Tables in Wonderland for Dummies. ;-)

Be careful when relying on the mug discount. What I've been told us that they're not *supposed* to be included. Sometimes they've just rung them with the rest of the meal and discount them, sometimes they ring them separately to ensure they're not discounted. If I've ever bought one without a meal and presented TIW, they've told me that the program is not valid on refillable mugs.

YMMV of course. But it's what I've been told on multiple occasions. (All at Pop, if that matters.)

Oh and please excuse the double post, but to piggyback on something said above - tips always on the original value. Also, we often wish to leave more than 18% (we are high maintenance diners due to some odd allergy issues, which at the very least means we told a table for longer than the average diner.) No issue just adding a few dollars more after the bill has been processed, should you wish to do that.

Oh this is good to know! I am going in Dec, again in Feb and possibly once more in Sept (upgrading my ticket in Dec this year when I go). I have already spent $140 on Hoop De Doo, so I know I will spend more than $500 to "break even," but this little tid bit helps up the dollar value spent!

With the prepaid places you show tiw when you get there and get the discount refunded. HDD might be different bc they have different seatings that might not be included but if yours is included you should get that refund.

Oh and please excuse the double post, but to piggyback on something said above - tips always on the original value. Also, we often wish to leave more than 18% (we are high maintenance diners due to some odd allergy issues, which at the very least means we told a table for longer than the average diner.) No issue just adding a few dollars more after the bill has been processed, should you wish to do that.

We tend to go OVER 18% as well - you CAN do this with TIW. Just add a tip on the tip line - it gets ADDED to the 18% tip.

How works? You get the refillable mugs and apply the 20% discount to the price?
You buy the mugs at the food court that accepts the discount. Buy some food and the mugs at the same time, and present the card for the discount when you check out.

No.
Tablesinwonderland.com

...and this post got glossed over WAY too quickly. TIW is very much an offering that is fairly exclusive - You MUST be in a group that is ALLOWED to purchase it. If you qualify? Sandy and I (personal opinion) would strongly suggest that you DO so.

OP here! :coffee: We did purchase TIW and it definitely paid for itself our first visit! :cool1: DD is currently doing the DCP, so we have a few more trips planned. We will definitely enjoy the benefits! My only complaint is the "card" seems very flimsy to last an entire year! Wish it was a plastic card instead of the heavy paper cardstock type.

OP here! :coffee: We did purchase TIW and it definitely paid for itself our first visit! :cool1: DD is currently doing the DCP, so we have a few more trips planned. We will definitely enjoy the benefits! My only complaint is the "card" seems very flimsy to last an entire year! Wish it was a plastic card instead of the heavy paper cardstock type.
I keep mine in the sleeve and put a rubber band around that as storage for it. So far it's held up for 2 lengthy trips but I do agree with you, it's not the sturdiest thing.

I keep mine in the sleeve and put a rubber band around that as storage for it. So far it's held up for 2 lengthy trips but I do agree with you, it's not the sturdiest thing.

I do have it in the sleeve. I'll try the additional rubber band, too. I do have a credit card holder that I use for the TIW, AP card, driver's license, & Disney Visa. God forbid I lose that holder! :faint:

THERE IS A WAY TO DO THIS :). It's a bit of work....
Sandy and I have had hard stock plastic TIW cards for a good 8 years running. How to get these?

IF you have an ACTIVE AP (no green cards)... see http://tablesinwonderland.com/
WAYYYYY at the bottom, you will see:

"Call (407) 566-5858 (Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST) for more information"

Now, armed with an ACTIVE AP - call. And have your card MAILED to you. Personal advise - do this VERY CLOSE to your first use, always near the START of a month, never near the END of a month. A good CM on the other end will ask you about this, in an effort to get you the longest use you can get.

These folks send CC style Plastic Cards. Got one in my wallet :). "Will Call" will give you paper stock.

Now - does it matter?

Not all that much. Every TIW card has a number on it, and an expiration date - on the back, human readable. The problem that MIGHT occur with a card is MagStripe failure. Let's suppose this happens, right at the end of a $500/two person meal. You will NOT get walked over to guest relations :). Just as with a CC with a failed MagStripe, the NUMBER may be keyed in by a human. There should be no issues, unless the human can not read :).

So - why we ALSO like the heavy card? We're probably worrying too much :). Don't drop either card into a toilet, or run over it with a truck? It's probably going to be just fine :).

If you have multiple people dining with you, their meal can also be discounted. BUT, only one check will be brought to the table and the card holder must pay the check. Your guests are either your guests or they pay you later.

My thoughts on TIW is the following

I am picking one up because based on the overall # of TS places I will be eating, the savings outweigh the cost.

If you are planning 7 TS meals while at Disney and your average tip is $15, you already hit your mark for saving money (if you purchase via AP/DVC).

If you are an average $10 tipper, then your savings hits after your 10th TS.

If you are not a tipper but want to be, this is an easy way to do it.

If you are not a tipper and don't believe in rewarding for service, then TIW is not for you because you would have to spend over $5000 on meals before you see your first savings. (20% off but 18% gratitude)

For me this is my calculations

Dec I have 2 TS that is not covered by dining plan. Almost $80 each and so the tip would be appox $12-15 based on service. Would do 10% if completely horrible service but I have not received that at disney before. So after 2 meals, I have saved at least $24 in tips which means I just need to save $76 on my summer 2016 trip (9-10 nights probably). We would be doing a TS each day, so I know the savings are there but it isn't worth getting the dining plan because of our choices in dining locations.

We just got back from an 11 day trip and purchased the TIW for the first time. I saved all my receipts and it was 4 adults and 1 child. We saved a total of $163 on top of the original $100 paid. So for us it was totally worth it. We traveled with my in-laws and I just used my band for the meal and they gave me cash afterwards that I used to pay down my bill at the front desk every few days.

Just another quick comparison to the DDP- would have cost $1460 for the 3 of us (2 adults 1 child) with the Tiw discount we spent $961 for lunch/dinner and that's 9 TS dinners 12 QS meals and then if you added in snack credits 30@ roughly $4 each you get a total of $1081. So a significant savings and we ate what we felt like at each restaurant. For TS we ate at CP, Sci-fi, Via Napoli, Plaza, Sanaa, BOG, Chef d'france(no discount), 1900 PF and Rose and crown.

I was surprised I did not get ID'd at all for using the TiW card. I'll probably get yelled at for this but my FIL/MIL took my daughter to chef mickeys the night I ate at Chef d'france and he used my TiW card without an issue(YMMV).

We are heading back in January for 9 days so well get to save even more that trip.

We just got back from an 11 day trip and purchased the TIW for the first time. I saved all my receipts and it was 4 adults and 1 child. We saved a total of $163 on top of the original $100 paid. So for us it was totally worth it. We traveled with my in-laws and I just used my band for the meal and they gave me cash afterwards that I used to pay down my bill at the front desk every few days.

Just another quick comparison to the DDP- would have cost $1460 for the 3 of us (2 adults 1 child) with the Tiw discount we spent $961 for lunch/dinner and that's 9 TS dinners 12 QS meals and then if you added in snack credits 30@ roughly $4 each you get a total of $1081. So a significant savings and we ate what we felt like at each restaurant. For TS we ate at CP, Sci-fi, Via Napoli, Plaza, Sanaa, BOG, Chef d'france(no discount), 1900 PF and Rose and crown.

I was surprised I did not get ID'd at all for using the TiW card. I'll probably get yelled at for this but my FIL/MIL took my daughter to chef mickeys the night I ate at Chef d'france and he used my TiW card without an issue(YMMV).

We are heading back in January for 9 days so well get to save even more that trip.

OK - I must not simply like this post :). I must tell you what else you did :). Yes - you saved serious cash. But you ALSO supported those wonderful WDW restaurants. You see, you used a PERCENTAGE based discount.... by doing so, you encouraged these fine folks to NOT clip their menu offerings :). GOOD FOR YOU :). TIW works WITH restaurants. DDP? I have nothing positive to say about that thing.

Question on purchase locations. I am having dinner at Boma the day before I will be entering the park, and I would like to avoid Disney Springs due to traffic. Would I be able to go to AK Guest relations, without entering the park? I am thinking perhaps I could drive to the park, walk up to Guest Relations and get the card before I go to Boma for dinner.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help! :thanks:

Question on purchase locations. I am having dinner at Boma the day before I will be entering the park, and I would like to avoid Disney Springs due to traffic. Would I be able to go to AK Guest relations, without entering the park? I am thinking perhaps I could drive to the park, walk up to Guest Relations and get the card before I go to Boma for dinner.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help! :thanks:
Yes, you can purchase a TIW card at Guest Relations outside the parks.

I bought ours at Epcot Guest Relations outside the main entrance (not IG)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter