Summer *GT rate pricing on the Fantasy

This is the first I've heard of this. No wonder folks are confusing the GTY and *GT.
So what does a *GT say on the ressie online after cabin assignment?
Mine said VGT, GTY.
Does a GTY booking still indicate GTY online after cabin assignment?
No, the GTY part goes away and is replaced by the cabin number.
TIA

Answered above in the quote....

I was watching the August 12 Fantasy prices last year. The fantasy prices for August sailings, the 24/8 happened in June. The cabin had to be paid for in full, no changes, no refunds.

Around a month later, the earlier dates for August also became open to the No refund, no change no cancellation pay in full rate.

The rates were similar to those quoted on the opening price thread, for 2012.

i think we paid about 7,000 combined for two VGT rooms on the fantasy last June (it was the June 23rd western caribbean if i remember the date correctly). we were two adults, two kids aged 3, and one baby aged 1. we booked one adult and one child in one vgt room, and one adult, one child, and one baby in the other vgt room. we got assigned connecting category 5b's. it was a blast. miss it. we booked it about 50ish days out.

elcasar said:
i think we paid about 7,000 combined for two VGT rooms on the fantasy last June (it was the June 23rd western caribbean if i remember the date correctly). we were two adults, two kids aged 3, and one baby aged 1. we booked one adult and one child in one vgt room, and one adult, one child, and one baby in the other vgt room. we got assigned connecting category 5b's. it was a blast. miss it. we booked it about 50ish days out.

Now that's a decent price.

I don't understand what you got then. Anytime a cabin number is not assigned the reservation will say GTY. My VGT said GTY until I got my assignment at about 16 days out. My cat 11C non- discounted rate said GTY until cabin assignment at about 50 days out. Maybe you had another discount? Military? Resident? Other? The only discount I've booked is a *GT rate and *GT rates never have a category (i.e. 11C, 9B, etc). They are just IGT, OGT or VGT. They all will also say GTY also though until the cabin is assigned.

Did you originally book a 9B?

Ok, this is the weirdest thing ever...

I booked online a GTY room Category 9A Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom, April 2011 @ 1:37 pm - no stateroom listed, just as you stated. $4987.00

10 mins later @ 1:47 pm, I received a second email for room Category 9B Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom #2036. $4875.00.

I never noticed this before, and have no idea what happened!!! I can't believe neither I nor my TA noticed this.

I don't know what happened...? So in trying to help others on here, I have now noticed some weird thing happened with my reservation. :confused3

Tiger

Tiger926 said:
Ok, this is the weirdest thing ever...

I booked online a GTY room Category 9A Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom, April 2011 @ 1:37 pm - no stateroom listed, just as you stated. $4987.00

10 mins later @ 1:47 pm, I received a second email for room Category 9B Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom #2036. $4875.00.

I never noticed this before, and have no idea what happened!!! I can't believe neither I nor my TA noticed this.

I don't know what happened...? So in trying to help others on here, I have now noticed some weird thing happened with my reservation. :confused3

Tiger

Were you on the Dream? If so, could it be that you were booked when they changed categories soon after it started to sail?

Were you on the Dream? If so, could it be that you were booked when they changed categories soon after it started to sail?

Nope, as I stated I was on the Fantasy.

We aren't sure what happened at all! Very interesting.

Tiger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter