Strollers stollen?

hm6032

Earning My Ears
I'm already in FL but will be taking my 12 month old from nov 30-dec 7. We received a high end stroller at our baby shower that costs just over a thousand dollars. I have seen others at the park prior to having DS but I always believed its safe to leave it outside rides and shows. Is this still the case? Or should I purchase a bike lock?

I would go for the lock or just rent one. A friend of mine had their stroller stolen so it does happen.

I have heard if you lock the stroller to something (fence) etc they may be removed by security, we have never had any trouble but if your worried take a cheap one with you or rent

I would rent one. It's probably not likely that it would get stollen, but possible and for me personally, I know I would be worried about leaving it anywhere and distracted thinking about whether it would still be there when I go back to get it.

I have been taking strollers to WDW for the past 20 years. I have never had one stolen. Moved by CM's, but not stolen. If I had a stroller that cost over $1000:scared1: I think I would leave that one at home and take another cheaper stroller or rent one from an offsite service (WDW strollers arent comfy for a 1 yr old).

I have an expensive stroller, but when we first went with ds1 I went out and purchased an umbrella stroller. I didn't want to bother with my expensive one. Plus taking it apart (it's a 2 piece) to get on and off the bus wasn't appealing. I prefer a one hand fold, since one parents will be holding kid and other will have stroller and any bags that go in it.

Also they don't allow you to lock strollers b/c they sometimes need to move them and organize the strollers.

Thanks. Mine is a 2 piece one too so getting on and off the buses might be a pain. My other issue with renting one is it needs to fully recline so DS will nap in it. Might have to run to the stores today and see if I can find one. DH is going to kill me lol

I purchased a first years ignite stroller for around $45 at a club store. It reclined enough for our 9 month old to sleep in it, but not all the way back. I think 45$ is worth not having to worry about your expensive stroller the whole trip. We actually got a ton of use out of our cheapo stroller, way easier to maneuver and fit into cars than either our jogger or big chicco.

Yeah, I'm thinking that if you wouldn't leave 10 hundred dollar bills outside of a ride, you may not want to bring that stroller.

Okay, maybe a bit extreme on the comparison, but you get the gist.:)

$1,000 for a stroller :crazy2:

Leave it at home and get a cheap one for travel.

I thought this thread was asking about an exotic recipe - stroller stoLLEn.

Get a cheap one for Disney..There is always a risk of it being stolen.Bike locks are only good to slow down a thief .You can't lock the stroller to any object or Disney WILL cut your lock.You can lock the wheels together, but again if a thief really wants it they will find a way

What stroller do you have? We have a Stokke Xplory that cost us $1200 and we have taken it to Disney many times. The first time we took it, I took a lock and locked it to a pole, which I got scolded by security. So the next time we just locked the wheels to each other. We've taken it too and haven't locked it. If you are worried, def just take a lock and lock the wheels together.

I have a higher end stroller as well.
We took it with us to both WDW and DL. It was fine at the parks, but got damaged both times at the airport.

We bought a cheap Babies R Us stroller for about $30 w/ a coupon. A little better than an umbrella stroller in that it reclines ( a necessity for us) and has a tray.

It has worked out well for us thus far.

It's a bugaboo chameleon. I'm thinking renting one might be our best option I'm reading u can get one delivered right to the hotel, anyone use any of those companies they can reccomend? And do they deliver to all hotels? We are staying at AK villas

It's a bugaboo chameleon. I'm thinking renting one might be our best option I'm reading u can get one delivered right to the hotel, anyone use any of those companies they can reccomend? And do they deliver to all hotels? We are staying at AK villas

There are a few companies that deliver right to the hotel. When you leave, just drop it with bell services and they pick it up, too! Super easy and we've always had a great experience doing this. The strollers are clean and in great shape - we rented a double Baby Jogger City Mini. It has a very large canopy, decent basket underneath, full recline, and it's easy to steer.

We've used Orlando Stroller Rental and Magic Strollers and I'd recommend either one. I suggest you add on the insurance *just in case* and I believe Magic Stroller has a parent console and a rain cover which are a nice "extra".

I have never heard of anyone having a stroller stolen at Disney. When we took our ds to Disney for the first time we drove so we took both our strollers. One was a travel stroller and the other was a luxury stroller. They were gifts from my mother and they were extremely expensive. Even though the larger convertible stroller was more to fold up and carry we wanted our ds to be comfortable. The idea that someone would steal his stroller just never occurred to me. I think you should take your good stroller as a a rental stroller just seems yucky to me. Lock the wheels if it makes you feel more secure but your child should feel safe and secure in his/her stroller with all the safe textures and smells.
You will also find it much easier to maneuver a well built stroller through the parks. I am sure your homeowner's insurance will cover the cost of the stroller if it is stolen. How anyone could think of stealing a stroller is incomprehensible to me.......very bad Karma for their child. That's like stealing someone's prosthetic limb.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The ones everyone talks about are Orlando Stroller Rentals, Baby Wheels, and Kingdom Stroller Rentals. All three are about equal as far as reviews and recommendations from Disney sites like this one. Kingdom and Orlando have a slightly wider selection of strollers than Baby Wheels. Kingdom and Baby Wheels are slightly less expensive, and they have free accessories like a rain cover, parent console and cooler bag, Orlando charges $10 for the rain cover, I couldn't find info as to if they even have parent consoles (I didn't look very hard though, honestly). They all have insurance, $15 at Baby Wheels, Orlando differs from stroller to stroller, and $25 at Kingdom. They all deliver and pickup from all area resorts.

I have never heard of anyone having a stroller stolen at Disney. When we took our ds to Disney for the first time we drove so we took both our strollers. One was a travel stroller and the other was a luxury stroller. They were gifts from my mother and they were extremely expensive. Even though the larger convertible stroller was more to fold up and carry we wanted our ds to be comfortable. The idea that someone would steal his stroller just never occurred to me. I think you should take your good stroller as a a rental stroller just seems yucky to me. Lock the wheels if it makes you feel more secure but your child should feel safe and secure in his/her stroller with all the safe textures and smells.
You will also find it much easier to maneuver a well built stroller through the parks. I am sure your homeowner's insurance will cover the cost of the stroller if it is stolen. How anyone could think of stealing a stroller is incomprehensible to me.......very bad Karma for their child. That's like stealing someone's prosthetic limb.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I'm surprised you've never heard of strollers being stolen at Disney. I think the third or fourth thread I read here on the DIS was about a stolen stroller. I've seen several mentions of it since then, by different people. It's shown up enough here on the DIS, to make me think it's a little more of a problem than you would assume.

We have used Orlando Stroller Rental (Sept 2011) and they were fantastic!! We got a double city mini and it was spotless. They had it at bell services before we checked in and we dropped it off before we got on the ME. I would recommend them to anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter