1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

T-Rex

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by melindaPR, Feb 17, 2013.

1. melindaPR

melindaPR Mouseketeer

Are there different rules for booking T-Rex? We called 180 days out to make our dining reservations, and we were told that the only availability is 5 pm or not until after 8:30. Hard to believe it's that popular with everyone staying at WDW when we are, when we had no trouble getting our exact times everywhere else. Any insight?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Kidanifan08

Kidanifan08 DIS Veteran

You can call them direct to make a reservation. We did that for our July trip and got 6:30 for 9 of us. Just google their website to get the direct number.

4. bakerworld

bakerworld DIS Veteran

Noisy Noisy Noisy but GREAT natchos

5. DisneyNutMary

DisneyNutMary DIS Veteran

Those nachos are so worth the noise.
    I never make ADRs for T-Rex, we walk up, put in our name take a pager and shop while we wait.

6. luckyman_apd

luckyman_apd DIS Veteran

Call t-Rex directly. The Disney website had no reservations available for our date, but when I called directly they had times available all day long.

Edit.....it sure sounds like I need to order the nachos

7. melindaPR

melindaPR Mouseketeer

Thanks! Just made a July reservation for the time we wanted. Thanks for the advice. Does anyone know why Disney ADR has such limited times? I know it's a different ownership group, but it seems like they should give warning if Disney only has rights to limited reservations. And, it doesn't seem difficult to get reservations at Rainforest.

Thanks, again! 134 more days for us.

8. disneyobessed

disneyobessed DIS Veteran

Omg i called tonight for April 13 amd got in for dinner! Ive been trying to get in for 2 months!

9. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

Get the Landry's select card, it gives you front of the line at their locations including T-Rex, Rainforest, etc. I've been seated immediately when the wait was 1.5 to 2 hours.

10. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

Moved from the DVC Boards

11. awahl

awahl Earning My Ears

Great tip wasn't suppose to be able to get in until 8 called T. rex directly and got a much earlier time!!! :D

12. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Trex chooses to have limited availability through Disney dining. They prefer to serve walk ups. As noted, if you call them directly you will have your choice of dates and times for a priority seating.

13. Tormania

Tormania Mouseketeer

Smart on their part IMHO. If they allowed their full schedule to be open to Disney ADRs then it would suffer the same fate as all other popular Disney Dining locations and walkups would be out of luck. Not being on the DDP also helps I believe.

14. Oneplustwins

Oneplustwins Mouseketeer

Been trying to get in for my sons make a wish trip. I just get a voice mail and so far no one has called me back. Can you tell me what number you call? Thanks!

15. Tinkerpeas hubby

Tinkerpeas hubby Mouseketeer

Trex is on the DDP though

16. awahl

awahl Earning My Ears

I called 1 407 8288739... I just asked to make a reservation and I pick my time and got the time I wanted!!!

17. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

OMG I dream about those nachos!! Luv Trex. Call them directly. Also get the Landrysselect card. It costs $25 but they give you a $25 reward right away. They give you a $25 reward in your Birthday month too!

18. Oneplustwins

Oneplustwins Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone!! I got reservations the exact time I wanted! Wooooooo hooooooooo!

19. wdwpirates

wdwpirates Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

The nachos ARE awesome. So is the appetizer sampler. The bruschetta is FAB!

It's def true about the walk-ups. We've gone to T-Rex at least twice without ressies. Both times we were seated immediately...and we arrived at peak dining times.

Have fun!!!

20. Fire14

Fire14 Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

You must have gotten really lucky or have better luck than me. I had ressies, select club card and still had 20 min wait for party of 4. this was even when i bypassed line of folks waiting to get to podium to ask about seating.

21. lbkemama

lbkemama Earning My Ears

I didn't think this was part of disney dining?
    What's it like inside.
    We were thinking about trying something new, but we will have a 2 year old with us so I'm not sure if that's a great idea?

Thanks