• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sunny's Make-A-Wish TR 12/1-12/6

Hurray for another Wish trip report!!! I've subbed and caught up. Sunny stole my heart instantly too. She's adorable! Adoption has a special place in my heart. Both of my dd's were adopted into our family and I did volunteer work for an adoption advocacy group for a few years. In my experiences I've found it's a blessing to all of the lives involved. Can't wait to read about your trip!

but apparently I spent a great deal of time on vacation avoiding my own family as I was never around when it happened! Where was I?

!

Why do I find that incredibly funny?!! :lmao: Did you slip into the Ditch and soak up a Margharita?? I think I might avoid my family some too after 24/7 for a few days. :rotfl2:

Why do I find that incredibly funny?!! :lmao: Did you slip into the Ditch and soak up a Margharita?? I think I might avoid my family some too after 24/7 for a few days. :rotfl2:

Well, it was only day 1 of our trip by then so no excuses for me. But if you happen to spot me in the periperhy of one of Annastesia's pictures, huddled in one corner sipping a cocktail while my DH and DGma struggle to control the Wild Bunch in another area, PLEASE DON'T TELL THEM - I have them convinced I was taking care of necessary trip logistics!

Well, it was only day 1 of our trip by then so no excuses for me. But if you happen to spot me in the periperhy of one of Annastesia's pictures, huddled in one corner sipping a cocktail while my DH and DGma struggle to control the Wild Bunch in another area, PLEASE DON'T TELL THEM - I have them convinced I was taking care of necessary trip logistics!

LOL U know I actually did look at my family's pictures from the trip to see if I could see any of you all in the background... So far no luck

Your secret's safe with me. :lmao::rotfl2:

So we arrived at GKTW. Our villa wasn't ready yet so we decided to explore our home away from home until it was finished. Our first stop... The carrousel. Sunny saw it from a mile away:rolleyes: Her face lit up when the Angel (GKTW volunteer) said that she could ride it as many times as she wanted... who knew she would gladly extend that offer...:rotfl:

SunnysMAW024.jpg

We have PLENTY of pictures from the carrousel but I thought this one captured her perfectly... don't you think?

After the 9th ride, we found out our villa was ready but the kids wanted to continue playing, so my dad went to unload our stuff and the rest of us stayed and played at Amberville Train Station.

SunnysMAW031.jpg

The last stop (after we found dad of course)... The Ice Cream Parlor. This was a family favorite almost every night! It was also the place we encountered Stefanilyn's family.

SunnysMAW044.jpg

After that was done, we went to see our villa. To our surprise we had TWO! Our family is so large we needed two villas! That means 4 bathrooms (2 more then we have at home), 2 jacuzzis, 2 kitchens, and 1 LARGE bed for yours truly!!:cloud9::cheer2::cloud9:

SunnysMAW050.jpg

SunnysMAW051.jpg

Sunny had ALOT of fun with that Jacuzzi, but we'll save that for another post...
The rest of our night consisted of planning for Animal Kingdom in the morning, eating in our villa, and watching TV.

Her smile on that carousel is like 1000 watts! Awesome that you got your own (big) bed!!! The trip is sure starting out right!

Oh that is so awesome!! :)

TWO villas! And they were the castle themed villas! Awesome!

I am so glad you got pampered with a BIG bed! You deserve it for planning this trip for your family. :hug:

Love the carousel picture!

The carousel picture is priceless! Wow - Two villas! I love that you got your own big bed! Great updates! :cheer2:

Love the carousel piture! Soooo cute. And I'm so happy you had TWO villas! That is just extra special. You totally deserve your own HUGE (weren't those beds gigantic?!?!) bed for all of your hard work. I loved the update and can't wait for more!

Hmmmmm . . . where was I during ice cream time? was that before or after Christmas?

Lovely picture of sunny on the carousel!! It does capture her perfectly. The villa looks so dreamy! Score on the big bed for yourself! I think when you met StefaniLyn's family she was otherwise occupied. Something about "taking care of family logistics". :lmao::rolleyes1

Love the carousel piture! Soooo cute. And I'm so happy you had TWO villas! That is just extra special. You totally deserve your own HUGE (weren't those beds gigantic?!?!) bed for all of your hard work. I loved the update and can't wait for more!

Hmmmmm . . . where was I during ice cream time? was that before or after Christmas?

I believe it was after Christmas. We didn't really get to celebrate Christmas... We were standing in line waiting for Santa... LOL:santa:

Oh bummer! I keep hearing about the line for Santa. What would be better? Jumping in line first thing? Or waiting until the very end and joining in then?

Oh bummer! I keep hearing about the line for Santa. What would be better? Jumping in line first thing? Or waiting until the very end and joining in then?

Definitely get there EARLY. We were kinda late coming back from Universal and spent almost the entire Christmas waiting in line. We missed the parade, and didn't even get to see the other little surprises we had hoped to. So try to get there before the line starts because it does take a long time. We spent more time in that line then we did at the parks:rotfl2:

Thanks for the tip! We have Universal planned for that day as well. Will have to keep the time frame in mind when we're there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter