Surprised the kids, wife, and my readers w/ a 2 week trip to AoA!(*NEW* 11-7)

What an awesome cause Dan !!! I LOVE your shramrock !!!!

As for lunch at Pop I highly approve !!I love Pop Foodcourt !! My FAV is the Chicken alfredo and the Tyedye cheesecake !!!!!

We had a blast throwing it back and forth. We tried to give it back to her when we were done but she told us that they have a huge supply of them and the kids get to keep them when they are done playing with it.

Cool...extra pixie dust!

turns out they were on the dinning plan and were entitled to 2 free mugs...so they took them from the stand.

and walked out.

then were trying to get the security tag off to fill them up...i informed them that yes they were to get them with there meal plan but that they needed to take them to the register to have there card swiped and they would take the tags off.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

The Nemo pool area looked really cool. Perfect theme for a pool!

wow the nemo splash pad is pretty cool! I dont think I remember seeing that when we stayed there in September but we were in the Car section..

I would love to be like your wife and lay in the sun- childless! lol :cool1:

What did you think of Pop? I always see where POP is pretty popular on here but I think AOA looks so much better and its new!
I remember staying there when I was maybe 14?

what an incredible thing you do with St Baldricks!! Way to go, Dan! Thanks for sharing the story of the day, and pictures. Like the others, I can't believe that girl shaved her head! Kudos to her for her bravery.

What a great update and I can't wait to read more! I wasn't as far behind as I thought :thumbsup2

thanks cheri, there were actually a pretty good amount of girls/women that shaved there head we doubled our numbers from last year, we had about 20 this year.

hope the AoA info is helping you on your trip planning.

What an awesome cause Dan !!! I LOVE your shramrock !!!!

As for lunch at Pop I highly approve !!I love Pop Foodcourt !! My FAV is the Chicken alfredo and the Tyedye cheesecake !!!!!

thanks rosie, he messed up the one side a little but didnt do too bad not having a guide and just cutting it in.

hmm, might have to check the chicken alfredo out another time, have you ever had the burritos?

Cool...extra pixie dust!

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

The Nemo pool area looked really cool. Perfect theme for a pool!
yep some nice extra pixie dust for sure...i wonder how many other pools have those or if it was just resort specific.

wow the nemo splash pad is pretty cool! I dont think I remember seeing that when we stayed there in September but we were in the Car section..

I would love to be like your wife and lay in the sun- childless! lol :cool1:

What did you think of Pop? I always see where POP is pretty popular on here but I think AOA looks so much better and its new!
I remember staying there when I was maybe 14?

if you are not looking for it, the splash area can sort of blend into the pool area, with the big jelly fish water features in the big blue pool out front.

thats why i knew that if i took noelle parker was old enough on his own to run around the splash area and she could just sit and relax and watch him...you should try it next trip.:thumbsup2

i liked POP better than the other values...i think that alot still prefer POP to AoA mermaid rooms because they are scared of the distance to the main building...but honestly i didnt find it an issue, sure it took between 8 and 10 minutes to walk with the kids in the morning or evening, but compaired with the rest of the daily walking you do not bad at all...i am like you i would choose the newness of the resort and the theming there over POP anyday.

So lemme get this straight. You went to Pop. And didn't get the tie dye cheesecake???

that would be correct.:) something about colored cheesecake doesnt sound that awesome to me...maybe im missing something.:confused3

Chapter 41. A Relaxing Stroll back to the room.

Since this day was all about relaxing on our way back to our room from lunch we took the path along the water...it is actually the shortest path back to our room from that point so that worked, but also very quite we did not pass anyone else.

We enjoyed reading the signs on the way back about the movies for each section.

Since we only headed one way to our room we only saw half the signs this day, the rest were photographed another afternoon.

I dont really need to explain them so i will just post them for your reading enjoyment.
First up the nemo ones.

DSC05056_zpsd46c721a.jpg

huh looks that i only got hte one side of that sign, moving onto the lion king ones.
DSC05057_zps51400cf3.jpg

DSC05058_zpsf69f3d83.jpg

DSC05059_zps3f3a78e4.jpg

DSC05060_zps7d58e153.jpg

DSC05061_zps8e7449e3.jpg

DSC05062_zpsdbad3cf3.jpg

Now we are at the Little mermaid signs.
DSC05063_zps3f9d378b.jpg

DSC05064_zpseea358d0.jpg

i have seen mickey before in that scene but nevernoticed everyone else.
DSC05065_zps97dffbbc.jpg

DSC05066_zps589cf4e5.jpg

DSC05067_zps4ee58948.jpg

DSC05068_zpsf949e320.jpg

when we got back to our room the kids had a little surprise for them in the window.

DSC05069_zpsb15c3968.jpg

we had little things done in the room during the first part of the week, but this was the first time something was in the window like that...parkers face especially didnt know what to think about it.
DSC05070_zps909d8784.jpg

little did he know the coolthings that would happen to the toys the next few days, we must have had a new maid this second week because each day she did something really fun for the kids with there stuffed animals/toys.

Im sure Noelle was thinking what in the world is my lion king toys doing in there.
DSC05071_zps4be372cc.jpg

the rest of hte stuffed animals were spread out on the bed.
DSC05072_zps63e138cb.jpg

parker was trying to help Noelle up to see them.
DSC05073_zps36602403.jpg

Looks like she got Mickey really good in this tackle move.
DSC05074_zpsb6b80d15.jpg

the rest of the afternoon was spent playing with the mr potato head toys we got the other day at downtown disney...here you can see some of the bigger items that we got, we didnt get as many pieces as in the past,
DSC05075_zpsead30d97.jpg

but since we had plenty of the small things we planned our box around the larger pieces of the buzz vehicle, tink stuff, that tink hair piece was huge in the box...and the goofy hat took up a lot of space with its odd shape.

but we now have all the pieces the kids realy wanted besides the star wars stuff which parker doesnt care for right now so it was a good haul.
DSC05076_zps452520e4.jpg

Noelle really had a thing for climbing into the back of the stroller were parker would sit, this is the day she got stuck in the basket where we stored stuff...and also where her intro picture came from.
DSC05077_zpsde304ec9.jpg

so not a ton of heavy stuff in this update or alot going on, but it was the rest of our relaxing day before we went to dinner that night.

which will be in the next chapter.

thanks cheri, there were actually a pretty good amount of girls/women that shaved there head we doubled our numbers from last year, we had about 20 this year.

hope the AoA info is helping you on your trip planning.

thanks rosie, he messed up the one side a little but didnt do too bad not having a guide and just cutting it in.

hmm, might have to check the chicken alfredo out another time, have you ever had the burritos?

I usually order the Alfredo ,it is soooo good and I try to be tempted by other entrees butttt the alfredo wins everytime !!so no I have not tried the burittos !!

I love walking around the lake when I stay at Pop. So peaceful! They have the same kind of signs but obviously they're about the different decades.

I always thought Jeremy Irons sung that song. Learn something new everyday!

I love all the signs Disney puts around with neat little tidbits of information you can read! How great was what Mousekeeping did especially for the kids! :goodvibes And of course, you HAVE to get the Goofy Hat for Mr. Potato head! :thumbsup2 Looks like some other really cool stuff you got this time too!!! ::yes::

I lost my spot where I was so will be catching up this week.

What fun updates. Love that they have the kids squishy balls, that is fabulous and lunch sounded perfect. Great idea on the pb&j! I love it when Mousekeeping gets creative like that.

Congrats on all your fundraising! I was bummed we couldn't donate this year, we've had so many big local ones for dear friends who are very ill that we are tapped out but please keep me in he list!

Such a nice, relaxing day! Nice of you and Noelle to scope out the lunch situation and deliver! Looks like a good score on the Mr P stuff. That stroller pic made me :goodvibes again. Miss Noelle is so much fun! Parker is such a sweet big brother, too!

I love the signs with the "behind the scenes" information about the movies! I always love movie trivia!

The box of potato head parts looks so fun! I especially love the Tink wig and the Goofy ears! :thumbsup2

Sounds like a very relaxing afternoon

Love reading all the movie facts. So cool. I am going have to watch Little Mermaid now as I want to see all those characters in the audience. Sounds cool :goodvibes

Love pic of Noelle "stuck" in basket :rotfl:

Sounds like you had a really relaxing day. It's always nice when you've got the extra time to enjoy the resort instead of being at the parks. After all, Disney resorts are practically a destination in themselves!

The pictures of the kids playing are cute! Love that picture of Noelle, haha!

Noelle really had a thing for climbing into the back of the stroller were parker would sit, this is the day she got stuck in the basket where we stored stuff...and also where her intro picture came from.
DSC05077_zpsde304ec9.jpg

:rotfl2: I am glad you were able to rescue her from the basket!

The room looks absolutely adorable. How cute that Parker was trying to put Noelle up on the bed.

Those signs are so cute. Great little factoids about the different animation movies.

Just wanted to stop by and say how much I am enjoying your trip report. I just read your previous trip report and now I am loving this one. I love seeing how you guys do things with the little ones. It gives me some good tips! Thank you for that!:thumbsup2

I usually order the Alfredo ,it is soooo good and I try to be tempted by other entrees butttt the alfredo wins everytime !!so no I have not tried the burittos !!
looks like you will have to eat there twice and not get the alfredo one of those times.:thumbsup2

Great relaxing day !!Love the pix of Noelle in the basket:rotfl2:So where was dinner ????

you will just have to wait to find out where dinner is, but it is somewhere around the MK area.::yes::

I love walking around the lake when I stay at Pop. So peaceful! They have the same kind of signs but obviously they're about the different decades.

I always thought Jeremy Irons sung that song. Learn something new everyday!

I remember seeing those but i did not go close enough to read them or get pictures.

thats why i posted those to enhance your knowledge of disney.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter