Strollers stollen?

Sorry the web link went before I had a chance to explain the link. This is a link to a Disney employees blog about " the stroller police" I found it to be a real hoot. There is also a story about how to protect your stroller at Disney. If you personalize it with your name( iron on transfer or have it embroidered it is less likely to be stolen. Add a large balloon or some people even put rope lights on it. Wet a diaper with apple juice and hang it in a bag on your stroller etc.
Here is the link again.www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201004/1883/

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

This link really cracked me up :rotfl: I also look at some of these strollers that are over loaded like camels, and wonder what in the world do people *have* to have for a day in the parks. :confused3

we take our double combi and i make sure that the kids get ice cream and anything else that makes a disgusting mess in it so no one would want to use it after us. I would not steal it because it would never be clean again (takes a few washes in the machine at home to acheive moderate cleanliness and no bacteria). I also let them put stickers all over it (thanks dvc!) and we engraved our name on the bottom metal. It is officially our disney stroller and I have not lost it yet. I would find a cheaper but good one used and really make your mark on it. I actually did leave a real dirty diaper in it because we were in a rush and there were no strollers near ours! My regular stroller is also expensive like yours and I would never bring it, but when I do leave it places, I use a serious lock (cable or link) through the one wheel and around the handle so it is annoying to push and noticeable that someone is carrying it away. Also leave your contact info somewhere not noticeable. I put mine on the washing instructions to the seat fabric that is not visible unless you open a flap. That way you can quickly ID when you catch them in the act. You can also bring a copy of your receipt with the serial number written on it, or your guarantee card. I had one for my bugaboo. That helps the police know who it belongs to. That is how everyone does it here. I would also find how to lock the bassinet or seat to the stroller so no one steals that! I have never in the 27 years we have been to Disney had anything stolen, but there is always time for a first.

We just took a cheapie one for our son in October (he had just turned 2 and is not a stroller fan). We also travel light and are not big souvie people, so it worked out great for us. Best of all, we just threw it away at the end of our trip. Best $15 we spent!

We left the bugaboo at home and rented one for the week we went. i just didn't want to deal with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter