Supercallifragilistic-ADR'sApproachUs! May '09 PTR *Trip Report has Begun! Pg. 208*

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Lady Lallie, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

That about sums it up! :rotfl2:

Lara's trivia inspired me to order a Disney Trivia desktop calendar today. :rolleyes1

Yes you do!

I don't know, that's a bummer! I am dug out, luckily my husband was on shoveling duty. princess:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tnkrbelle565

Tnkrbelle565 DIS Veteran

Oh you are such a princess!!! My back is killing between shoveling and wrapping presents for 3 hours :scared1: Randy went to pick up Ash from her cousin's yesterday and it took him 2 hours. They are in Methuen- we are in North Andover. Don't know if you know the Merrimack Valley at all but Methuen is the next town over!!! So I thought I would be nice and shovel while he was gone. Paying for it today. I had a drs appointment this morning and they actually measured me :-)confused3 ) and I lost almost an inch because I couldn't stand up straight :rotfl2:

4. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

I hurt my back about 5 years ago and doing the slightest bending really kills it so he usually does the digging out when he's home. Because on those mornings when he's still at work and I have to get to work I do it...and pay for it for days and days! Stupid snow!

5. Tnkrbelle565

Tnkrbelle565 DIS Veteran

Me too. I actually have two herniated disks in my lower back....makes me sound like an old lady huh???

6. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

I know. I feel that way too!

7. ILuvCrush

ILuvCrush DIS Veteran

And yet another reason to move to Florida.... Your health!!:rolleyes1

You are keeping a *list* of all the reasons you need to move there right???

8. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

ADR System Update.

Has everyone seen this!?! It looks like for now, ADR's can only be booked up to 90 days in advance! At least I know that my ADR date is Feb. 22nd, 2009! Which is a Sunday so I will have to get my patoot out of bed early. I much rather do that then have to worry about doing it on a work day. That's only 61 days from now....so brace yourselves, I will be obsessing over my ADR's for 61 more days. ;)

9. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

I just read about it! You know, my heart kind of sank! My 90 day window is March 8. That seems forever from now :(.

Let me go see what day of the week it is...mine's a Sunday, too. At least there is a silver lining to it -- I can spend all day on the phone and computer tinkering with my ADRs.

10. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

I know, it does seem like both our days are far away. I just really hope the May hours out before then.

I see positives and negatives for both sides. It's nice that we have more time to decide and less time to play the ADR shuffle. :lmao: But I think more people will be in the know for the 90 days so does that mean it will be even harder to get certain ADR's?? :confused3

11. julezdisney

julezdisney Boo to the b!

Oh LL and CP, you're days will be up so fast- before you know it! ::yes::

12. Charleston Princess

That's my concern as well -- I feel like more people will know within that 90-days that they are going to Disney, so does that mean it will be harder to get through and harder to get the places/times I want? Grrrr.

March seems weeks and weeks and weeks and lots of cold weather away. :(

13. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

That's my biggest worry. That more people will be in the know. :scared:

14. Charleston Princess

Which ADRs do you want that might be difficult to secure?

15. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

I'm most worried about Le Cellier, everything else should be fine.

16. Charleston Princess

That's what I think, too. We aren't trying for Le Cellier. So far our list includes Cape May Cafe, Crystal Palace, and Tusker House for breakfasts; Yachtsman Steakhouse, Beaches and Cream, Teppan Edo, and Rose and Crown for dinners. None of those should be super difficult to get, I don't think.

17. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

I think you will be fine. Those seems to be good choices. :thumbsup2

18. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

I like being an insider too. ;) I think one of the other changes they are making to the system is linking your ADRs to your resort reservation or a phone # or something such that people can't make multiple reservations for the same meal as a "precaution." That might help cut down on things. My experience at both Le Cellier in Oct and Jiko in Dec was it was unbelievably hard to get the ADR - and when I got there, there were several open tables. :confused3

I really can't wait for the online system!! :surfweb:

19. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

Oh, I hope we can get Jiko too! That is a must must must do! Even more so than Le Cellier for me.

I hope the online system opens soon but I think it will be a bit still.

20. jenjolt

jenjolt Loves All Things Disney!

Jiko is one I wish I could have fit in...but I choose Yatchsman instead...maybe next trip. I'm going to try to convince Prince Phillip to do a 4 day weekend around my birthday...guilt trip him into going with me in October...we'll see I would have to start planning that ASAP.

21. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

I think that would be nice if you went for your Birthday. I bet you convince him, lure him with the DVC tour! ;)