Surprising the Littles, DxDP, CBR and MNSSHP!! A Late Sept/Early Oct 2012 PTR

Hey! Thought I would do a quick update. We are in PA visiting my family. Its been a nice visit so far. My cousin and his wife just had their first baby on Fri. Hes super cute. The girls and I have been hanging out in the pool and watching Disney channel. haha. We dont have cable back home and usually watch a bunch of movies. Now they will know who Jake is when we eat at Hollywood & Vine. hahaha. I hope to get the last of our shirts made sometime this week. I just have out tyedye ones for our arrival day to make. I do have to do a bleach affect one the adult Hollywood Studios shirts but if I dont get to it no biggie. I still have Jasons costume and the skirt for mine to do. I found maps for the parks and Im going to print them out and mark what we want to do to have more of a plan when we hit the parks. Not to much left to do but I wont have too much time to do it when we get back home at the end of the month. Few more days and we have to pay off the balance!! Cant wait then theres no going back for sure. Not that we would cancel and lose our $1000 for plane tickets. hahaha.

Have a Magical day everyone!!

Hello! Just found your PTR. You are very creative! I did make tie-dye shirts for a trip last year but that is as creative as I get, lol.

I will be there at the same time! I am going on a solo trip from 9/27-10/2 and MNSSHP on 9/30! I will be sure to look for you! I have not decided if I am going to dress up or not, I keep going back and forth.

I have stayed at CBR before, back in 2009. Your kids will love the pool! I really enjoyed the hot tubs, :thumbsup2.

I look forward to reading more of your PTR.

Take care,

Mary

mjaure said:
Hello! Just found your PTR. You are very creative! I did make tie-dye shirts for a trip last year but that is as creative as I get, lol.

I will be there at the same time! I am going on a solo trip from 9/27-10/2 and MNSSHP on 9/30! I will be sure to look for you! I have not decided if I am going to dress up or not, I keep going back and forth.

I have stayed at CBR before, back in 2009. Your kids will love the pool! I really enjoyed the hot tubs, :thumbsup2.

I look forward to reading more of your PTR.

Take care,

Mary

Thank you and welcome!!! My oldest saw a picture of cbr, not knowing where it was, and said she wants to go there. hahaha

If you spot us at the party be sure to say hi!!

We have Mickey Mail!!!!!

32 days to go. I have all the kids clothes packed except the one for our stroller bag. I still have some costume stuff to finish up as well.

My goal is to finish everything up by fri so that sat I can post our finalized plans for day 1 &2 and do that the next three weeks until its time to leave!! I cant believe we have a little over four weeks left!!! And I kept the surprise so far!!:dance3:

Is there anyone still following along? I neglected this thread for a bit being out of town and even now as we are back its been tough with so much left to do. First off let me just say......
24 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Ok now on to an update. I thought I would post a little about our trip to visit my family. We had a blast. Swimming, tanning, and shopping!

My oldest, Aaralynn, was given worms by my dad (Pap) and she dubbed them her pet squirmy wormies. She is not scared of anything! As proof here is a pic of her with my brother's pet ghecko.
2012-08-24084714.jpg

We also celebrated my youngest brother's 18th birthday after daddy came down. The girls were so happy to see daddy. They hung on to him until it was time to leave for home, three days later. :rotfl2:
2012-08-24212837.jpg

When daddy came he helped decorate the cake for my brother. He still likes monster trucks, mudding, roping, and everything country. Here's the cake:
2012-08-25234705.jpg

It was a surprise party and he had no idea. Was so nice to see some of the family. Even those who didnt care to come around during the three weeks we were there.:furious:

While we were there my wonderful mom took us shopping. Almost everything she got for me or the girls was Disney. :cloud9: We even grabbed a shirt for Jason! I will be posting pictures when I get into our daily plans. Here's one of the girls just before we came home. You can see how much they have grown since we started planning this trip. Aaralynn asks all the time about going to Disney and lets me know what shes gonna do when she finally goes. We just watched a preview for Tinkerbell and the Winter Woods and I told her that Periwinkle will be in the park starting on Sunday. She got so excited and asked if we were going Sunday! Took all I have to not tell her that we will be there the 29th!!
2012-08-22104454.jpg

Next up our Day 1 finalized plans!

Sept 28th will be a crazy busy day. Our flight leaves very early on the 29th so EVERYTHING must be done the day before.:eek:

First thing in the morning the plan is to wake the girls up and give them a map. Aaralynn watched ALOT of Jake and the Neverland Pirates in PA and has been talking about following a map. I plan to make an easy one that leads them out of the bedroom, past the couch, into the kitchen, around the table, into the living room with an big X inside the tv stand. Inside will be Mickey & Minnie holding a DVD. When they put it in it will be us announcing that in the morning we will be getting on an airplane and going on a special trip to.....DISNEYWORLD!

Then I can pull out the luggage and double check everything. Technically it will be the fifth or sixth time checking. I have had most of the stuff packed for a couple months.:rolleyes1

Also on the list of to dos:
Clean rabbit cage
Straighten up apartment
Do all dishes
Put hold on mail
Empty fridge
Take out garbage
Arrange someone to feed and water rabbits
Unplug lights and turn everything off

Then its off to bed by about 8pm if we can.

Next up: LEAVING DAY!!!:love:

Hello! I have been packed for a few weeks now as well, lol. A treasure map seems like a lot of fun! Are you going to video it? I love watching the videos of kids being surprised with trips on You Tube.

3 weeks from today I will be getting off a plane in Orlando!! :cool1: I am still undecided on a costume for the Halloween party that Sunday. Did you get yours finished?

--Mary

mjaure said:
Hello! I have been packed for a few weeks now as well, lol. A treasure map seems like a lot of fun! Are you going to video it? I love watching the videos of kids being surprised with trips on You Tube.

3 weeks from today I will be getting off a plane in Orlando!! :cool1: I am still undecided on a costume for the Halloween party that Sunday. Did you get yours finished?

--Mary
We will be videoing it. So excited to tell the girls! i have both the girls done and only have a little bit left on mine. Dbf's needs everything still. Lol. Hoping i hit the jackpot tomorrow at the salvation army so im not stuck sewing the whole thing. Lol. I will be posting pictures soon!

OK, so I said I would get to this a week ago, oops!:confused3

This will be a very early morning for us. At last check our flight was leaving at 730am. We live an hour or so from the airport and need to leave extra time for parking and shuttle to the airport. Hopefully we can get someone to drive us but with it being that early I dont think its gonna happen. :confused:

We will get up at 330 or 4am and shower and get dressed, the kids will already be dressed and bags already loaded in the car.
This is what we will be wearing:
2012-08-15145021.jpg
2012-08-15144953.jpg
2012-08-15144935.jpg
, paired with jean shorts for all.

Hopefully everything will go smoothly with check-in and getting on the plane. We arrive by 10am and will go to the restroom and then straight to MAGICAL EXPRESS!:love:

When we arrive at CBR, I'm hoping that the box I am mailing down (UPS) will be at the front desk since it has all our decor and bathroom stuff. After we do a quick change into shorts we will heading to

MAGIC KINGDOM!!

This is my favorite park and I think will be both of the girls favorite too.

Our first stop after walking through the tunnel to Mainstreet will be the Town Square Theatre to exchange our Photopass+ prepay for the real thing. So glad we prepaid and wont have to worry about it the day of other than exchanging. Hopefully with the new full prepay on photopass+ there wont be any problems. I was happy to see they added this option and we saved $30!:yay:
As soon as we get our photopass+ we will grab fastpasses for the princesses and Mickey at the theatre. (hopefully they wont all be gone already?:eek:)
We will be hungry since we will have only eaten cereal bars and snacks on the plane so we will grab some CS at either Casey's Corner or Main Street Bakery and roam around mainstreet looking in shops until we can use our fastpasses.

On our first ever trip in 2010, we walked up to the castle just as the stage show was starting. I cried. :idea: I'm hoping this happens around the time we grab some food. :thumbsup2

Since we prob wont get into the park until about 12p and its closes at 11pm (they changed it since I planned my days, :love:) we will be sticking to Mainstreet USA and Fantasyland. If we run out of things to do we may go into another land but I tried to split it up so we dont miss anything.

We have a reservation for Aaralynn at BBB at 530pm and then our ADR is at 640 at CRT!
In between arrival and our ressies and then after we would like to do:
Dream Along with Mickey (again hopefully while we eat?)
Fairytale Garden
Prince Charmings Carousel
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mad Tea Party
Dumbo
Peter Pan's Flight

Its not too much but hopefully we can do it all and move on to another "land".

With our photopass+ I plan on stopping at every photographer we see. :rotfl2:

Mainstreet Electrical Parade is at 8 and Wishes at 9 and we want to catch those. If we dont there is one other day we could catch them. We have an early morning the next day so we may head out early to avoid the crowded buses.

As I said this will be an early morning, at least for us. :rotfl2: We have an ADR at: 1900 Parkfare at 820am. I decided we will take a taxi this morning so we will call the front desk to have one pick us up. I hope to be in the park by 10a after taking the monorail from The Grand Floridian.

We will be wearing:
2012-07-11202555.jpg
Dbf has the same color shirt as mine but without the Mickey head. I didnt think he would like that. :rotfl:

This day we will do anything in Fantasyland that we missed and let the girls play at the new splash zone.

I'd like to grab a snack at Sleepy Hollow if its not to far out of the way around 1p or earlier if we get hungry. Most of the day will be spent in Tomorrowland.
We would like to do:
Tomorrowland Speedway (Both girls should be tall enough to ride)
Astro Orbiter
Tomorrowland Transit Peoplemover
Buzz's Ranger Spin
Stitch's Great Escape (Aaralynn is finally tall enough but Piper is not so we will do RS)

I'm hoping we will get all of this done by 330 or 4p and grab a CS at Cosmic Ray's or Tomorrowland Terrace.

The second half of our day will be at MNSSHP!!!
I think we will prob grab a locker and put our costumes in it when we first arrive at MK. So after our dinner we will go get our stuff and get everyone dressed. As I posted a little bit ago, DBF decided he didnt like our costumes so he wanted to change them. Yes with 30 days to go!!!:scared1:
But since I didnt like mine, we switched!:rolleyes1 So what are we gonna be now???

Well Piper will be wearing this:
2012-09-02124356.jpg
Along with a black headband with a big bow on it.
Aaralynn will be:
2012-09-04140512.jpg

Sensing a theme here?:banana::rotfl2:

This is mine:
2012-09-09115400.jpg

I dont have a pic of me wearing it yet but I will post some when we come back home. Havent decided if I will be doing a TR yet though.

Dbf will be the Mad Hatter but his costume isnt done yet. I managed to find the perfect green pants for him at the Salvation Army. I also found a white jacket that I could have dyed the ugly mustard yellow color but Piper ripped the tag off and they refused to sell it to me for the price I said was on the sticker. It was priced for 1.99 and was a purple tag which was 1/2 off that day! They wanted to charge me $4. So instead I have to make the jacket, vest, and hat. I have all the material but need to make patterns and get started. lol

For the MNSSHP we want to do everything that isnt available during regular park hours.

We will most likely stay until they kick us out. :lmao:

This morning we will prob sleep in a little. After an early morning on our arrival day and a late night for MNSSHP we will need it, though I dont know if the kids will let us sleep. Neither one naps anymore (yea I know it really sucks:coffee:), but they may in the stroller.

So where are we going this morning??

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS!

2012-07-15165526.jpg

I made these shirts for the girls. I got a red shirt and I got DBF a Star Wars shirt that has red on it.

This is our least favorite park. We literally left early and hated most of the park.
There are a few things that we did like and would like to do again but we are mostly going so we can have lunch at Hollywood & Vine. The girls love Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Agent Oso, and Little Einsteins. They also love Doc Mcstuffins but she's not there.:worried:

But our ADR isnt until 1p so we will grab some breakfast at Starring Rolls.

Now this park is hard to figure out. We walked around like crazy on our last trip and couldnt figure it out. I have been staring at the map and though I can see the things we want to do and have them marked, some of it I just CAN NOT see how to get to directly.

What we want to do:
Star Tours (RS for this since Piper is too short)
Muppet Vision 3D (this is a maybe, Dbf loves the muppets)
Studio Backlot Tour (this is a maybe, we didnt do it yet and I would like to but I have major anxiety issues and dont know if I can last through the whole tour)
TSMM
The Magic of Disney Animation (we missed this, prob because I have no idea how to get to it, lol)
Disney Junior Live on Stage
Beauty and the Beast Live Show
ToT

Not a whole lot but will take time as everything is a show. The only rides have fastpasses but they are in three different directions! Hopefully I can figure out a good flow for this day before we leave.

After we eat lunch I would like to catch the Pixar Parade and of course we want autographs, but after that or as soon as we are tired of walking in circles and being lost, we are leaving. There is no set time for us to leave really but we do have an ADR at 655 in another park.

Part 2 coming soon!

Ok so after being bored, stressed, aching feet from walking circles its time to hop a bus to our resort. We will do a quick change of clothes, maybe do a little swimming. It all depends on what time we leave HS. So where are we going for the evening?

Why back to MAGIC KINGDOM!:cool1::rotfl2:
Did I mention this is my favorite park?

I dont have pictures of our change of clothes, they are already packed and if I take them out I know Aaralynn will want to wear them and theres no sneaking since shes being really nosy lately!)

Our dinner ADR is at Liberty Tree Tavern. DBF really liked the food here. I loved the mashed potatoes but did not like the bathrooms. Again I have issues and two stalls and walking all the way upstairs just makes my anxiety go up. We may cancel this ADR, depending on how I feel that day.

So why are we back to MK when we were here the first two days??
Well they first day was only a half day(ish), the second day was a half day(ish) since we dont want to miss any of the party stuff. So I think one more half day should be enough. Plus its EMH!

If we get there by 6pm we should have time after we eat to get the rest of the park done. This day we will need to do adventureland, Frontierland, and Liberty Square if we didnt get a chance the days before.

On our list for these areas:
Tinkerbell's Nook
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
POTC
Splash Mountain (RS again for Piper)
BTMR(RS again)
Haunted Mansion

We will also need to see any characters we missed and more photopass photos. And for a snack I def want a funnel cake!

So far I havent really said anything about snacks and theres a reason for it...Coming soon!

So what will we be wearing today?
2012-07-18154828.jpg

The kids will be wearing these while DBF and I wear brown. Paired with khackis. Can you guess why?:scratchin

For ANIMAL KINGDOM!
We have an early morning ADR at TUSKER HOUSE! We loved TH on our first visit. Tha park opens at 9a and we have an ADR for 905a. We will take a taxi (to avoid having to leave so early) to get here at 830. Hopefully they will let us in that early so we can walk back to TH and not have to wait forever for our ressie. We waited like an hour last time. :hourglass While waiting to be seated we will grab fastpasses for Kilamanjaro Safari for after we eat.

Our list of things we want to do:
FoTLK
Greeting Trails
PFET
Wildlife Express Train (only to get to Conservation Station for Pocohantas)
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Kali (RS for Piper)
The Boneyard
Fossil Fun Games
Triceratop Spin
Dinosaur (RS for Piper)

We want to meet any characters here as we missed all but TH.

We would like to grab lunch at Flame Tree BBQ but prob on our way out to eat at the resort while we swim.

Our evening plans are relaxing at the pool and going to sleep early. If we leave really early we may go to another park for a bit or for dinner. Id love to try Earl of Sandwich in DTD but the hassle of getting there for some food doesnt seem worth it.

If we eat at flame tree late then we may just grab a snack at the resort. We may swim for a bit and then go to Epcot if we want to hit a park. I have no set plans for our evening though so we will play it by year.

Day 5 Plans Next!

This day starts early again, which is why we either be at the resort or only going to a park for dinner and maybe a ride or two.

We have an 835 ADR at OHANA!!
The girls have matching clothes for here. Aaralynn has a hawaiian shirt and white shorts while Piper has a white shirt and matching hawaiian skirt. Again no pics as I had to pack the clothes so they wouldnt wear them.:rotfl2:

We will be wearing grey shirts all day.

I love Lilo & Stitch so Im excited to eat here. We will be taking a taxi again to save on time. Now I heard that Epcot is on the monorail and so is the Poly so I figured we would just hop on and go. But I just learned its on a separate track? So I guess it will be by bus.

We should get to EPCOT shortly after opening of Future World. The girls have a quick change of clothes for epcot. The outfits I recently posted of Patriotic Mickey/Minnie shirts. The other outfits will be their change of clothes in case they get messy or wet from fountains.

We want to see:
Innoventions
Epcot Character Spot
The Seas with Nemo (we missed this somehow)
Soarin
Livin with the Land

Now since we are in Epcot and its at the end of our trip, THIS is why we saved our snack credits. We are on deluxe dining and get 2 a day. Hopefully we wont need alot of drinks since we get so many meals. I have only one ADR a day for most of the trip since we hated having so many last trip but the kids and DBF eat 3 meals a day and it just seemed better for us. I have a punch card and will mark off during the week as we may be splitting some meals and grabbing 4 on some days with those long hours.

So why do we need the snack credits? Why for F&W of course!!:cool1:
I know DBF will love this, this is also his favorite park.

We do have a lunch ADR at Rose & Crown and a dinner one at Via Napoli. We will prob keep the Via Napoli one but cancel the other. We will have to see since our 4th day we MAY come here for dinner and do sampling then.

We want to see the Eat to the Beat Concert also and on this day will have Sugar Ray.

As you may remember I got the girls and I cage necklaces so we will do pick a pearl in Japan. We didnt really go in any of the buildings on our first trip so I want to check them out more this time. I grew bored of walking back and forth of world showcase but DBF loved it. We will prob stay for some of the EMH this night.

The next day is our going home day:sad: so we may go to bed early so we can do any things we missed at all the parks.

Next up...I dont wanna leave!!!

So we come to the end of our trip. We will have been on all our fave rides, met all our favorite characters, had wonderful meals at some great places, and made tons of magical memories; but now its time to go home. :sad:

Our flight leaves at 620 so I figure ME wont take us to the airport until about 3p. That leaves us until about 2pm to get in some last minute fun. Now we have park hoppers but really havent made many plans to use them. I think its a waste when using Disney transportation to sit on busses for hours when we could just stay where we are. DBF wanted them. This is where is will really come in handy. On our first trip we missed Aladdin and the Genie the day before our departure day but found out the time for Aladdin and Jasmine the next day and got to see them before heading home.

Whatever we missed that we really want to see we can try to fit in. I know I would like to have lunch at Columbia Harbor House. But that depends on where we are. I assume it will be MK tho. :rotfl2::cool1:

Since our flight is at 620 and we wont get back home till almost 10p we will want to eat on the plane or right before we get on the plane. Now I have it figured that we will most likely have a meal or two left over as I dont eat much a day. I would rather grab something yummy from Disney then get McDonalds at the airport. :crazy2: So I may throw some ice in a baggie to keep something cool until we get on the plane. That should keep the kids busy for the first part and they may sleep the rest of the time. And of course any snacks left we will grab something we can take home.

So thats the last of our plans. I will be stopping back when I get the mad Hatter costume done to post a picture and post the video when we tell the girls the BIG SURPRISE!!:banana::banana::banana:

I have less than three weeks and have alot to do but I will stop in to post about the last minute stuff needed before we LEAVE!!! 18 DAYS!!!!

Just Subscribed
I am working my way through your PTR and enjoying it! popcorn::
I totally love the autograph books you made very cute and creative :worship:
Congrats on the single digits. Sounds like you'll have a great trip. Have Fun!pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter