switched resorts on me!

Anymore confusion could be avoided if you would just call her and talk with her. Trust me, you'll feel much better knowing what's going on. :)

As with all things in life, the more you stress over them the worse things become. Call your sister and tell her you had called WDW about your ressie and they told you what you told us. Ask her, calmly, what's going on. You need to get a breakdown of the money you already put out and what you're getting from WDW (room, tickets, etc.) to make certain you've got what's coming to you. Hotels aside...you may be better off at seperate locations. Too often there are many problems travelling with another group. Enjoy "your" family.

I agree. As much as I love my family I would never travel with them because something always happens.
I have a friend who went to WDW in June with her sisterinlaw and family and when they checked into the hotel they lost her niece and the sisterinlaw blamed it on her when she wasn't responsible for her. Since she was the one checking everyone in she assumed she was watching her when in fact my friend was just keeping an eye on her own son.
I would always rather travel with my own family only because we can stay on our own schedule and do what we want to do and not worry about everyone else.
But back to the matter at hand----call your sister and find out what is going on.

You can only be a doormat if you allow yourself to be a doormat!!!!

You need to stop posting this all over the DIS boards and CALL YOUR SISTER!!

PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!!!

Its ok - the OP is new to the DIS, she may have posted on different boards to get different responses - ie family board, family type info, Resteraunt Board, maybe to get a view on the ressies ie her DD 3rd bday at the Castle, and then here on the Resort Board, because now its 2 differrent resorts, so differnet people give different responses.

Its ok, the mods take care of things, and when you know better...

Hope things are ok honeybug :goodvibes

I read little bits and pieces here.. a little bit there... so she is not surprising you. They are staying at the Poly and you're still at POP and she changed the tix from 8 days to 5 days. This is what I would do. Tell her to forget about the trip. Tell her you want your money back. The you book your trip yourself. It is very easy to do. You can call CRO or do it on line~ Disney.com

I would be mad too if I was in your case. But you know what.. since I am a Disney not.. I am not going to let her ruin my trip! I would do the trip without them. I would plan everything.. book everything for myself. And I will have a "magical" trip with or without them.

I like it Fantasia, unless that means giving up free dining!! and it would mean giving up CRT for he DD 3rd Birthday...

I do agree you must take this lemon and make lemonade... and when a situation is so emotional charged, it makes it even that much more difficult!!

The hardest part would be to sit and talk in person, to cry it out together, to not get into an acussatory situation... But I certainly wouldnt let them control my trip, my emotions!! I'd try very hard to make lemonade!! :wizard:

I dont know why family treats each other so shabbily (as in my own situation!!) its how we rise above it, that we teach our kids valuable lessons, imho

:grouphug:

Thanks for all of the great advice today! Well, my husband talked to my bil and it turns out that he was the one who booked his family in the Poly without telling us. He was going to surprise my sister. And boy, is she surprised, but not in a good way. I have spoken with her tonight. I told her how hurt we are and she is going to have him "fix" this however he can.
Again, thanks for all of the warm responses!

UrsulasShadow said:
Maybe now you can remove all the multiple posts.

Not everyone knows all the etiquette of online bulletin boards. I would hope this community could overlook a few cross postings from a new user

Shelly

Honeybug said:
Thanks for all of the great advice today! Well, my husband talked to my bil and it turns out that he was the one who booked his family in the Poly without telling us. He was going to surprise my sister. And boy, is she surprised, but not in a good way. I have spoken with her tonight. I told her how hurt we are and she is going to have him "fix" this however he can.
Again, thanks for all of the warm responses!

I am glad you finally got the answer you were looking for. Don't be too upset with BIL....he was trying to surprise his DW and in the process proabaly was not thinking about what if. I am sure you know how it is when you yourself try to surprise your DH or kids and come up with this idea. Do you stop for a second and think, what if..No you go with the fun of the surprise. So you 2 famalies take your trip and have fun. Make those memories magical..

UrsulasShadow said:
Maybe now you can remove all the multiple posts.
Forget it, it's over.. it's done. Besides... you can't delete a post. Once you post that's it. Many moons ago this was possible... but not anymore.

Honeybug... I'm glad it's out in open. Now you know. I hope everything is back to normal. Enjoy your trip! It really would have been nice if your BIL told you rather than finding out later on the day of check in that your sister and the kids will not be staying at the same resort. Anyways... Take care.

Gotta say I am glad this had a happy ending...actually if the BIL is like a lot of the men I know he probably thought he was doing something really nice for his wife and never even thought about how it would make everyone else feel...poor guy....he is gonna be shaking his head over this one for months to come!! Bet he never tries to surprise his wife again!!!

Oh geez... well, I'm sure your BIL wasn't thinking, so matter how it resolves, hope you all still have a magical vacation!

Glad it all worked out . Go and have a great vacation! I'm sure it will all be fine, I'm kina feelin' for your BIL though--as someone else said, it will be a long time before he feels comfortable try to surprise someone!

Trust me....being at your own resort may be a blessing. I just wish the inlaws would stay elsewhere. They think value resorts are "trashy" and we love them! Of course we stay 9 nights to their 2 or 3 so there's a cost factor as well. They decide to slum and stay with us at POP this year....and then they stick to you like glue.....go away! I figure I can stand them for 3 nights and DD gets to play with her cousin (they are both only children).
Why would you even consider losing $2000.00 and not going? Can't you cancel and get your $ back? If you really want to do that.

I'm glad you found out the truth. I think everything will be fine.
I don't know your BIL or his real feelings, but I know my DH, who is a real sweetie and wouldn't hurt anyone intentionally, but might easily get so caught up in carrying out a "surprise" that he would be a little clueless about everyone's feelings!

I've been following this post(s) all day and I am glad there is a reasonable reason for the mix up. Hopefully BIL will be able to straighten it out. Good luck. let us know what finally happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter