Surgery today for luvmarypoppins. Update Post 7

Just joining this thread. My wife was just diagnosed with Thryoid Cancer and we've scheduled the surgery for two weeks from now. First let me say that God is Great. He loves us all so much and is always with us. I agree that without our faith this life would be very hard to deal with. Luvmarrypoppins let me just say that you have another person praying in your corner. Your voice is reaching out to this family here in KC. God bless you and your family. .

Let me also say that my favorite Disney film is Mary Poppins. I saw it as a child and fell completely in love with it. I adore Julie Andrews and Dick Van ****. On our last trip to Disneyland we took the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" tour and were told that it was Walt's favorite film. He loved the song "Feed the birds" and would make the Sherman Brothers stop in the hallways of Disney Studios and sing it to him whenever he was feeling low.

Anyway I just had to write and tell you that I am praying for you. I look forward to good news. Stay positive. Tell yourself that you are going to get better. I will also pray for your family. Take care.

Mike

I went back to read my post and they bleeped out Dick's last name. That makes me laugh.

A little update - My physical therapy seems to be going good. Still cant lift my L arm much but there is a little improvement I think. The one pt said it would take at least 8 weeks etc. I went to the surgeon last tues. He was very happy that the wound has now closed and healed but He was not happy about the pain I was having in my stomach, so sat. my wonderful dh took me for a cat scan at the hosp. We ran into the surgeon there and he said to call him tues. (tomm.) for the results. So based on this he will determine if he will do more surgery or not. So I would appreciate your prayers. Thanks.

luvmarypoppins, thank you for the update~
So glad that pt is going well! A little is a lot, one day at a time! I'm glad your wound has healed well.
I'm praying for positive results with your cat scan, so no more surgery. Hear that docs? NO more surgery for luvmarypoppins!:)
You are everpresent in my thoughts and prayers! :hug:

Well here is my latest update. The ct scan looked good so far but the doctor said, yes I need more surgery. Yes, the 7th one this year. Its going to be Nov. 11th so far, it should be alot sooner but the surgeon is going away for a week around columbus day week end and then my dh has to go on a 17 day trip around the world so this is the earliest so far. I dont know if I will make it till then with the pain I am having. So we will see if this works out, if not I guess my ds can help me and hold down the fort etc. I will just let ds21 be listed on all the legal stuff if dh is out of the country. Never a dull moment with me for sure, but I thank God I am still here to tell you all about it!! This time the surgeon said he is doing something laprascopically which will take about 2-3 hours. I will hopefully be in the hospital no more than 2 days. He of course, said things could change very fast before then, oh how well I know, so keep me in your prayers. Thanks!!

Well here is a little update..I had alot of pain last night and dh was talking to the surgery scheduler about Nov. 11th and she said come in today for the dr. to look at you. So we went and he has now decided I have turned into a semi-emergency and he had a cancellation so now my surgery will be this thursday oct. 1st and now he might not be able to do it all laprascopically . He says he will only know as he is doing it. So keep me in your prayers. I think with #7 this year, I am getting to be a pro at this! But it was interesting to see how God figured this one al out, the pain, the phone call, the cancellation etc.

Minniebeth - Bless you for that pm. You are so thoughtful!!

It's like a puzzle...only God knows where the pieces go, and He seems like He's fitting them together for you.
The news of immediate surgery must have been like 'wow' for you, but the positive side of it is that if you have to have it anyway, sooner is better than later, and less time to think about it and anticipate it. Hopefully it will help alleviate the pain. You are in my prayers and I will be thinking about you on Thursday. Best wishes for success and quick recovery! :hug:

luvmarypoppins, you will be in my thoughts and prayers often today! I'm sure all goes well!

I'm finally catching up after our trip and I'm sorry things took a turn for the worse. You are in my thoughts and prayers today that your surgery goes well. :hug:

I pray that everything went well. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Shirley:hug:

Bless you all for the prayers. The surgery went worse than expected, 3 1/2 hours instead of 2 1/2. I was suppose to go home today but they cant manage my pain well enough yet, so maybe tomm. Wow, I just didnt realize how painful this surgery was going to be but he got to do it all laprascopically so that was good. Bless you all and keep the prayers coming.

LMP - sending thought and prayers your way - I hope the pain is decreasing and you are feeling a bit better today.

Sha - I hope your weekend at WDW was good therapy for you and your Mom.

Linda - I've been thinking about your DD all day and hope she is no longer in pain and is beginning to recover. It's so difficult with E-coli because all they really can do is keep her hydrated and monitor her and we, as parents, want to say "Do something for her, please."!! Prayers are constantly being sent your way. Please take care of yourself also.

Laurie and Ann: You are both always here when we need a shoulder to lean on
and are always so helpful. I'm praying that Laurabelle will be feeling better soon.

Hugs to all of you. Barbara

luvmarypoppins, still thinking of you and praying your recovery is going well, one day at a time!
:daisy::flower2::rose::flower:Sending you a bunch of flowers! :flower3:

Oh minniebeth, that is so sweet of you:cutie:, thanks. I was actually thinking of writing a little update, but was waiting as now my one visit was cancelled and is next week. Dh took me to the radiation oncologist today. I of course, feel so bad when I see so many others going through treatments and so much sicker than me etc. She said I am doing fantastic!! She wull look at the new blood work after I get it done. Praying that the numbers will be undetectable as if they rise it could indicate the cancer is back. She was very positive and nice to me today. I guess it helps to also see someone during the day who is not just so so sick too. I go back in 6 months, we then will talk about the scan which will be in June, that involves the special 2 week diet, some radiation, 2 shots that made me nauseous last time, so I will know what to expect this time. Next week I am going to the surgeon who saved my life. He will be doing all the special tests on my vocal cords to see if I need more surgery. That will involve putting some kind of biological foam in my neck to move the cords closer etc. I am so not looking forward to this one. I just hope its not too painful. I know there will be needles in my neck, a scope which I had before etc. I hope dh can stay in the room with me. So I am so blessed to have people like youhere on the Dis who care and pray. Blessings to you always. God is good and I have so much to be thankful for.

:love:God Bless you dear and hope that you are doing better. I will keep you in my prayers. Shirley

luvmarypoppins, I hope you have a very blessed Thanksgiving. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter