• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Survivor Philippines**Sept 19**No Spoilers

America usually votes for the person I'm also voting for for fan fav but not this time. I was shocked it was Lisa.

I Saw...

Coach
Johnny Fairplay
Russell (AGAIN!)
Rupert

And I think Malcolm is back too because Jeff asked him and he kinda gave it away. But the rumors are other people, franchesca, brandon,brenda, phillip, eric.

Well, the "spoiler" posted about Malcolm being back in the cast of "Redemption" was wrong since the next season ISN'T Redemption...it's another fans v. favorites! I didn't recognize the black woman on the flashes or two of the guys but I saw the ones mentioned above as well as JT from Tocantins.

I Saw...

Coach
Johnny Fairplay
Russell (AGAIN!)
Rupert

And I think Malcolm is back too because Jeff asked him and he kinda gave it away. But the rumors are other people, franchesca, brandon,brenda, phillip, eric.

Like Coach about 70% of the time
I don't want to see Rupert or Johnny

As for Russell :cool1: I would love to see him win a season

Well, the "spoiler" posted about Malcolm being back in the cast of "Redemption" was wrong since the next season ISN'T Redemption...it's another fans v. favorites! I didn't recognize the black woman on the flashes or two of the guys but I saw the ones mentioned above.

I didn't recognize her either. I'm just glad it's not Cirie.

Sorry to jump in at the end, but watched most of it this season. I was in a way surprised but happy with how it turned out. Got a ? as I am not sure I saw it elsewhere. What is the start date(if released) for next season?

I apologize if someone has already mentioned this, as I have not read all the posts. And I haven't watched in years, so I don't know the rules. I assume if it gets down to the point where you have a jury, if there is a tie, the jury decides who goes home. Is that right? Because if so....

Malcolm and Denise may have missed an opportunity. When it was down to 4, and Lisa and Skupin were deciding whether to go with Malcolm or Denise, both Denise and Malcolm assumed their only chance was to align themselves with L&S and hope the other was on the losing end. But.....

What if L&S had picked one, either M or D.

M&D hold firm and together vote for Lisa, since Skupin had immunity.

That's two votes for Lisa and two for either M or D. That would have meant a tie and the jury would have decided who went home. Is that right? (Again, I don't know the rules.) I have to think the jury would have sent Lisa home, putting Skupin, Malcolm and Denise in the final three.

Did anyone else have that thought?

Gee, guess the spoiler was a spoiler. Shocking.

Penner is a writer - he and his wife share the nom for a short la film. He also acts, he's been in Arrested Development, among other, schlockier credits (the Nanny, anyone?)

I thought he was just trying to up the drama - the jury was boring as all get out this season. Outting Lisa was about $$ and a payback for her idiocy.

Was Carter stoned? He just stands and stares with this totally blank, uncomprehending expression, perpetually. Jeff Kent is so jerky. Everyone else was randomly, vaguely bitter or boring. Do something, jury. Dance, monkeys, dance!

I enjoy the march of dead survivors, aka, snack time, btw. It's hilarious listening to them try to come up with something to say about people they don't remember and/or can't stand.

I hope it's clearer now to some t that the show - the season - is edited with the ending in mind. The editors tell a story. They, and everyone else involved in the production of the show, knew who won when the votes were cast.

Oh, cannot believe Welchel won fan favourite - well, almost cannot. Rupert also won. There's some contingent votes for that thing in large numbers that has issues.

I apologize if someone has already mentioned this, as I have not read all the posts. And I haven't watched in years, so I don't know the rules. I assume if it gets down to the point where you have a jury, if there is a tie, the jury decides who goes home. Is that right? Because if so....

Malcolm and Denise may have missed an opportunity. When it was down to 4, and Lisa and Skupin were deciding whether to go with Malcolm or Denise, both Denise and Malcolm assumed their only chance was to align themselves with L&S and hope the other was on the losing end. But.....

What if L&S had picked one, either M or D.

M&D hold firm and together vote for Lisa, since Skupin had immunity.

That's two votes for Lisa and two for either M or D. That would have meant a tie and the jury would have decided who went home. Is that right? (Again, I don't know the rules.) I have to think the jury would have sent Lisa home, putting Skupin, Malcolm and Denise in the final three.

Did anyone else have that thought?

No, the jury has no role at all except to decide on the final prize and make idiotic gestures and raise eyebrows on occasion (unless Jeff is feeling particularly grumpy some evening, as Penner may attest).

In the event of a tie - well, the show has changed this up repeatedly.

Used to be a revote, followed by .. I don't remember if this was the first tiebreak but in the event of a second (upon revote) tiebreak, there was a challenge, like firemaking. First to make a fire that burnt a rope or whatever won.

Then they switched to purple rocking it, where I think there still may be a revote (or maybe not) and then you reach in a bag Jeff holds out and pull a rock blindly (like taking Scrabble tiles) and the person pulls the purple-painted rock goes home.

That kind of ended ties in practice, because the challenge at least had an aspect of skill and thus deservedness to it, but no one wants to be sent home by the pure happenstance of the purple rock.

I'm not sure if that's still the scheme; haven't seen a tie in a while, but I watch seasons intermittantly.

I am watching this off my DVR, but OMG. Penner is not nice. First of all I don't think Denise was a ***** at all, and he was wrong to tell the jury what Lisa did as a child. What a sore loser.

What you said. I liked Penner just fine until his last few sentences. Denise never struck me as a *****. And it was just slimy to out Lisa when he did. It was obviously an attempt to sway the jury. I don't think Lisa would have won anyway, but it was just a skeezy, bitter tactic on his part.

I was surprised that all the finalist were "old" by Survivor standards. Not a young one in the bunch.

Thanks for the explanation.

No, the jury has no role at all except to decide on the final prize and make idiotic gestures and raise eyebrows on occasion (unless Jeff is feeling particularly grumpy some evening, as Penner may attest).

In the event of a tie - well, the show has changed this up repeatedly.

Used to be a revote, followed by .. I don't remember if this was the first tiebreak but in the event of a second (upon revote) tiebreak, there was a challenge, like firemaking. First to make a fire that burnt a rope or whatever won.

Then they switched to purple rocking it, where I think there still may be a revote (or maybe not) and then you reach in a bag Jeff holds out and pull rocks blindly (like taking Scrabble tiles) and the person pulls the purple-painted rock goes home.

That kind of ended ties in practice, because the challenge at least had an aspect of skill and thus deservedness to it, but no one wants to be sent home by the pure happenstance of the purple rock.

I'm not sure if that's still the scheme; haven't seen a tie in a while, but I watch seasons intermittantly.

I thought so, too. I wish Malcolm and Denis would have teamed up and voted for Lisa. That way one of them could have won a tie breaker.

When they go to the purple rock, everyone has to pick a rock, not just the tied players, iirc.

dakcp2001 said:
I thought so, too. I wish Malcolm and Denis would have teamed up and voted for Lisa. That way one of them could have won a tie breaker.

I don't think Malcolm and Denise wanted to go to the finals with each other I think they both wanted to be in a final 3 with lisa and skupin

I don't think Malcolm and Denise wanted to go to the finals with each other I think they both wanted to be in a final 3 with lisa and skupin

It would have been really hard to choose between Malcolm and Denise. Looking forward to next season.

The contestant that just kissed Jeff...doesn't she realize he is married??

I Saw...

Coach
Johnny Fairplay
Russell (AGAIN!)
Rupert

Which Russell, the one that was on this last episode or the nutcase one that had the nephew that was as crazy as him play on a later episode?

Was Carter stoned? He just stands and stares with this totally blank, uncomprehending expression, perpetually. .

LOL- I think that was just his normal dumb look-that boy doesn't have many brain cells to spare so I hope he doesn't smoke pot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter