Surprise! It's a baby! (Not long now!)

Which name is your favourite?

• Robert

• Peter

• Roderick (Rory)

• Ewan

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well yesterday we were FINALLY supposed to be doing Snow White for our movie night but they kids and I had the great idea that since it was Father's Day and we would be spending the weekend with our own dads that we would devote Friday night to my husband. So we let him pick and he chose Treasure Planet!

I had the kids make the crafts before my husband got home. My daughter did a beautiful canvas of a starry sky and my son painted a ball like the map. Our night officially began with opening presents. We gave him the crafts as well as the pirate's drink of choice, a bottle of Appleton's Jamaican Rum.
P6160329.jpg

P6160340.jpg

For dinner we made Alponian chowder (I meant to pick up dog bowls at the dollar store to serve it in but I totally forgot). I was trying to keep the movie nights healthy and not serve cupcakes every time but my husband told me that because we almost never make desserts that he thought that was crazy, so "Bring on the cupcakes!". I also gave the kids little chocolate gold doubloons as a snack.
P6160348.jpg

P6160327.jpg

Fun time was had by all! Next week I think will be Brave. Poor Snow White, will we ever get to her?
430 days!

Oh my gosh, I LOVE your movie nights! I'm showing my son your Star Wars crafts right now! He's going to love it.

Hi Lauren! So pleased! I know you have a Star Wars fan too. You should check out that craft book - it's so great and everything in it is so easy! I've ordered the same author's "DK Learn to Draw Star Wars" for my son for Christmas too.

Signing on! love your disney movie nights. I really need to start doing more of those with my nieces and nephews! BTW... your pregnancy makes me really happy! I have been a bit sad lately because me and DH are so "old" --- (people all around tend to have babies when they are in their 20s, so I am older at 31), but you give me hope! I can do this, even if I don't have a kid until mid-late 30s!! =)

BTW... your pregnancy makes me really happy! I have been a bit sad lately because me and DH are so "old" --- (people all around tend to have babies when they are in their 20s, so I am older at 31), but you give me hope! I can do this, even if I don't have a kid until mid-late 30s!! =)
I didn't have my girl until I was 30, after a heart-breaking miscarriage (at Disney) and lots of trouble during pregnancy. It was nothing like what you are going through though and we have best friends who are still struggling in exactly your situation. I know nothing I can say will help but I think having read your pre-trip that you guys will be great parents and that your time is coming. I can't wait to hear about you both taking your happy healthy little one to Disney for the first time. :hug:

I didn't have my girl until I was 30, after a heart-breaking miscarriage (at Disney) and lots of trouble during pregnancy. It was nothing like what you are going through though and we have best friends who are still struggling in exactly your situation. I know nothing I can say will help but I think having read your pre-trip that you guys will be great parents and that your time is coming. I can't wait to hear about you both taking your happy healthy little one to Disney for the first time. :hug:
Ohh! Thanks so much! This was EXACTLY what I needed today! =)

Signing on! love your disney movie nights. I really need to start doing more of those with my nieces and nephews! BTW... your pregnancy makes me really happy! I have been a bit sad lately because me and DH are so "old" --- (people all around tend to have babies when they are in their 20s, so I am older at 31), but you give me hope! I can do this, even if I don't have a kid until mid-late 30s!! =)

Oh my goodness, I am right there with you. I am 31 as well and I've been sad and a bit anxious that I am "too old" to start having kids now. Always nice to get a little dose of reality when I start feeling that way.

What a cool movie night! It sounds like it was a lot of fun!
I was trying to keep the movie nights healthy and not serve cupcakes every time but my husband told me that because we almost never make desserts that he thought that was crazy, so "Bring on the cupcakes!". I also gave the kids little chocolate gold doubloons as a snack.

Hehe, Yeah, that was our thought process too. We don't do desserts usually, so these have been fun!

Fun time was had by all! Next week I think will be Brave. Poor Snow White, will we ever get to her?
430 days!

We're doing Brave this weekend as well! I am so excited to see it! Are you doing an actual party this time around, or just enjoying the movie?

I can't believe what I just read...I am so so sorry to hear this. :sad1: I am thinking of you and your family. What a beautiful woman, you must be devastated. Big hugs to you :hug:

Alysa, I am so sorry to hear about your mom's passing. You and your family are my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself and Baby Robert.

What a sweet picture of your mom and Minnie!

:sad1: I am so sorry to hear about your loss. There are no words, but I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. -hugs-

Enjoying your pre-trippie!
I had my youngest at 42. So it definitely can be done...gracefully? LOL
Congrats! That's the BEST surprise one can get. :thumbsup2

I had two in my late twenties, 5 after age 31, and 1 in my 40s. You're not too old!!! [None of them have any genetic issues, for what it's worth.]

DSC_0209.jpg

My beautiful mum passed away today.

SOOOOO sorry about your mom! :sad2:

The funeral was yesterday. Hopefully the worst two weeks of my life are now over. Just finished reading through all your kind words. Thank you to Jenny, Elle, Minnie, Amanda, Dugette, Rach and Aurora. Welcome DisneyMom5, thank you for reading.

Life lessons I have learned this past week.
1. Call your mom every day, even when she drives you crazy, just to tell her you love her.
2. Stay healthy, eat right, quit smoking, visit your doctor regularly, exercise.
3. Make sure you have your and your spouse's funerals planned. Write goodbye letters to your children. Make a will. Choose whether you want to be cremated or buried, religious service or life celebration at vero. Pick your favourite music and flowers. If you want a religious service make sure you have at least one music choice that is suitable.
4. Most important! If you are in the middle of the vigil with your brother and sister at your mother's bedside for two weeks while she passes away from liver cancer, and you take a break to go home to sleep in your own bed for one night and go out with your children to dinner and a movie to celebrate the last day of school, DO NOT SEE BRAVE!!!!!! :sad2:

:grouphug: to you all for your support. Now off you go, call your mum! :)

I just called her. Thank you. :hug: And you poor thing, we just saw Brave today, not the best movie to see for you!!:sad: I have been checking in daily here to see how you are doing. Still sending hugs.:guilty:

Oh, my. We just saw Brave on the 4th. Totally understand...not the best movie to see at this moment in your life. Good tips, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter