Summer *GT rate pricing on the Fantasy

Anyone know what the *GT prices (IGT/OGT/VGT) where last summer on the Fantasy?

I am not sure there was ANY IGT/OGT/VGT pricing last summer on the Fantasy. Those cruises are almost always filled to capacity during the summer months and the pricing normally keeps heading up the longer you wait. Maybe someone else can add to this, but I do not recall any GT pricing during the summer on the Fantasy.

DWF

There definitely was some July and August GT pricing for the Fantasy last year. I'm sorry I don't remember what they were like. I only remember them offering it because I almost switched to the Fantasy from my Magic cruise.

disneywonderfun said:
I am not sure there was ANY IGT/OGT/VGT pricing last summer on the Fantasy. Those cruises are almost always filled to capacity during the summer months and the pricing normally keeps heading up the longer you wait. Maybe someone else can add to this, but I do not recall any GT pricing during the summer on the Fantasy.

DWF

According to this thread there were. It's the only reason I even thought of asking.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988188

There were GT rates and a DVC Discount offered on some June 2012 Fantasy sailings. I just don't recall what the GT rates were, I know the DVC discount was better.

I would love to know, too. We are currently booked on the August 17th Fantasy sailing, which we booked while onboard the Dream this past August. According to the thread luv2sleep linked above, there was a VGT rate on the 8/18/12 Fantasy sailing. Hmmm....

For the Fantasy 8/25/12 I found the following:

IGT for 2 $2543 (1 adult/1 child)

VGT for 2 $2655 (1 adult/1 child)

OGT for 4 $4191 (2 adults/2 children)

VGT for 4 was around $4900 ( 2A/2C)

IGT for 4 was more than OGT, but less than VGT..I don't remember the exact price.

Holly4 said:
For the Fantasy 8/25/12 I found the following:

IGT for 2 $2543 (1 adult/1 child)

VGT for 2 $2655 (1 adult/1 child)

OGT for 4 $4191 (2 adults/2 children)

VGT for 4 was around $4900 ( 2A/2C)

IGT for 4 was more than OGT, but less than VGT..I don't remember the exact price.

Those are some steep IGT prices! Sheesh! Our 14 day Hawaii OGT was cheaper than that. Wow.

Ok I know thatGT rates are special cheaper rates (with some restrictions?) but can someone please explain these acronyms to me? I am new to DCL and just went on my first cruise and would like to do more so I would like to understand all of this better. Thanks!

GusGus77 said:
Ok I know thatGT rates are special cheaper rates (with some restrictions?) but can someone please explain these acronyms to me? I am new to DCL and just went on my first cruise and would like to do more so I would like to understand all of this better. Thanks!

The GT (guarantee) rates are released after a cruise's PIF (paid in full) date which is 60 days (I think) before the cruise sets sail. With one of these rates you are guaranteed a certain type of room but not any particular class/category, deck, or specific stateroom. The type of room you can be guaranteed for are Inside (IGT), Outside (OGT), or Veranda (VGT). So if you book a VGT you are guaranteed to get some veranda room somewhere in the ship. Your actual room assignment is given around two weeks before the sail date. If I understand correctly, when you book a GT rate you have to pay in full at the time of the booking.

MAJPLO said:
The GT (guarantee) rates are released after a cruise's PIF (paid in full) date which is 60 days (I think) before the cruise sets sail. With one if these rates you are guaranteed a certain type of room but not any particular class/category, deck, or specific stateroom. They type of room you can be guaranteed for are Inside (IGT), Outside (OGT), or Veranda (VGT). So if you book a VGT you are guaranteed to get some veranda room somewhere in the ship. Your actual room assignment is given around two weeks before the sail date. If I understand correctly, when you book a GT rate you have to pay in full at the time of the booking.

Thank you!

The GT (guarantee) rates are released after a cruise's PIF (paid in full) date which is 60 days (I think) before the cruise sets sail. With one of these rates you are guaranteed a certain type of room but not any particular class/category, deck, or specific stateroom. The type of room you can be guaranteed for are Inside (IGT), Outside (OGT), or Veranda (VGT). So if you book a VGT you are guaranteed to get some veranda room somewhere in the ship. Your actual room assignment is given around two weeks before the sail date. If I understand correctly, when you book a GT rate you have to pay in full at the time of the booking.

You have to pay in full, and NO CHANGES! I tried to change it to 2 rooms, so I would have been paying more, but they wouldn't let me.

As point of clarification, OP means this past summer, since the Fantasy didn't start sailing until March 2012.

Not sure if this info will be helpful, as I know GTY rates are different than the IGT/OGT rates, but we secured a GTY rate for August 18, 2012 (booked April 2011) of $4875.00, Category 9B - Oceanview Stateroom, Western Caribbean, 2 adults & 2 children under 9 yrs old.

As another point of clarification, we were given our stateroom at time of booking and it remained as such. We paid deposit and paid in full was due June 1, 2012.

Hope this helps, Tiger

Tiger926 said:
As point of clarification, OP means this past summer, since the Fantasy didn't start sailing until March 2012.

Not sure if this info will be helpful, as I know GTY rates are different than the IGT/OGT rates, but we secured a GTY rate for August 18, 2012 (booked April 2011) of $4875.00, Category 9B - Oceanview Stateroom, Western Caribbean, 2 adults & 2 children under 9 yrs old.

As another point of clarification, we were given our stateroom at time of booking and it remained as such. We paid deposit and paid in full was due June 1, 2012.

Hope this helps, Tiger

The GTY rate is not a discounted rate. All that means is that by the time you booked they couldn't assign you a specific cabin number. You still paid the same price as someone who booked the 9B that same day and but happened to get a number. The *GT rate is significantly reduced from the regular rate an is normally only available after the PIF date. No room number is assigned and if a person books an OGT rate cabin they can be assigned any ocean view cabin in any category (or sometimes higher) while you guys were going to get a 9B specifically (occ ppl get a higher cabin cat there too but it's not as common).

The GTY rate is not a discounted rate. All that means is that by the time you booked they couldn't assign you a specific cabin number. You still paid the same price as someone who booked the 9B that same day and but happened to get a number. The *GT rate is significantly reduced from the regular rate an is normally only available after the PIF date. No room number is assigned and if a person books an OGT rate cabin they can be assigned any ocean view cabin in any category (or sometimes higher) while you guys were going to get a 9B specifically (occ ppl get a higher cabin cat there too but it's not as common).

Hmmm...I just checked back through my notes, and there were non-GTY rates for the same cabin categories, and they were more money that what we paid. I thought there was a discount on those rooms. We did get assigned a specific cabin number - from the moment we booked, we had our cabin number.

Sorry as I didn't mean to add confusion, as I thought the GTY rates were a bit discounted, so didn't know if anyone could use our numbers for point of comparison.

Tiger

Tiger926 said:
Hmmm...I just checked back through my notes, and there were non-GTY rates for the same cabin categories, and they were more money that what we paid. I thought there was a discount on those rooms. We did get assigned a specific cabin number - from the moment we booked, we had our cabin number.

Sorry as I didn't mean to add confusion, as I thought the GTY rates were a bit discounted, so didn't know if anyone could use our numbers for point of comparison.

Tiger

I don't understand what you got then. Anytime a cabin number is not assigned the reservation will say GTY. My VGT said GTY until I got my assignment at about 16 days out. My cat 11C non- discounted rate said GTY until cabin assignment at about 50 days out. Maybe you had another discount? Military? Resident? Other? The only discount I've booked is a *GT rate and *GT rates never have a category (i.e. 11C, 9B, etc). They are just IGT, OGT or VGT. They all will also say GTY also though until the cabin is assigned.

Did you originally book a 9B?

I don't understand what you got then. Anytime a cabin number is not assigned the reservation will say GTY. My VGT said GTY until I got my assignment at about 16 days out. My cat 11C non- discounted rate said GTY until cabin assignment at about 50 days out. Maybe you had another discount? Military? Resident? Other? The only discount I've booked is a *GT rate and *GT rates never have a category (i.e. 11C, 9B, etc). They are just IGT, OGT or VGT. They all will also say GTY also though until the cabin is assigned.

Did you originally book a 9B?

This is the first I've heard of this. No wonder folks are confusing the GTY and *GT.
So what does a *GT say on the ressie online after cabin assignment?
Does a GTY booking still indicate GTY online after cabin assignment?
TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter