T-Rex

lbkemama said:
I didn't think this was part of disney dining?
What's it like inside.
We were thinking about trying something new, but we will have a 2 year old with us so I'm not sure if that's a great idea?

Thanks

T-Rex is a great restaurant! It has dinosaurs and mammoths which all move and sound off. Their are meteor showers that streak through the ceiling, my kids absolutely loved it. the food was great and the servers where very friendly and attentive. They encourage getting up and taking pictures. It is loud when the meteor showers happen though because this is when all the animals sound off. It was definitely a must do. LOL, my DH just asked me If we could try it again during our next trip.

You must have gotten really lucky or have better luck than me. I had ressies, select club card and still had 20 min wait for party of 4. this was even when i bypassed line of folks waiting to get to podium to ask about seating.
I have never waited 20 min at T-Rex or RFC even when the wait was well over an hour and I waited through the first line. The last time we waited through the first line about 10 min and were seated in 5 more when the wait being quoted was 1.5 hours.

OMG I dream about those nachos!! Luv Trex. Call them directly. Also get the Landrysselect card. It costs $25 but they give you a $25 reward right away. They give you a $25 reward in your Birthday month too!

Thanks for the advice about the card! I just signed up. I figure it can't hurt and skipping long waits would be wonderful!

I never make ADRs for T-Rex, we walk up, put in our name take a pager and shop while we wait.

The wait to get to the podium during Christmas week was HUGE! Over half an hour just to get your name on the list, then another 90 minutes for a table. If travelling during peak periods, I would definitely have reservations.

What's it like inside.
We were thinking about trying something new, but we will have a 2 year old with us so I'm not sure if that's a great idea?

Thanks

Lots of pics and a write up in my trip report, found here.....beginning at post 110:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415&page=8

Can you redeem your welcome reward AND your birthday reward in the same visit? Ill be there for my bday month, so just curious!!

Can you redeem your welcome reward AND your birthday reward in the same visit? Ill be there for my bday month, so just curious!!
I've never known them to combine discounts so I would bet no.

Are there different rules for booking T-Rex? We called 180 days out to make our dining reservations, and we were told that the only availability is 5 pm or not until after 8:30. Hard to believe it's that popular with everyone staying at WDW when we are, when we had no trouble getting our exact times everywhere else. Any insight?

Did you try to make reservations online? We love T-REX also. Sells out pretty quickly. You might want to take the one of the times offered and then check back every once in a while to see if other times open up.

Have a Great Week----:thumbsup2

lbkemama said:
I didn't think this was part of disney dining?
What's it like inside.

Thanks
We just took my 2 year old. He loved it! Also have build a Dino in it. We did walk up around 4:30 and got seated immediately.

Yes, you can! We used both in December! All discounts are loaded on your card and they will use them all unless you tell them otherwise. We used $50 in Landry's select rewards ($25 each for welcome and birthday) and then used part of a $50 gift card I earned on Swagbucks for Landrys. We paid for everything, including our tip, for a meal for 4 with those! Great deal and a great way to save dining credits!:cool1:

lovingeire said:
Yes, you can! We used both in December! All discounts are loaded on your card and they will use them all unless you tell them otherwise. We used $50 in Landry's select rewards ($25 each for welcome and birthday) and then used part of a $50 gift card I earned on Swagbucks for Landrys. We paid for everything, including our tip, for a meal for 4 with those! Great deal and a great way to save dining credits!:cool1:

Great! Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter