• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sunny's Make-A-Wish TR 12/1-12/6

cleostar09

Annastesia
:cool1:And so it begins! It's been about a month since my family got to experience the trip of a lifetime. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about let me give a brief summary of my PTR. But first let me introduce my family...

SunnysMAW135.jpg

So first of all I'd like to introduce my sister and the Wish Child Saundria or Sunny for short. She was adopted into my family 3 years ago and immediately stole our hearts.

SunnysMAW132.jpg

Next is Zachariah. He is 8 years old and the second youngest. He is into video games and Star Wars.

SunnysMAW131.jpg

This is Noah. He is the jokester of the family. He is also 8 years old. He's ALL boy. He spends most of his summer outside skateboarding or running around with his friends.

SunnysMAW059.jpg

The birthday boy here is Brendan. He is 12 and LOVES animals. This picture was taken at GKTW on his Birthday! Yes he got to celebrate his birthday down there! So did Sunny!

Next there is MaShea. She's 15 and loves Hannah Montana. Actually she loves anything Disney Channel... She doesn't have an individual picture but you'll see her throughout the TR

SunnysMAW337.jpg

I'm Annastesia. I'm 19. I'm the oldest on the trip although I do have 2 older sisters.

SunnysMAW021.jpg

These people right here are my wonderful parents Micheal and Bette.

At the tender age of 2 Sunny was diagnosed with Leukemia while visiting my grandparents in Ohio. She went through so much at such a young age. We all were SUPER excited to hear that she was nominated for a Make A Wish trip. My mom talked with her about it. But as most of you know talking to a 2 year old about what they want to do can be impossible. So my mom payed attention to what she liked. She has an obsession with Mickey Mouse so my mom thought Disney would be perfect (And I couldn't agree more!). So plans were made to send our family of 8 (yes 8) to Disney in December of the following year. I have to say the wait was almost unbearable for me as well as Sunny. I found myself surfing the internet about EVERYTHING Disney (with Sunny on my lap). We enjoyed looking at past TRs and Youtube videos of other MAW trips. I soon became the family travel agent with all of the knowledge I collected off of this site as well as many others (THANK YOU!!). I made lists of rides that each child would enjoy and restaurants that satisfied our most picky eaters!

Aw!!!

Great start!

You did such a wonderful job planning this trip for your family!

I can't wait for more!!!! :)

Your sister is SO precious! :cutie: What an awesome family you have...can't wait to hear all about your trip! :cool1:

Definitely going to follow your precious family to WDW!!! What an awesome, beautiful family you have!

Can't wait to hear more :)

Thank you all for your support. I'm so excited to be making a trip report. I've viewed s many it's seems surreal that I finally get to make ours...

So the morning we left, we were packing some last minute things into our carry-ons. Sunny wanted to take her LAST MICKEYoff of the poster that Stefanilyn made for us.

SunnysMAW004.jpg

Everyone was just about packed when the limo pulled up. Now, the kids didn't know that were where going to the airport in a limo. They just assumed that we would drive there or that my older sister would drop us off(She was at our house to see us off with her daughters). It was the cutest thing to see the look on their faces when the driver pulled onto our street... Unfortunetly, I didn't get a picture of their reactions beause I didn't see the limo pull up in time.

SunnysMAW005.jpg

So we got everything loaded while the kids played in the limo.

SunnysMAW006.jpg

After that it was time to head out. The limo ride was kewl. Very short though (the airport is about 20 minutes away from our house). Anyway, we reach the airport just fine and on time... (Note: this will be the ONLY thing we do on time...LOL). After we unpacked the limo we walked to where we were suppose to unload our bags. After a 20 minute wait it was finally our turn... My dad gave the lady our tickets and waited...and waited... and waited... Aparently, something was wrong with 2 of my sibling's names on the ticket... :confused3 It took us 40 minutes to get the situation handled.:sad2: But it's was all ok afterwards and we waited to load the plane. I got sum cute photo-opps during this time.

SunnysMAW007.jpg

Surprisingly, my siblings did great while waiting for the plane. I really thought this and the plane ride itself was going to be a fight. My siblings can't really get along for too long... But they did wonderful! I read to Sunny whiule the boys played with their goody-bags that my mom's friend made for them.

The plane ride gave me a terrible migrane though... Sunny sat beside me and LOVED it!

SunnysMAW012.jpg

SunnysMAW016.jpg

Look at that smile! She really enjoyed the take-off and landing...

Ok so I know that every trip is bound to have bumps and set-backs but we just wern't prepared for them... We reached Orlando through a different airport then GKTW was told. In our Itinerary, we recieved information about how a greeter will meet us after our flight nad all that... Well, we waited for the greeter for about a half an hour. My dad then went to get our rental but had problems with that because GKTW made arrangements for our greeter and rental to meet us at the big airport (sorry I don't remeber the names:rolleyes:) Anyway, my dad found a car and my mom called GKTW. We recieved a rental anyway and we had directions to GKTW. Everything was right in the world again. We piled into the car (which was nice BTW) and drove an hour (Yea we were pretty far from GKTW) to our villa.

SunnysMAW019.jpg

SunnysMAW017.jpg

Love the great big smiles all over everyone's faces. So wonderful to see a big, happy family on their way- IN A LIMO no less!!! How cool is that?!

Total bummer about the wrong airport stuff. that stinks, but glad it worked out in the end. I'll bet you were all pretty tired after the travel, waiting AND some more driving!

Love Sunny's smiles! Im so glad the plane ride was fun and you were able to get everything worked out with the rental.

Great start! The kids look super-excited to be on the way to WDW! Looking forward to reading more! popcorn::

What a great start to your report- everyone looks so happy and excited! Can't wait to read more! popcorn::

terrific start to your trip report. you have such a nice family and it sounds like you are a wonderful big sister to sunny! i will try to keep up as you update!

Thank you all for the love and support! I'm soo excited to be starting my Trip Report! It's so much fun to make and it gives me a chance to remember everything again.

Fantastic start to the trip report. You took some great photos of your siblings and really captured their excitement! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your journey! Thank you for taking the time to write this report! :wizard:

Sunny is just adorable!!

The limmo ride to the airport is really cool!

Yea! You started at TR! I'm so excited to read all about our overlapping trips! I still can't believe I never met you while there!

Yea! You started at TR! I'm so excited to read all about our overlapping trips! I still can't believe I never met you while there!

I know!!! It was pretty funny though. I did point you out as you were walking away.... And my family seemed to really like yours.

That's great that ou two "know" each other!! That'll be fun to watch each other's TRs!

That's great that ou two "know" each other!! That'll be fun to watch each other's TRs!

Unfortunately, I never actually Annastesia, Sunny, or their or her family. She met my DH and the kids and DGma on several occasions, but apparently I spent a great deal of time on vacation avoiding my own family as I was never around when it happened! Where was I?

I am very excited to read all about Sunny's Wish Trip. Our GKTW dates were nearly identical so I'm eager to read her impressions and stories about that week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter