Suggestions???

Candy30

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

This is my first post here in this forum. I have a trip planned in the beginning of September for my family group of 9. It includes 4 families. I want to get bags together of things for our trip. I work full time and have a 2nd job currently. So I don't have a lot of time. I have been making t shirts (iron on), luggage tags and autograph books for kids. Our last meeting about the trip I want to give out the bags. Do you have any suggestions on quick small items I could do for a group of 9? Or any other suggestions?

I don't know if you already have the bags, but there is a pattern for a no-sew bag on marthastewart.com (I haven't made it yet, so I can't verify its strength): http://www.marthastewart.com/article/no-sew-tote-bags?backto=true (the instructions call for some sort of iron on vinyl, but I think you could use a vinyl shower curtain, or since summer stuff is now on sale, vinyl table cloths--that's what I'm doing).

I made a gift package last trip that included a lot of items that one may use on a trip, but would cost a lot more in WDW:

glow sticks for parades (WalMart had these for like $0.50 a pack, or I also saw them 3/$1 at the Dollar Tree)
candy
playing cards with Disney characters
batteries for all those electronics!
sunscreen
spray misting fans (they are probably $20 or more in the parks, but I found them for under $5 at WalMart)
Disney Dollars (you can buy them at the Disney Store)
made a Hidden Mickey or other type scavenger hunt for the parks or resorts
if you're driving, a collection of car games (http://www.momsminivan.com/ has a lot of ideas) or a mix CD of Disney/family songs
picture frames for those wonderful trip photos (you can buy cheap craft ones and decorate with Disney stickers or scrapbook paper)
water bottle strap/holder
individual drink mix packets to add to free "Mickey water" to help with the taste

Kellogs makes a variety of Disney themed fruit snacks (Toy Story, Nemo, Princesses, Tinkerbell, etc). You could buy a few boxes and put the individual fruit snack bags in your gift bags. Each fruit snack bag has the picture of the characters on the outside of the bag and then of course the fruit snacks are shaped like the characters. They taste pretty good too :)

I have some Toy Story ones on my desk at the moment. I've also seen them on sale a few places recently. If you have a Krogers in your area they are $1.50/box if you buy 4 boxes. Normally, they are around $3 a box.

I was gonna say Disney snacks, cookies, fruit rolls, chap stick, stickers for the kids, pens, pencils.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter