Super early but...2017 anyone?

AJ1983

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! My husband and I are hoping to have our first child sometime in 2016 and have decided we will take a trip, just the two of us, at the end of my maternity leave, which brings us to sometime in 2017. We had initally said an all inclusive in Mexico or Jamaica. Anyway last night DH says our trip doesnt HAVE to be an all inclusive...I think someone besides me is feeling the post-Disney blues haha. So, looks like I am planning a trip to Florida for 2017! We would probably be there before the new waterpark at Universal opens, and before Avatarland, but hoping for some new attractions over the next two years! Anyone else planning this far out?

Yay! I'm so glad you started this. Yep...we're planning for 2017. Our DD will be graduating from high school in late May 2017, and we're planning on going sometime in June and definitely want to be there for a SWW. The Disney Vacation Account is open and growing, and we talk almost every day about resorts and meals and plans. DH and I hope to give her the best vacation we can muster since she has been the long-suffering little sister of a very busy athletic older brother. So Lord willing and the creek don't rise...we'll see Mickey in 24 months!

We are planning a 12 day Disney Mediterranean Cruise:-) Oldest DD will graduate high school June 2017, so it will be a fun celebration! We are in the planning stages with several other families (19 people total). We've done two Disney cruises (Western and Eastern Caribbean on the Magic and the Fantasy) with these families before, so this will be so exciting. Fun to be planning this far in advance!!!

Sounds like some major celebrations going on in 2017 :) Its just DH and I going so our "Im Celebrating" buttons will be completed with "surviving our first year as parents" lol As for the planning, we have done three identical trips to Orlando in the past two years so I dont have to research hotels or transportation, park ticket options etc. What I am doing is opening a US $ savings account so i can buy american money when the dollar is low. I am also applying for a us dollar credit card through my bank to avoid conversion fees when i book hotels or for flights on expedia. It sucked to find a great deal last time but the conversion killed it. We got an Ap discount at the disney hotel for 25% but then before i paid the balance the american dollar rose by 24 cents which pretty much negated the discount. So trying to plan to avoid that. The nickname on that acct will be Disney Fund haha. I am also keeping up with these boards for any park news/changes that will be in place when we get there. unfortunately because we are going early in 2017 i think the only major change or addition we will see anywhere is the king kong attration at universal (which i am really excited for!) but i dont think we will see avatarland or anything.

Last edited:

Ooh, can I join? I'm trying to rationalize an Xmas trip this year but we are also hoping to get pregnant ($$) our son is still in private preschool ($$$) and I'm going back to school too! ($$$$) So most likely we will have to stick to our original plan of returning for DS's 6th Bday in late 2017. Hopefully by then the new Frozen ride and Avatarland will be done at least!

Ooh, can I join? I'm trying to rationalize an Xmas trip this year but we are also hoping to get pregnant ($$) our son is still in private preschool ($$$) and I'm going back to school too! ($$$$) So most likely we will have to stick to our original plan of returning for DS's 6th Bday in late 2017. Hopefully by then the new Frozen ride and Avatarland will be done at least!
Oh my! I really admire your energy! Best wishes to you in all your plans!

You inspired me. I just decided, it's official: I'm starting a Disney jar for my DD's middle school 2017 graduation!

Oh my! I really admire your energy! Best wishes to you in all your plans!

You inspired me. I just decided, it's official: I'm starting a Disney jar for my DD's middle school 2017 graduation!

Oh I am way overly-ambitious and I know it. I haven't been in school in a looooooong time (like, before people brought laptops to class long time) and I have no idea what's about to hit me. But 2.5 years until our next Disney trip seems like enough time to plan at least! I'm hoping we can use credit card miles for flights and I'm thinking of opening a Starwood hotel credit card to see if we could bank enough points to get free rooms at Swan and Dolphin. Seeing as WDW will probably be charging something between a left arm and a firstborn for park tickets in a few years, we might as well save where we can!

I haven't been in school in a looooooong time (like, before people brought laptops to class long time) and I have no idea what's about to hit me.

You can do anything you put your mind to. I got a degree and changed careers in my 40s!

Is it worth getting a Disney Visa, do you think?

You can do anything you put your mind to. I got a degree and changed careers in my 40s!

Is it worth getting a Disney Visa, do you think?

Way to go! My mom got her masters when I was in junior high/high school so I like to think I'm ahead of the game since DS is only in preschool LOL.

From what I've read on other sites (such as here: http://www.frugalmouse.com/disney-visa/), only if you REEALLLY care about the Epcot Disney Visa meet n greet. Otherwise there just aren't that many perks and the point return per dollar spend is worse than the average airmile or hotel points card. I perked up at the dining discount mentioned on the Disney Visa site but when I read the fine print it applies to few restaurants we would want to go to. For a $50 annual fee, you really aren't getting much. I think we might try to get the Chase Sapphire Preferred or the Chase Ink Plus for Ultimate Reward points instead.

Way to go! My mom got her masters when I was in junior high/high school so I like to think I'm ahead of the game since DS is only in preschool LOL.

From what I've read on other sites (such as here: http://www.frugalmouse.com/disney-visa/), only if you REEALLLY care about the Epcot Disney Visa meet n greet. Otherwise there just aren't that many perks and the point return per dollar spend is worse than the average airmile or hotel points card. I perked up at the dining discount mentioned on the Disney Visa site but when I read the fine print it applies to few restaurants we would want to go to. For a $50 annual fee, you really aren't getting much. I think we might try to get the Chase Sapphire Preferred or the Chase Ink Plus for Ultimate Reward points instead.
Thank you! I have a long learning curve ahead of me, researching how to take advantage of discounts, cards (as you are clearly knowledeable), etc. I didn't do much in that way before, because for a long time I was in denial about how much I love Disney and need to go back. Now I know better, and I know I'm not alone. Happy planning to you!

My 40th birthday happens in January 2017 so I'm definitely going to be headed to the World. Just not sure who's going to be coming with me, DH, kids, BFF or all?

We have a trip booked for June 2016 but I am also considering going back sometime after Thanksgiving and before the Christmas crowd in 2017. We have never seen Disney with the Christmas decorations.

I'm planning for either May or August 2017! We've been going through a financial nightmare for the past few years (main breadwinner was laid off, working commission sales jobs since then, debt going through the roof and so on...) but we finally have a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. It's going to take a while to recover financially, but I intend to have things under control by 2017. I've been saying all along that I'm happy with our small house, I'll continue to drive my 2003 Cavalier as long as it's running, all I ask is that we can start going to WDW again. It's going to happen! Depending on how the budget works out, I'm looking at either POR or YC.

Planning our 11th trip to WDW in 2017. We are planning on being there May 1 for 8 days and we are looking forward to the NEW attractions (hopefully Avatar Land). We will be celebrating our 48th wedding anniversary. We will be staying at WL, one of our favorite resorts.

We may be joining you in 2017. We will probably be skipping 2016. Hopefully they will have some of the new attractions open.

Hoping to do the Princess 5K in Feb. 2017. Going in Oct. (family/friends reunion), Nov. (anniversary trip), and Dec. (family Christmas) this year so need to take a little break.

Lol you sound like me! We went for our honeymoon in october last year and bought annual passes because we knew we were taking another trip in spring of this year haha

Hi! We are starting to save for a June 2017 Disney trip for my daughter's 16th bday and my mom's 70th bday. We haven't been to Disney for three years and are so excited to have it to look forward to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter