Surprised the kids, wife, and my readers w/ a 2 week trip to AoA!(*NEW* 11-7)

I just want to know if people were rubbing your head for good luck the rest of the day.
no :) but there were many thank yous from people.

Congrats Dan! Sounds like a fun event.

thanks it was a good time raising money and everyone was very generous at the event...i would say throughout the day on just the times the MC called to the crowd for money we pulled in another 3,000 easy from the crowd...which is awesome.

Chapter 40 Off day exploring, pool time, and lunch.

So after we hung out in the kiddie area for a while. Parker and I went into the big blue pool to play...at first parker didnt want to go under to hear the music and the fish talking but eventually he turned his head to the side to hear them and loved it.

As we were playing we saw that some kids were playing with squishy water balls, and noticed they got it from a lifeguard. parker asked me if he could have one, so i said why not lets go see if she has another. We made our way over to the lifeguard and asked her and she said certainly. and gave us a orange and red one.

We had a blast throwing it back and forth. We tried to give it back to her when we were done but she told us that they have a huge supply of them and the kids get to keep them when they are done playing with it.

A little later in the week, we forgot that original back in the room and parker got a green frog/tadpole one...then the last day of the trip noelle wanted her own so the lifeguard gave her a purple shark.

Here they are.
IMG_20130314_203817_zpsda4cfbf0.jpg

after we played around in the big blue pool, noelle and I headed off to go explore POP while candi and parker played in the splash area. this also gave candi a chance to get some sun on the chair while parker ran around and she didnt have to chase noelle around and worry about her.
our first trip across the bridge.
DSC05028_zps3dc9ddc7.jpg

looking back at our resort.
DSC05029_zpsf75b470d.jpg

making into POP, this was my first time there ever so i really enjoyed looking at some of there designs.
DSC05031_zps037a6962.jpg

but we didnt look to long as we had a mission to check out the menus at POP and see if we wanted to head over for lunch.

the burritos sounded really good for lunch so that was on my radar. and the kids menu looked good for the kids.
DSC05032_zpsca43e32b.jpg

DSC05034_zps4314a94d.jpg

i took pictures of all the menu boards for candi to look at when i got back to the chairs so she could see if something tickled her fancy.

with that noelle and i took back across the bridge to meet up with the others.

but first, we ran into an older couple sitting on a bench prying on there drinking mugs to open the lids.

well they were not budging, i stopped to take a few pictures to eavesdrop a little and see what was going on.

i then started to laugh inside but decided to help them out.

turns out they were on the dinning plan and were entitled to 2 free mugs...so they took them from the stand.

and walked out.

then were trying to get the security tag off to fill them up...i informed them that yes they were to get them with there meal plan but that they needed to take them to the register to have there card swiped and they would take the tags off.

the man told me that he was almost ready to go get the screwdriver from his luggage and take it off that way.:lmao:

but his wife was happy with me helping them.

continuing on our journey back to the misses.
DSC05039_zpsbd6b58e7.jpg

the back side of the play/slide area
DSC05042_zps7f7405c2.jpg

one of the tunnel areas that the kids can walk under.
DSC05043_zpsec2e51e6.jpg

a short slide
DSC05044_zpse3387fc3.jpg

DSC05045_zps574b6840.jpg

the gate to get into the big blue pool and the sign. yes the card scanner was working you needed it to get into the pool but if you forgot your card you could just wait till someone else went in or out and entered...
DSC05046_zpsae5fbeea.jpg

the back of the splash area toward the main hall.
DSC05047_zpsa73ed046.jpg

candi sunning while parker ran around.
DSC05048_zpsa55c1e0a.jpg

some of the rules.
DSC05049_zps1f6cd723.jpg

just to the side of our sun spot was a giant crush.
DSC05050_zps1c72cc87.jpg

this is a really nice area for the kids to run around in and play, parker loved it.
DSC05051_zps996032cb.jpg

and why do kids always have to sit on top of the water sprayers. :rotfl:
DSC05052_zpsd3a9e70e.jpg

noelle knocked out on the walk back to get the other two.

she slept all the way till we went to get our food.
DSC05055_zpse67e3211.jpg

candi approved the food choices at POP and we each had a burrito a beef for me and a chicken for her...parker had a hot dog meal.

Noelle well we finally figured out a great option for her...a PBJ.

we bought two slices of bread from the food area for .74 cents and then they have the jelly packages out by the drinks so for under a dollar she had her favorite a PBJ sandwich.

great alternative for parents with picky eaters or if you just want a cheap meal for your kids...glad we finally thought of it.

everyone really enjoyed there lunches and we went back to the room to relax before we had to leave for dinner.

Love all the pool pictures! Seems like you had a nice day off of the parks. Did Parker have a favorite pool out of all the ones at the resort?

I guess I never ventured to POP for lunch or dinner. Usually I see the breakfast menu and then dash back in as they are closing it down. :lmao:

Kids sit on the pop jets all the time. :rotfl2:

Love your pictures as you toured over to Pop and then back to AOA. Mark and I definitely have to get over to AOA and take a look around in August.

Those squishy toys are just adorable and how nice that they let the kids keep them. Great tub toys, I bet. :)

That is hilarious about that older couple not checking out with their mugs. People... lol!

Good job on raising all of that money. I can't believe a girl shaved her head off for 500 dollars!!! I would need at least 10K!

That is hilarious about the couple and the mugs :rotfl:

What did you think of your brief visit to Pop? Love all huge icons there.

Looks like Parker had a great time in play area :goodvibes

Another fun update, and you always seem to capture so much detail around the resorts! It makes it feel almost like I've been there before. I can't wait to go back and see it all sometime. :woohoo:

You sure you were collecting all of those squishy pool balls for the "kids?" Seems rather convenient. :rolleyes2 That play area looks like lots of fun too. Can I borrow the kids sometime so I can hang out there.........purely for supervisory purposes you understand??? :blush:

And the burritos over at Pop sound like they might be worth a trip if the timing is right for a quick mealtime! And too funny about the couple with the mugs!! :rotfl:

Oh, and 2 Candi's. :)

Wait, that isn't here is it............. :rotfl2:

Congratulations on all the money you raised - and your shamrock cap looks amazing. What a great event. Kudos to the girl who let all her hair go for $500. That's brave.

Lovely pool pictures. I just think that pool is simply amazing. I would love to stay there just to swim in that pool.

Too funny about the couple with the mugs. :rotfl2:

I am kind of surprised (but not really) that they included on the rules that if you have diarrhea you shouldn't use the fountains. :confused3 But I guess there would be that ONE person that claimed they didn't see anything wrong with it! :rotfl:

Had to laugh at the folks with the mug problem. :lmao: Good for you helping them out!

Looks like a fun day at the pool!

I am FINALLY caught up again. I am still on your AK day! I am glad that seeing The Lion King show was successful and the Noelle is getting used to visiting with the characters. I am hoping my child doesn't have problems next month with the characters. I am taking him to see the Easter Bunny this weekend to see what his response will be.

That safari was really neat! How cool to see rhinos crossing the street. I have never seen that!

Taking a day off it always a must. The theming of the areas is awesome. I think the next time we will being staying there. Hopefully that will be next year.

What an awesome thing you done with St. Baldricks! I am glad that I was able to contribute a little to your goal.

Love all the pool pictures! Seems like you had a nice day off of the parks. Did Parker have a favorite pool out of all the ones at the resort?
i would say big blue was there favorite mostly because of the splash area but they loved going out in the middle of the big blue pool that sucker is HUGE...you never seem to have an issue with people being to close playing in there.

i wish he would have gotten into the pool games more but we only ended up playing one game. they were throwing rings out to the kids, sort of like dolphins trying to catch them on there nose, but they used there arms.

I guess I never ventured to POP for lunch or dinner. Usually I see the breakfast menu and then dash back in as they are closing it down. :lmao:

Kids sit on the pop jets all the time. :rotfl2:
those burritos were really really good, came with a side of nachos and cheese.:thumbsup2

i wanted to sit on them too but then people might think i was weird.:lmao:

Love your pictures as you toured over to Pop and then back to AOA. Mark and I definitely have to get over to AOA and take a look around in August.

Those squishy toys are just adorable and how nice that they let the kids keep them. Great tub toys, I bet. :)
i wish i would have taken more pics at POP but was on a mission to hit the food court and get back to tell the others the menu.

they are great tub toys the kids still play with them in the bath.

you know you could still select it as your one night reservation i think you could handle a value for one night.:thumbsup2

That is hilarious about that older couple not checking out with their mugs. People... lol!

Good job on raising all of that money. I can't believe a girl shaved her head off for 500 dollars!!! I would need at least 10K!

it was a funny conversation thats for sure.

there were girls who raised as little as 300 that had there head shaved, one girl had 1,700...so a broad range.

i bet you would do it for as little as 1,000:)

That is hilarious about the couple and the mugs :rotfl:

What did you think of your brief visit to Pop? Love all huge icons there.

Looks like Parker had a great time in play area :goodvibes

i liked it, the icons were neat there thats for sure...but after seeing the extreme themeing at AoA it is hard to not stay there in the little mermaid for basically the same price.

Another fun update, and you always seem to capture so much detail around the resorts! It makes it feel almost like I've been there before. I can't wait to go back and see it all sometime. :woohoo:

You sure you were collecting all of those squishy pool balls for the "kids?" Seems rather convenient. :rolleyes2 That play area looks like lots of fun too. Can I borrow the kids sometime so I can hang out there.........purely for supervisory purposes you understand??? :blush:

And the burritos over at Pop sound like they might be worth a trip if the timing is right for a quick mealtime! And too funny about the couple with the mugs!! :rotfl:

Oh, and 2 Candi's. :)

Wait, that isn't here is it............. :rotfl2:
glad i could bring you "into" the experience marv...and if you take the kids in the splash area that means you would have to take me also...and also pay for me to get there.:thumbsup2

the squishy balls were just for the kids, allthough i did enjoy throwing them back and forth with them.

the burritos are really good, you should make a point to get them sometime, they come with a side of nachos and cheese.::yes::

wrong report but good spotting.

Congratulations on all the money you raised - and your shamrock cap looks amazing. What a great event. Kudos to the girl who let all her hair go for $500. That's brave.
thank you very much,
there were girls that shaved from 300 to 1,700 so a wide range...but it was brave of her to just decide last minute while watching to do it.

Lovely pool pictures. I just think that pool is simply amazing. I would love to stay there just to swim in that pool.

Too funny about the couple with the mugs. :rotfl2:
it is awesome and huge, and best part is even with tons of people never seems crowded.

they were a funny couple thats for sure.

I am kind of surprised (but not really) that they included on the rules that if you have diarrhea you shouldn't use the fountains. :confused3 But I guess there would be that ONE person that claimed they didn't see anything wrong with it! :rotfl:

Had to laugh at the folks with the mug problem. :lmao: Good for you helping them out!

Looks like a fun day at the pool!

i think i have seen that in pretty much every pool sign...but does make sense for the kiddie area, never know when that feeling will act up while the kids are playing in there.

it was a great relaxing day we really enjoyed it.

I am FINALLY caught up again. I am still on your AK day! I am glad that seeing The Lion King show was successful and the Noelle is getting used to visiting with the characters. I am hoping my child doesn't have problems next month with the characters. I am taking him to see the Easter Bunny this weekend to see what his response will be.

That safari was really neat! How cool to see rhinos crossing the street. I have never seen that!

Taking a day off it always a must. The theming of the areas is awesome. I think the next time we will being staying there. Hopefully that will be next year.

What an awesome thing you done with St. Baldricks! I am glad that I was able to contribute a little to your goal.
i think even if the easter bunny experience does not go well, that as your disney trip goes on he will warm up to them.

hope you get to maybe check it out on your off day.

thanks for the donation you gave.:thumbsup2

what an incredible thing you do with St Baldricks!! Way to go, Dan! Thanks for sharing the story of the day, and pictures. Like the others, I can't believe that girl shaved her head! Kudos to her for her bravery.

What a great update and I can't wait to read more! I wasn't as far behind as I thought :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter