Table for 2 - A couple of big kids explore Disney (W/ pics) COMPLETED 9/18!

Awesome reviews!
Thanks!

I was nervous about the antics also. But WCC sounded fab! We were actually sat off in a back right hand corner of the restaurant and it is very romantic back there. There is a giant fireplace and you are a bit misplaced from the rest of the restaurant. While we were back there, only one other family joined us. It was really nice (it is next to the kitchen though, so the staff is constantly walking by). We didn't experience any of the antics, but definately heard them. I remember when one waiter yelled out "EVERYONE BE QUIET SHE'S ON THE PHONE!" Eric starting rolling! I'm not sure if Eric missed out on the antics or not, but we were definately happy we went there!
:rotfl2: They yelled the same thing out when we were there. We were also seated in the back right hand side. It was nice to see the antics of the room, without getting too caught up in it.

That tuna sandwich looks great! Can't wait to read more!:)
More on the way!

Loving your reviews popcorn::! Please keep them coming!
Thank you! I got the next day coming up right now...

Day 4 was our first day at Epcot. Again, we ate in our room before heading out.

Around 12 we headed over to the Land and got fast passes for our 2nd ride on Soarin' and decided to have lunch at Sunshine Seasons. This place is awesome! They have a huge selection, and you can really personalize your meal to be what you want. They even have some meals which I think would make a great dinner such as salmon, chicken, and pork chops.

We both decided on the turkey with muenster cheese on foccacia with chipotle mayo and for dessert, we both had the chocolate peanut butter cake

dis93.jpg

The sandwich was delicious! It was nice and fresh. The chipotle was nice and subtle. I've had chipotle mayo that was overpowering, and this wasn't. It gave a light sweetness to the sandwich.

The cake was also delicious. It wasn't too peanuty, a nice balance of flavor.

We went back to our room for our afternoon nap, then returned to Epcot around 5 to do some more touring. We had a 5:55 reservation at Le Cellier and we checked in around 5:40

dis95.jpg

We were seated in about 5 minutes in the New Brunswick section. Our waitress was Kelly, who was very nice and attentive.

I started with the cheddar cheese soup
dis105.jpg

It was just as amazing as everyone says it is! I loved it!! It was rich and creamy..just yummy!

DH had the steakhouse Caesar Salad
dis107.jpg

He loved this because of the crispy cheese that it came with. It's definitely a unique way of serving a Caesar Salad.

We also LOVE the pretzel bread! The bread basket came with 3 breads, but the pretzel bread is the one we couldn't stop talking about..and as you can see from this picture, we devoured it before I could take a picture

dis106.jpg

Next came our entrees... I had the mushroom fillet mignon
dis108.jpg

It was good. It was a bit overcooked for me, and in hindsight, I probably should have sent it back, but I didn't want to bother since it wasn't inedible in anyway. It was typical fillet mignon in my opinion. The part I liked best was actually the wild mushroom risotto. It was creamy and delicious!

DH got the herb crusted prime rib
dis110.jpg

As you can see the portion size was huge. This was a very tasty piece of meat and DH loved every bit of it!

For dessert, we both decided on the creme brulee sampler
dis111.jpg

Althought I enjoyed the creme brulee at Kona, this one blew it out of the water. Not only was it beautful, both varieties were very tasty. The top was still warm from the torched sugar. I liked both kinds, but the maple creme was just a bit more delicious than the vanilla bean.

Overall, great experience. Some people find Le Cellier dark and cramped. We thought it was romantic and charming..a nice escape from the park outside. We'll definitely be going back next time, although I may get something other than the fillet.

Coming up..Day 5, breakfast with Winnie The Pooh (and TIgger too!) at Crystal Palace and Earl of Sandwich

Burberryplaid, I don't think I can make my pics look as good as yours on my trip. I feel as if the food is right in front of me. I haven't been to Le cellier in 4 years. We always want to try something new, but I want to go back this time around. I have such a hard time chosing between what I know and something new. Argh, can you tell I'm comming up on my 180 days for ADRs. LOL.

Wow, great reviews and pics.. I really want to try Kona sometime and we're not doing LeCellier this time because I've been before but now I'm thinking I should have done it.. Looks great!

I agree, those are great pictures of the food. Looking forward to more!

Ooo! I think that I'm going to try Sunshine Seasons the next time I go to EPCOT!
I love your reports! And the pictures are a fabulous bonus!

:cheer2: Your reviews are great!! :cheer2: I LOVE the anchors aweigh tuna sandwhich at Columbia Harbour House, it is sooo delecious!!!!!!
We have an ADr at Le Cellier coming up and looking at your pics, I just can't wait to be there myself!!!! Actually I am a little nervous with all the hype I have read about le Cellier that I will be disappointed, but your pics looks o wonderful that I don't think I will be.
I have never had creme brulee before and I am anxious to try that as well.

Loving your reviews, can't wait for more!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for keeping this thing going..I appreciate all the comments!

Burberryplaid, I don't think I can make my pics look as good as yours on my trip. I feel as if the food is right in front of me. I haven't been to Le cellier in 4 years. We always want to try something new, but I want to go back this time around. I have such a hard time chosing between what I know and something new. Argh, can you tell I'm comming up on my 180 days for ADRs. LOL.
Thanks for the compliment on the pictures. I can certainly understand how hard it is to try something new when you are familiar with something else you like. I'm sure we'll find it hard to try new things too.

Wow, great reviews and pics.. I really want to try Kona sometime and we're not doing LeCellier this time because I've been before but now I'm thinking I should have done it.. Looks great!
I definitely recommend Kona. I've heard some mixed reviews about a couple of their dishes, but I feel if you try one of their "signature" meals, you won't be disappointed.

Loving your reviews!!! We're also from Red Sox Nation!!!
Thanks..your girls are so cute! I love the pic of them by the totem pole!

I agree, those are great pictures of the food. Looking forward to more!
Thanks...more on the way!

Loving your reviews, and eagerly looking forward to the rest! Great photos, too!:earsgirl:
Thanks..I appreciate the feedback!

Ooo! I think that I'm going to try Sunshine Seasons the next time I go to EPCOT!
I love your reports! And the pictures are a fabulous bonus!
Thanks! I don't think you'll be disappointed at Sunshine Seasons. It was probably our favorite CS spot. We loved the variety!

Great reviews and pics, keep 'em coming! :cutie:
You got it! :)

Great photos and reviews! Thanks for taking the time to do it!
Thank you and it's my pleasure!

:cheer2: Your reviews are great!! :cheer2: I
LOVE the anchors aweigh tuna sandwhich at Columbia Harbour House, it is sooo delecious!!!!!!
We have an ADr at Le Cellier coming up and looking at your pics, I just can't wait to be there myself!!!! Actually I am a little nervous with all the hype I have read about le Cellier that I will be disappointed, but your pics looks o wonderful that I don't think I will be.
I have never had creme brulee before and I am anxious to try that as well.
I don't think you'll be disappointed in Le Cellier. It was really good. I am a creme brulee lover and it was one of the best I've had anywhere.

Loving your reviews, can't wait for more!!! :thumbsup2
Thank you...part 5 is on the way...NOW

Friday morning we had an 8:15 AM ADR at Crystal Palace. I was so excited for this as Tigger is my favorite! We woke up about 6:30 and got ready. We caught the boat to the Magic Kingdom, just in time to see the sunrise.

dis114.jpg

When we got to the Magic Kingdom we were directed to a line for early morning breakfast and tours. We waited about 5 minutes before they let us in.

Once we got the the Crystal Palace, we checked in and they started seating people about 15 minutes later. We were seated 5 minutes after they started the seating process.

Crystal Palace is absolutely beautiful. It's a charming little place tucked in the corner on the way to Frontier Land and Liberty Square. It reminded me of something from the 1800's

dis118.jpg

dis119.jpg

We were seated right in the middle of the room at a small table. It was cozy, but nice. There were a few other couples without kids, so we were at total ease.

We got up to the buffet and had a number of choices. They had everything from fresh fruit and cereal to bagels, muffins, eggs, waffles..a great selection!

dis120.jpg

This was my plate..it had sausage, veggie omelet, breakfast lasagna (sugar rush anyone?) fresh pineapple and strawberry, bacon, and puffed French toast which I stol from the Kid's buffet

All of it was good but OMG was the breakfast lasagna sweet?! It's worth a try though..I always say you have to try everything once.

Here's DH's plate
dis121.jpg

He had biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, hash, breakfast lasagna, and a chocolate croissant.

We liked everything but the bacon. It wasn't bad but we like it really crispy, and this was soft.

Overall, the food was good..not great...but really not bad. I'd say it was typical breakfast buffet food. We had a better breakfast at WCC. We paid OOP for this because we wanted to save the TS credit for our dinner at Jiko, but it was worth it as we got to meet the characters one on one. They come to each table and they take as many pictures as you want. It was a magical way to way to start the day off..and once you're done eating, you get to be one of the first people in the park!

Once we were finished we toured Magic Kingdom, then went back to our room for a nap. Needless to say, we didn't have lunch this day because breakfast was just so filling. Since we didn't want to use a TS credit, we decided to use our CS credit at Earl Of Sandwich in Downtown Disney. These sandwiches were so delicious! Everything is made to order..nice and fresh.

DH had the special, a BBQ beef sandwich and a chocolate chip cookie
dis136.jpg

I had the Full Montagu (Roast beef, turkey, cheddar, swiss, romaine lettuce, tomato, and mustard sauce) and a Cupcake "crown" (yellow cake with white frosting)

dis135.jpg

We loved Earl of Sandwich, and we'll definitely be returning. I wish there was one near us because their sandwiches were delicious!

Up next...Day 6, a return trip to Sunshine Seasons and dinner at the Rose and Crown

I've always want to eat breakfast at the Crystal Palace. I love walking past it in the morning and smelling the great smell of bacon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter