switched resorts on me!

They did have to book the trip again. Originally, both trips were booked under one reservation on my sister's credit card. Now my sister and her family's vacation staying at the Poly is booked under the old reservation number and my family's vacation staying at the Pop is booked under a new reservation number.
The biggest thing we are upset about is that they did this without telling us. They lied to us just the other day. Again, where are the 3 missing park hopper tickets?

Go, after being in the parks all day and part of the night you probably need separate time.

Your sister probably didn't know how to tell you they don't want to stay in a value resort and that they don't want to be together 24/7. Make sure you didn't lose free dining when the reservation was switched. She may be delaying telling you so you won't try to strain your resources by switching to the POLY.

It's also possible your sister or BIL is planning on surprising the rest of the family with a magical upgrade.

Honeybug said:
They did have to book the trip again. Originally, both trips were booked under one reservation on my sister's credit card. Now my sister and her family's vacation staying at the Poly is booked under the old reservation number and my family's vacation staying at the Pop is booked under a new reservation number.
The biggest thing we are upset about is that they did this without telling us. They lied to us just the other day. Again, where are the 3 missing park hopper tickets?

I'm sorry but i'm still confused. What missing 3 park hopper tickets?? Didn't you say it was you, your husband and your 2 under 3 daughters?? Under 3 doesn't require a ticket. Also I thought you said it was your sister, her husband and their 2 daughters under 3. So again, they wouldn't require tickets. I come up with only 4 park hopper tickets to begin with. Is there only 1 now???

What I'm not getting is why you just don't ask her about it instead of wondering about her motives.

It sounds to me like you were looking forward to all this together time, but maybe they weren't. It's probably nothing personal -- I mean, I love my sister to death, but I'd never want to spend that much time with them at WDW in adjoining rooms. Maybe she thinks it'll be too stressful and difficult to keep that many people together when they all might want to do different things at different times.

Plus I agree with everything Ducklite said.

meatballsmom said:
I'm sorry but i'm still confused. What missing 3 park hopper tickets?? Didn't you say it was you, your husband and your 2 under 3 daughters?? Under 3 doesn't require a ticket. Also I thought you said it was your sister, her husband and their 2 daughters under 3. So again, they wouldn't require tickets. I come up with only 4 park hopper tickets to begin with. Is there only 1 now???

I thought she meant number of days :confused3

meatballsmom said:

Sounds like the tickets were switched from an 8 day hopper to a 5 day hopper. Maybe sister is planning on spending some days at the POLY pool or Sea World.

Maybe they used your park hopper $$ to pay for their upgrade to the Poly.

You seriously have to talk to them right away. You can't let this go and be "surprised" when you get to the park and you don't have any tickets. Don't let your sister get away with this. You must speak up or she will keep on doing this to you.

Sorry...tough old lady here....can't stand to see anyone stepped on. Ya want me to call her??? ;)

Lewisc said:
Sounds like the tickets were switched from an 8 day hopper to a 5 day hopper. Maybe sister is planning on spending some days at the POLY pool or Sea World.

Oh that makes sense. I thought she meant tickets not days.

It looks like this is being discussed on the restraunt threads as well. Not to be mean...but stop talking to us and call your sister!!!!

JMHO, but if you are close enough to your sister to take a vaca with her, then you are probably close enough to ask her about this. I can't imagine not saying something, especially when your tickets have been affected.

First of all, DON'T LET YOUR SISTER RUIN YOUR VACATION!!! Please, please, do not throw away $2k and let your family miss out on Disney because your sister (or BIL or both) is being thoughtless.

I would just have a frank discussion with her. "Look, I wish you would have at least told me you were staying at another resort". Talk it out and hopefully you can both move forward and have a great time at Disney. I agree with previous posters, sometimes being together ALL THE TIME with another family is not so great on vacation. We tried that once and will never do it again! Little things starting bugging the h*** out of you! Park/dinner times together should be plenty!

The most important issue here is where are the remaining days on your tickets?? If you're there for 8 days and paid for 8 days, you should get your 8 days, not 5! If the reservation is in your name, I would call Disney immediately and find out what happened to your tickets! If your sister didn't transfer the proper $$$ to your reservation to cover the tickets you paid for, this needs to be worked out with your sister ASAP. The additional days really shouldn't be that much, as the more days you buy, the cheaper per day price you pay. This should be worked out easily either with Disney direct or with your sister.

Please let us know what happens! Good luck and have a MAGICAL vacation with your girls!!!!

ChrisAlli said:
It looks like this is being discussed on the restraunt threads as well. Not to be mean...but stop talking to us and call your sister!!!!

yes, and it's also on the Families board as well!

It's time to talk to your sister and get answers to all your questions. If I were you, I would definitely go on the family vacation that you paid for, and don't think once about what they are doing. When we went with SIL, we paid for the room, and we didn't care if we saw her or not.

This isn't the time to worry about why they did it, just get an accounting for the money and reservations NOW. The longer you wait, the more you will "stew" about it, and you will feel worse than you do now. What's done is done, and you can't change that or make them go to POP with you. I agree they are being spineless weasels, but certainly don't lose thousands of dollars because of them!

Honeybug said:
My sister and her family are not trying to surprise me! I know this because our names are no longer under her reservation. They changed our reservation, but we are still at the POP. We had to get a new confirmation number to even be able to check on our reservation. Also when they changed our reservation they somehow changed it from 8 park hopper tickets to 5. What happened to the 3 we paid for? What are we supposed to do now? My husband and I are so hurt. This was supposed to be a family vacation. My sister and I have been talking about this trip on a daily basis since we booked it. We planned our dining together, etc. We are even flying on the same plane to Florida (we live up the street from them). We just talked about Pop the other day and she said nothing. My husband and I know that they didn't tell us because they knew we would be upset. They didn't want to face us. BUT when were they going to tell us? When we got to Disney? I don't think that I can still go to Disney now and have a good time. I am so hurt that my sister and her husband would go behind our backs and lie to us. My sister has hurt me in the past, but WOW I didn't think she would do something like this.
Thanks for listening.

Like many other people have said, you need to be talking to your sister. The longer you wait, the more you tie yourself into knots over this. Right now you don't "know" why they did what they did or why they didn't tell you. I always try to remind myself that, when the situation is unknown, the most innocuous explanation is usually the correct one -- so try not to assume the worst until you know that you have good reason to.

I agree. Talk to your sister. You never know what the circumstances are until you do and your letting your anger fester. Talk to her soon.

I agree -- I say talk to her as soon as you can, but try to calm down first, so you're not just venting at her. The more calmly you can approach the situation, the better!

The tickets should be easy to fix... and definitely check and make sure you still have the free dining added on, and fix it if you don't, because it would be a shame to miss out on that!

I responded on the Resort board,( I came here as I usually do)

but I am curious, do you need help with ADR (advanced Dining Reservation)?

I see you only have 15 posts, so WELCOME TO THE DIS!!

This is a very helpful, friendly site!! Truly, IF your plans have to change, and that is totally unsettling, talk to your sister, and come back, start a thread - hey, if you want to meet up, we're staying about the same time, we're at POR, but at the Resort board there is a HUGE thread of Dis'ers staying at the Pop - on the theme board there is a thread "Who's going in October?" a poster named MommyBoo made a spread sheet of all us disers going in Oct, what dates, and where we're staying!!

So, take a deep breath, decide what you need, and come on back, and we'll help you plan one heck of a memorable, FUN vacation!!

:grouphug:

eeyore45 said:
I responded on the Resort board,( I came here as I usually do)

but I am curious, do you need help with ADR (advanced Dining Reservation)?

I see you only have 15 posts, so WELCOME TO THE DIS!!

This is a very helpful, friendly site!! Truly, IF your plans have to change, and that is totally unsettling, talk to your sister, and come back, start a thread - hey, if you want to meet up, we're staying about the same time, we're at POR, but at the Resort board there is a HUGE thread of Dis'ers staying at the Pop - on the theme board there is a thread "Who's going in October?" a poster named MommyBoo made a spread sheet of all us disers going in Oct, what dates, and where we're staying!!

So, take a deep breath, decide what you need, and come on back, and we'll help you plan one heck of a memorable, FUN vacation!!

:grouphug:

Hey Eeyore!!! I'll be at POR at the same time as you!! Maybe we will see each other. Are you doing green???

I hate to hear you are still considering not going because of your sister...

I would call and see if you can straighten out the park hopper days, it may just be a mistake on their part, but if they can't straighten it out....

What you could do is.... after talking to your sister and seeing what her intentions are and getting answers to your questions-you could tell her that your park hopper days are screwed up and ask for your money back from her. Then if you still want to go (which I hope you do). You could book your ressies yourself to ensure you were getting everything you wanted- the way you wanted it and they will send you luggage tags, tags for Magical Express, confirmation papers for your ressies and you will know for sure that YOUR vacation is the way YOU want it. What can your sister say-it's your money and your vacation and it's her fault for what happened.

I really hope you reconsider going- once you get there you would have so much fun with your family that you would be really glad that you went despite the antics of your sis!

Chelly :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

I don't know the both of you personally and don't know the type of relationship that you both have, however, if this were my sister and she did something like this without telling me I would definitely confront her about it and find out what is going on. After all, this trip is for all of you and any changes made should be discussed.
Of course it would be nice if this was a surprise and you were staying at the Poly also, but if it's not, just look at it that you and your family can come and go as you please and do whatever you want.
Nevertheless, being this is your sister it is very hurtful but definitely ask her about it.
Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter