Surprised Not All Hospitals Have All Private Rooms

My wife has had two hip replacement surgeries in a Boston hospital, Brigham and Women's, and both times we paid extra for a private room. I think it was $320 extra per night, but we had a hospital income policy that offset most of that. Nice room, wood look floors, sofa bed and a dedicated chef for that floor. A chef would come around the take the orders and it was 4 star restaurant quality offerings. The patients food was no extra charge, but guests were $25 each.

Here in the Albany & Saratoga Springs area of NY it's pretty much double rooms. At Albany Medical Center I once had a gang banger room mate who was stabbed in the heart during a fight over a stolen car sound system. There was also a police officer standing outside our door. On another stay there I had a nice older gent as a room mate. No problems with him but his daughter was a New York City attorney who stayed overnight a spent most of her time pacing back and forth in the room and hall yelling into her phone.

Here in the Albany & Saratoga Springs area of NY it's pretty much double rooms. At Albany Medical Center I once had a gang banger room mate who was stabbed in the heart during a fight over a stolen car sound system. There was also a police officer standing outside our door. On another stay there I had a nice older gent as a room mate. No problems with him but his daughter was a New York City attorney who stayed overnight a spent most of her time pacing back and forth in the room and hall yelling into her phone.

The first time DH was transferred to the hospital out of town, there was a room with 2 armed guards posted at it. He was a prisoner of the state prison system. As I commented up thread about names being posted outside the rooms and on the board, this was the only exception. No name on either, just a number. He was in one of the private rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter