Supercallifragilistic-ADR'sApproachUs! May '09 PTR *Trip Report has Begun! Pg. 208*

I have been in a spending mode this weekend. Which is funny since I don't really have money to spend. I guess I like to stress myself out. :lmao:

So it all started on Saturday. I went up to my parents to drop my car off at their mechanic. He's such a great guy and I trust him with my car and best of all he's reasonable priced. My parents had company this weekend and things to do so my original plan was to stay at their house and then when my car was done walk down to the garage and go home. Plans changed. Mom convinced me to go shopping with her my dad's cousin Nancy while the men went off to do manly thing.

First stop was AC Moore. I bought somethings to do a little travel journal. I worked on it a bit yesterday but am not happy with how it looks so you will have to wait to see pictures. I need to work on it more. I also bought MIL and Mother's Day present.

Then we went off to Christmas Tree Shop where I bought some non-Disney things.

Then we went to Fashion Bug where I returned the shirts that were too short to make into my Disney tees. I found a pair of Jean Capris. They are pretty cute. I knew if I didn't get them I would regret it. Just your basic Jean Capris.

Then we went to TJ Maxx where I found something new for the apartment on clearance for $10. Yay!

Then it was off to a country store where we had lunch and bought some yummy goodies.

My shopping mood continued today. I am NOT happy with my park bag. If you remember I bought a Vera Bradley Cargo Sling.
480223671_zQb9n-M.jpg

It pains me to say this but it's just not working for me. The strap is just not long enough for me to wear comfortably across my body. I know I won't be happy with it down in Disney and I don't want to have to worry about finding a new bag down there nor do I want to spend the money down there.

So I bought this. Kavu Sydney Satchel.

6627-862544-d.jpg

I bought it in the Green Dot pattern, isn't it cute? I found some other pictures online that I can't save to my computer for some reason and the strap seems a lot longer than the cargo sling. It also looks like it will be big enough to be a Gnome carrier. :thumbsup2 I got it from Zappos so it's free shipping and free returns. If I don't like, it's going back. My bag buying is getting out of control. :rotfl: I really think I am going to sell my Java Blue Messenger Bag on ebay. I don't use it at all. I do like my cargo sling for work. It's perfect to hold my wallet, phone, book, lunch and anything else I need to bring to work. So I guess it wasn't a completely wasted purchase. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I honestly don't think I need anything else for Disney. The only thing I might need is a toiletry item or two but I think I have most of what I need already. Jen and I are going to work on a comprehensive trip budget over the next few days. I think that will help my worrying. I really don't want this trip spending to spiral out of control like it did last time.

Speaking of bags....Mom had a super cute moment this weekend. I bought her a Vera Bradley hipster for Christmas and she has fallen in love. We were in AC Moore and she found the knock off VB bags. She found a cute pink pattern that is very similar to my Cargo Sling and it was only $5. She was quite proud of herself. THEN she uttered these words, "What bag are you taking to Disney?"

Oh, I have trained her well! :lmao: I told her I still didn't know what I was going to take. We'll see if my Sydney Satchel works out for me. I also have a sling backpack that I bought last year for Disney but never took because I didn't like it. I wore it while we were moving and it was quite comfy. It was $12.96 at Walmart. If I take that to Disney, Marc will never let me live it down after all my bag buying. :lmao:

Anyhoo, I told Mom to bring her hipster. She has a pretty small camera and I will have a bigger-ish bag if she needs more space. :thumbsup2

I also called Disney yesterday about the Magical Express issue for Mom. The nice CM I spoke with told me that when I check in, I can let them know that Jen will be leaving on Monday and I have another guest visiting me on Wednesday. She told me that I could get Mom a room key and that they could put her on the Magical Express when she landed. Mom has until 24 hours to cancel her Town Car so I am going to see what happens when I check in to make sure everything works out before she cancels. Yay! She was very happy that she might not have to spend the money on the Town Car. :thumbsup2

OH!! I almost forgot!! :scared1: My luggage tags came today!!! I will admit when I was showing them to Marc I felt a little guilty that he wasn't joining me. Then he reminded me that he'll be buying a tv shortly. :laughing:

What gorgeous pictures of England! My brother is leaving for London when we leave for Disney, and my mom and I keep teasing him that we are going there too... via the World Showcase. He is NOT a Disney person and we can totally get him going on that.:rotfl: We'll have to compare trip photos when he gets back and see how authentic Epcot's pavilion really is.:laughing:

I love the new bag! Having a good bag really does make a difference when you're touring. A bag bag is SO frustrating. The green dots are really cute and it looks super convenient.

I loooove the little bunnies, I so hope they are there for you! They are just adorable.:lovestruc I kind of want one too!

I LOVE your new bag.:lovestruc It kind of matches a pair of shoes I just bought. Hmmmm....;) Hope it works out for you.:thumbsup2

Great update! To bad about the VB bag. At least you can still use it. I like the new one-hope it works. I hope the budgeting goes well. Congrats on the tags.

I realllllly like your new bag, I was wondering about the Vera when you wouldn't model it for us. I can't wait to hear the report as soon as Zappos ships your Kavu! Maybe you will model this one!:goodvibes:

An update! And a shopping update at that! :yay: Your new bag looks cute. I hope it works out. Definitely have to be comfortable in WDW. How cute that your mom automatically asks what bag you're taking! :rotfl: Sorry about the FB tees... have you found better ones?

Marc is not losing sight of that TV! ;)

Luggage tags. I'm jealous. I don't get those booking just room only. I only get the ME paper things. It's very sad. :sad1:

Then it was off to a country store where we had lunch and bought some yummy goodies.

My bag buying is getting out of control.

OH!! I almost forgot!! :scared1: My luggage tags came today!!! I will admit when I was showing them to Marc I felt a little guilty that he wasn't joining me. Then he reminded me that he'll be buying a tv shortly. :laughing:

A country store lunch and goodies - sounds good to a Tennessee girl.

And Disney World has so many more bags you can look at!

A TV versus a Disney trip.
I'd take a Disney trip any day.
I think a big TV is a guy thing.
Guys seem to be fascinated by them - the bigger and louder (and flatter) the better. They love to turn them up and shake the whole house with the rumbling of war movies or the roar of race car video games, and there is something very special to them about seeing football players that are like ten feet tall on the screen and seeing every little stitch of a baseball.
Yep, I'll take a Disney trip any day. :goodvibes

Sounds like you are pretty much set to go.
All you've gotta do now is sit and w-a-i-t.
Tick-tock.
Tick-tock.

I bought the Flower and Garden Festival Pin - it's very cute. :thumbsup2

Completely understand about having the right bag for the trip! I hope the one you bought works for you. I love my Vera Bradley Hipster. :goodvibes

Oh LL, Bummer about the Vera! I think Hipster's are the way to go with me. But, good luck about your new bag/s!! SO excited about getting your luggage tags! Can't wait for the picture of the day this morning! :thumbsup2

OooOOOoOOooOOOo!!! I hope they have your bunny, LL! I remember how sad you were that you didn't get him the first time!

Oh and I remember when those Vinylethingees came out and I thought they were really dumb. But they've since come out with some super cute/original/funny designs!
They are really cute, I adore the little panda one! So very cute.

Lady Lallie, I wonder if your list is short b/c you still have 30 days until your vacation :rotfl: Lets see the "list" in 28 days :rolleyes1 If you have that kind of will power, kudos to you! Me? I have a short list, then I see this and I see that, and I see this, and this, and...

:rolleyes: hmmmm... I think I will try your strategy... it will look like I am going to keep the list short that way :laughing:

A very good strategy indeed! :thumbsup2

:goodvibes
I need to have will power or Marc will end up with a ginormous tv. I don't want my living room to be all tv. :rotfl:

What gorgeous pictures of England! My brother is leaving for London when we leave for Disney, and my mom and I keep teasing him that we are going there too... via the World Showcase. He is NOT a Disney person and we can totally get him going on that.:rotfl: We'll have to compare trip photos when he gets back and see how authentic Epcot's pavilion really is.:laughing:

I love the new bag! Having a good bag really does make a difference when you're touring. A bag bag is SO frustrating. The green dots are really cute and it looks super convenient.

I loooove the little bunnies, I so hope they are there for you! They are just adorable.:lovestruc I kind of want one too!
Oh that is so funny about your brother! My sister in law went to England and I have to say some of pictures look a lot like World Showcase! :thumbsup2
I really hope this bag works out. :worship:
I LOVE your new bag.:lovestruc It kind of matches a pair of shoes I just bought. Hmmmm....;) Hope it works out for you.:thumbsup2
Hmmm...matches your shoes? It was $32 on Zappos. :rolleyes1

Yes, I am intrigued by those -- not sure if they will make the final cut on my souvenir wish list, though. :rotfl:

Cute bag!!!

ME luggage tags or the WDW Travel Co. luggage tags?
Both actually. I forgot to mention that I received my ME luggage tags last week? D'oh! So I received the ME ones last week adn the WDW Travel Co yesterday. I just love the Celebration design on them. :goodvibes

Great update! To bad about the VB bag. At least you can still use it. I like the new one-hope it works. I hope the budgeting goes well. Congrats on the tags.
Thanks! I really hope it works out.

I realllllly like your new bag, I was wondering about the Vera when you wouldn't model it for us. I can't wait to hear the report as soon as Zappos ships your Kavu! Maybe you will model this one!:goodvibes:
I don't like modeling bags! It makes me look ginormous. :rotfl2: We'll see.

An update! And a shopping update at that! :yay: Your new bag looks cute. I hope it works out. Definitely have to be comfortable in WDW. How cute that your mom automatically asks what bag you're taking! :rotfl: Sorry about the FB tees... have you found better ones?

Marc is not losing sight of that TV! ;)

Luggage tags. I'm jealous. I don't get those booking just room only. I only get the ME paper things. It's very sad. :sad1:
Marc is not losing sight of the tv at all. I don't get the fascination.

I have new tees on the way and they are longer so they should work, at this point I don't care. I am just making them. :rotfl2:
A country store lunch and goodies - sounds good to a Tennessee girl.

And Disney World has so many more bags you can look at!

A TV versus a Disney trip.
I'd take a Disney trip any day.
I think a big TV is a guy thing.
Guys seem to be fascinated by them - the bigger and louder (and flatter) the better. They love to turn them up and shake the whole house with the rumbling of war movies or the roar of race car video games, and there is something very special to them about seeing football players that are like ten feet tall on the screen and seeing every little stitch of a baseball.
Yep, I'll take a Disney trip any day. :goodvibes

Sounds like you are pretty much set to go.
All you've gotta do now is sit and w-a-i-t.
Tick-tock.
Tick-tock.
Oh the country store if fabulous. It's called Calef's. Mom would go there when she was little. It even still has penny candy! They make the best walnut cranberry chicken salad, homemade bread and everything. So delicious. I bought some hot pepper jelly that I can't wait to eat.

The TV fascination I don't get at all, but whatever floats his boat. He's been wanting one the entire time we have been together.

I bought the Flower and Garden Festival Pin - it's very cute. :thumbsup2

Completely understand about having the right bag for the trip! I hope the one you bought works for you. I love my Vera Bradley Hipster. :goodvibes
I love my VB Hipster too BUT I have a larger camera and add Nobby the Gnome and it just doesn't work out. I wish the Hipster was just a little bit bigger and then it would be perfect. I still might bring it...just in case. :confused3

Oh LL, Bummer about the Vera! I think Hipster's are the way to go with me. But, good luck about your new bag/s!! SO excited about getting your luggage tags! Can't wait for the picture of the day this morning! :thumbsup2
I am working on the picture of the day! I forgot to look this morning and I had to call Marc to tell me what it is! :laughing:

Iv ebeen in spending mode also. I think its the rain and boredom here in New York! Love the new b ag!

First of all, I love your new bag! I prefer it to the original! Way cuter - IMO!

Secondly, this is my favorite Day 31 picture. (Am I right, day 31???? - I'm losing count :rotfl:) I am completely unfamiliar with this. Where is it - Pirates? I must look for it on my next visit.

First of all, I love your new bag! I prefer it to the original! Way cuter - IMO!

Secondly, this is my favorite Day 31 picture. (Am I right, day 31???? - I'm losing count :rotfl:) I am completely unfamiliar with this. Where is it - Pirates? I must look for it on my next visit.

That is actually in DHS. Once you come off of Backlot Tour into the movie memorabilia. :thumbsup2

You are right, 31 DAYS!

Oh, goody -- that means I should be getting my luggage tags in about two weeks!!! :banana:

I :lovestruc Disney pirates! Oh, this has made me so excited to be riding POTC in a month and a half!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter