Surgery today for luvmarypoppins. Update Post 7

luvmarypoppins - I'm sending good thoughts that your pain subsides very soon. And that the stupid insurance company changes its mind!

Ty

luvmarypoppins, it's been about a week since you've posted, and I just got back from vacation and glad to see you posted. I hope you are feeling better since then and recover more and more each day. I thought of you while I was away. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you can get insurance worked out so that it will all be covered. :hug:

Thanks, we got some good news. The dr. had to actually um, work around the ins. co. to get things covered, guess my complications helped too., nothing like a little really low blood pressure and anesthesia reaction, hmm, never had that before,. Yest. th dr. told me things are looking good and the wound is healing, PTL. God is good. He didnt talk too much about the next operation. I guess he thinks 6 this year is alot too. Next week I am going for a blood test and the next week, like Aug. 6th I think I will find out if the cancer is coming back.

:hug:You are in my prayers and thinking of you. Hope that you are feeling a little better. Shirley

{{hugs}}

Good news on the insurance front. Good thoughts going out to you for your next hurdle. I hope your blood tests rock.

Good thoughts and prayers coming your way!

Well I went to the surgeon today. It did not go well. He said my wound was healing ""weird" and he had to rip it up again in the office. So now I feel like I am back to where I was a month ago, a nice big ole hole in my stomach. I have to go back to him in a month. I didnt even talk about the next surgery. Boy, I sure hope the dr. on thurs. gives me some good news that the cancer is not back etc. I dont think I could take too much bad news in a week. So say some prayers. TIA

I'm sorry to hear that your wound was not healing properly...hopefully this time it will!:hug:

Got some good news, Praise God. The blood tests show that the cancer is undetectable right now. and I gained 4 lbs. Next week I go to the ent surgeon. I am still dealing with all the pain, bad shoulder etc. from the tumor and neck dissection. I have to go for a ulltrasound, its routine they tell me. Also my ds went to the surgeon today. He got the nose stuff and stitches taken out. He is really swollen but can breathe a little from one nostril and he is so excited to smell things like normal people. I guess we even take smelling things like food, flowers etc. for granted. He even wanted to smell me!! Go figure!! Thanks for your prayers.

So glad to hear that you got good news. Thank you Lord! Will continue to keep you in my prayers :grouphug:

:banana: yay for the good new! Here's hoping it continues!:flower3:

Got some good news, Praise God. The blood tests show that the cancer is undetectable right now. and I gained 4 lbs. Next week I go to the ent surgeon. I am still dealing with all the pain, bad shoulder etc. from the tumor and neck dissection. I have to go for a ulltrasound, its routine they tell me. Also my ds went to the surgeon today. He got the nose stuff and stitches taken out. He is really swollen but can breathe a little from one nostril and he is so excited to smell things like normal people. I guess we even take smelling things like food, flowers etc. for granted. He even wanted to smell me!! Go figure!! Thanks for your prayers.
Whoo hoo!

luvmarypoppins, it was so great to come back from being away and reading your wonderful news!! Your journey has been so long and the good news is great encouragement to keep on trekking! :banana:You are in my thoughts and prayers every day!

Thank you all for your continued prayers.

I went to the ent surgeon today.
The good:
He was very happy with my blood tests showing the cancer is in remission right now.
I don't have to see him for another six months

The not so good:
I wlll never have any feeling in my Left ear. He had to permanently cut the nerve.
My shoulder is terrible. Now I have to go for physical and occupational therapy.
My voice is not good so the nerve is damaged attached to the vocal chord. I have to go see the surgeon who saved my life and he will do a special test in October and they talked about another surgery, sigh, sigh., this would be a one day thing, (making it surgery 7 or 8 this year) I think possibly to give me a better voice

I have to also go for an ultrasound wed and another blood test this mon., boy I am getting tired of drs. etc. But God is good and I am alive, so I guess I have to get used to all of this.

A little update. My ultrasound came back great. No seeable cancer in the lymph nodes that are left. God is really showering the blessings on me lately.

I started physical therapy today. The therapist is a nice guy. He said my shoulder is frozen. It will be a painful rehab he said. I said, its o.k. He knows I am facing another surgery so I told him we need to accomplish as much as we can now. I should really go for 3 visits a week but he thinks I can only take 2 with all I have been through, so we will see on sept. 8th what the next surgical plan might be. Never a dull moment.

Thank you all always for your thoughts and prayers.

A little update. My ultrasound came back great. No seeable cancer in the lymph nodes that are left. God is really showering the blessings on me lately.

I started physical therapy today. The therapist is a nice guy. He said my shoulder is frozen. It will be a painful rehab he said. I said, its o.k. He knows I am facing another surgery so I told him we need to accomplish as much as we can now. I should really go for 3 visits a week but he thinks I can only take 2 with all I have been through, so we will see on sept. 8th what the next surgical plan might be. Never a dull moment.

Thank you all always for your thoughts and prayers.

How wonderful, how Blessed
Prayers are answered!
My Aunt had to have the surgery to repair the voice and it came back 100%
The brachial nerves, c3/4/6/7/ 9 and T1 are in that area behind off the spine and travel in a bundle behind the collar bone behind the first rib.When the probing and pulling during surgery it can compress and stretch the nerve bundle. Also the risk or facial or as the ear nerve was cut. The arm, if the nerve was bumped should calm down it can take up to a year, if you have burning because it was nicked that you would feel now down the arm and have to address as it is painful burning. The nerves that are inflamed can be irratated each place there is a hinge. The shoulder, elbow, wrist.
I have a brachial stretch injury from a car accident and use biofreeze roll on, blu gel ice packs, above the shoulder blade and back of the neck over top to the shoulder blade.

Avoid repetition, lifting above the shoulder, carrying weights. It is the nerves generally. The muscles try to make a splint around the nerve and can cause spasms.

FANTASTIC news - I hope things continue to go well!

luvmarypoppins, :yay:I'm soooo happy to hear of your wonderful news!! I praise God! You are ever present in my thoughts and prayers and hope for continued healing for you each day! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter