Surf's up breakfast time on a park day?

cstaci27

Earning My Ears
We are heading to Disneyland for the first time. I really want to do Surf's Up because of the character line up. We only have three days in the parks (2 days DL, 1 day DCA). Day 1, we will have MM at DL at 8am. Day 2 will be regular entry at DL at 8am, and day 3 will be regular entry 8am at DCA. I don't want to miss those prime morning hours in the park. We do not have any non-park days available to do a character breakfast.

Will a 7am reservation on any of those days at Surf's Up work? Or should we try for a later reservation after some time in the parks. I've heard mixed reviews about later reservations and issues with character interactions.

Thanks!!!

I think I would try for a 10:30 Surf's Up reservation on your DCA day. This way you can arrive at DCA at 7:30 so that you're in the park for rope drop, get all the big line rides in and then cut through the Grand to head to PPH at 10:20 for breakfast. Don't make your reservation any later than that and don't be late because the characters start cycling out at 11:00. This will give you a nice break and works as far as proximity to DCA, plus you'll get to explore the Grand a little. Then you can head back through the direct entrance from the hotel into DCA and spend the rest of the day in the park. You'll have plenty of time to get everything done with time for seconds. The special Grand access to/from DCA is open to anyone with park tickets after any EMH traffic, but particularly to those with restaurant reservations at the Grand or PPH.

Second option is Surf's Up on your DLP day 2. I personally would not want a 7am reservation. Are they even open that early? I would rather be at rope drop, get a few park hours in and then do the breakfast.

I agree with calilou, do a later breakfast on your DCA day. It's a great idea to duck out through GCH. First thing in the morning, you could have something quick and light to hold you, while getting ready in your hotel room or while standing in line at the gate-- fruit, yogurt, granola bars, etc. and then do your full-on brunch later in the morning.

Oh! I hadn't even considered doing breakfast on our DCA day because we had only one day there? I guess there's less to do at DCA than DLR? And thanks for the tip about going through GCH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter