Surprised the kids, wife, and my readers w/ a 2 week trip to AoA!(*NEW* 11-7)

You are such a TEASE!!!! :rotfl2:

I guess Mickey Magic did it with Parker. So glad he was feeling better and this time it seemed like it stuck. Maybe the pedialite????

I have not heard about Mickey Doppler radar either. :confused3

Looking forward to hearing about your next trip plans.:goodvibes
just keeping you on your toes, and excited for the unknown. :)

i am thinking that is just what that CM named it, because i have not heard it called that before either unless that is there secret code name for it.

:tiptoe:

We got back Wednesday and it looks like I'm just in time for an update! Yay!!

It sounds like you had a fantastic afternoon! Too bad about Splash being down though! Next time Parker will be just that much more excited to ride it again!

Noelle is so sweet looking at all those stuffed animals! Sooo many to pick from!

Can't believe your TR is almost over! It's been so fun to read! Looking forward to reading the rest!! :-)

welcome back hope you had a good time, all ready to start your TR now?

next trip i hope to prepare him more for a few of the other rides he might be unsure by watching some videos of them to show they are okay.

i know doesnt seem like it was only a year ago that we went.

wow a year ago...time to go back.
::yes::

Chapter 72. Leaving before we are kicked out.

With splash down and wanting to make sure that we did at least one more thing for parker (and noelle) before we left the parks for good this trip.

Parker chose to take a ride on the train.

On the way up to the front of main street we stopped in the emporium and got him a gift that i had been wanting to get since we saw it early in the week. The tram system play set. It is the tram that picks up guests in the parking lot and brings them to the front of the parks to enter...you cant play disney world at home without it of course.

So we picked that up and headed up the ramp with our stroller to wait the train.

When we got to the top of the ramp we were greeted with this sight.

We hurried and put or stuff to the side and jumped on the train.

The Conductor told us that this was the 2nd to last train that was running that day since they had the event that night so it was a good thing we hurried.

Parker looked thrilled to be riding the train around. and it made us happy to end the day on a fun family ride.

As we went around the park it was fun to just sit and relax...and seeing the train station from fantasyland was a plus as we never made it to that station to get on the train having our MK day cut short the last time we entered.

So it was neat to see the luggage and such at that station.

The kids both liked this blown up mickey head

when we got back to the station it was almost 7 so we knew our time was running out on the night. but we did find something new it was not a pressed penny machine but a pressed quarter machine under the station that we let parker make of the casey junior as he calls it or the walt disney train.

As we were walking out to the buses noelle was in good spirits and we knew she had a good day.

parker was doing good as well protecting his new tram toy and making sure it didnt leave his sight.

on the bus on the way home we gave the kids some glow sticks to play with, there was another family on the bus from kentucky and parker talked and laughed with the little boy the whole way home, they had a blast with the glow sticks...and parker declared him his new best friend ever.

When we got back to our room we saw a sight in our window. We had noticed this sort of thing on other windows during the week but never had ours done like that and the kids got a huge kick out of it when they saw it.

as we entered our room something seemed out of place but we could not figure it out right away.

we did see that minnie had taken over the bed instead of the normal mickey head towel animal.

looking on parkers bed we saw this, and it still didnt register with us yet.

noelle was laughing so i think she got it.

when we finally noticed this next sight, we put two and two together and realized what was going on.

we remembered turning the TV off that morning and realized that the animals had turned it back on which is why they had the remote in front of them...they were watching everyones favorite show in the room.

the minnie theme continued into the bathroom.

and on the soaps behind the toilet.

very clever and the kids liked the new style from the mousekeepers.

while candi got the kids ready for bed i went off to the main building to pick up the items that we had shipped there from DTD the day before and also to pick out a few other things...those few other things with the DTD things ended up being a very large handful and luckily the bags they put them in are very thick to hold the weight.

You could also tell that everyone in the store was trying to use up there snack credits because they were coming up the counters with 10-15 items to cash out.

Just a little idea of my walk back to the room i had one bag with the monorail toy in it, and another bag with the contemporary toy in it...and both of those bags were full with other stuff...Still not 100% sure that they would fit in our luggage to get home but i measured and they should fit?:scratchin

should being the key word.

when i got back to the room i gave candi a gift that she had been eyeing all trip, so i figured now was a good time for her to have it.

well and the fact that i just bought it in the store helped.

still not sure what it is.

how about this does that help?

her new pumpkin decoration.

surrounded by his best stuffed animal friends parker quickly drifted off to sleep.

he was soon after followed by this little monkey who fell asleep next to candi

with the kids asleep it was time for me to start packing up the gifts i bought and hide them in the luggage.

the CM's were very nice about giving me large black trash bags so i could put them around the disney bags so parker would not see the monorail gifts that were coming home with us ahead of time

Now the packing of them. Luckily on the way to disney i put another suitcase inside of a bigger one so i would still have room to put our regular luggage on the way home.

I was also counting on the fact that noelle would go threw enough diapers that would free up some space for the trip home.

Needless to say the monorail boxes didnt fit in the luggage.

that is until pushed on both sides of the super rigid plastic frame body of the luggage and stretched it apart that last 1/2 inch to let the monorail box fall into place.

Needless to say no returning of the toy since the sides were now pushed in a little and thakful for the strong styrofoam that comes in those boxes to protect them.

Both large boxes fit in our large suitcases, now the fun task of packing everything else we lugged with us around those boxes and the rest of the goodies we were taking home with us.

after working like ninjas being as quite as we could for 30 minutes we were all packed up and ready for bed.

we were both in bed watching tv by 9:45.

the next day we had nothing planned until our 2:00 pick up from ME so we basically had a relaxing day scheduled by the pool

but that will be next time.

Fun update, Dan.

Glad you ended your day in a perfect way with a train ride around the MK. We love that train ride.

I love Parker holding on to his gift for dear life, and Noelle with that beautiful smile of hers.

Nice work on the packing job getting everything in (even the boxes that didn't fit).

Sweet babies sleeping.

Parker looks thrilled with the train ride!

Those are beautiful pics of the kids sleeping. How sweet!

I LOVE that Mickey you got Candi! I brought that home for my GF after one of my trips. I really wanted it for myself. Hmmmmm - might have to buy it this year! :thumbsup2

Love that you stayed at the MK until party time. I just think the park looks so cool as the lights first start to go on!

We may be riding the Train a lot in October without the GAC cards , maybe all we can get on:rotfl2:But they all like the Train anywho!!!I LOVED the Mickey Pumpkin !!!! So neat !!I am gonn be in Albany for Halloween so not even bothering to decorate , now Judy and Kyle have moved out . It is just the girls and me and at 18 they do not hang around with Grannie much !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Parker got some really cool toys. I hope on our next trip we can pick up some of those toys for my little dude. I bet that was hard packing everything. That is why we always drive, that way I can always get what we want. We just need a bigger car!

Looks like I missed a couple of updates!

Wow, that tummy bug really hung on a long time. :crazy2: Kudos to Mickey for buying Parker a shirt! I think it WAS magic!
Too bad Splash was down - I've never heard of Mickey Doppler, either, but it makes sense. So fun to see you regrouped and took the train.

Fun Minnie towels! How fun all the little touches that were done, and the animals watching TV! :rotfl2:
Nice job on the gift for Candi, and the packing!
I'm sorry to see your trip ending, but I guess you've been traveling for a year so it's time to start another TR, right? :rotfl2:

Sounds like a great last day at the parks. Trent loves riding the train around the park

Sounds like Parker got a lot of great gifts

Good job getting all boxes to fit in your luggage. I guess all those times stuffing potato head boxes helped you :rotfl:

So glad you got a ride on the train in!

Parker has a deathgrip on his new toy!

Noelle is rocking those froggy pj's..do they come in adult sizes? :)

I've had to try to stuff large packages in my suitcases before and then I discovered that Disney ships. Best money ever spent!

Jill in CO

Parker looks so happy on the train! I am pretty bummed it will be down when we go on out next trip.

Great ninja skills in packing things .... What we call "teaching it to fit"

You are so serious in the Buzz pic. LOL
Looked like a fun last evening.
Neither kid wanted a toy? Did you take their temperature? LOL
Glad you got the toys packed.

Great TR! I'm only half way through but it's been fun seeing your daughter's take on things. We just got back a couple weeks ago from a trip with our little ones (I'm writing my first TR about it) and we're already thinking about going back next year. At that point DD will be about the age your daughter was during this TR. It's been encouraging to see how your DD handled nap time. I'm hopeful that our little girl will be as easy going about it!

Nice job getting one last train ride in! Always a classic.

Love the Mousekeeping fun, and nice work packing. How come things never fit the way they're supposed to?

Awww, the trip is coming to a close. :sad1: It's been fun watching y'all have such a great time together, I can't believe how grown the kids look now compared to this trip! :upsidedow

Can't wait to hear about your new trip coming up!! :goodvibes

Day 2 comments:
Love Parker’s autograph book! What a great idea!

Good Daddy buying Noelle her own autograph pen.

Oh and I too call DHS MGM. I’m a Disney Purist and refuse to call it DHS so you and I see eye to eye there. Kelly always makes fun of me for it.

HAHA about not knowing about the ramp leading to TSMM. It is pretty hidden though.

Love coming across Buzz & Woody meet right when they open. Best time to be there!

Love the pics with the guys! Alex is obsessed with Buzz too for sure!

Love that song! And you’re so right. It’s nice to always have someone on your side to hold your hand when you don’t feel like you can make it alone. Great sentiment!

The small things we usually rush past in the parks are sometimes the greatest! Did y’all find the singing in the rain umbrella?

Love the pictures of Parker and Noelle holding hands. Precious! I hope you’ve framed that one.

BTW, I love Parker’s R2D2 shirt!

HAHA that looks like us giving Alex a drink through straws on his first trip the way you were giving a drink to Noelle through a straw at the ABC Commissary. It was so nice when he finally figured out how to drink through a straw on his own.

Love the pictures of Parker and Sorcerer Mickey!

Haha on the poo meet with Pooh! They always seem to do that at the most opportune time!

Great pictures with Jake and Handy Manny! We missed out on all of the Disney Jr characters on this trip. You’ll see me talk about why in my TR. Ugh!

We haven’t seen that parade at MGM. I must make a note to hit it up next trip.

We also still haven’t seen LMA since they added McQueen. I have a feeling we won’t be either because we won’t be back to Disney I don’t think until 2015 and I know that’s one of the things they are taking out for the park renovations.

Glad Noelle slept when she felt like it. Alex did that too on his first trip at 14 months old and also on his 2nd trip at 2 years old but didn’t have that kind of luck on this trip we just got back from.

Haha love the Funny pic of y’all in front of the Sorcerer’s hat! How Parker and Candi match and you and Noelle match. Too cute!

Love the magic shots too. Especially the balloon one.

welcome back hope you had a good time, all ready to start your TR now?

**Thank you! We did! And yes, a TR is coming soon!!!!!

next trip i hope to prepare him more for a few of the other rides he might be unsure by watching some videos of them to show they are okay.

**That's a great idea! It's nice having access to so many videos nowadays to help ease the kiddos into things that they may initially be unsure about!

i know doesnt seem like it was only a year ago that we went.

wow a year ago...time to go back.
::yes::

**Definitely!!! ::yes::

ETA: So I hit post before I added anything about your most recent update! Oops!

Anyway! The train is a perfect way to end your last day! Parker and Noelle really look like they had fun!

Love what the mousekeepers did with the animals and towels!! So cute!

The Mickey pumpkin is really neat! What a nice surprise!

Awesome job squeezing all those gifts into your luggage!

The pictures of Parker and Noelle sleeping on your last night are precious! You all had a great ending to your last day!! :-)

Fun update, Dan.

Glad you ended your day in a perfect way with a train ride around the MK. We love that train ride.

I love Parker holding on to his gift for dear life, and Noelle with that beautiful smile of hers.

Nice work on the packing job getting everything in (even the boxes that didn't fit).

Sweet babies sleeping.
im not sure how you could not love train rides, so glad you agree with me there, we try and take it as much as possible to get around and always take a full trip around on it each trip.

yep he was not letting that gift go.

next trip i wont have to worry about packing the suitcases since we will have our own vehicle so i can bring home even BIGGER boxes.:yay:

Parker looks thrilled with the train ride!

Those are beautiful pics of the kids sleeping. How sweet!

I LOVE that Mickey you got Candi! I brought that home for my GF after one of my trips. I really wanted it for myself. Hmmmmm - might have to buy it this year! :thumbsup2

Love that you stayed at the MK until party time. I just think the park looks so cool as the lights first start to go on!
he loves trains so it was a great fit for him, hope he loves the 7 dwarf mine ride as much.
you should buy it next trip, it is a good decoration. :thumbsup2

some time we will make it to a party have been there during the christmas and the halloween partys a few times but never went in for them...i think we will wait till the kids a little older to have more fun at them and stay up later without worrying about getting to tired.

We may be riding the Train a lot in October without the GAC cards , maybe all we can get on:rotfl2:But they all like the Train anywho!!!I LOVED the Mickey Pumpkin !!!! So neat !!I am gonn be in Albany for Halloween so not even bothering to decorate , now Judy and Kyle have moved out . It is just the girls and me and at 18 they do not hang around with Grannie much !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

hopefully they will change that rule to help people who really need to use it, to bad some ruined it for htose that really need to use it.

Great last day! Looks like you guys had a great time!

I love that pumpkin decoration too!

thanks she had her eye on it most of the trip and we usually dont buy stuff for ourselves while on vacation just get hte kids things, but i knew with how much she was worrying about parker the last few days i had to buy it for her

Parker got some really cool toys. I hope on our next trip we can pick up some of those toys for my little dude. I bet that was hard packing everything. That is why we always drive, that way I can always get what we want. We just need a bigger car!

it was a challenge that is for sure, we saved the monorail for christmas and the contemporary for his birthday so they were spread out. they do have a bunch of cool toys for the boys thats for sure.

next trip im bringing a much bigger vehicle with us for the trip home.
:thumbsup2

Looks like I missed a couple of updates!

Wow, that tummy bug really hung on a long time. :crazy2: Kudos to Mickey for buying Parker a shirt! I think it WAS magic!
Too bad Splash was down - I've never heard of Mickey Doppler, either, but it makes sense. So fun to see you regrouped and took the train.

Fun Minnie towels! How fun all the little touches that were done, and the animals watching TV! :rotfl2:
Nice job on the gift for Candi, and the packing!
I'm sorry to see your trip ending, but I guess you've been traveling for a year so it's time to start another TR, right? :rotfl2:

yep it was come and go i think it was more when he thought about it because the middle day he seemed really good all day long till that night.

we thought and so did the kids it was very funny that was a first for me, i never even saw that on a TR before so was pleased to see something new

yep in full swing for planning the next one we are all looking forward to it.

Sounds like a great last day at the parks. Trent loves riding the train around the park

Sounds like Parker got a lot of great gifts

Good job getting all boxes to fit in your luggage. I guess all those times stuffing potato head boxes helped you :rotfl:

it is a great ride to sit and relax and enjoy the quite parts of the park...and of course you are riding a train so it doesnt get much better.

the potato head skills did come into handy there for sure, i stuffed around on top and under the boxes to make everything fit in there.

So glad you got a ride on the train in!

Parker has a deathgrip on his new toy!

Noelle is rocking those froggy pj's..do they come in adult sizes? :)

I've had to try to stuff large packages in my suitcases before and then I discovered that Disney ships. Best money ever spent!

Jill in CO
he loved that new toy and could not wait to get back to open it up and play with it. who doesnt love disney transportation toys.

now they need to come out with the boats as toys like the ferry and the other watercraft.

i bet those would be big sellers.

i have seen adult ones like those but not the froggy ones...

with the money i saved on extra shipping i was able to buy more toys...and with the free bags on southwest it was a win win.:thumbsup2

Parker looks so happy on the train! I am pretty bummed it will be down when we go on out next trip.

Great ninja skills in packing things .... What we call "teaching it to fit"
that stinks are they just doing a refurb on it? i have not heard it was going to be down.

i like that teaching it to fit...:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter