SURPRISE! Can we do it again? A November 2012 PTR!! SURPRISE !!11/1

I am really enjoying your PTR!
Your DD is adorable :goodvibes

We will be going at the end of November and staying at AoA. I cannot wait! It is going to be a blast!!

Looking forward to reading more about your trip. popcorn::

Thanks!:goodvibes:

We think so!:cutie: I'm so excited to be staying there, I bet we all love it!

I'll have an update soon, my hubby is adding stuff and planning more and more!

Question;

but first, the story behind the question.

On this trip, Kadence's lovely Grandma wants to do something again for Kadence's birthday. Last year it was the Tea Party at the Grand Floridian. She asked me what she could do, or pay for on this trip.

What could she do? Any suggestions?

We aren't going to do BBB this trip, but will in 2013. I told John about the Wonderland Tea, but he's not liking that idea, he doesn't want to be not included again from things Kadence is doing

On to the planning, John is talking himself into changing our dining plan. (Jen, when things become solid, I'll let you know) We currently have Quick service, but he's now wanting to book some sit down meals, and is thinking of upgrading to the reg dining. I'm not saying too much, except to encourage his great idea! :rolleyes1

I'm currently waiting for Nov calendar to come out soon, so I can go ahead and plan parks days & ADR's.

Happy Easter everyone!​

I think that the Family Magic Tour looks like a lot of fun for kids, and isn't too expensive as far as the special tours go.

I know that Kadence is pretty girly, but the Pirates League looks super cool, and the Pirate fireworks cruise does too.

I'm sure that these are things that you've thought of already, but I hope it helped!

I can totally make a skirt for Kadence. I'll probably be out of commission sewing wise until around July, but that should be plenty of time. Maybe you'll even need more skirts by then! I'll get more details from you closer to then.

Hope that you and your family have a wonderful Easter!

I think that the Family Magic Tour looks like a lot of fun for kids, and isn't too expensive as far as the special tours go.

I know that Kadence is pretty girly, but the Pirates League looks super cool, and the Pirate fireworks cruise does too.

I'm sure that these are things that you've thought of already, but I hope it helped!

I can totally make a skirt for Kadence. I'll probably be out of commission sewing wise until around July, but that should be plenty of time. Maybe you'll even need more skirts by then! I'll get more details from you closer to then.

Hope that you and your family have a wonderful Easter!

I don't know what the Family Magic Tour is, but will research it! Pirate League is out, I was wondering about the Wishes Desert thingy. again more research is needed.

Thanks! I'm not worried about time frame. When you're ready, let me know!

Happy Easter you too!:goodvibes

Does she want to go to Disney Quest

She's not much of a gamer type, and neither are we. The Wii & Just Dance, Toy Story Mania, and Mario Cart is about the limit for her. I think she'd get bored, but the idea did cross my mind for a moment.

I thought of La Nouba, but that would be more for me!

Just found your PTR and I'm joining.:thumbsup2

I can totally relate to your Disney depression, because that's why we booked our trip November 2011.;) We really shouldn't have spent the money and DH is still moaning about our credit card payments, but honestly we both agree it was our best trip yet.:goodvibes And we surprised ours on that trip too.

My DD(8) is also a girl scout and worked like a dog to get to 200, but was our troop top seller. Our area is super over saturated with girl scouts. She would have loved to get to 500 but I told her I don't think that's ever happening.:guilty:

We did the Family Magic Tour last January and it was fun. It was only our family on the tour but multiple families can book at the same time. I honestly think it is more fun when you have more people. If you wound up being the only family on the tour, I don't think it would be as fun. Hope this helps.:goodvibes

I saw that someone suggested the Pirate's League and that you said it was out. But, did you know that they now offer a mermaid package there? I'd second and third going to La Nouba! You know how much we love it.

I wish I could offer some insight into this but... I have no clue. Isn't there a fireworks cruise or something?? That might be fun! Or the Wishes dessert party! (I apologize if someone else has already suggested this stuff, I'm not very good at reading other people's comments... :blush: )

We did the Pirate and Pals Fireworks voyage this time and my kids LOVED IT! We all did, and it was a great view of the fireworks. You get to meet Captain Hook and Smee before the boat ride. When the voyage is over Peter Pan is waiting on the boat dock for you when you get back. They provide snacks and drinks to take with you. The boat captain was a blast and had games and prizes for the "in between" times before the fireworks. You also get a very close up view of the water pageant before the fireworks. I HIGHLY recommend this, and it is not that expensive. It was about $200 for our family of five. Well worth every penny!

Just found your PTR and I'm joining.:thumbsup2

I can totally relate to your Disney depression, because that's why we booked our trip November 2011.;) We really shouldn't have spent the money and DH is still moaning about our credit card payments, but honestly we both agree it was our best trip yet.:goodvibes And we surprised ours on that trip too.

My DD(8) is also a girl scout and worked like a dog to get to 200, but was our troop top seller. Our area is super over saturated with girl scouts. She would have loved to get to 500 but I told her I don't think that's ever happening.:guilty:

We did the Family Magic Tour last January and it was fun. It was only our family on the tour but multiple families can book at the same time. I honestly think it is more fun when you have more people. If you wound up being the only family on the tour, I don't think it would be as fun. Hope this helps.:goodvibes

:welcome: Thanks for joining in! I was fully prepared to not go to WDW this year, but Hubby talked himself right into it! He just decided that he would DJ a bit more and cover it that way. He works hard so he deserves a vacation.

Kadence's troop was top seller! One girl in her troop sold 385+ cookies! I don't let her go from door to door, so work, friends and family plus a few DIS friends:thumbsup2 make up the buyers!

I did check into the Family tour and it made the "maybe" list. Thanks for your info!

I saw that someone suggested the Pirate's League and that you said it was out. But, did you know that they now offer a mermaid package there? I'd second and third going to La Nouba! You know how much we love it.

La Nouba is on our list! I wonder what the Mermaid package contains?

I wish I could offer some insight into this but... I have no clue. Isn't there a fireworks cruise or something?? That might be fun! Or the Wishes dessert party! (I apologize if someone else has already suggested this stuff, I'm not very good at reading other people's comments... :blush: )

I have put the Dersert party on the list! But that maybe more for me too!:lmao:

We did the Pirate and Pals Fireworks voyage this time and my kids LOVED IT! We all did, and it was a great view of the fireworks. You get to meet Captain Hook and Smee before the boat ride. When the voyage is over Peter Pan is waiting on the boat dock for you when you get back. They provide snacks and drinks to take with you. The boat captain was a blast and had games and prizes for the "in between" times before the fireworks. You also get a very close up view of the water pageant before the fireworks. I HIGHLY recommend this, and it is not that expensive. It was about $200 for our family of five. Well worth every penny!

Ok, you just gave me another great idea! Thanks!:goodvibes Would you believe the Peter Pan is a character we haven't met yet! Everytime we've gotten close, the line ends or he goes on break and we just move along.:sad2:

Here's the link to the info about the Pirate's League:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/pirates-league/

And the info on just the Mermaid package:

Mermaid package includes: •Luminous mermaid makeup and makeup palette
•Hairstyle and color-changing hair clip
•Distinctive color changing mermaid necklace
•Nail polish
•Mermaid sash
•Participation in a daily Adventureland Pirate Parade**

Costumes, headwear and imaging are sold separately and are available on location at The Pirates League.

Packages at the Pirates League range from $29.95 to $39.95 plus tax.

I saw pictures and read an article about it somewhere. I think it was in the Disney blog newsletter but I can't find it in my inbox.

Here's the link to the info about the Pirate's League:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/pirates-league/

And the info on just the Mermaid package:

Mermaid package includes: •Luminous mermaid makeup and makeup palette
•Hairstyle and color-changing hair clip
•Distinctive color changing mermaid necklace
•Nail polish
•Mermaid sash
•Participation in a daily Adventureland Pirate Parade**

Costumes, headwear and imaging are sold separately and are available on location at The Pirates League.

Packages at the Pirates League range from $29.95 to $39.95 plus tax.

I saw pictures and read an article about it somewhere. I think it was in the Disney blog newsletter but I can't find it in my inbox.

Thanks Lisa! I'll go check it out!

Well I've been a bad Diser! I haven't been here in a few days.

I booked AoA too! We are staying there the 11-14th right now. I am getting regular dining though and actually debating on upgrading to deluxe. That will probably depend on if they offer free dining. The cost wouldn't be much more than what I am paying now to upgrade if they offer free dining QS.

I was going to suggest the Wonderland tea party or the pirates and pal voyage as well.

Claire loved the tea party and I stil lwant to get her back to another before she is too old. But I'm also debating the other tea party that you guys did last trip too.

If you decided on the pirates and pals fireworks boat ride, let me know. This is another one we have talked about doing. I was actually going to book it last year before we decided to cruise.
Maybe we can all do it togehter, but that would mean doing it on the 10th.
I think they sail Friday through Mondays. I have read some fantastic reviews of it.

I bet John caves with the dining plan. I have thought Quick service too, but I just know how much we love the sit down dinners. I have so many I want to try, which is why I am considering adding the deluxe for 3 days.

I agree, planning is hard without the park hours/ schedules. Plus a lot depends on the flight times as well. If we can't get a late flight out on Wed I might just add another night. I am determined to have 7 park days.

I know so many people who are considering switching to AoA now that the little mermaid rooms are out. LOL! I was going to do Pop, preferred Pool view room and AoA was actually slightly cheaper for Little Mermiad! I know they are further out from the main building...but it's new!!!!

Well I've been a bad Diser! I haven't been here in a few days.

I booked AoA too! We are staying there the 11-14th right now. I am getting regular dining though and actually debating on upgrading to deluxe. That will probably depend on if they offer free dining. The cost wouldn't be much more than what I am paying now to upgrade if they offer free dining QS.

YAY!:banana: I wish we were staying longer! It could be fun, and the girls I'm sure would have a blast!

I was going to suggest the Wonderland tea party or the pirates and pal voyage as well.

Claire loved the tea party and I still want to get her back to another before she is too old. But I'm also debating the other tea party that you guys did last trip too.

If you decided on the pirates and pals fireworks boat ride, let me know. This is another one we have talked about doing. I was actually going to book it last year before we decided to cruise.
Maybe we can all do it together, but that would mean doing it on the 10th.

I think they sail Friday through Mondays. I have read some fantastic reviews of it.

I was really pushing for the Wonderland Tea, but so far John's vetoing it.:sad2: I will look into he cruise more!

I bet John caves with the dining plan. I have thought Quick service too, but I just know how much we love the sit down dinners. I have so many I want to try, which is why I am considering adding the deluxe for 3 days.

I am 99% for sure that we will be switching, it will depend on Free Dining, but I have a feeling! He wants to do Ohana, 1900 PF, Sci Fi, Mamma Melrose, Crystal Palace, and I have a few others of which I'm debating.

I agree, planning is hard without the park hours/ schedules. Plus a lot depends on the flight times as well. If we can't get a late flight out on Wed I might just add another night. I am determined to have 7 park days.

I want the park hours so bad! I kinda have my days planned, but the calendar would for sure firm things up! My little secret......I'm hoping that flights don't work for the 4th and we have to fly the 3rd! Extra day BAY-BAY! Shhhh, don't tell!:ssst:

I have so many clients considering switching to AoA now that the little mermaid rooms are out. LOL! I was going to do Pop, preferred Pool view room and AoA was actually slightly cheaper for Little Mermaid! I know they are further out from the main building...but it's new!!!!

Hey, consider it research for your TA business!:lmao: It was so funny when I told John rooms would ba available, he just about jumped outta his skin and shouted BOOK IT!:rotfl:

Just catching back up! I think the Pirate cruise sounds cool, too! I think I am going to try to do that on our 2013 trip for D!

Looking forward to seeing what you plan! :)

Haha I think John's idea of wanting to upgrade to regular dining is great and should be highly encouraged!

My vote goes for the Wishes Dessert Party...though if you have regular dining just make sure you don't have a sit down meal before attending the event! :lmao:

Just catching back up! I think the Pirate cruise sounds cool, too! I think I am going to try to do that on our 2013 trip for D!

Looking forward to seeing what you plan! :)

It sounds great, but John doesn't know yet. I may have to do some subliminal messages!:lmao:

Haha I think John's idea of wanting to upgrade to regular dining is great and should be highly encouraged!

My vote goes for the Wishes Dessert Party...though if you have regular dining just make sure you don't have a sit down meal before attending the event! :lmao:

He does have some amazing ideas some times!!:thumbsup2

The desert party is now for sure...... in 2013;) I'm hoping that we can do it on our 15th wedding anniversary which will be one of our first night there on that trip.

Thanks! I seen that on FB, but I'm a little bummed about the first party being the 9th. Oh well, I'll be in Disney!

I hope Touring Plans updates soon, and then I can do some more for sure planning.

November hours came out (thanks Jen!) and I'm a little sad that the first party is the 9th, (our only option this trip). I've heard from others that the first party can be a bit nuts/crowded. I'm hoping not. I hear the Marathon is the next day, so hopefully that will keep some people resting at their resort.

Now I'm hoping Touring Plans updates soon, so I can do some exact planning. I'm firming up my ADR list, which I'll share as soon as John makes up his melon on where he wants to eat. :idea:

I checked in to flights and Airtran is only booking until Nov2nd, but a new posting is up saying May/June more dates will appear. It seems like I'm waiting for everything!!:confused3

On the home front, I must do some talking about my Sammy. She has joined the Kappas (sorority) in college. She says it's fun, and even went to her first Toga party a couple weeks ago. If I can get a picture, she made the cutest Toga out fabric from Walmart, Ice blue with a little silver chain for a belt. I also just got the Mom, move out day is May18! Where did this year go?!?

Kadence is still clueless, even complaining the other day about not being able to go to WDW until next year :rotfl2:

Also, finally could get on the DIS with out any problems. The last time I tried I got logged off 2x so I gave up!:mad:

Here's to hoping I can get some concrete plans soon for me and you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter