Supportive flip flops?

Two brands: Superfeet (not cheap, but very well worth it) and Montrail (still pricey, but less than the others.)

I love the comfort of OluKai, but as a previous poster noted, they can get slippery when wet. I love my Reef Fanning flips and seem to have fewer issues with them when they get wet.

I second the Sanuk yoga mat flip flops. The fabric straps hold your foot tight against the sole so no "gripping" of the toes is required and your foot won't slip out if you're walking quickly. I've worn them all over NYC in rain and heat. And the footbed is black so they don't get yucky looking with sweat and dirt.

Vionics...they have some very cute styles as well. All of their shoes have the orthoheels in them.

I cannot stand wearing sneakers to the Parks either. I have worn Crocs there.....although they were very comfy at home, they wore blisters after walking so many miles. Nike are good, as well as I just discovered Yellow Box flip flops this year. They have good arch support and are adorbs. To tell you the truth though.....unless you are wearing them in your hotel room and around the pool area/waterparks.....I would not opt for flip flops, (as much as I love them). Sudden rain storms make flip flops VERY slippery, and many of the rides I find better with a back to the shoes. Take Soarin' for example. You have to take your flip flops off and place them under your seat, but a different type of sandal means you can keep them on. I love the Teva brand sandal types. They have proven to not give me blisters or be slippery. To switch it up, I did have one type of crocs with a back strap that were comfy. NO shoes were ever as comfy as the Tevas though. Also, stay away from anything feeling like a suede bottom. *whew* talk about blisters! I would get a pair of Tevas for heavy duty park walking, and a cute pair of flip flops or croc sandals to dress up and wear to Disney Springs, and anywhere where you aren't walking for miles. This comes from much experience!

I have really high arches and narrow feet, so it's hard to find supportive flip flops that aren't too loose. I got some OluKais a couple months ago and love them! I'm excited to finally have flip flops that will work for Disney. I have the Kulapa Kai style and they are great in water, not slippery at all.

OluKai are the only ones I can wear 10+ hours. It has the arch support I need. I have tried several already listed but they did not fit my feet comfortably or they hurt after a couple hours (crocs, reef, etc.) I really think a lot depends on the foot.

this is funny, cuz this is a duplicate post of another one......and many of the suggestions are completely different on each thread....

I wholeheartedly agree with Teva Mush. I have had my Mush II for 5 years, which includes 3 Disney trips and 2 Universal Orlando trips. I hate wearing tennis shoes, so live in my Mush all summer, too. I finally broke down and bought a pair of Original Mush and also another pair of Mush II last month, and I think I love the Original Mush even more than my beloved 5 year old Mush II.

Olukai...I wore crocs forever but I got a pair of these and I wore them the other night for a concert standing and my feet weren't dying by the end of it. Arch support and so comfortable well once you get them broke in.

I think Reef and Nike both make flip flops that stand up to long days in the parks. I did buy a pair of the Mickey Crocs flip flops for rain... I also wear those to the pool/water park because my feet don't slip in them when wet. They were brutal on my feet at first but I worked them over with my hands a few times to soften them up a bit and they're fine now!

I live in Fit Flops. I got my first pair several years ago when they were selling them at Disney World and had Mickey heads on them. I wore those things out. I wish they would make the Mickey ones again. I used to have heel pain but that totally went away after I started wearing Fit Flops. I wear them every day and on every Disney trip-no sore feet ever!

I own a Flip Flop Shop in NJ we carry almost every brand that has been discussed in this thread and I have to agree with those that said Olukai. They are made by former Nike designers and have awesome arch support! Both the Ohana and Kulapa Kai styles do well for women and the Ohana style does best for men. Not sure where in NJ you are but our shop is in Garden State Plaza in Paramus and we have some Olukai on clearance since it's the end of summer, feel free to come on by and try them on!
Hi Alexis!

This is great, thank you for commenting on this post! I'm a little over an hour away from your store. Are you able to check if you have anything in a size 8 before I come all the way out that way? Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter