting of us to let an 8 month old crawl around in her pajamas in there, but the smiles on her face were priceless. We definitely have fond memories of that party.

DO IT!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2
I'm not sure I should. I don't want to burn myself out before the end of the night.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Trust me, you won't be missing anything. Just a few goats.
:rotfl2: That's what I figured. It will be a slight bummer not to meet rafiki, but I'm not sure she even knows who he is yet so we're okay with skipping this time.

Oh wow. I hope she can make it that late. She'll LOVE the dance party. We took our kids there in 2012. DD was half asleep when we got there and we had her in her pajamas, but they both danced around and had a blast!!! I mean it was probably dirty and disgusting of us to let an 8 month old crawl around in her pajamas in there, but the smiles on her face were priceless. We definitely have fond memories of that party.
Well her normal bedtime is 9:30-10pm and we have to be pretty strict to get her to actually go to sleep at that time. She has also made it till midnight a few times without much issue. Plus, we can always let her have a taste of coke at club cool to keep her going if we need to. :drinking1:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter