• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sunny's Make-A-Wish TR 12/1-12/6

Well, when we woke up it was Brendan's Birthday! We got ready and headed down to the Gingerbread house. After we sat down with our food, an Angel came by with a birthday waffle

SunnysMAW059.jpg

It made Brendan's day to recieve the special treat!
After we ate, we walked over to Keaton's Korral and let the kids ride the horses. Now, as we walked up to the area, I saw some animals of in the distance, and I thought they were sheep. Well, as we got closer EVERYONE old me that they were donkeys:confused3. My parents and siblings never let me let that down the entire trip.:rolleyes: Well, jeez... Even Sunny laughed about it for awhile...
Anywayz, The kids rode the horses and I took pictures...

SunnysMAW071.jpg

Afterwards, the kids wanted to play at the park while the groen-ups got ready for Animal Kingdom. That was a great photo-opp moment

SunnysMAW086.jpg

SunnysMAW087.jpg

After the adults loaded the van, we headed out to our FIRST park, Animal Kingdom. Everyone was stoked to finally go to Disneyworld. This is what we saw as we turned down the rode

SunnysMAW090.jpg

We got out of the car and eaded towards the entrance. After getting through the ticket station, we saw our first characters, Brer Rabbit and Brer Bear

SunnysMAW092.jpg

Now, Can someone please tell me where they are from? I know who they are from all of the great TR before me, but I didn't grow up watching them so I have no clue....
The very first thing Sunny wanted to do was find Mickey and his friends. So I checked our handy-dandy map and pointed out the way. We reached the Character section and Sunny just about jumped out of her stroller! She spotted "Santa Goofy" way before any of us did. LOL So that's who we saw first.

SunnysMAW095.jpg

I bet your wondering why we didn't get all of the kids in this pic... okay well, traveling with 4 children, 2 teens, and 2 adults is NOT easy. There is fovever a fight, tanturm, lost child, or announces with that many people. I believe this is one of those times and that's why no one wanted a picture. LOL. It's actually really funny now because with each character we meet there are less and less kids in the picture. Once we finally got to meet Mickey, NONE of the kids wanted to take a picture so this is what we got

SunnysMAW098.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl: Isn't that great!? A picture of Mickey just signing autographs... lol
Now, before I continue, I'm going to say that this was my least favorite park. Animal Kingdom was surprisingly crowded, more crowded then my liking. And all of the greenery and benches made it worse. I get overwhelmed when there are big crowds and I sometimes get dizzy. Well, after feeling this way for about a half an hour, I told my parents that we needed to go on Safari (since I heard that it wasn't crowded). So thats what we did next. It was very relaxing and one of the best rides in AK.

SunnysMAW109.jpg

Even little Sunny was enjoying the relaxation and the animals. After this, Mashea and Noah wanted to ride Everest. So we headed over to the large roller coaster. Now, I normally would ride a coaster but this one was wooden.. I don't do wooden coasters. So I sat with Sunny and we watched them go down. They loved it and said that it was their favorite ride at disney...:laughing: After this we caught the Bug's Life Show... I heard from everyone that any child younger then 5 would be scared of this show, but Sunny wanted to see it anyway. I was so nervous for her during the show but she LOVED it! This would be the first of many rides deemed too scary for small children that Sunny rode with us! That's my girl!

SunnysMAW135.jpg

ok, wait just one minute here! This was Saturday, December 5th, right? We called in the morning and were told Keaton's Korral was closed! What time did you go at? Maybe it opened up later after the rain stopped? Hmmmmm . . .

Love the photos and the update. We went to Epcot on this day and there were minimal crowds. It's so funny how the number of kids gets less and less until it's just Mickey! :rotfl2:

I love the picture of the 4 kids at the Candyland playground. Too cute! Sunny has such a beautiful smile!!

Great update! I love Sunny on the horse. You should have tried Everest, it is amazing! I think the picture of Mickey by himself is too funny! :rotfl:

What a sweet little girl!:goodvibes Serioulsy, Sunny has the perfect name because her little face is like sunshine, love her smile!:goodvibes I'll bet she charms everyone she meets.

Wow, she liked It's Tough To Be A Bug?? My DD6 and DD8 screamed in terror! Actually my DD6 jumped off her seat and into my lap and stayed curled in a ball till we left!:lmao: Sunny is much braver!

Loving this trip report. I hope you all had a wonderful time and I'm looking forward to reading the rest. Great job!:thumbsup2

Lovely update! Everyone is just beaming. Glad the horses were up and (I'd say running, but that just won't do) walking calmly.

My first time at AK was a dud too. But it has really grown on me - a lot. There are so many hidden gems there to scout out and find.

Mickey signing an autograph book! :lmao:

I HATE to stand in lines for characters, so I usually just try to catch a picture; they often end up having random kids in them. :rotfl2:

ok, wait just one minute here! This was Saturday, December 5th, right? We called in the morning and were told Keaton's Korral was closed! What time did you go at? Maybe it opened up later after the rain stopped? Hmmmmm . . .

Love the photos and the update. We went to Epcot on this day and there were minimal crowds. It's so funny how the number of kids gets less and less until it's just Mickey! :rotfl2:

I love the picture of the 4 kids at the Candyland playground. Too cute! Sunny has such a beautiful smile!!

Umm no this was Wednesday December 2nd. The korral runs 2 days out of the week.
I love that picture too!

Great update! I love Sunny on the horse. You should have tried Everest, it is amazing! I think the picture of Mickey by himself is too funny! :rotfl:

I think next time I go I'll go on Everest. It didn't seem that bad after my little brother went on it.

What a sweet little girl!:goodvibes Serioulsy, Sunny has the perfect name because her little face is like sunshine, love her smile!:goodvibes I'll bet she charms everyone she meets.

Wow, she liked It's Tough To Be A Bug?? My DD6 and DD8 screamed in terror! Actually my DD6 jumped off her seat and into my lap and stayed curled in a ball till we left!:lmao: Sunny is much braver!

Loving this trip report. I hope you all had a wonderful time and I'm looking forward to reading the rest. Great job!:thumbsup2

She wasn't scared of ANYTHING!!! It was amazing! She rode everything that I thought she would be scared of. She LOVED It's Tough To Be A Bug!

So after AK, we decided to head back home a little early to get some dinner in. The sibs marveled at the sites that Florida had to offer while the adults sat in quite (this was one of the only times we would have it unless we were sleeping :rotfl:). My mom told me that they had a surprise for the kids that night and I immediatly knew what it was (Thanks DISers) Mayor Clayton would be visiting my siblings that night and tuck them into bed...That night we got the kids ready for bed and told them that there was a surprise coming over soon. They all got so excited when there was a knock on the door...

SunnysMAW136.jpg

MAYOR CLAYTON!!!! In case you don't know, Mayor Clayton is the GKTW mayor rabbit.

SunnysMAW142.jpg

Mayor Clayton tucked in the kids and some of them went straight to bed, but some (Sunny) decided to check this bunny out a little more. So she followed him from room to room and he played with her. He got to Noah's bed. He got into his bed and fell asleep!

SunnysMAW147.jpg

The kids really enjoyed having Mayor Clayton over and I highly recommend booking a tuck-in when you get to the village.

Up Next... Universal Studios!

Yay, a Sunny update!:thumbsup2 Love, love, love this pic too! She's so adorable and looks like she really enjoyed her special visit from the Mayor. I'll bet the kids had trouble getting to bed after such a fun time! Looking forward to the Universal Studios part!:goodvibes

:cloud9: Very sweet pictures from the tuck in night! :grouphug:

Our first stop this morning was to visit the disney characters. Sunny got a dolled-up to meet Mickey, Goofy, and maybe a princess. We headed down to breakfast and ran into...

SunnysMAW150.jpg

Looks like Sunny got her wish. I quizzed her on her princesses months before our trip so she knew most of them. Even in different outfits! She squealled with delite when we ran into Belle.

Next we ate and got in the car to go straight to

171.jpg

175.jpg

I'd have to say that this was my favorite park. I rode almost every roller coaster we came across. I even got my siblings to ride them with me.

Another side note: It takes FOREVER to actually get to a park. It's a walk but there is alot to see along the way.

SunnysMAW156.jpg

173.jpg

So we finally reached Islands of Adventure. My little brother, little sister immediatly make a beline for the Incredible Hulk coaster

165.jpg

Although I loved the ride, I missed a very special meeting with the Marvel comic heros. They notcied Sunny's lanyard and came down the street in their vehicles! All of the Xmen as well as Spiderman had a private meet and greet with Sunny and the rest of my family while we were on the ride. I really wish I could have seen this... But I got to see a few pictures. Unfortunitly, they are on my dad's camera. So I can't show you... sorry.

After that we decided to stay together in case that ever happened again. We got through the entire park in 4 hours and got to meet some characters along the way.

169.jpg

170.jpg

Ok so DISers I need your help. This yellow guy here is a mystery to even me. Usually I know every character and their backgorund but he stumped me. We're thinking Green Eggs and Ham? But I don't know for sure. Any help?

anyway, After IOA we located Universal and headed that way. On our our first stops was the Shrek 4D. I've heard so many different opinons about this ride. I personally found it pretty cute. My siblings enjoyed it alot. (Warning! The chairs are pretty uncomfortable, but they move to thats why) After that we met Shrek, Fiona and donkey. These characters were great. Donkey actually talks to you! And he sounded just like Eddie Murphy. LOL
177.jpg

178.jpg

Now this next guy, We don't allow the kids to watch him but we decided to ride the ride anyway (the same with the Simpsons ride..which was amazing). I'm sorry I don't remeber the SpongeBob ride very much...

180.jpg

Thus ends the IOA and Universal portion of this story. That night went pretty smooth. We got the kids in the tub. I decided to test something out while Sunny was in the tub...

SunnysMAW217.jpg

SunnysMAW220.jpg

SunnysMAW224.jpg

Ok So... I wanted to know how many bubbles a FULL tube of shampoo makes... It was EVERYWHERE! I lost Sunny in it after a while... LOL

Up Next: Magic Kingd.... :sad2:No... Epco... :sad2:No... Well you'll just have to come back to see!:rotfl::eek:

Hooray for updates! It looks like the kids had a blast with the tuck-in, and that you all had a great time at US/IOA. I love the pic from the back with everyone walking toward the park! :goodvibes: I think I've posted before but I may have just lurked? Not sure, it's been a looong winter for us! Can't help you with the yellow Seuss character because I don't know either..but I'm sure someone will :)

Awww, what a great update! Geez, that little Sunny is such a cutie pie! Love the pic of her with Belle, she looks completely star struck!:lovestruc

Universal looks awesome, we want to try it out next trip. I have no idea who that yellow Dr. Seuss character is though.:confused3 Sounds like you all were having such a wonderful time together! Oh, I also loved the pic of Sunny in the tub with the mountains of bubbles! Can't wait to read the rest.:thumbsup2 Great job!:goodvibes

I am still reading along. You take great action shots of Sunny and your siblings. I love the Mayor Clayton tuck in. It looks like your day at Universal was successful for everyone. I am glad you were able to ride to many coasters. Great updates! :banana:

Love that sweet little face in the bubble bath!! How cute can you get?

Yea she is a cutie! I love being around her! She says and does the funniest things sometimes. But thank you all for the support and for following my family on our journey. I enjoy making these TR and having people read them as well.

so we just decided we werent going to go to universal but now i see your pics and want to see if i can maybe spend at least a day there. and let me just tell you my 3 year old daughter would love to have you for a big sis, she always complains that i dont use enough bubbles in her tub:rotfl:
too cute

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter