Swimming Before Check In?

Turts8

Earning My Ears
So, I know that a lot of people get check in's much earlier than 3 PM. If we arrive at our resort (POR) around lunchtime and our room isn't ready yet, can we hop in the pool? What else can we do while we wait?

TIA!!!

Yes. You can check in even if your room isn't ready and use all the facilities of your resort.

Gotcha... So by doing online check-in, we get access. I guess 2+2 is actually 4... A lil slow this morning...:snooty:

By doing online check in you also are letting them know what time you will be arriving. The theory is that the room may be ready sooner since they know when you'll be arriving. Also, when doing online check in there is usally a check box that says something along the lines of what is more important - your room being ready sooner or your other requests. If you don't have any room requests then notifiying Disney that you'd like your room earlier helps! We love to swim on arrival day before our room is ready - or at least the kids do. DH and I are happy to decompress in some pool chairs before all the excitement ensues!

Gotcha... So by doing online check-in, we get access. I guess 2+2 is actually 4... A lil slow this morning...:snooty:
You don't have to use on line check-in, but it will save you some time. You can always go to the front desk upon arrival (any time after 6am) and do the in-person check-in. Either way, you can use the resort's facilities all day on your arrival day.

So by doing online check-in, we get access.

No, anyone can do the checkin process as soon as the computers change over to the next hotel day. That happens around 6am. At that time you can go to the checkin area at the lobby (normal line if you didn't do online checkin, online checkin line otherwise), do the process, and off you go. You might not get a room until after official checkin time, but once you've done the process you are a guest of the resort and can swim, etc.

just because your room is not ready does not mean you cannot check in.

yes you are free to use the pool, eat, go to a park.... even if your room is not yet ready.

At Ole man island they have changing rooms by the pool. You can also explore the resort if you are not planning on going to park on an arrival day. You could take the water taxi and go to Disney springs. There are many things you can do before your room is ready.

At Ole man island they have changing rooms by the pool. You can also explore the resort if you are not planning on going to park on an arrival day. You could take the water taxi and go to Disney springs. There are many things you can do before your room is ready.

If you have Waterpark and more on your stay the dump your stuff and head to a waterpark. It doesn't count towards your regular park tickets. It's exactly what we are doing our arrival day.

This is what we plan on doing on our trip. We added on a night due to great prices on flights so we're staying at ASMu the day before our WL reservation starts. We will hit the pool if our room isn't ready since I want to get over to WL right after we finish breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter