• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Supercallifragilistic-ADR'sApproachUs! May '09 PTR *Trip Report has Begun! Pg. 208*

I read the series, and it completely stressed me out because I was so the main character when I was younger, but Chelsea and I could use a decent movie to go see.
I hear ya. I haven't read the series but I am loving the latest Pink Carnation book. Oh my goodness, I am flying it through!

oooh how was that movie? I want to see it but being the good wife that I am, I went to see Gran Torino last weekend. This weekend I will be sitting throught the Jonas Bros in 3-D :scared1:
It was very good! Wow, Jonas Bros in 3D, I think I'll pass. :laughing:

Great purchases. Sorry about the bathing suit. Bathing suit shopping is not fun. The princesses making funny faces is hilarious.

I keep hearing how great the target aisle is but unfortunately we do not have one by us.

I might try a trip report. Just to be able to relive the fun.

We have boxes everywhere also. We planned our trip before deciding to move and now we might have to postpone.(I'm waiting until the last possible moment to cancel though) I keep telling myself a house is more important then Disney. Is it wrong to want my cake and eat it too?

Tammy
You should try a trip report! It's so much fun and it really does keep the trip memories alive while you write it.
Nothing wrong with wanting your cake and eating too. I'm up to my eyeballs in boxes. I don't know why I thought it would be good idea to move and go to Disney this spring. :lmao:
Great update!

I'm sorry your bathing suit didn't work out... they are tricky things! It took me forever to find a flattering bathing suit I was comfortable in but I finally got lucky at Land's End. They have some really cute things!

The Jane Austen book sounds really interesting. Those are just the kind of books I like to read on vacation, I might pick that up! And what a great deal you got on your tripod.:thumbsup2

The picture of your chewed up Crocs made me:rotfl2: .My dog has done the same thing... but to my UGGS!:scared1: I just about killed him LOL.
I'm just going to wait on the bathing suit for now. I can survive with my older one for the trip and then maybe when I get back find one for the summer. If I come across something that will work then I will pick it up.
OH! That is awful about your Uggs. I just packed my book shelf and Ruby was sitting on top of it and then jumped off and made it fall over. Holy loud noise! :scared1:

Great purchases!! I'm sorry that the Old Navy suit didn't fit. Maybe I won't order that one. I found a couple more I like at Lands End and Lany Bryant. They're more $$, but maybe worth it in the long run!?!
It was just really low cut and I am not okay with that. :laughing: Sometimes spending more money is worth it in the long run.
Did you like Gran Torino? We loved it! I really need to see Slum Dog this weekend, can't wait to see what all the fuss was about...........
I want to see Slum Dog Millionaire too. I want to see what the hype/buzz is about.

I like the designs for your shirts, especially the fairy one! And those poor crocs. LOL.

ETA: Whoa, where have I been, I totally missed all your other purchases! I love the pin lot...I find myself looking at Disney pins a lot on ebay but lucky for me I haven't bought any recently. The VB bag is cute too. I am such a Vera junkie (my new favorite pattern is the new purple one!). I have a wallet in the capri melon and a bag in the capri blue. Oh yeah and a lot more...it is bad. Very bad. :rolleyes: :rotfl:
VB is an obsession for sure. I am not going to purchase anymore pins for this trip. When I get down there, now that is a different story. :rotfl:

I just finished reading your report and it's great. :thumbsup2 Looking forward in hearing more from you after your trip.

Have a nice day. :)
Welcome and thanks for reading!! :goodvibes

I love watching Pride and Prejudice. A few years ago I had to have surgery so my DH got me a set of Jane Austin books, well I tried to read P&P and finally asked DH, "Do you understand this?'' It seems that the pain meds were "messing" with me and I couldn't understand even a simple sentence. :rotfl: Sadly though I put the book down after two days of total confusion and haven't picked it back up yet.:sad2:
Confessions also stresses me. Bad flash backs to my ex's spending habits.:headache:
:lmao: That is too funny. You should try reading them again. I think I will pick one up for a trip read. That's too bad Confessions stresses you out, it made me feel better I kept telling myself, "At least I am NOT that bad." :lmao:

Sorry about the bathing suit! :headache: I have trouble with a lot of things from Old Navy - they seem to be cut for teenagers. Everything is too low - the neck lines & the waists! And I always have to buy a larger size there - that's never fun. :rolleyes1

Love the toiletries! :thumbsup2

Sorry about the crocs... I bet he/she likes the feeling of biting through that croc material. I had a cat who used to bite through the covers of my notebooks and paperback books when I was in college. Everything had holes in it! It was annoying because he made it hard for me to resell my books at the end of the school year. :mad:
I usually have good luck at Old Navy but I usually layer a lot of their tops with tanks or camis underneath. While I was packing the boxes I noticed little nibbles out of the sides of them, she just must like the sensations on her teeth. Little bugger.
So sorry to hear about the suit my dear!!! They are such a tricky purchase!!! Love your t-shirt designs AND the princess jewels!! I think you guys will look so awesome in them once they are finished!!! I can't wait to see the pics of you both in them!!!
I really can't wait to make the tshirts. I am so excited. I need to be crafy.

(As someone else mentioned) have you checked Land's End for bathing suits? They have mix and match ones in real women's sizes. They may be a bit pricey but I think it would hold up better for all your time at the new apt pool. (I usually get free shipping codes from them so let me know if you need one)
I looked and nothing really struck my fancy. I am going to keep out a casually eye but I will let you know if I need any codes! :goodvibes

Sorry about the bathing suit LL. I hate shopping for those. :headache:

Your shirts are going to be so cute! Tell me about that craft iron. Whats the difference between that and a normal iron? I want to make some shirts for our honeymoon and I'm trying to get some ideas. :bride:

What a great deal on the tripod! :thumbsup2
The iron is a lot smaller, which I think will work well especially with the smaller crystals. I just like the idea of it being smaller and easier to control. I am not a huge fan of ironing to begin with so that is probably why I like it so much but other than that it's the same thing as a regular one.

Sorry about the suit. I agree wtih the Lands End reccomendation! Very cute t shirt designs. I had to laugh at all those little tooth marks in ur Crocs-cute and funny. I know, not really but kinda :)
I can laugh only because they didn't fit me well. :rotfl:

Love your t-shirt designs. Very cute. You and Jen will have a great time.
I really think we are going to have an amazing time. I can't wait!! I finished my itinerary today and it was so much.

I love the t-shirt designs - I can't wait to see pictures of the finished ones! I love the funny princess picture, that was created by Brianna Garcia. I love her work - you can see more of it here: http://bri-chan.deviantart.com/

That is a bummer about the bathing suit. :headache: I hate bathing suit shopping almost as much as I hate pants shopping!
Thanks for the link, I will have to check it out. I hate pants shopping too, well shopping for work pants. I can buy tons of cute capri pants till the cows come home but I can't wear them to work! So unfair.

We loved Gran Torino as well. I hear Clint Eastwood and think "boy movie" so it was completely unexpected how much I loved it.

LL- Bathing suit advice. Got to go with the other votes. Go with Lands End. They last forever and are very flattering. Here is the suit I got

http://www.landsend.com/pp/SolidCon...A&CM_MERCH=IDX_00002__0000000135&origin=index
I love Clint Eastwood, my friend saw it too and she loved it.

Thanks for the link!

Love your purchases!

I have to agree with everyone else on the suit, and tell you to try Lands End. Obviously you keep your suits along time, so overall you'll get your moneys worth. They have a great variety of coverages and styles.
Wow, everyone loves Lands End!! I'll have to look some more when I get more serious about buying one.

I'm sorry but I'm starting to hate this thread. You are a bunch of enablers! First I buy a VB bag, then it was Mary Jane Crocs, NOW I'm loving those Land's End bathing suits that I'm going to have to buy one for my honeymoon. Curses to all of you!! :lmao: :rotfl2: :grouphug:
:guilty: Maybe my next PreTrip Report should be the "How I didn't Buy Anything for my Disney Trip" :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: I don't know if I could be that dedicated.

There are NO VB flip-flops in my town yet.

:mad:
Oh, Man!! So unfair. Can you order them online?

Throw in a lime green mickey head, a bagallinni, and an expensive camera and you'll be a true DISer :rotfl:
:rotfl: So very true.

I do have LGMH on all my bags that I carry to WDW/DCL. I def want/need a new camera, my point in shoot pictures are being put to shame by yours and anothers! Bagallini, hmmm my bag addiction is bad enough! Stop enabling Kristine! I'll track you down in MA! :rotfl:
If it makes you feel better I didn't like the Bagallini on me. :lmao:

My shopping list grows bigger each time I read this thread. Just got off the Lands End website and found the perfect bathing suit.

Oh, and what are VB flip flops-I think I missed that-I might need a pair of those also. By the time my trip gets here in August I may have no money left!:lmao:
That is what happened on my last trip. I bought A LOT more for the last trip. :scared1:

A Camera is an investment...or at least that's what I told my husband!!!

The bagallinni is water-resistant...protects the camera in those sudden florida rainstorms
A camera is an investment. If you take care of it, it can last a very long time. I love the way the bagallinni looks on other people but it just looks hideous on me. :confused:

I totally send Marc emails with links with subject lines like, "Would your lovely wife look beautiful with this necklace?" "Leslie wants this for her Birthday." :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

I'll have to see if I can some cat attack action photos because it really is comical. :lmao:

It works for the most part, that's how I got my lovely birthday "surprise" at CRT on our last trip. ;)

You so smart. Stealing your idea!

I would LOVE to see the cat attack action shots! :rotfl:

That is a major bummer about the suit! Hopefully you can either make due or find a decent one. Seems quite a few people recommend Land's End on here...I'm storing that tidbit in my memory bank for next time I'm suit shopping. Which I avoid until absolutly necessary!

Your tripod is awesome! I refuse to carry one (except a mini, mini, mini one) because of the size and weight. But less than 1 pound and slides into a bag! I avoid Wal*Mart usually, but that *might* be enough to drag me in for a gander...

I LOVE your T-Shirt designs! The one of the silly princesses is one of my favorites, but I think your shirts for CRT are going to be so perfect! Esp with the jewels on them. So cute!

Your cat did a number on those shoes!!!!!! What a goof!

You so smart. Stealing your idea!

I would LOVE to see the cat attack action shots! :rotfl:

That is a major bummer about the suit! Hopefully you can either make due or find a decent one. Seems quite a few people recommend Land's End on here...I'm storing that tidbit in my memory bank for next time I'm suit shopping. Which I avoid until absolutly necessary!

Your tripod is awesome! I refuse to carry one (except a mini, mini, mini one) because of the size and weight. But less than 1 pound and slides into a bag! I avoid Wal*Mart usually, but that *might* be enough to drag me in for a gander...

I LOVE your T-Shirt designs! The one of the silly princesses is one of my favorites, but I think your shirts for CRT are going to be so perfect! Esp with the jewels on them. So cute!

Your cat did a number on those shoes!!!!!! What a goof!

I was really happy when I found the tripod but like I said it's not the most sturdy thing. I think if you just left your camera sitting on the tripod that something disastrous could happen. I know that when I use it, I will be right there with it and I don't plan to use it over and over again. Just for those tricky night shots where I want to be a little more steady. I *think* that the small one I found was available online at WalMart so you might be able to just order it if you don't want to go there.

Hiya!!

Hope you're having a good weekend, LL!:banana:

I went on an "international" shopping trip with my mother today (meaning we crossed the border into Buffalo:rotfl: ) but I went to Target and I saw they have tons of cute bathing suits right now. Have you looked there yet?

Oh, and you have GOT to see Slumdog Millionare. I just loved it.:love:

Hiya!!

I went on an "international" shopping trip with my mother today (meaning we crossed the border into Buffalo:rotfl: ) but I went to Target and I saw they have tons of cute bathing suits right now. Have you looked there yet?

We saw "Slumdog" today, it was really good :goodvibes

:lmao: That is too funny. You should try reading them again. I think I will pick one up for a trip read. That's too bad Confessions stresses you out, it made me feel better I kept telling myself, "At least I am NOT that bad." :lmao:
Wel it's really my own fault midol makes me loopy.:rolleyes:

That would be lovely! I would love to be able to teleport myself down to Disney on a whim. :woohoo:

Me, too! For me it would be out on a Friday afternoon after school and then beamed back early enough Sunday evening to get it all together before going back to school on Monday.

Your countdown poster is awesome! I need to check into doing one of those.

If all goes well, I'll be in WDW in a couple of weeks, and I'll be on the lookout for any lights I haven't already gotten.

I have a cheap Walmart tripod. It does the job after I fight to get it set up, but it is not the easiest thing in the world to open.

I like all of the shopping pictures you've shown - lots of cute blouses!

Hiya!!

Hi! I haven't looked at Target yet, I will have to take a peek. Did you enjoy your "international" shopping trip? Hehehe.

We saw "Slumdog" today, it was really good :goodvibes
I might try to go see it, if not it's will be on my list when it comes out on DVD.

Wel it's really my own fault midol makes me loopy.:rolleyes:
:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: That is just really funny!

Me, too! For me it would be out on a Friday afternoon after school and then beamed back early enough Sunday evening to get it all together before going back to school on Monday.

Your countdown poster is awesome! I need to check into doing one of those.

If all goes well, I'll be in WDW in a couple of weeks, and I'll be on the lookout for any lights I haven't already gotten.

I have a cheap Walmart tripod. It does the job after I fight to get it set up, but it is not the easiest thing in the world to open.

I like all of the shopping pictures you've shown - lots of cute blouses!
Hey MeMom! I think a weekend trip to WDW would be excellent. I wouldn't mind so much going to work Monday - Friday.

I love my countdown poster, it brings me so much joy to take off one of those little Mickey Heads. :lmao: I'm already scheming for my next one and wondering how many more of those Mickey Heads I can put on it. I'm going for 250. :rotfl:

I wonder if we have the same tripod. Mine isn't the easiest to set up either but it's going to serve it's purpose and for $12.96 you can't really complain!

I can't wait to see what light pictures you come up with. Where are you staying in a few weeks? I can't remember if you have said before.

I mentioned on CP's thread that I purchased a new dining room table yesterday for our big move. We don't currently have a dining area in our apartment so it's a huge deal to be able to have a little "dining alcove" that is big enough for a table. I am so sick and tired of eating on tv trays.

I went to visit my parents at the last minute yesterday and my mom and I decided to check out the Mill Store and we found a pretty table. Now it's not something I would normally pick out but for some reason I just really liked it. I love the chairs and I have all black picture frames that I plan to put in the dining area and I think it's going to look fabulous. :laughing: I'm hoping to still do my "shabby chic/french country" look in the living room.

So this is the best picture I could find. It's the white table on the very bottom in the left corner. "5pc Granite-Top Dining Set with x-back chairs" It is the heaviest table in the entire world. Just ask my Dad! He thought we were nuts to buy a table with a granite slab in it. :rotfl: It's currently in my parents garage awaiting us to go pick it up before the move so we can have the movers lug it up three flights of stairs. :rolleyes1

482809185_mpNby-X3.jpg

Marc wasn't with me yesterday but I called him and he said he trusted me, this is much more Marc's style then mine so I knew he would like it. Last night he begged me to go find a picture online and I brushed him off saying, I am sure they don't even have a website. Then this morning my DISers ask and I go off and find one, he's quite disgruntled at the moment. :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

Oh and I plan to have a real update later today!

LL, love the table and chairs:goodvibes , I need a new set for my dining room, wish we had one of those stores in our area!

Just want to prepare you if you see "Slumdog" I had to cover my eyes more than once, Marc asked my why I didn't just shut them.......:confused

I love it! I like that chair design too! I was excited to have a dining room table when I moved into my house too. I had grand plans of eating every meal in there. Of course now I'm back to the kitchen counter or worse, couch! :sad2:

Love your shabby chic french vision for the living room. I can't wait to see the new place!!

Hurrah for a "real update" later today! :cheer2:

LL, love the table and chairs:goodvibes , I need a new set for my dining room, wish we had one of those stores in our area!

Just want to prepare you if you see "Slumdog" I had to cover my eyes more than once, Marc asked my why I didn't just shut them.......:confused
I love the Mill Store. It's awesome. What I didn't realize was there is one in the City that I work in!! Wahoooo!! I see myself shopping there a lot in the future. :lmao:
Cover you eyes...hmmm... I'm intrigued.

I love it! I like that chair design too! I was excited to have a dining room table when I moved into my house too. I had grand plans of eating every meal in there. Of course now I'm back to the kitchen counter or worse, couch! :sad2:

Love your shabby chic french vision for the living room. I can't wait to see the new place!!

Hurrah for a "real update" later today! :cheer2:
The chairs are so comfy! I sat in them and they were so sturdy and so comfy that I was in love. Marc & I are really going to try hard to eat our meals at the table. We want to get into better habits now so that we don't pass our bad habits on to any future children. :lmao: I want to stop eating in front of the tv altogether.

I hope the shabby chic french vision comes to life. I think it's going to be a work in progress. With adding a little bit here and there. And even though we did get a new couch, I am already wanting a new one. :lmao: I think that will be my next big purchase.

I'm so glad you have movers to schlep you stuff up 3 flights:scared1:
Yeah. No way could we schlep everything up three flight of stairs, not if I wanted to survive. :rotfl2: I'm very grateful we found reasonable priced movers, I am sure they will hate us when they are done.

I thought I posted a reply a couple of days ago, but maybe my internet was acting up again. :headache:

I'm sorry about the bathing suit -- I hate when something like that happens. And Ruby chewing your Crocs! What a stinker. I've never heard of a cat chewing shoes before, but I can definitely see it being her liking the feel of them on her teeth. I was cracking up when you said that she thinks that she is a dog, because my BF's dog has some feline tendencies. He is the ONLY dog that I have ever seen who rubs up against your leg and weaves in and out of your legs. He has tripped me more than once doing that -- very strange. I hope he grows out of it because he is about 20 lbs. now and is going to be around 40 when he's grown. :rotfl:

I love the table set! And I am so glad that you have movers to move that for you.

Yay for an update! :woohoo:

Love the new table!!! It's really cute! It's going to look fab with the French chic look.

Completely unrelated to your TR. Did you see on the news that Drew Barrimore is in talks to direct Eclipse???

So I didn't get a chance to mail your package out yesterday and tomorrow isn't looking too promising with the snow storm. But I will get it out ASAP. I promise!

Beautiful table, LL! I really like it!
Thanks, CP!

I thought I posted a reply a couple of days ago, but maybe my internet was acting up again. :headache:

I'm sorry about the bathing suit -- I hate when something like that happens. And Ruby chewing your Crocs! What a stinker. I've never heard of a cat chewing shoes before, but I can definitely see it being her liking the feel of them on her teeth. I was cracking up when you said that she thinks that she is a dog, because my BF's dog has some feline tendencies. He is the ONLY dog that I have ever seen who rubs up against your leg and weaves in and out of your legs. He has tripped me more than once doing that -- very strange. I hope he grows out of it because he is about 20 lbs. now and is going to be around 40 when he's grown. :rotfl:

I love the table set! And I am so glad that you have movers to move that for you.

Yay for an update! :woohoo:
That is too funny about your BF's dog. My goodness animals can be quite entertaining. I'm over the bathing suit. I just need to go to UPS so I can ship it back to Old Navy. Probably not tomorrow because of the stupid snow!

Love the new table!!! It's really cute! It's going to look fab with the French chic look.

Completely unrelated to your TR. Did you see on the news that Drew Barrimore is in talks to direct Eclipse???

So I didn't get a chance to mail your package out yesterday and tomorrow isn't looking too promising with the snow storm. But I will get it out ASAP. I promise!
I was just watching E! and they said that!! How awesome would that be, I have always loved her.

No worries on the package, take your time. I don't think I will be wearing them anytime soon in the SNOW. :headache:

LL, LOVE the new table and chairs!!:lovestruc Going to check out the Mill Store online now, too, we need a new set. We've had the set my inlaws raised my DH with since we got married (almost 9 years ago!), so we're due!!! I'm looking for something black, I love that look. Yay you!!:cool1:

Ready for the storm tonight and tomorrow? I don't knw about you but I'm SO done with this Winter here in MA!!! Enough with the snow, bring on Spring!!:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter